Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2007 GT500 640 hp vs 2013 ZL1 670hp

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 11:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MasterTomos
Lol, so NOW these things matter? lol. I don't care about Nurburgring times, especially when you're comparing different drivers on different days and the difference is 2 seconds on a 7:3x lap time.

Also, I believe GM's 7:41 time was in a car with something like 300 lbs of recording/safety equipment with a non-professional driver behind the wheel.
No they don't matter to me.. but the ZL1 crowd falls back on that Ring thing.. so I just posted that up.

And..... the excuses fly.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:32 AM
10 Second Club

Received 423 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
There are plenty of people that run DRs 24/7/365, and you talk the same trash to them. And there is no such thing as "skews the results." Shorter tighter tracks favor the ZL1, smooth tracks with long straights favor the GT500. And you can't discount the tracks with long straights or uphill sections just because it plays to the GT500's strengths.
DR's yes........but some want to think a bias tire is as streetable as some dr's.....like you apparently

Technical tracks favor the Zl....length don't really matter. I didn't discount any of them. I added them up.
Originally Posted by Lawhead
Face plated t56 DD

LOL you did that because of its street manners correct ?
so unstreetable.........how do I ever make it anywhere. The fucked up part is....as ungoddley terrible as it is. It's still leaps and bounds better than driving on a bias tire.

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Look at above link.. looks like leaps and bounds to me too.....

Interesting info in this link about the video... and GM possible fudging their numbers:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...rburgring.html
Handling of the ZL is leaps and bounds.....as is the acceleration of the Gt500
How do you know how well I can drive my car? Speculate much?
You've already stated you don't beat on your car. Drag racing is a walk in the park compared to RR on the car. So w/o any kind of seat time.....I'm positive you won't get the most out of it. You HAVE to beat on it to do that.
Originally Posted by MasterTomos
Lol, so NOW these things matter? lol. I don't care about Nurburgring times, especially when you're comparing different drivers on different days and the difference is 2 seconds on a 7:3x lap time.

Also, I believe GM's 7:41 time was in a car with something like 300 lbs of recording/safety equipment with a non-professional driver behind the wheel.
This X more than the deficit....lol
Old 10-30-2013, 07:45 AM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

is that you hio?
Old 10-30-2013, 08:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
DR's yes........but some want to think a bias tire is as streetable as some dr's.....like you apparently Technical tracks favor the Zl....length don't really matter. I didn't discount any of them. I added them up. so unstreetable.........how do I ever make it anywhere. The fucked up part is....as ungoddley terrible as it is. It's still leaps and bounds better than driving on a bias tire. Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u6z5shwAo4&feature=share&list=UU9XJL0e10P U8jzxiaUF1Log Handling of the ZL is leaps and bounds.....as is the acceleration of the Gt500 You've already stated you don't beat on your car. Drag racing is a walk in the park compared to RR on the car. So w/o any kind of seat time.....I'm positive you won't get the most out of it. You HAVE to beat on it to do that. This X more than the deficit....lol
Bogarts that are specifically not for street use and Drag radials = street trim

Face plated T56 = something you do to a DD

Gotcha
Old 10-30-2013, 08:26 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You've already stated you don't beat on your car. Drag racing is a walk in the park compared to RR on the car. So w/o any kind of seat time.....I'm positive you won't get the most out of it. You HAVE to beat on it to do that.

This X more than the deficit....lol
There is a difference between taking a car around some twisties, and launching the hell out of it at a track. Me not wanting to beat on my car has to do with the shock of launching it from a dead stop. No, I am not "setup" for roadcoursing with my tire setup.. but you would be surprised how well this 555r 20" with short sidewall handles. I think next spring when I hit VIR, I will have a set of Toyo R888's all the way around. My friend with the 1LE wants to go up there.

If you are nearby, on a particular track day, you ought to come out there too. Should be fun.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:58 AM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DR's yes........but some want to think a bias tire is as streetable as some dr's.....like you apparently
How did you draw that conclusion? And I live somewhere that doesn't really have a winter, and we don't have a lot of rain either. So if I had a 10/11s car that I wanted to drive around on bias-ply tires (I obviously would have more than one car in this instance) because I race or go to the track a lot, I would do so.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:12 AM
10 Second Club

How did you draw that conclusion? And I live somewhere that doesn't really have a winter, and we don't have a lot of rain either. So if I had a 10/11s car that I wanted to drive around on bias-ply tires (I obviously would have more than one car in this instance) because I race or go to the track a lot, I would do so.
I got the 05 1500 HD

and a 92 accord for gas mileage

Sorry my cobra isn't a DD but is still more of a street car than Hios .....
Old 10-30-2013, 05:52 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by big hammer
is that you hio?
Yes sir
Bogarts that are specifically not for street use and Drag radials = street trim

Face plated T56 = something you do to a DD

Gotcha
Do you think your bias tires are made for street use?
There is a difference between taking a car around some twisties, and launching the hell out of it at a track. Me not wanting to beat on my car has to do with the shock of launching it from a dead stop. No, I am not "setup" for roadcoursing with my tire setup.. but you would be surprised how well this 555r 20" with short sidewall handles. I think next spring when I hit VIR, I will have a set of Toyo R888's all the way around. My friend with the 1LE wants to go up there.

If you are nearby, on a particular track day, you ought to come out there too. Should be fun.
I have no problem saying I could use improvement on a roadcourse and you shouldn't either. Unless you do it alot........your gonna suck......and I include myself in that. And more than likely I have more experience than you. I have had my car at Summit Point on occasion but even that has been years ago. I have also raced and won a few karting events. Also made some laps in out M3 race cars. The times I have had my car on the track I deemed it to fast for no safety equipment. I hit 160 down the front stretch @ SP. That goes into a hair pin. I don't wanna be it at 160 when it wrecks....lol. I just fixed a 2002 5.0 swapped Stang that wrecked out there with a semi-experienced driver.

VIR is about 4hrs from me. But like I said......if you think drag racing is hard on a car you don't even want to think about goin roadcoursing.
Dude....bias tires drive like ****. They don't even have to be in the rain to suck.
I got the 05 1500 HD

and a 92 accord for gas mileage

Sorry my cobra isn't a DD but is still more of a street car than Hios .....
keep dreaming.......how you like that vid??? Funny after whining about how unstreetable the fp'd t56 is you don't or the other furd nut huggers have nothing to say about me riding with my t-56....ac on ....wipers on.....and listening to tunes in my according to your stupid *** a gutted car. Not the only time I've posted it either

Makes alot sense to drive around a pos accord when you have a nice car to enjoy.

I have a 2500hd, camaro, mustang and a motorcycle. The Camaro gets the blunt of the mileage.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:08 PM
10 Second Club

Yes sir Do you think your bias tires are made for street use? I have no problem saying I could use improvement on a roadcourse and you shouldn't either. Unless you do it alot........your gonna suck......and I include myself in that. And more than likely I have more experience than you. I have had my car at Summit Point on occasion but even that has been years ago. I have also raced and won a few karting events. Also made some laps in out M3 race cars. The times I have had my car on the track I deemed it to fast for no safety equipment. I hit 160 down the front stretch @ SP. That goes into a hair pin. I don't wanna be it at 160 when it wrecks....lol. I just fixed a 2002 5.0 swapped Stang that wrecked out there with a semi-experienced driver. VIR is about 4hrs from me. But like I said......if you think drag racing is hard on a car you don't even want to think about goin roadcoursing. Dude....bias tires drive like ****. They don't even have to be in the rain to suck. keep dreaming.......how you like that vid??? Funny after whining about how unstreetable the fp'd t56 is you don't or the other furd nut huggers have nothing to say about me riding with my t-56....ac on ....wipers on.....and listening to tunes in my according to your stupid *** a gutted car. Not the only time I've posted it either Makes alot sense to drive around a pos accord when you have a nice car to enjoy. I have a 2500hd, camaro, mustang and a motorcycle. The Camaro gets the blunt of the mileage.
You're such a mental midget I'm just about done even replying to your post LOL

Makes a lot of sense to save money on gas

WHAT THE HELL AM I THINKING
Old 10-30-2013, 06:29 PM
10 Second Club

Yes sir

you're an old man!
Old 10-30-2013, 10:23 PM
10 Second Club

You're such a mental midget I'm just about done even replying to your post LOL

Makes a lot of sense to save money on gas

WHAT THE HELL AM I THINKING
My camaro is efficient enough I don't need a fuel efficient car...........still nothing on how horribly unstreetable my gearbox is.......interesting.
Originally Posted by big hammer
you're an old man!
I'm 41 ***
Old 10-30-2013, 10:25 PM
10 Second Club

My camaro is efficient enough I don't need a fuel efficient car...........still nothing on how horribly unstreetable my gearbox is.......interesting.

I'm 41 ***

well you don't have 10 years on me anyway.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

I'm 41 ***
Man you are old....
Old 10-30-2013, 10:27 PM
10 Second Club

I figured, like 30. maybe.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hio, liked the vid, but you think you could have placed the camera a little further away from the radio?
Old 10-30-2013, 11:00 PM
10 Second Club

LOL.....yea....we have the worst radio stations in the country in this area.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:26 PM
Teching In

I skipped a few pages so forgive me if my analysis isn't totally accurate, but how the hell does a dig race between a gt500/zl1 get turned into a 7 page **** fest about cornering?

With that said, assuming the zl1 is an automatic this race is perfectly believable, and I'm a ford guy! the zl1's why I think they're very lackluster for power/track times bone stock are pretty damn impressive when modded. And as long as you dont have the **** bmr rear suspension on them to clear 15" brakes they drive pretty damn nice down the track too!
Old 11-02-2013, 03:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Both cars are 6 speeds.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:27 AM
10 Second Club

hio > lawhead
Old 11-02-2013, 10:10 AM
Teching In

I'm thinking a "ain't **** without the faceplated t56" sig is in order.

Quick Reply: 2007 GT500 640 hp vs 2013 ZL1 670hp