Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

ls1 Trans Am vs 2014 5.0 Coyote

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 10:14 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lawhead
Was replying to your first response while you posted the other
Lol,its hard to determine sarcasm, a persons intelligence all through text. The English language is hard to interpret though text. It can go multiple ways.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:19 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Heater
Since you've asked me a question, let me ask you a question Nate.

Do you think that I am wrong?
no, I seen your alls mis communication from the time it happened. Hio said " if I had a ls6 set up like your black car it would go 9s" he obviously thought the black car was in 2600 range with no driver. What's the black car weigh Kevin with no driver? Alot of the fights on here are because not clear specifics. One person says thier weight with driver one says it without.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 04-20-2014, 10:23 AM
Teching In

Lol perfect example. Wtf is this suppose to be in reference to?
Old 04-20-2014, 10:25 AM
10 Second Club

Doug saying if his car was set up like Kevins car that I'd run 9's plus its a funny *** picture..... quit hatin
Old 04-20-2014, 10:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have never weighed my car without me, only with me in it.

I weighed it on the Rockingham scales back at the last Dragging Right's there, weighed 2960. That was with very little fuel in the fuel cell, I usually run between 5-8 gallons of gas in it.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:32 AM
Teching In

Its gonna take weighing 2600 empy weight to get the ls6 there. And its not gonna be comparable to Kevin's at that point other than both wont have wipers lol.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:33 AM
Teching In

I weighed it on the Rockingham scales back at the last Dragging Right's there, weighed 2960. That was with very little fuel in the fuel cell, I usually run between 5-8 gallons of gas in it.
Lol what do you weigh? Its that easy lol
Old 04-20-2014, 10:38 AM
Teching In

See this is why you also think his car is hacked. The 3k weight he talks about is without driver. Here is the reason we state car weight without driver, doug 150 compared to guitar 300+. Not being a smart *** about guitar. Just an example of how much driver weight varies. Thats why we go by car weight. Theese are also the specifics I say starts fights. Ppl fighting because miss communication over 150lbs. 150 can make the difference between a hacked car and weight reduction.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:39 AM
Teching In

Also keep this in mind on 4.slows trap he looks like he is 80lbs in that selfie that was posted lmao.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:44 AM
On The Tree

LoL, I'm old and fat, so I'm not saying what I weigh

The object of my car was to get it to around 3000 pounds, in case I wanted to go class racing. I know that what I'm about to say might sound like a contradiction, but it's how I feel. My Fox Body is not a all out effort for the highest mph or lowest E.T. It is based on what I like, it's a work in progress and is built to go as fast as I can with as much reliability as I can get. It has some low weight parts in it, but that was by accident, not by design. Most of the parts in or on the car are heavy, to take abuse and have a higher reliability rate while being affordable.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:44 AM
10 Second Club

Drilling holes in your K-member, bumper supports, hood hinges, spindles etc is hacking up a car...
Old 04-20-2014, 10:49 AM
On The Tree

Drilling holes in your K-member, bumper supports, hood hinges, spindles etc is hacking up a car...

LMAO!!!+1!! I just about spit my drink out when I read that
Old 04-20-2014, 10:56 AM
Teching In

LoL, I'm old and fat, so I'm not saying what I weigh

The object of my car was to get it to around 3000 pounds, in case I wanted to go class racing. I know that what I'm about to say might sound like a contradiction, but it's how I feel. My Fox Body is not a all out effort for the highest mph or lowest E.T. It is based on what I like, it's a work in progress and is built to go as fast as I can with as much reliability as I can get. It has some low weight parts in it, but that was by accident, not by design. Most of the parts in or on the car are heavy, to take abuse and have a higher reliability rate while being affordable.
im a plump 260 some upper body muscle but one hell of a gut. Women dont say thier weight not men lol.

it depends on how its done. Joe blows work I agree. His work is VERY VERY different. And im trying not to swell his already massive head. But hes good. And there are key points on where to drill and where not to drill to keep structural integrity. Answer this honestly how much stronger is a fox fiberglass bumper support (standard equipment 87-93) over a carefully drilled steel support. His stocker is stronger than mikes tubular burkhart. I think I got them both beat. I got a aluminum support out of a Volvo I was scrapping the other day. Has the same arch as the irocs support. If its lighter than hios is it considered hacked? How safe is a volvo bumper support?
Old 04-20-2014, 10:58 AM
On The Tree

I have to say that after being on here and being exposed to some of Hio's rotational mass weight savings, it has made me look at my car in a different light. For example, the drive shaft in my car is actually big and heavy. It's out of a much heavier car and I used it because with the power my car makes, it peeled the ears on an aluminum drive shaft yoke.
My next mod will probably be a lite weight after market drive shaft.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:08 AM
Teching In

I have to say that after being on here and being exposed to some of Hio'storquational mass weight sausually gs, it has made meI can'tlook at my car in a different light. For example, the drive shaft in my car is actually big and heavy. It's out of a much heavier car and I used it because with the power my car makes, it peeled the ears on an aluminum drive shaft yoke.
Carbon all the way!!! Im running a steel one with my th350 . But it did come with my 30$ used torque arm adapter that is usually 180$ by itself.so I can't complain.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:11 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
im a plump 260 some upper body muscle but one hell of a gut. Women dont say thier weight not men lol.

it depends on how its done. Joe blows work I agree. His work is VERY VERY different. And im trying not to swell his already massive head. But hes good. And there are key points on where to drill and where not to drill to keep structural integrity. Answer this honestly how much stronger is a fox fiberglass bumper support (standard equipment 87-93) over a carefully drilled steel support. His stocker is stronger than mikes tubular burkhart. I think I got them both beat. I got a aluminum support out of a Volvo I was scrapping the other day. Has the same arch as the irocs support. If its lighter than hios is it considered hacked? How safe is a volvo bumper support?
No its not hacked if its lighter it's hacked if you take a hole saw to it
Old 04-20-2014, 11:20 AM
Teching In

I have to say that after being on here and being exposed to some of Hio's those ational mass weight savings, it has made me look at my car in a different light. For example, tothdrive shaft in my car is actually significant and heavy. It's out of a much heavier car and I used it because with the power my car makes, it peeled the ears on an aluminum drive shaft yoke.
Don't be disappointed if it doesn't show world stopping improvements. but if you ever get rid of those covopros and pick the lightest wheel that you can accept the apearence of with those and a few other pieces you will start to see a significant change. It takes a few pieces to really start seeing it come in.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Carbon fiber driveshaft if you can afford it. I have it on all my cars. Tracks will let you run without a loop as well more weight savings.

Hios car is not hacked or gutted. Only things I don't like is the deletion of air bags but that is me. Workmanship and thought on the car is very good. I don't agree with Hio when he says its a bolt on ls6 anyone can duplicate. Its not. I'm curious if it can pick up power with a bigger meter or convertered to speed density. We were arguing about the truck intake yesterday..
Old 04-20-2014, 11:25 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

420 blaze it phaggots

Quick Reply: ls1 Trans Am vs 2014 5.0 Coyote