Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

12' GT500 vs. Kawasaki ZX6

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 03:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Also my eclipse made mid 400s to the wheels, ran low 11s in the 1/4... and my 500 would rip it a new *******
Your gt500 is probably in the mid 120's range, not nearly enough for a well riden 750.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by adamantium
So then what you have a ported charger pulley and full bolt on? Or an upgraded charger? Lol a 400+ whp srt4 would walk a bolt on gt500. Local guy went 128 mph with low low 4xxwhp. You owning a bike for x amount of years did nothing, you still clearly know **** about them.

Lol. So now we are going to debate a SRT race. Sigh. I have a couple of Boltons.

My friend with low 5xxwhp went high 10s at 135, musta been a fwd turd. But again ET doesn't mean **** from a roll.
It wasn't a fwd turd. It was awd and put out consistent low 1.5 60fts on green dot retread street tires. My et issues stemmed from a 3rd gear grind issue. Ended up being the block on the clutch pedal that pushes the clutch master cylinder rod was "wallowed" out and would not fully disengage the clutch on quick shifts. Went through 2 trannies with broken shift forks because of it. The guy I sold my car to found that problem after he bought it. Fixed it and got rid of the grind and ran 10.70s as it was setup. He ended up running 9s with cage and bigger turbo.

But you seem to be the expert here so tell me how the race will go? We will see if the video matches your prediction.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:31 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Your gt500 is probably in the mid 120's range, not nearly enough for a well riden 750.
You are right. Not a 750 yet. I was talking about a 600. My near future mids will out me in liter bike territory. So it will be interesting.

Wow... edit.. I hate the touch keyboard on my phone.. mods..and put...sheesh
Old 05-01-2013, 04:32 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It wasn't a fwd turd. It was awd and put out consistent low 1.5 60fts on green dot retread street tires. My et issues stemmed from a 3rd gear grind issue. Ended up being the block on the clutch pedal that pushes the clutch master cylinder rod was "wallowed" out and would not fully disengage the clutch on quick shifts. Went through 2 trannies with broken shift forks because of it. The guy I sold my car to found that problem after he bought it. Fixed it and got rid of the grind and ran 10.70s as it was setup. He ended up running 9s with cage and bigger turbo.

But you seem to be the expert here so tell me how the race will go? We will see if the video matches your prediction.
So a high 10 then later 9 second setup went low 11s in your hands? GREAT. It speaks for itself. You never mentioned a trap, But ofcourse the butt dyno says "It pulls way harder" bro.

Im simply stating what i said earlier from what i know, i don't even care about the outcome, i dont even like bikes, i know this **** cause i got alot of friends that own em.

Your bolt on gt500 could do wheelies from a roll, doesn't change the fact that you're a delusional.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:36 PM
11 Second Club

So a high 10 then later 9 second setup went low 11s in your hands? GREAT. It speaks for itself. You never mentioned a trap, But ofcourse the butt dyno says "It pulls way harder" bro.

Im simply stating what i said earlier from what i know, i don't even care about the outcome, i dont even like bikes, i know this **** cause i got alot of friends that own em.

Your bolt on gt500 could do wheelies from a roll, doesn't change the fact that you're a delusional.
Tell your buddies with 600s to ride up here and run then..before my round of mods. I can see that you don't care by how you are posting and reading this thread. You say I am delusional and I won't win. Tell you what. If I lose I will PayPal you 50.00. If I win you oayoal me 50. Sound good?
Old 05-01-2013, 04:51 PM
Banned

Tell your buddies with 600s to ride up here and run then..before my round of mods. I can see that you don't care by how you are posting and reading this thread. You say I am delusional and I won't win. Tell you what. If I lose I will PayPal you 50.00. If I win you oayoal me 50. Sound good?
No ones going to waste there gas to drive up to run a bolt on gt500, we have plenty of those down here.

I could careless about the outcome, I honestly posted because my mind=blown from how delusional/hard headed you are, even after several bike owners have entered and chimed in.

How about this, you can take your $50 and fold them into an origami **** and shove it up your ***.

Cliffs of your thread for others reading.
  • OP beats mid 11xmph bike by 3 cars or so and posts kill here
  • Members chime in on how slow the bike is
  • OP refuses to believe
  • several bike owners come in and show evidence to how slow bike is
  • OP thinks he will beat a more powerful/newer bike because his buttdyno says so.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:56 PM
11 Second Club

No ones going to waste there gas to drive up to run a bolt on gt500, we have plenty of those down here.

I could careless about the outcome, I honestly posted because my mind=blown from how delusional/hard headed you are, even after several bike owners have entered and chimed in.

How about this, you can take your $50 and fold them into an origami **** and shove it up your ***.

Cliffs of your thread for others reading.
  • OP beats mid 11xmph bike by 3 cars or so and posts kill here
  • Members chime in on how slow the bike is
  • OP refuses to believe
  • several bike owners come in and show evidence to how slow bike is
  • OP thinks he will beat a more powerful/newer bike because his buttdyno says so.
I see. So you just choose to play punk in someone else's thread. I guess we will see how the outcome is huh?
Since you already are the expert here, I would say you have no further need to communicate in here correct?

Best of luck in your **** smoking endeavors.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:56 PM
Banned

I see. So you just choose to play punk in someone else's thread. I guess we will see how the outcome is huh?
Since you already are the expert here, I would say you have no further need to communicate in here correct?

Best of luck in your **** smoking endeavors.
umad.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:04 PM
11 Second Club

umad.
Yeah. Me mad. Needs hugz
Old 05-01-2013, 07:39 PM
10 Second Club

Member PSM vs Member Quick01SS.

Stock GSXR600 vs 530whp Fbody from a 40 roll. FBody trapped just under 129 in mid summer air.

The bike traps about 127 in the same air, but a car that traps the same as a bike will always lose on the roll (assuming stock wheelbase bike)

Old 05-01-2013, 10:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Beans
Member PSM vs Member Quick01SS.

Stock GSXR600 vs 530whp Fbody from a 40 roll. FBody trapped just under 129 in mid summer air.

The bike traps about 127 in the same air, but a car that traps the same as a bike will always lose on the roll (assuming stock wheelbase bike)

520whp Camaro SS vs GSXR600 vs Boss 302 - YouTube
Meh.. I see what you are saying. But what speed did they let off at? Just curious. It looked like the Camaro stopped the pull and would have started reeling him in. I believe PSM and his 600 represent the BEST CASE scenario for how a 600 will perform. Pro skilled rider, and perfectly setup bike.

Either way.. I mentioned earlier in the thread.. it does not matter to me if I win or lose.. its all in fun. If I post that I THINK I will win.. so be it.. if I don't, then we will see on video hoe bad I lost. No big deal either way.

In 3 weeks I will have approx. 40rwhp more, along with the twin disc mCleod clutch installed. And by mid June, I will be pushing the 750rwhp range. 600's won't be an issue then. I'll have to find bigger bikes to pick on.

Its all about the adrenaline for me. I love the idea of maybe being able to beat a bike in a race, because they are tough as hell TO beat. So, nothing wrong with that. Adamantity I think just wanted to troll me a little bit. No biggie either way.

Also, it sounded like that Camaro has some slight clutch slippage.. at least on one of the runs.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

I posted that video twice before in this thread. Both sides of the spectrum need to understand that everyone is the same in a car/bike. PSM does represent the best case scenario and is lethal on that bike. However, it is still a 100 percent stock 600cc bike and he has lost races to other 600s in the past.

On another note... i just recent pulled fairly well on an 05 636 with a full exhaust and filter. 220lb average rider. He made a good race from 40-130 with him starting in first gear... but i was ahead in the end.

Though i technically beat the top 600cc bike... i wont dare say i have 600s in the bag... because i know PSM on a slower 600 WILL beat me.

And thats where you have to realize, Poppacap, that just because you beat an average rider, does not mean you can beat ALL of them.

Look at it like this... if a jackass drove your car and did it no justice and lost to something slower, would the guy who beat your car be right in saying that a GT500 cant beat him?

Also... i think you have a much better shot at beating a well ridden 600cc bike with 550whp then you would a 1000cc bike with 750whp.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:46 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by evangto87
I posted that video twice before in this thread. Both sides of the spectrum need to understand that everyone is the same in a car/bike. PSM does represent the best case scenario and is lethal on that bike. However, it is still a 100 percent stock 600cc bike and he has lost races to other 600s in the past.

On another note... i just recent pulled fairly well on an 05 636 with a full exhaust and filter. 220lb average rider. He made a good race from 40-130 with him starting in first gear... but i was ahead in the end.

Though i technically beat the top 600cc bike... i wont dare say i have 600s in the bag... because i know PSM on a slower 600 WILL beat me.

And thats where you have to realize, Poppacap, that just because you beat an average rider, does not mean you can beat ALL of them.

Look at it like this... if a jackass drove your car and did it no justice and lost to something slower, would the guy who beat your car be right in saying that a GT500 cant beat him?

Also... i think you have a much better shot at beating a well ridden 600cc bike with 550whp then you would a 1000cc bike with 750whp.
I don't think I said I can beat ALL 600's.. I think at my current power level, it would be a good race with the newer ones.. especially if we went 130+.

And I agree with you on the literbikes... might be tough at 750 unless I can cut some weight. But I say 750 because that is as far as I plan to go with the stock bottom end. Plans call for a Ford Racing 5.4 Shortblock that can handle 1000hp.. so when that goes into play, the 750 will go up. Stock bottom end, I will limit to that though.

Either way, again.. I want to do it for fun. The friend with the 04 rides with someone who has an 06', and another friend of mine with a Hayabusa rides with a bunch of people. So once I get my gopro, I should have some good racing vids up... win OR lose.

Also, when I add my .1 smaller upper pulley, and 10% OD lower pulley, I will be knocking at 600rwhp.. should be easier with the 600's. Might even be a hair above, because I am considering an off-road xpipe too.. get rid of those cats.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by evangto87

Funny how when i state whats been said by several members its "trolling", but when others say it its all good. Maybe its the way i come off?

Anyways, i was going to comment on that but again i would've probably got called out for trolling. Ive seen 6xxwhp 2400lb civics have issues with 1000cc bikes from high rolls. inb4 i get called a troll or something.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:34 PM
11 Second Club

Funny how when i state whats been said by several members its "trolling", but when others say it its all good. Maybe its the way i come off?

Anyways, i was going to comment on that but again i would've probably got called out for trolling. Ive seen 6xxwhp 2400lb civics have issues with 1000cc bikes from high rolls. inb4 i get called a troll or something.
Im not going after liter bikes with 750rwhp. That's where I am limiting my rwhp with stock bottom end. 750rwhp will have the 600s and 750s covered though. Its bedtime.. more debate tomorrow.

And btw.... TROLL!
Old 05-01-2013, 11:36 PM
Banned

Im not going after liter bikes with 750rwhp. That's where I am limiting my rwhp with stock bottom end. 750rwhp will have the 600s and 750s covered though. Its bedtime.. more debate tomorrow.

And btw.... TROLL!
Actually i take that back i read what you said wrong i thought you said

"And by mid June, I will be pushing the 750rwhp range. 600's won't be an issue then. I'll have to find liter bikes to pick on."

Mah bad, and believe me i hope you win. I hate bikes.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 172 Likes on 119 Posts

Stock they make around the same power as the GSXR your going to race, if not less.
Curious as to why so many assume the GSXR's make the most power. An '04 with filter and slip-on will NOT touch a stock '07 CBR 600RR with equal riders. The 07 600RR's made the most power stock of any 600 and held that advantage for 3 years until the Kawi's dynoed slightly higher, but gave up some power in the midrange where the CBR shines.

Anyway, sorry to distract from the Car vs Bike posts, just always found it weird how people assume the GSXR makes the most power (1000's is a different story for sure - but I don't think any one manufacturer remains uncontested at the top for power and speed).
Old 05-02-2013, 10:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Kawi makes the most power...
Old 05-02-2013, 11:43 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NW-99SS
Curious as to why so many assume the GSXR's make the most power. An '04 with filter and slip-on will NOT touch a stock '07 CBR 600RR with equal riders. The 07 600RR's made the most power stock of any 600 and held that advantage for 3 years until the Kawi's dynoed slightly higher, but gave up some power in the midrange where the CBR shines.

Anyway, sorry to distract from the Car vs Bike posts, just always found it weird how people assume the GSXR makes the most power (1000's is a different story for sure - but I don't think any one manufacturer remains uncontested at the top for power and speed).
Most motorcycle reviews I read when I owned mine out the CBR middle of the pack performance wise. But honestly any bike from the same year is going to perform so close to each other that it will come down to the rider to determine the outcome.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:46 AM
11 Second Club

Actually i take that back i read what you said wrong i thought you said

"And by mid June, I will be pushing the 750rwhp range. 600's won't be an issue then. I'll have to find liter bikes to pick on."

Mah bad, and believe me i hope you win. I hate bikes.
I said pick on... not whoop up on. I will have to see how I do at that power level..plans are to cut some weight too. I would go pick on a UGR Lambo too.. doesn't mean I would win.

It will be interesting to see how 750rwhp will do against different bikes. Friend of mine with the Hayabusa and I are going to play around to zee how bad he beats me now and see the difference after all the mods.

Quick Reply: 12' GT500 vs. Kawasaki ZX6