Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mach at the track

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 02:45 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NoHope
HioSSilver, did your car really run an 11.05? Do you have a video of it? That must be one of the strongest running bolt on LS6's I've seen on here, pretty impressive numbers. I think Stoppy is jealous. Let's have those time slips reposted with a video if able.
Don't hold your breath man. All he will do is post the same single timeslip he's tried to pull off multiple times, and that same "grainy" video where you can't see ****. What's funny is any other LSx enthusiast claiming to run the numbers he has would have absolutely no problem showing you solid proof of his/her accomplishment. Only Hio has a problem with that.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:52 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by loudblack97z71
it was inferred when you said you could spray 200 & be the fastest "bolt-on mach" and have another member verify your mods...

or and I using my brain too much and reading into things?
You should go back and re-read his statement.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well either this weekend on next I'm putting in the battle boxes and now that I have the aftermarket quadrant and firewall adjuster I don't have a whole lot to worry about. So hopefully that will make for a much better trip next time to the track! Might even try for a 6,000rpms launch.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Well either this weekend on next I'm putting in the battle boxes and now that I have the aftermarket quadrant and firewall adjuster I don't have a whole lot to worry about. So hopefully that will make for a much better trip next time to the track! Might even try for a 6,000rpms launch.
Racecar.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:03 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

HioSSilver, did your car really run an 11.05? Do you have a video of it? That must be one of the strongest running bolt on LS6's I've seen on here, pretty impressive numbers. I think Stoppy is jealous. Let's have those time slips reposted with a video if able.
He's not the fastest this is the fastest bolt on LS6. This car goes 10.2 though now.

Old 04-18-2013, 03:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I seen a guy with a bolt on yellow Mach blow his rear dumping at like 6k+ at Great Lakes Dragway back in 07.

They can be broken can't they?
Old 04-18-2013, 03:11 PM
Teching In

Removing that plastic piece and replacing it with the aftermarket quadrant was a really small mod but SO well worth it.
The more I ran at the track, the lower the clutch would drop until the point of just grinding gears. I would have to contantly kick up on the clutch pedal to try and adjust it but it would rarely come back up all the way.
Now I just give the adjustment a couple of turns and she is back in the sweet spot.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Raoul-Duke
I seen a guy with a bolt on yellow Mach blow his rear dumping at like 6k+ at Great Lakes Dragway back in 07.

They can be broken can't they?
The stock 28 spline axles don't hold up well to 6K dumps and a tire...A hardened 28 spline Moser or even better a 31 spline will handle it no problem..
Old 04-18-2013, 03:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by UBoysPlayBall?
Don't hold your breath man. All he will do is post the same single timeslip he's tried to pull off multiple times, and that same "grainy" video where you can't see ****. What's funny is any other LSx enthusiast claiming to run the numbers he has would have absolutely no problem showing you solid proof of his/her accomplishment. Only Hio has a problem with that.
Wait what? Hio never posted a vid of the 11.0 pass at 130 cause he doesn't have a video of it. He has posted like a pic with 10 slips back to back or some ****. This vids on his youtube though. Not a grainy video.

Old 04-18-2013, 03:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by automach1
Full bolt on b headed 4vs make more then 300. They also make a lot more then 255tq

There is a local guy with a close to full weight b headed car going 112 with Bolton's. His car made 327/305 std.
lol. 327/305 std? with bolt ons? BULLSHIT.

happiest dyno EVER... AND you quote STD numbers lol. so back to 305rwhp 280rwtq SAE.

let me be specific...SAE!!!!

i build the goddamned things. i might ******* know what they can and CAN't do. they are torqueless wonders. fact of life.

your average bolt on full weight 96-98 cobra is LUCKY to get into the 13.4-13.5 range at 106. dedicated folks get better.

dont let that B headed beast get 25000 miles on it with EGR installed. welcome to power loss galore from clogged ports. my secondary ports were dirty as hell after 50k miles with NO egr.

i had to clean the hell out of the imrc plates and secondary ports.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by adamantium
Wait what? Hio never posted a vid of the 11.0 pass at 130 cause he doesn't have a video of it. He has posted like a pic with 10 slips back to back or some ****. This vids on his youtube though. Not a grainy video.

MIR on 10/7/11 - YouTube
Skinnies

RACECAR.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lemons12
Skinnies

RACECAR.
LOL clearly a race car bro
Old 04-18-2013, 03:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 429 Likes on 338 Posts

So I can throw a 200 shot on my car. Run mid 10's and say I'm the fastestest bolt ons Mach 1 on tehs planet? And as long as I have someone on a message board say mods in my sig are correct, I'm golden?

Dumbass
Originally Posted by loudblack97z71
Seriously? you idiots still think Hio's spraying? get over it....
Where do you get anyone said Hiho is spraying? You idiot
Sure looks like you were insinuating it.
I think you should just stay out of things all together unless you know 100% what you are talking about. Which clearly...not so much
Yes you should. Please spray your Mach with a 200 shot. Make sure to get it on vid so we can watch the guts fall out of it.
yes sir I did. No vid of that run but I do have a vid of it goin 11.1@126.xx and it's pretty clear in that vid that it has more speed in it since it was spinning(i was pedaling it) and half fishtaling. Plus there were other changes made.

Originally Posted by Heater
It is in here.
Glad you brought that up Heat since your boy stoppy sstarted all this **** with corrected converted bullshit numbers.
Who is bench racing?
You
He's not the fastest this is the fastest bolt on LS6. This car goes 10.2 though now.

VTS_01_1 - YouTube
They do a great job with car. My car will never be there with the ls6. I'm just not straight line oriented enough to want to do it. Once I put the rear in I could definitely see it running about 10.7 or so with a decent 60.....maybe a little quicker.

You see youboyssucksack. When you nice instead of a dick I post ****......until then stfu.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 04-18-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
The stock 28 spline axles don't hold up well to 6K dumps and a tire...A hardened 28 spline Moser or even better a 31 spline will handle it no problem..
Nice!
Old 04-18-2013, 03:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Who is bench racing?
No kidding... We are running 1/8th in here....
Old 04-18-2013, 03:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

LOL clearly a race car bro
Well.. In all honesty.. He says street cars don't run around on tires like mine.

His car is WAY more of a racecar than mine is. I have a FULL weight car, nothing taken out for weight reduction.

Just saying is all... Kind of sounds like the pot black kettle thing.... Or whatever that saying is.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by assasinator
lol. 327/305 std? with bolt ons? BULLSHIT.

happiest dyno EVER... AND you quote STD numbers lol. so back to 305rwhp 280rwtq SAE.

They dyno is not happy at all it is usually spot on if not a little lower then most djs.

let me be specific...SAE!!!!

Sae number was 318whp. Tq is still a lot more then 255 even sae.

i build the goddamned things. i might ******* know what they can and CAN't do. they are torqueless wonders. fact of life.

If you build them then you must be doing something wrong if it only makes 255tq.

your average bolt on full weight 96-98 cobra is LUCKY to get into the 13.4-13.5 range at 106. dedicated folks get better.

His went 12.3 @ 111.6 at a 3450lb r/w. Only weight out is spare/jack/trunk mat, and it sits on bigs n littles.

dont let that B headed beast get 25000 miles on it with EGR installed. welcome to power loss galore from clogged ports. my secondary ports were dirty as hell after 50k miles with NO egr.

i had to clean the hell out of the imrc plates and secondary ports.
Hate to disappoint but a b-headed cobra can run well with the right parts n/a.

Last edited by automach1; 04-18-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lemons12
Well.. In all honesty.. He says street cars don't run around on tires like mine.

His car is WAY more of a racecar than mine is. I have a FULL weight car, nothing taken out for weight reduction.

Just saying is all... Kind of sounds like the pot black kettle thing.... Or whatever that saying is.

I guess its how you look at it though, this guy with a benz on here forgot his username said my car was a race car cause i was going to be dailying it on littles and bigs and with fixed seat buckets. Thats just how i like my car my 18 second honda had buckets and a quick release momo steering wheel setup, does that mean it was a race car? lol

I think if you can daily it and its got A/C and P/S, its a street car.

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
They do a great job with car. My car will never be there with the ls6. I'm just not straight line oriented enough to want to do it. Once I put the rear in I could definitely see it running about 10.7 or so with a decent 60.....maybe a little quicker.

You see youboyssucksack. When you nice instead of a dick I post ****......until then stfu.
Yeah def know what there doing he has the record for the fastest T56 vette i think or NA vette forgot. Hes cuting ******* 1.3 60 foots. I can see the 10.7 happening on a DR too. Imagine with a slick. I would just throw it in there to get some people butthurt on here. 11.0 out of a 10 bolt is pretty insane for an M6.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

I'm hoping just to get a mid 13 out of my 10 bolt... Hio's abuse to a rearend is amazing really... it should have detonated on the first pass.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
I'm hoping just to get a mid 13 out of my 10 bolt... Hio's abuse to a rearend is amazing really... it should have detonated on the first pass.
This made me laugh..

Quick Reply: Mach at the track