Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Bolt on 5.0, beats 4th gen 427 stroker camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 11:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

You guys and your gas motors. For 500 bucks i can make 600hp 1200tq in a 6.4 powerstroke.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by It'llrun
You linked us to a $24,000.00 engine and turned right around to say it's not really expensive? Uhhh... yeah... it is.

Of course it's easy... Someone else did it.

In your mind... Since you never built their **** though, you just don't know.

Mike and I just took 2 difference directions to reach the same goal and each of us came up with a rather long list of standouts... just sayin'.... I know you don't WANT to know it, but it's true anyway, no matter how much you wanna hate it.

That was OFF THE SHELF FORD in 1995! Earlier, actually. So how is a cam only(meaning what we all know, everything but the reciprocating assembly and heads(which have been ported) has been replaced) so much better by contrast?

I did it in the early 90's even, when the parts REALLY WERE expensive!
Jesus christ you're stupid. Go back and look at the order and what I was talking about and then try to comprehend for once in your life. We had done went back to the 347 by that time.

The lsxr is not the engine I was talking about at that moment.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Camaro actually ran good 1st race camaro roasted third gear second race stop 5.0 pull camaro had three people in his car 5.0 had his gf
Old 02-24-2014, 11:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Camaro going to run him again with no passenger
Old 02-24-2014, 11:22 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Yea I said it. That's true until the new 5.0's. Other than a few engines from the 60's/early 70's which I don't consider applicable to this forum.
There is really no purpose in goin there other than that's your last straw......then you're grasping and twisting to try to stay in it. we all know we're talking about post 90~ **** for the most part.
So... you said that. Then Mike contradicted it. Then you agreed with him. Then you said you never said it. Then after two pages of arguing, you admit you said it. That's a helluva twist there, little Dougy-poo.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Ok.....so now we're back to your modified ford pp parts not running with a stock ls1 again.
We made over 450whp with GMPP ls6 heads and a stock ls6 intake.
Now I can't even have a airlid. Why don't you just throw a restrictor on me Mike. That's what it's gonna take on your end.

Yea I said it. That's true until the new 5.0's. Other than a few engines from the 60's/early 70's which I don't consider applicable to this forum.
There is really no purpose in goin there other than that's your last straw......then you're grasping and twisting to try to stay in it. we all know we're talking about post 90~ **** for the most part.
I said using out of the box factory stuff. Where did any of my examples have porting,changing stuff etc? If porting was allowed I would have ran a ported Cobra intake and fixed a big problem in regards to the intake.

Airlid is not a GM part no? You could argue you could use a blackwing so I will let you have that. GMPP heads are reboxed LPE ported LS6 heads with a valve job. Even if I let you slide on that I simply add z heads,z cam and I match you. I have not even mentioned the other super sbf heads Ford offered back then either.

Bottom line Ford can compete with GM for years n/a. In regards to a cammed LS3 which again the cam is not a GM part and you are talking about a present day motor I match that with a Cobra jet Bossed motor. All factory parts.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by evangto87
Because he was pointing out that it costs 1400$ to cam a 5.0. To me, thats worth it all day long.

$1400 to pick up another 50whp NA on a motor that already makes H/C ls1 power with bolt ons.

Thats my point.

Also camaro has a 12 bolt moser with 411 and a huge steel drive shaft with subs in the car. The second race look like he was going to pass the 5.0 but it wasn't posted. Camaro makes low power numbers on the dyno but has a lot of things robbing power. We will see how he does with no passengers pretty soon also camaro has 200 shot that he not spraying because it wouldn't be a race
Old 02-24-2014, 11:30 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
So... you said that. Then Mike contradicted it. Then you agreed with him. Then you said you never said it. Then after two pages of arguing, you admit you said it. That's a helluva twist there, little Dougy-poo.
You're a ******* idiot. You ask me if I said something....I said I did. Now you come up with some stupid **** like this. I didn't agree with mike on anything n/a crap. We agreed on the mustangs sold more. You are truly a retarded individual.
Originally Posted by Mike Morris
I said using out of the box factory stuff. Where did any of my examples have porting,changing stuff etc? If porting was allowed I would have ran a ported Cobra intake and fixed a big problem in regards to the intake.

Airlid is not a GM part no? You could argue you could use a blackwing so I will let you have that. GMPP heads are reboxed LPE ported LS6 heads with a valve job. Even if I let you slide on that I simply add z heads,z cam and I match you. I have not even mentioned the other super sbf heads Ford offered back then either.

Bottom line Ford can compete with GM for years n/a. In regards to a cammed LS3 which again the cam is not a GM part and you are talking about a present day motor I match that with a Cobra jet Bossed motor. All factory parts.
What cobra jet bossed motor?? First I heard you mention that.

Ok use your stock intake to the filter **** if that's what you want. You're ******* everywhere with your details tonight and any way you twist it to try to handicap me you're gonna lose. You want to race in a truck .....you want to swap motors to a non production motor........I'll break it down for you. If you could've kept up you would've never put a supercharger on your mustang.

Sure gm makes cams for the ls3. 3 stages worth. You can get near 600whp with w gm cam and a bolt-on ls7.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 02-24-2014 at 11:35 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:31 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Theblacknightls1
Also camaro has a 12 bolt moser with 411 and a huge steel drive shaft with subs in the car. The second race look like he was going to pass the 5.0 but it wasn't posted. Camaro makes low power numbers on the dyno but has a lot of things robbing power. We will see how he does with no passengers pretty soon also camaro has 200 shot that he not spraying because it wouldn't be a race
I would like to see a proper rematch.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:33 PM
***Repost Police***

You're a ******* idiot. You ask me if I said something....I said I did. Now you come up with some stupid **** like this.

Nice to see you used the correct form of "you're," for a change though.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Same camaro
Old 02-24-2014, 11:35 PM
TECH Addict

Hahah! There we have... full circle...

I'm just bustin' yer chops here, because I can...

There you went though, and took yourself from, "Ford couldn't" to... 'Well, except for when they did.' to 'but I exclude those I want to exclude.

That's where we pretty much always end up with you debating ... You'll state a fallacy as if it's fact. You'll get proven incorrect. Then you'll back track and tell us all why 'those don't matter' for 'my purposes' here because... well, because you lose if I don't get to mold the conversation as you desire, as you go .

At least you didn't call the world names this time.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:37 PM
TECH Addict

You're a ******* idiot. You ask me if I said something....I said I did. Now you come up with some stupid **** like this. I didn't agree with mike on anything n/a crap. We agreed on the mustangs sold more. You are truly a retarded individual.
I stand corrected...
Old 02-24-2014, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

You're a ******* idiot. You ask me if I said something....I said I did. Now you come up with some stupid **** like this.

What cobra jet bossed motor?? First I heard you mention that.

Ok use your stock intake to the filter **** if that's what you want. You're ******* everywhere with your details tonight and any way you twist it to try to handicap me you're gonna lose. You want to race in a truck .....you want to swap motors to a non production motor........I'll break it down for you. If you could've kept up you would've never put a supercharger on your mustang.

Sure gm makes cams for the ls3. 3 stages worth. You can get near 600whp with w gm cam and a bolt-on ls7.
I meant a Cobra jet intake on a Boss motor. Sorry I should have been more clear.

How am I everywhere with details? I simply retorted and showed different examples of to illustrate why I disagree with you. How am I handicapping you? The disagreement stems from you and others saying Ford can't compete n/a using factory designed parts. If the pieces were in a truck who cares? I was handicapped by using old tech and smaller motors.

The supercharger was EASIER to do than a n/a build on my car. Cheaper too. Plus I could keep the stock hood which is why I never went with the 351 route which I really regret now that you can. Again we are comparing early 80s tech to middle 90s tech so for me to outrun them(LS1 fbodies) I went the blower route. With same mods I was outclassed even compared to an LT1 in terms of output. I just didn't have the cubes and heads to compete. It was easier and cheaper like we both agree for me to run a power adder.. But if I wanted to stay n/a using factory parts it could have been done. But I would have been a little slower for a lot more money. Same reason most guys don't max out a bolt on LS1. Cheaper at some point to go into the motor.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would like to see a proper rematch.
I agree. The civic in the video made 500whp on a md btw lower the boost a little for traction so made around 470whp on a md
Old 02-24-2014, 11:42 PM
10 Second Club

Hahah! There we have... full circle...

I'm just bustin' yer chops here, because I can...

There you went though, and took yourself from, "Ford couldn't" to... 'Well, except for when they did.' to 'but I exclude those I want to exclude.

That's where we pretty much always end up with you debating ... You'll state a fallacy as if it's fact. You'll get proven incorrect. Then you'll back track and tell us all why 'those don't matter' for 'my purposes' here because... well, because you lose if I don't get to mold the conversation as you desire, as you go .

At least you didn't call the world names this time.
I didn't get proven incorrect about anything. You had to go back to the 60's to try to keep up.......and still can't. Notice this is the 21 century. Notice this forum is about late model type ****.

You didn't see me bringing up any BBC's did ya. I could have. But why? That's not what this forum is about.

Again.....you lose by default for just goin back that far to try to keep up.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:59 PM
TECH Addict

Jesus christ you're stupid. Go back and look at the order and what I was talking about and then try to comprehend for once in your life. We had done went back to the 347 by that time.
No... No "we" hadn't. Maybe you had in your mind, but that makes no difference.

The lsxr is not the engine I was talking about at that moment.
It was the last one you spoke of from the screen I was looking at when I responded.

You calling me stupid is hilarious to me. You know that, right? I'm so much better educated and more experienced than you it would make your head spin if you had even the most remote of ideas of the actual difference. Attacking me over and over, just because you're not quick enough, will earn you no points. I do not feel sorry for you when you act stupid or tough. I'm 100% positive that you're neither, and I wish you would act like it.

We didn't "done went back" to anything... and you call me stupid... You can't even figure out our language, but I'm stupid...

By the way... HORSE **** on the nonsense about having "done went back" anyway... I responded after your response to Mike, which DIRECTLY FOLLOWED your posting of the 24k + engine... So it's YOU who's confused.... AGAIN... not me.

I didn't get proven incorrect about anything.
Yes you did and you did again, just above, in this post.

You had to go back to the 60's to try to keep up.......and still can't. Notice this is the 21 century. Notice this forum is about late model type ****.
No I didn't... The 60's was merely a time from which to begin. You said Ford couldn't and I easily proved you wrong... Kinda like it usually is...

You didn't see me bringing up any BBC's did ya. I could have. But why? That's not what this forum is about.
Does Chevy make one anymore? Ford does, but Idonno about Chevy.

There's no need to ask why, however, because I never claimed you did. Unlike you, most of us, including me, don't go off on such tangents.

Again.....you lose by default for just goin back that far to try to keep up.
Yup... AGAIN... I lose by default because HoHo has DEEMED anything other than what HE THINKS must be incorrect...

HoHo... With me, you'll be in over your head until the moment I die. You don't know enough and you never will because you're too hung up on 1 thing... and you really don't even understand THAT yet... Good luck, sport.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:14 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
I meant a Cobra jet intake on a Boss motor. Sorry I should have been more clear.

How am I everywhere with details? I simply retorted and showed different examples of to illustrate why I disagree with you. How am I handicapping you? The disagreement stems from you and others saying Ford can't compete n/a using factory designed parts. If the pieces were in a truck who cares? I was handicapped by using old tech and smaller motors.

The supercharger was EASIER to do than a n/a build on my car. Cheaper too. Plus I could keep the stock hood which is why I never went with the 351 route which I really regret now that you can. Again we are comparing early 80s tech to middle 90s tech so for me to outrun them(LS1 fbodies) I went the blower route. With same mods I was outclassed even compared to an LT1 in terms of output. I just didn't have the cubes and heads to compete. It was easier and cheaper like we both agree for me to run a power adder.. But if I wanted to stay n/a using factory parts it could have been done. But I would have been a little slower for a lot more money. Same reason most guys don't max out a bolt on LS1. Cheaper at some point to go into the motor.
Yea I know a lt would've out classed ya on out put. So know you want to back me up to the 80's and 90's..........lmao. I have no real experience with those cars other than what I know about sbc's and seeing a few run at my local track. You don't want ls1's involved and itdontrun wants to go back to the 60's........lmao.

here lets do it like this. What do you want me to hypathetically build by your rules to outrun you?

I have no problem with the new 5.0 stuff. It's a little over hyped but I can see the excitement coming from the furd camp after all these years of sucking *** n/a. Do I think it's better than current gm stuff???? No, but on par to a point power wise. Once it gets past bolt-on stuff it won't keep up very well. Against the new LT stuff???? I guess time will tell there. But that **** looks pretty good.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:16 AM
10 Second Club

No... No "we" hadn't. Maybe you had in your mind, but that makes no difference.

It was the last one you spoke of from the screen I was looking at when I responded.

You calling me stupid is hilarious to me. You know that, right? I'm so much better educated and more experienced than you it would make your head spin if you had even the most remote of ideas of the actual difference. Attacking me over and over, just because you're not quick enough, will earn you no points. I do not feel sorry for you when you act stupid or tough. I'm 100% positive that you're neither, and I wish you would act like it.

We didn't "done went back" to anything... and you call me stupid... You can't even figure out our language, but I'm stupid...

By the way... HORSE **** on the nonsense about having "done went back" anyway... I responded after your response to Mike, which DIRECTLY FOLLOWED your posting of the 24k + engine... So it's YOU who's confused.... AGAIN... not me.

Yes you did and you did again, just above, in this post.

No I didn't... The 60's was merely a time from which to begin. You said Ford couldn't and I easily proved you wrong... Kinda like it usually is...

Does Chevy make one anymore? Ford does, but Idonno about Chevy.

There's no need to ask why, however, because I never claimed you did. Unlike you, most of us, including me, don't go off on such tangents.

Yup... AGAIN... I lose by default because HoHo has DEEMED anything other than what HE THINKS must be incorrect...

HoHo... With me, you'll be in over your head until the moment I die. You don't know enough and you never will because you're too hung up on 1 thing... and you really don't even understand THAT yet... Good luck, sport.
neither you or mike proved me wrong. You both talked alot of **** trying though.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:18 AM
***Repost Police***

So now you're saying that Ford couldn't make an N/A motor worth a damn prior to the new 5.0? Cuz I could have sworn you said something different a couple pages ago...

Quick Reply: Bolt on 5.0, beats 4th gen 427 stroker camaro SS