Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mach at the track

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 07:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Heater
LS1's Kryptonite= Mach 1
It's true.. Any time a Mach is involved in an LS1 race the LS1 runs 14s.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 429 Likes on 338 Posts

I would like to have a Mach to tinker with.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blownbayou
I know this a ford vs chevy battle...... But how is this statement true??? Z28s and SS are the same motor. The SS just has a 4k appearance package.....

Talk about a thread that will not die
My SS came with 3.23 gears, SLP lid, dual/dual, 275/40/17s all the way around, and a few other little things. Compared to a stock auto Z28 with 2.73s, standard intake/exhaust, theres a fairly substantial difference in performance.

I don't think this thread will ever die either, lol
Old 05-12-2013, 07:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
As a follow up..he did end up getting 4.10s and we ran again coming home from TNT at a local track. He had one passenger I had none and I still pulled him pretty hard.
He now has a 150 shot so I think I will get my *** handed to me..LOL

Edit: since then, I put on a Off Road X, SPEC II Clutch and SPEC Aluminum FW. Eventually, we will try again
He's running pretty stout with that 150 for sure. I had my hands full when I ran him, to say the least. I think I gotta him covered much easier now that I have DRs and 3.73s, but yea that Cobra pulls hard. I think if you did a 125-150 you wouldn't have any issue with him at all.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:49 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GtoSpd
He's running pretty stout with that 150 for sure. I had my hands full when I ran him, to say the least. I think I gotta him covered much easier now that I have DRs and 3.73s, but yea that Cobra pulls hard. I think if you did a 125-150 you wouldn't have any issue with him at all.
Hell yea. That was a good run between you two! Very close. I know your trans did not shift on that one run. I think your 3.73s will make a substantial difference though.
As was stated before by Adam, he did gain about 9 mph in the 1/4 with that shot. Hopefully, if/when he gets back from Texas I'd like to run him first as I am now just to see how bad it will be.....I am a glutton for punishment.LOL

edit: not sure I would want to spray 125. The crank is forged but the pistons and rods are not. The most I would go would be 100 shot.

Last edited by MACHXLR8; 05-12-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh...BTW my car is sort of ready...won't be fully ready until the 23rd when I get the brakes fixed but will be out at Fayetteville Sunday (maybe Benson Thursday) if weather permits.

I ran the Evo on 93, got him by about a car first run. Second run rev limiter on first (both runs actually), spun second (both), short shifted fourth, still got him.

Last edited by Guitar; 05-12-2013 at 09:17 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:09 PM
12 Second Club

My SS came with 3.23 gears, SLP lid, dual/dual, 275/40/17s all the way around, and a few other little things. Compared to a stock auto Z28 with 2.73s, standard intake/exhaust, theres a fairly substantial difference in performance.

I don't think this thread will ever die either, lol
Good point on that... I always forget the 2.73 geared autos and 235 tires.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Guitar
Oh...BTW my car is sort of ready...won't be fully ready until the 23rd when I get the brakes fixed but will be out at Fayetteville Sunday (maybe Benson Thursday) if weather permits.

I ran the Evo on 93, got him by about a car first run. Second run rev limiter on first (both runs actually), spun second (both), short shifted fourth, still got him.
No way. The blue Evo? I am surprised I did not see the run on FB. Did you get a vid? I know his Evo runs pretty good with his upgrades.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hell yea. That was a good run between you two! Very close. I know your trans did not shift on that one run. I think your 3.73s will make a substantial difference though.
As was stated before by Adam, he did gain about 9 mph in the 1/4 with that shot. Hopefully, if/when he gets back from Texas I'd like to run him first as I am now just to see how bad it will be.....I am a glutton for punishment.LOL

edit: not sure I would want to spray 125. The crank is forged but the pistons and rods are not. The most I would go would be 100 shot.
He flat got me on that first run, the 2nd run I spun and got stuck on the limiter, the 3rd run was pretty clean for me but I think he was getting low on pressure too, so...but yea, I'd love to run him again now with the stall locked (trapping 3 mph higher), 3.73s, and the drag radials. Looks like he is gone for awhile though :/

Believe it or not, Machs love the spray for whatever reason..but I totally understand where you're coming from. N20 is tough on any car and a lot can go wrong real quick.

Originally Posted by Guitar

Let me know when you roll out to the track and I'll meet up with you there. A

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
Good point on that... I always forget the 2.73 geared autos and 235 tires.
Yea, those gears are where its at. Just wish they had of gone with 3.73s so I didn't have to, lol.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

No way. The blue Evo? I am surprised I did not see the run on FB. Did you get a vid? I know his Evo runs pretty good with his upgrades.
Yes, Marshall's. He was on 93, not E85 though. Even so, lighter and 30ish more wheel (+awd). I have a video of the second run but not the first (he has it on his phone though). He was in RM so I just asked him to run so I could see how the new gears and such changed it.

Let me know when you roll out to the track and I'll meet up with you there. A
Def. going to Fville on the 19th weather permitting.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ah, I've been wanting to run Marshal too! Hook it up MachXLR8

Guitar, I'll get down there man. Would love to see ya run and line up with you for a couple times too. You getting traction on those Invos?
Old 05-12-2013, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Guitar, I'll get down there man. Would love to see ya run and line up with you for a couple times too. You getting traction on those Invos?
Sounds good. On the old gears, unless it was really cold, the only place I didn't have traction from was a dig. With these new gears, I break loose in the 1st-2nd shift, but other than that I get traction (except from a dig of course).

Being 325s certainly help with that I assume, even though they are 19s. I love the tires, the only ones I'm interested in trying otherwise are the Toyo Proxes r888s as they are a drag radial (I believe). I've been running these invos for close to 20k miles with lots of street pulls, and the tread is still good (except in the places where it has worn prematurely from over/under inflation on my part). I love them.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:19 AM
On The Tree

LOL!...not looking to start another battle, are you?

I swear, anytime a thread gets started or goes off topic with a Mach 1 involved, the LS1 guys go full retard. It's the same crowd that have the same argument and after all these Mach 1 threads they still can't let it go.

I've never been a Mach 1 fan, not saying that they aren't nice cars, but after seeing Mach 1's getting all these LS1 guys twisted, I'm finding it hard not to have respect for them.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by adamantium
Not really stock for stock machs are low low 100 mph cars. Ive seen normal healthy running LS1 cars go 104-107ish
Originally Posted by adamantium
I always thought they ran high 13s? and LS1 cars Low low 13s?
You are good at thinking you know but you aren't that great at knowing.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:27 AM
12 Second Club

I swear, anytime a thread gets started or goes off topic with a Mach 1 involved, the LS1 guys go full retard. It's the same crowd that have the same argument and after all these Mach 1 threads they still can't let it go.

I've never been a Mach 1 fan, not saying that they aren't nice cars, but after seeing Mach 1's getting all these LS1 guys twisted, I'm finding it hard not to have respect for them.
***** heater is on to us.... fall back!!!!*
Old 05-13-2013, 07:32 AM
On The Tree

LoL, if Hio gets a Mach 1, y'all better run when you fall back
Old 05-13-2013, 09:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
***** heater is on to us.... fall back!!!!*
Lmao!!! Get down!!....Shut up!!!.......so we did
Old 05-13-2013, 11:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Lmao!!! Get down!!....Shut up!!!.......so we did
GtoSpd...........why'd this halfta happen?
Old 05-13-2013, 12:05 PM
Teching In

I think you guys would be a good race. I mentioned it to Marshal a couple of times but was never able to get it together. Let me try again. We might have to head towards him this time or meet up half way. I do not think he has been down our way since the last time.

Guitar..if you talk to Marshal, mention about a run with GtoSpd. Maybe we can all meet up. I'll get a 427 Vette, a GTO and a 4thGen Camaro to join in.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:08 PM
Teching In

LoL, if Hio gets a Mach 1, y'all better run when you fall back
LOL...I just cannot see Hio getting a MACH. I think these guys on LS1Tech would rip him a new a$$ for sure.

Quick Reply: Mach at the track