Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mach at the track

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 01:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
What "record" cars are you tuning for? Just about any place on the east coast can get to 0 and negative d/a, go on those days. The problem with -d/a around my area is the track is **** on those days. Typically because it's cold and I don't run slicks to make up the difference. Unless you utilize the whole track d/a don't really factor in much in 2k-3k swing for most of us. A clean run with good traction can net better results.

Take me for instance. I leave the line @ 50-60% throttle and don't go full throttle until about 25mph. D/a don't mean alot in that situation....some but not alot. If I could be full throttle @ 10mph that would mean more.

Another oversimplification where you only take one factor into account... let me guess though- until I can do what you have at the track you are right and simple physics and common sense is wrong...

Originally Posted by whatsnext
This all seems to familiar for some reason,way to get the natives riled up stoppy
It is quite hilarious, thanks for the read everyone.

Stopsign, nice runs. That car looks great!
Old 04-02-2013, 01:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by UBoysPlayBall?
The butt hurt in here is unreal. I'm also embarrassed to be an LSX owner.
You know it's not the first time... come on....
Old 04-02-2013, 05:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay z28
What the ****? At least 80% of your posts are you bragging up Notch's car. I don't believe for one second that you don't do it for bragging rights. If that were true, maybe you would stfu about yours and Notch's car every once in a while.
+1 and you also know what that saying is. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I think Redfire03 knows what I'm talking about.

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Me too

On another note, seriously, give credit where it is due. The whole slick vs. street tires argument is about as stupid as the Ford nutswinger's LS cubes argument and our "needs supercharger to be fast, 32v, etc." argument.

Stopsign found out a combination that works for him. Guess what, the better ET wins at the 1/4. Trap times don't mean **** at a place where the ET gets the win. If you have all that power and can't get it to the ground to ET well, you are doing it wrong.

All GM vs Ford, siding with these people and those people aside, Props, Stoppy.
Thanks man! What's so hard about a "Good run"? So much butt hurt over a slow car.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
You know it's not the first time... come on....
Oh this isn't even the half way point.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 429 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
Please tell me you didn't just say that. I think stoppy is right. You don't know what D/A corrected means.

I think there are some people that go a few times to the track or a gathering out on the streets that think all the sudden they are experts. This thread has been comical as I drink my coffee at work. Thanks guys!
Sure I know what corrected times mean. I also know that d/a is not the only thing that matters when putting together a run. I don't know why anyone would think d/a is the end all beat all to a good run.
Originally Posted by Theblacknightls1
So I assuming you going to keep it NA. You better not if you run any faster to many people going to get butt hurt lol.
No ones butt hurt.
Originally Posted by Jay z28
What the ****? At least 80% of your posts are you bragging up Notch's car. I don't believe for one second that you don't do it for bragging rights. If that were true, maybe you would stfu about yours and Notch's car every once in a while.
It's a good running car. I posted his slip because Stoppy tried to imply his run would correct to a 11.96. I showed him what a 11.96 slip looked like and how he was not gonna back half with that car and did not 1/8 with it either.
Originally Posted by zz4camaro1980

Another oversimplification where you only take one factor into account... let me guess though- until I can do what you have at the track you are right and simple physics and common sense is wrong...

It is quite hilarious, thanks for the read everyone.

Stopsign, nice runs. That car looks great!
Seems like you might be over simplifying it to think d/a is the only thing that matters. This is where common sense comes into play.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

It's a good running car. I posted his slip because Stoppy tried to imply his run would correct to a 11.96. I showed him what a 11.96 slip looked like and how he was not gonna back half with that car and did not 1/8 with it either.
You really don't know what corrected numbers are do you?
Old 04-02-2013, 07:29 PM
***Repost Police***

end all beat all
I'm not even going to comment on the original purpose of this thread, cuz then it would just turn into one or two people talking about how slow my cars have been. But... I can't stand when people try to use phrases that they have heard in passing, but don't actually understand. It is "end-all, be-all." Or "be-all, end-all," depending on where in the world you are.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:52 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I'm not even going to comment on the original purpose of this thread, cuz then it would just turn into one or two people talking about how slow my cars have been. But... I can't stand when people try to use phrases that they have heard in passing, but don't actually understand. It is "end-all, be-all." Or "be-all, end-all," depending on where in the world you are.
ftw grammar police english teacher for the win. have u got any new cars since the last time we spoke? just curios.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:20 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
ftw grammar police english teacher for the win. have u got any new cars since the last time we spoke? just curios.
WTF does grammar have anything to do with using a phrase that you obviously don't actually know? And nope, sure haven't
Old 04-03-2013, 06:31 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
You really don't know what corrected numbers are do you?
Sure do.....and I know what you were trying to imply. I seen right threw that **** while many others fell into your trap.
Originally Posted by Irunelevens
well I'm in VA...and that's how I say it.

Does it really matter?
Old 04-03-2013, 09:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Sure do.....and I know what you were trying to imply. I seen right threw that **** while many others fell into your trap.
You mean "saw" and "through"

You are so stupid it hurts. Corrected numbers are corrected numbers and calculated numbers are calculated numbers. Neither are what actually happened. I think anyone with a decent IQ knows that...you on the other hand. I can understand the confusion.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Seems like you might be over simplifying it to think d/a is the only thing that matters. This is where common sense comes into play.
When I say you oversimplify, that implies that its more complicated... where did I say that D/A is the only thing that matters?

LOL at you referencing common sense! thanks for more laughs.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:50 AM
On The Tree

You are so stupid it hurts. Corrected numbers are corrected numbers and calculated numbers are calculated numbers. Neither are what actually happened. I think anyone with a decent IQ knows that...you on the other hand. I can understand the confusion.
Exactly. Just like when you correct my 13.4 timeslip at 5000+ DA you get 12.7. It's nice to dream about but I know it didn't really happen. So I still only have a slow brick that only runs 13's.

Unfortunately for me I don't ever see me getting down to a sea level-ish track. Best I'll likely get is Boise with average 2200-2300 DA from what I've heard. Maybe running there with my current set up, I will be able to touch 12's...with my weiner.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:16 AM
On The Tree

LoL, a little N/A 4.6 sure has stirred the pot.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:18 AM
10 Second Club

You mean "saw" and "through"

You mean saw as in chain saw....That's why I used seen dumbass. Threw to through I'll give ya....even though they sound the same. I could have used thru also.

Grammar is what your reduced to when I blew holes thru your hopes and dreams of a corrected and converted to 1/4 time. I can see where that would hurt your feelings when that is all you have to hold on to.
Originally Posted by zz4camaro1980
When I say you oversimplify, that implies that its more complicated... where did I say that D/A is the only thing that matters?

LOL at you referencing common sense! thanks for more laughs.
You implied it was that simple. And yes common sense is shallow around here.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:26 AM
9 Second Club

You mean saw as in chain saw....That's why I used seen dumbass. Threw to through I'll give ya....even though they sound the same. I could have used thru also.

Grammar is what your reduced to when I blew holes thru your hopes and dreams of a corrected and converted to 1/4 time. I can see where that would hurt your feelings when that is all you have to hold on to.

You implied it was that simple. And yes common sense is shallow around here.
Oh good God.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

Ms. Doubtfire us disappointed in all of you
Old 04-03-2013, 11:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

You mean saw as in chain saw....That's why I used seen dumbass.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

lmfao!

Sorry hio, i didnt understand your logic there either
Old 04-03-2013, 11:51 AM
10 Second Club

It's alright man....all that matters is I blew through, threw out and sawed thru his imaginary corrected estimated 11.96 run. Cause it's not gonna git'r done @ a 87 mph 1/8 trap.

Quick Reply: Mach at the track