Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

400 whp 5.0 Mustang vs few LS1 camaro's

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 06:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by automach1
I will tell ya exactly what they run they run slower then a stock pre 13 gt500 derp. When both are able to put all of the power to the ground. The gt500 comes out on top. Why doesn't your car run faster then 11s? After being hacked up too 29xxlbs, motor swaped, faceplated, gears, all the boltons and who knows what else with tons of seat time to top it off?
Why do you only run high 12s with 600 rwhp? With your scrawny *** in there it should run 10s easy
Old 09-11-2013, 06:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
Why do you only run high 12s with 600 rwhp? With your scrawny *** in there it should run 10s easy
Proof?
Old 09-11-2013, 06:10 PM
10 Second Club

Proof?
You look like an anorexic Miley Cyrus.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:10 PM
10 Second Club

Inb4 "so no proof"
Old 09-11-2013, 06:55 PM
Banned

You look like an anorexic Miley Cyrus.
Proof?
Old 09-11-2013, 07:23 PM
***Repost Police***

Wow... I'll just say this; Hio, it's been pretty well-documented what a ZL1 will run with sticky tires, and we know that a '10-'11 GT500 will run BOTTOM 11s with a tire as well. And trap 120mph+. Now the ZL1 is the better car of the two, but given traction a pre-'13 GT500 (not an '07-'09) will run faster. On stock tires it isn't really a comparison, and that is Ford's fault for not putting a wider tire/softer compound on the stock wheels.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 427 Likes on 337 Posts

I will tell ya exactly what they run they run slower then a stock pre 13 gt500 derp. When both are able to put all of the power to the ground. The gt500 comes out on top. Why doesn't your car run faster then 11s? After being hacked up too 29xxlbs, motor swaped, faceplated, gears, all the boltons and who knows what else with tons of seat time to top it off?
LOL....excuse much?

We all know why my car don't go into the tens....the 10bolt. Just think if I had a rear in it......**** me....wouldn't you ford guys cry then, It will happen......and it will happen on the 10 bolt just so I can twist that knife.

Why doesn't your car go faster than 12's?

Oh and you can tell by the pics of my fox that I hack nothing.
Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Wow... I'll just say this; Hio, it's been pretty well-documented what a ZL1 will run with sticky tires, and we know that a '10-'11 GT500 will run BOTTOM 11s with a tire as well. And trap 120mph+. Now the ZL1 is the better car of the two, but given traction a pre-'13 GT500 (not an '07-'09) will run faster. On stock tires it isn't really a comparison, and that is Ford's fault for not putting a wider tire/softer compound on the stock wheels.
Yea....well how come autostupid can't get his modded one out of the 12's? The fastest Gt500 I've seen went high 11's. And it wasn't stock.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 09-11-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
LOL....excuse much?

We all know why my car don't go into the tens....the 10bolt. Just think if I had a rear in it......**** me....wouldn't you ford guys cry then, It will happen......and it will happen on the 10 bolt just so I can twist that knife.

Yea....well how come autostupid can't get his modded one out of the 12's? The fastest Gt500 I've seen went high 11's. And it wasn't stock.
That's cause those things are slugs, they weigh 4k lbs.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:03 PM
***Repost Police***

LOL....excuse much?

I don't know why his doesn't run. And what you see doesn't speak for the entire country. In the same conditions that a ZL1 will run ~11.7 on a tire, a GT500 will run faster.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:23 PM
Banned

LOL....excuse much?

I didn't give any excuses derp I simple asked you the same question.

Nobody is going to cry over a car that should be running in the 10s when it actually does it.

Hasn't been back to the track.

Ok and we know the fox was not originally yours. It also does not weight 25xxlbs.

Bolton ls6 cars can only go 11s because that's what you have done

Originally Posted by Whiplash88
That's cause those things are slugs, they weigh 4k lbs.
Yup imagine if was 2900lbs
Old 09-11-2013, 09:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Big deal I quoted him. Your brother quoted you.

Also as far as the fox goes I redid the fuel lines and brake lines also.....and they go front to rear in one piece.
Dude I wasn't taking a stab at you at all, I was saying the only way I see what he says (without clicking view post) is when he's quoted. I don't care who you quote lol.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:51 PM
TECH Addict

I just finished a 16 hour day at work. some imma just call you a homo for now and move on.
Having been a trucker myself(when I was still super intelligent), I'm gonna say, it's not THAT much work, so go for it...

N/a has alot to do with ****. You can blow air threw anything to make power.....even a pos honda. Some on here please build a n/a ford mod motor that runs respectively. All you guys want to yak about that **** and NONE of you have done it.
Roush ran mid 8's on the 1/4 with an N/A Mustang... Seems respectable from here.

If you can't figure out how you need a new hobby.
Nice... Take a line from whomever...

Originally Posted by Whiplash88
The topic is "400whp 5.0 vs ls1 camaros" moron, not shitty f150 problems, blown plugs, or your enchanting tales of GM going bankrupt.
Talk to your idiot friends, like HIO on that... He's the one who constantly throws it out there, pinhead. PAY ATTENTION!

It's a fact ford has more problems and recalls then GM. Just sac up and move on.
It's an opinion, nothing more, till it can be proven and it cannot be proven. See why below:

IDK.....does it matter ford has recalled millions more than gm?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/automotive/f...alls-in-h-1lio
Are you both using info from 2010 and earlier and from unvetted sources?

The reality is, items not deemed an actual safety hazard may never be recalled. With that knowledge you two geniuses live without, there is NO direct correlation(that means ties) between recalls and the number of actual problems. In truth, since GM produces the most vehicles, they have had more problems. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to add that up.

The list doesn't seem to be up to date by any means, as I didn't see any mention of the heated wiper issues(which can cause fires) from 2010, or the recall about vehicles which could roll away while parked or the one about the power window module(and door master switch) which could catch fire.. Those last 2 were from this yr.

Didn't see any mention of the faulty guage system in too many trucks or the melted wiring harness for the blower motor in countless more. Point is, there are millions of problems not recalled. The CRUZE has already had 8 recalls, but most of us would never know.

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
For the first part: pretty sure the last reading I did had testing done and found poorly manufactured gears/synchros were the leading cause. I am also pretty sure I read that some minor changes were made to the transmission.
According to Ford Motor Company and the NHTSA, you've read wrong. Both have stated the investigation is over and Ford made ZERO changes to the transmission. They changed fluids, replaced clutch bolts and/or torque specs and moved on without issue. Investigation closed, problem ended. I just looked it up yesterday. Feel free to do the same. This ended in November of 2011.

Sure it could be coincidence that I just happen to know 3 people who got junk ones...and obviously a lot are fine but I find it humorous that the Ford boys are quick to jump on the "you must have done something wrong" bandwagon despite how many kick the bucket.
It's much more likely you know 3 people who didn't know how to drive with that 6spd than had faulty transmissions.

A lot of 4l60e are "fine" too, doesn't make them a good transmission for performance cars in stock form nor does it mean every one that breaks was an owner's fault.
EXACTLY... So why is it you blame Ford for the EXACT SAME situation???

For the second part, I would like you to find one ******* instance where I told someone who was having a problem with a GM that they "weren't" like you claim. I will be the first to admit just how ******* shitty a long list of GM stuff is, most notably when LT1 fanboys try to downplay what junk optisparks are along with everything from the T56 tailhousing and back on an Fbody.
I'm not sure, but I don't think I was addressing you there. Thinking it was the big hammer... head.

I also won't defend Hio for a single second and agree with you there.
I could overlook the fanboy behavior but according to him every cammed ls1 on tech that weighs over 3000lbs "runs bolt on times". So I def see how he rubs people wrong.
We're not alone, obviously. I wish he'd make an attempt to grow up, but that's just me.

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
Ford still puts the shitty 4.6 and 5.4 2V in the E-series vans.

You REALLY, REALLY need to shut your mouth when it comes to Ford. You're obviously clueless.
I forgot they even OFFERED the van anymore... I'm sure that oversight means I don't know anything about Ford. When's the last time you saw a new van on dealer lots? I just bought a new vehicle and didn't see A SINGLE new Ford van on any of 5 Ford lots I visited. One has the 2nd highest volume in sales in the southeast US, which means they've got some vehicles in stock(none are new full size vans). That said, we were talking about several things, but specifically about Mustangs and pickup trucks... Not vans. Once the 2015's hit, that van is likely history, with those old engines Ford only uses in them.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:28 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Having been a trucker myself(when I was still super intelligent), I'm gonna say, it's not THAT much work, so go for it...

Roush ran mid 8's on the 1/4 with an N/A Mustang... Seems respectable from here.

Nice... Take a line from whomever...

Talk to your idiot friends, like HIO on that... He's the one who constantly throws it out there, pinhead. PAY ATTENTION!

It's an opinion, nothing more, till it can be proven and it cannot be proven. See why below:

Are you both using info from 2010 and earlier and from unvetted sources?

The reality is, items not deemed an actual safety hazard may never be recalled. With that knowledge you two geniuses live without, there is NO direct correlation(that means ties) between recalls and the number of actual problems. In truth, since GM produces the most vehicles, they have had more problems. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to add that up.

The list doesn't seem to be up to date by any means, as I didn't see any mention of the heated wiper issues(which can cause fires) from 2010, or the recall about vehicles which could roll away while parked or the one about the power window module(and door master switch) which could catch fire.. Those last 2 were from this yr.

Didn't see any mention of the faulty guage system in too many trucks or the melted wiring harness for the blower motor in countless more. Point is, there are millions of problems not recalled. The CRUZE has already had 8 recalls, but most of us would never know.

According to Ford Motor Company and the NHTSA, you've read wrong. Both have stated the investigation is over and Ford made ZERO changes to the transmission. They changed fluids, replaced clutch bolts and/or torque specs and moved on without issue. Investigation closed, problem ended. I just looked it up yesterday. Feel free to do the same. This ended in November of 2011.

It's much more likely you know 3 people who didn't know how to drive with that 6spd than had faulty transmissions.

EXACTLY... So why is it you blame Ford for the EXACT SAME situation???

I'm not sure, but I don't think I was addressing you there. Thinking it was the big hammer... head.

We're not alone, obviously. I wish he'd make an attempt to grow up, but that's just me.

I forgot they even OFFERED the van anymore... I'm sure that oversight means I don't know anything about Ford. When's the last time you saw a new van on dealer lots? I just bought a new vehicle and didn't see A SINGLE new Ford van on any of 5 Ford lots I visited. One has the 2nd highest volume in sales in the southeast US, which means they've got some vehicles in stock(none are new full size vans). That said, we were talking about several things, but specifically about Mustangs and pickup trucks... Not vans. Once the 2015's hit, that van is likely history, with those old engines Ford only uses in them.
i'm not a trucker.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:03 AM
On The Tree

So if I buy a 4th Gen, does that automatically make me not a Ford nut swinger?
Old 09-12-2013, 04:22 AM
Teching In

wtf are you guys rambling about?
Old 09-12-2013, 05:50 AM
Teching In

Oh hey look what I stumbled across..

"Ford recalls 465,000 vehicles of different models worldwide for leaky fuel tanks"

Hmm, what's the date on that? June 3rd 2013 you don't say. Yea cause that's definitely not a "safety hazard", putting in shitty plastic fuel tanks. Didnt they pull this crap back in the 90s?

http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/2013...uel-tanks.html
Old 09-12-2013, 06:23 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Heater
Why would you go and do a stupid thing like that?
Old 09-12-2013, 07:29 AM
10 Second Club

Received 427 Likes on 337 Posts

Bolton ls6 cars can only go 11s because that's what you have done

Yup imagine if was 2900lbs
Stop crying you *****.. Fact is you couldn't get that pile out of the 12's or you would've. But some how you continue to tell us how they run low 11's on just tires.

Originally Posted by Heater
I'm really not a nut swinger......I'll give you another clue to why I'm not. I don't go on ford sites trying to prove my worth. You're better off staying out of a 4th gen.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:55 AM
Staging Lane

Bottom line of all of your arguing is that, People will by what brand they want and do what they want. That's life. Yes ford in MY opinion sucks, but I have also had some well built Fords put lengths on my car and my friends cars.

Everything comes down to the person who owns the car, you can dump how ever much money in your car you want and it will do what you want or it wont. Parts and weight are the main focus point as everyone who has ever drag raced or any kind of racing knows. Personally I love the LS style F bodies, there sleek and look aggressive but than again the new 5.0s with a good tune and build can be right with a good tune and built LS.

My car isn't a LS platform yet, but I have bolt on and weight reduce and so does my friend in his fox body. 9 times out of ten I out run him, he does put up a fight though.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:15 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
Why would you go and do a stupid thing like that?

I was using Hio's logic, but by your response I don't think it's logical.

I've said in the past and I'll say it again, the SRK has some of the best street racing videos on the net. Even though I'm a Ford nut swinger, I do like the LS series of engines...just not in a Ford.

Quick Reply: 400 whp 5.0 Mustang vs few LS1 camaro's