Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mach at the track

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 09:52 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GtoSpd
Oh yea, nothing like the feeling of hooking like that. He definitely needs to throw a shot on it for the big end. A 150 would turn that car into a damn beast. I have no idea where the boy is coming from with all this "holding off a 130 mph car" crap, lol. Not happening.
Thats his best beat, or continue to just brag about his short track time. Id get bored of that though.

I think its a good combination. A little of everything versus a lot of just one thing (like just a giant cam, or huge stall). I haven't messed with the stall anymore since locking it up at 78 mph. Picked up 3 mph of trap with the lock up for a 118.5 trap! Happy with the results, but trying not to beat on it too much since its still a stock 4l60 and single disk stall. I gotta to either unlock it or upgrade to be honest. Tired of spending money on it..
Def is a good combo, it aint bad at all 118 full weight stock head ports, with a small cam. Working good if you ask me id upgrade though, thats a HUGE difference.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
If I ran the day after I would agree with you. However going from 40 degrees when I ran Sepno and I actually ran out 1st like I should have...to running in the heat of the day at Mooresville in March and short shifting 1st @ 5000rpms and only losing a little over 1mph in the 1/8. I'm very happy with that! Can't wait to see what cooler weather brings!

You have to pass someone to reel someone in.
The heat of march? LOL.

When you going back to mooresville? I will play catch up with that 60ft beast.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by topendrunner
The heat of march? LOL.

Old 05-03-2013, 09:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 450 Likes on 355 Posts

The heat of march? LOL.

March is terrible hot in Mooresville. It takes .3 and 5 mph out of your 60'.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

ha. must be a big diff ten miles away at my house cause it was very cold for march here.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by adamantium
Thats his best beat, or continue to just brag about his short track time. Id get bored of that though.

Def is a good combo, it aint bad at all 118 full weight stock head ports, with a small cam. Working good if you ask me id upgrade though, thats a HUGE difference.
Yea man, starting to pick up on his crap. I don't get why he can't just accept and appreciate his Mach for what it is and move on instead of pushing this "OMG I launch so hard you can't catch me" thing, lol.

Man, I gotta get some better tires and suspension before I do anymore. I'm leaving off idle and rolling into it now just to get it to hook decent. I think some slicks, skinnies, and a few more suspension mods (k-member, shocks, etc) would put it dangerously close to a 10.99. Awesome set-up as it sits though, damn thing idles and drives so close to stock its unreal.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:05 PM
10 Second Club

Yea man, starting to pick up on his crap. I don't get why he can't just accept and appreciate his Mach for what it is and move on instead of pushing this "OMG I launch so hard you can't catch me" thing, lol.

Man, I gotta get some better tires and suspension before I do anymore. I'm leaving off idle and rolling into it now just to get it to hook decent. I think some slicks, skinnies, and a few more suspension mods (k-member, shocks, etc) would put it dangerously close to a 10.99. Awesome set-up as it sits though, damn thing idles and drives so close to stock its unreal.
Sounds like a good combo. Do you have a fast on it too?
Old 05-03-2013, 10:06 PM
Banned

lol i agree, but i think its just because he's a troll. I mean why else would you post this and argue this on a chevy site? intentions are clearly to rustle jimmies.

Oh **** what tires are you on? My car is **** on street tires, i can't imagine a h/c car. that would be sweet.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ha. must be a big diff ten miles away at my house cause it was very cold for march here.
What you running mang? Will try to make it up there some this season once I get some things on the car.... like... tires..
Old 05-03-2013, 10:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
What you running mang? Will try to make it up there some this season once I get some things on the car.... like... tires..
He has a properly done up mustang.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:04 PM
Banned

Oh yea, nothing like the feeling of hooking like that. He definitely needs to throw a shot on it for the big end. A 150 would turn that car into a damn beast. I have no idea where the boy is coming from with all this "holding off a 130 mph car" crap, lol. Not happening.

I think its a good combination. A little of everything versus a lot of just one thing (like just a giant cam, or huge stall). I haven't messed with the stall anymore since locking it up at 78 mph. Picked up 3 mph of trap with the lock up for a 118.5 trap! Happy with the results, but trying not to beat on it too much since its still a stock 4l60 and single disk stall. I gotta to either unlock it or upgrade to be honest. Tired of spending money on it..
No you didn't Morbid said you can only pick up ET with a converter even with lock up
Old 05-04-2013, 12:07 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Why talk down to someone with less mods? I don't get it..should I start talking **** to everyone running 13s, 12s? That Mach is doing just fine for the mods.

Dick!

Oh and passive trolling is what keeps this place alive... Next question will be about gears I think.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

What is your best ET and trap, Stopsign?
7.76@87.8mph

Like said above, I thought it was going to spin and shifted too soon into 2nd. I believe I shifted somewhere around 5,500rpms which if you look at this graph below you can see where that would have put me in 2nd gear. That puts me around 3,000rpms give or take. So I lost quite a bit on that run. BUT the fact that it was mid March in the middle of the day I'm pretty happy. Because before that my best was a 7.99@89mph.

Old 05-04-2013, 06:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Dude you had SEVERAL cars on him from the gate, towards then it looked like maybe you had him by half a car. He literally crossed right after you. I say going from several cars behind to right next to you is reeling in.

Not to bring "what ifs" into this but if there was more road he would've past you.

Given he beat you on the street and you beat him at the track where you have the clear advantage. Especially vs a car with street tires.
What are you trying to prove? He had 340rwhp. I have 292rwhp. He trapped 110mph. I trapped 108mph. Obviously he is going to gain on me. He was gaining at a 2mph pace. Not exactly running someone down.

I still won.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

The heat of march? LOL.

It was over a 20 degree difference. Running my car at the 1/8 makes the locals here cry too much. I'm planning on going to Carolina next. Want me to PM you when I go?
Old 05-04-2013, 06:32 AM
10 Second Club

No one cares about your car. Just the bullshit you spew.Why would we???? It performs like **** w/o a full slick on it. That's why you only run it on a full slick.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Sounds like a good combo. Do you have a fast on it too?
Thanks Hio, same goes for your car. No fast, still running the LS6 intake. I'm sure it would pick up a little wit one, but damn they are pricey.

lol i agree, but i think its just because he's a troll. I mean why else would you post this and argue this on a chevy site? intentions are clearly to rustle jimmies.

Oh **** what tires are you on? My car is **** on street tires, i can't imagine a h/c car. that would be sweet.
Oh yea, its deliberate. I know its entertaining to stir up muddy water from time to time, but some of these guys are making a career out of it!

I'm on Nitto 555Rs now. I did have street tires at first with the H/C....not cool. Couldn't hook up under 45-50 MPH and even then it would slip and slide some. I mainly did H/C to catch up with the times, all these tune/exhaust only 5.0s running 115-117 in the 1/4 etc, had to do something, lol.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
No one cares about your car. Just the bullshit you spew.Why would we???? It performs like **** w/o a full slick on it. That's why you only run it on a full slick.
If no one cares why is a thread made by me about my car, what 95 pages long? Dumbass much Hiho? Feel free to close the door on your way out.

Oh and I will be running on a drag radial soon. A few things in the past couple days have kinda fallen into my lap.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:53 AM
On The Tree

idk where carolina is. motown or farm and im down
Old 05-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

idk where carolina is. motown or farm and im down
Carolina dragway. Hell if you can find a damn time Zmax is doing test and tune let me know! Those guys are amazing. Smh

Quick Reply: Mach at the track