Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LT1 Z28 vs. S197 GT 3v

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 11:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wifes old 07 gt went 13.001 at 106.89 in warm weather with an a-5 331 gears and cai. I never once lost to a stock! i said stock 2010 Camaro Manuel or auto. and damn well never lost to a bolt on lt1, not heads and cam or cammed lt1, I would definitely loose to either. Bolt on Lt1 could kiss my *****! My tuned 3.7 is even faster..
Old 03-18-2014, 11:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kennyxg
My wifes old 07 gt went 13.001 at 106.89 in warm weather with an a-5 331 gears and cai. I never once lost to a stock! i said stock 2010 Camaro Manuel or auto. and damn well never lost to a bolt on lt1, not heads and cam or cammed lt1, I would definitely loose to either. Bolt on Lt1 could kiss my *****! My tuned 3.7 is even faster..
You ran into a lot of very bad drivers then.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:21 AM
Launching!

So Titan you are saying a bolt on Lt1 runs 13.0 or a heavy *** 4th gen stock? 90 percent do not! I owned a 93 a4 and m-6 Lt1.. 13.5 for the a-5 with after market t/b and 13.7 with the m-6. That pos 4.6 3 valve was slow but not as slow as a stock lt1 or stock 4th gen. that's all I'm saying.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:27 AM
Banned

So Titan you are saying a bolt on Lt1 runs 13.0 or a heavy *** 4th gen stock? 90 percent do not! I owned a 93 a4 and m-6 Lt1.. 13.5 for the a-5 with after market t/b and 13.7 with the m-6. That pos 4.6 3 valve was slow but not as slow as a stock lt1 or stock 4th gen. that's all I'm saying.
So, you raced all of those cars at the track on the exact same day? That must have been tough to do. I solute you, Ken-dawg!

And I thought you were talking about bolt-on LT1's? Now it's stock? Also, I think you are a bit confused, Kenny. A stock LT1 is a stock 4th gen, derp.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:45 AM
Launching!

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by OVA1
You'll LOVE the 4.10s... Hands down. ONLY draw back is it soaks up the MPGs... but you don't SEEM like the kinda guy who would care.

Let's test it:

#1 DO you own a pair of Berkinstocks

#2 Can you cite three distinct hues of Brown?

#3 Can you cite the name brand of a pair of leather shoes?
I went from 3.23's in my first LT1 Z28 (A4) to 4.10/4.11's and really liked it. It was my DD at the time.

I've got the IS300 to DD, so I don't care about MPG in the current Z28. If I did, I'd go back to racing one of my turbo Tercel's.

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Do you really not know that?
No real man probably should.

Originally Posted by Cajun ELESS-ONE
4.10s do reduce ur mpgs. i got 4.11s and get about 16 mpg combined city/highway. drive it hard and u can watch the needle go down lol. but the acceleration is awesome
I know. Trust me.

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
What rearend do you have?
7.5 ten bolt w/ mini-spool & stock axles.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:11 AM
10 Second Club

Received 445 Likes on 351 Posts

You ran into **** drivers. My buddy's stock 12 Camaro ss went 12.9 @110 stock. That is not even a uncommon number for them. Maybe you like to race like automach.....take the hit and let out early.....lol

Those 3.7's are good running engines.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:05 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
You ran into **** drivers. My buddy's stock 12 Camaro ss went 12.9 @110 stock. That is not even a uncommon number for them. Maybe you like to race like automach.....take the hit and let out early.....lol

Those 3.7's are good running engines.
How come you didn't reference the LT1 topic this time?
Old 03-19-2014, 09:56 AM
10 Second Club

As far as I'm concerned we have done been over that. 3v = Lt1. Once mods start lt>3v.

Why don't you worry about doin something with your own car?
Old 03-19-2014, 10:07 AM
Teching In

As far as I'm concerned we have done been over that. 3v = Lt1. Once mods start lt>3v.

Why don't you worry about doin something with your own car?
Well, if all any of us talked about were our own cars, none of these conversations would take place...so that was a pointless statement on your part. You also happen to be incorrect about them being equal, but think what you like sweetie.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 03-19-2014, 11:48 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Gt4urass
Well, if all any of us talked about were our own cars, none of these conversations would take place...so that was a pointless statement on your part. You also happen to be incorrect about them being equal, but think what you like sweetie.
When I talk about my car it really brings the butt hurt. It gets called out by 700rwhp gt500's, built 351's get compared to it, crying ensues about the fp'd t56, they all but buckle at the knees on the thought that a ls6 is just dropped right in place of the ls1 with no changes.

Funny part is nothing gets said about my engine/transmission/wiring/pcm/ported blower swapped Mustang with tubular kmember / a-arms with a built rear in it that Notch and I built......Things that make you go hhhhmmmm
Old 03-19-2014, 11:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Lt1 >>> 3v
Old 03-19-2014, 12:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Funny part is nothing gets said about my engine/transmission/wiring/pcm/ported blower swapped Mustang with tubular kmember / a-arms with a built rear in it that Notch and I built......Things that make you go hhhhmmmm
Because it's common knowledge that you'd never apply the attention to detail to the Mustang that you do to your Cuhmaro.

You have holes & **** drilled in your Mustang? Aluminum sheets on your Mustang? One hood hinge on the Mustang?

Homemade clutch? All the **** you've done to your Camaro, does the Mustang have that, too? Not engine mods, just the body tampering/lightening/aero stuff. Why not faceplate the Mustang tranny if it's so great?

You don't have to answer, I'm almost positive I know the answer, and it proves that your biased viewpoints also cause you to not really give a **** about a "Fair Comparison" when that's all you hypocritically preach on here.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:11 PM
Teching In

When I talk about my car it really brings the butt hurt. It gets called out by 700rwhp gt500's, built 351's get compared to it, crying ensues about the fp'd t56, they all but buckle at the knees on the thought that a ls6 is just dropped right in place of the ls1 with no changes.

Just out of curiosity, why do you own and put work into that Mustang of yours? There are a few members on here that are more biased towards GM and the LSx motors and I consider you one of them (not disrespectfully). So again why do you own a Mustang?

Last edited by MACHXLR8; 03-19-2014 at 02:49 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
Just out of curiosity, why do own and put work into that Mustang of your? There are a few members on here that are more biased towards GM and the LSx motors and I consider you one of them (not disrespectfully). So again why do you own a Mustang?
You're serious? He bought it from notch when notch didn't know what the **** he was doing and blew it up. It was the perfect chance for Hio to jam his GM wiener in notch and show him the "light"

Now notch swears off Ford "guys" and motors as if they're the devil.

Hio did some David Koresh ****.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Raoul-Duke
Lt1 <<<<< 3v
↑↑↑↑↑↑Fixed↑↑↑↑↑↑
If you ever come to mardi gras in your camaro, your *** is mine (no homo).
Old 03-19-2014, 01:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ->BJ<-
↑↑↑↑↑↑Fixed↑↑↑↑↑↑
If you ever come to mardi gras in your camaro, your *** is mine (no homo).
I will gladly give you my ***! lol wait

What's all done to your 3 valve anyway? I've been meaning to come down to mardi gras one year but I prob won't be taking my fbod.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by snake95
You're serious? He bought it from notch when notch didn't know what the **** he was doing and blew it up. It was the perfect chance for Hio to jam his GM wiener in notch and show him the "light"

Now notch swears off Ford "guys" and motors as if they're the devil.

Hio did some David Koresh ****.
Did not know that. So notch was one of those "Furd" guys at one time? If I had to pick which guys from LS1Tech would never own a Furd, it would be Hio and Notch hand down. I am actually surprised notch kept that name for LS1tech.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:58 PM
Teching In

Your vehicle certainly does not bring the butthurt in my case. All I've ever given you in regard to your car is props. Snake also brings up a good point, you're INCREDIBLY biased toward GM, which is why so many of us feel the need to correct so many things when it comes to you. I get that you know your way around a vehicle, but you can't possibly think that all the nonsense that you spew is accurate. Not even close. I like cars in general, and as a result, I make an honest attempt to have as unbiased and realistic perspective as possible. I wish you made half that effort.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gt4urass
Your vehicle certainly does not bring the butthurt in my case. All I've ever given you in regard to your car is props. Snake also brings up a good point, you're INCREDIBLY biased toward GM, which is why so many of us feel the need to correct so many things when it comes to you. I get that you know your way around a vehicle, but you can't possibly think that all the nonsense that you spew is accurate. Not even close. I like cars in general, and as a result, I make an honest attempt to have as unbiased and realistic perspective as possible. I wish you made half that effort.
You are biased towards Ford. Don't act so surprised, big shock lol

Quick Reply: LT1 Z28 vs. S197 GT 3v