Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

ls1 Trans Am vs 2014 5.0 Coyote

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 11:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So Ryan, what is the difference from my "hacked" up race car and Hio's "Artistic Weight Removal" street car?
Old 04-20-2014, 11:28 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Here's my tires. Could drive anywhere even in the rain safely.

Btw notch......I don't give a **** about matching heaters weight. Why would I? You don't see fox body guys throwing a extra 400lb in their cars to match a fcar weight. Fact is it would take all his built furd to of run a car set up like I said. ......80+k on it and all.

Lawhead......I feel dumber just reading your posts. You really have no clue.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:29 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Heater
So Ryan, what is the difference from my "hacked" up race car and Hio's "Artistic Weight Removal" street car?
Its not his therefore

race car
Old 04-20-2014, 11:34 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HioSSilver

Btw notch......I don't give a **** about matching heaters weight. Why would I? You don't see fox body guys throwing a extra 400lb in their cars to match a fcar weight. Fact is it would take all his built furd to of run a car set up like I said. ......80+k on it and all.

Are those Bogart rims?
Old 04-20-2014, 11:40 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Yes they are. As far as I can tell they don't stop or slow the car down any in the rain.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:42 AM
On The Tree

Yes they are. As far as I can tell they don't stop or slow the car down any in the rain.

Are they approved, or recommended for street use?
Old 04-20-2014, 11:45 AM
10 Second Club

Are they approved, or recommended for street use?
Old 04-20-2014, 11:51 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Carbon fiber driveshaft if you can afford it. I have it on all my cars. Tracks will let you run without a loop as well more weight savings.

Hios car is not hacked or gutted. Only things I don't like is the deletion of air bags but that is me. Workmanship and thought on the car is very good. I don't agree with Hio when he says its a bolt on ls6 anyone can duplicate. Its not. I'm curious if it can pick up power with a bigger meter or convertered to speed density. We were arguing about the truck intake yesterday..
Im glad my 89 came without bags. Ever been hit with one? Lol holy ****! When you're as fast as him and heater and your car Mike a bag isn't gonna do much for you.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:55 AM
Teching In

wipers
Old 04-20-2014, 11:55 AM
***Repost Police***

Last I checked, airbags weren't necessarily for the dragstrip...they are to absorb energy so that your body doesn't have to. I wonder how much less safe a car is that was designed to work around/with specific safety equipment, when you take it all out. A car that was designed w/ crumple zones, full bumpers/supports, airbags, etc., isn't going to work very well once you remove all of the safety equipment and install racing harnesses and seats w/ out using at least a rollbar. I doubt I'd fare well in any significant crash after my accident, but I want as much help as I can get.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:58 AM
Teching In

Because to get a fcar to 2600 it will be gutted and not comparable to heaters thats why
Old 04-20-2014, 12:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Last I checked, airbags weren't necessarily for the drdon't gstrip...they are to absorb energy so that your body doesn't have to. I wonder how much less safe a car is that was designed to work around/with specific safety equipment, when you take it all out. A car that was designed w/ crumple zones, full bumpers/supports, airbags, etc., isn't going to work very well once you remove all of the safety equipment and install racing harnesses and seats w/ out using at least a rollbar. I doubt I'd fare well in any significant crash after my accident, but I want as much help as I can get.
Then 1989 and older cars should be taken off the street as a safety hazard. They don't have bags. Now pipe down men are talking
Old 04-20-2014, 12:04 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by z28SSilvest
Yeah it was sarcasm. A racer boy like you wouldn't know the difference though.
I like this guy.
Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
Then 1989 and older cars should be taken off the street as a safety hazard. They don't have bags. Now pipe down men are talking
Come on Virginia, I know you can at least read a little bit;
Last I checked, airbags weren't necessarily for the dragstrip...they are to absorb energy so that your body doesn't have to. I wonder how much less safe a car is that was designed to work around/with specific safety equipment, when you take it all out. A car that was designed w/ crumple zones, full bumpers/supports, airbags, etc., isn't going to work very well once you remove all of the safety equipment and install racing harnesses and seats w/ out using at least a rollbar. I doubt I'd fare well in any significant crash after my accident, but I want as much help as I can get.
That kinda eliminates those pre-'89 cars.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:26 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by big hammer
cool. my bolt on car has over 400 hp and runs around 11.8.
Sheesh what kinda bolt ons are you using? Full exhaust, intake, tuned, and stock LS1 my car only made 358hp/372tq.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
His work is VERY VERY different. And im trying not to swell his already massive head. But hes good.
So you do in fact stroke the shaft, tickle the *****, and swallow the gravy?
Originally Posted by adamantium
420 blaze it phaggots
Yay, can't wait for all of the "inspirational" statuses on Facebook from the idiots who are high as a kite today.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:32 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
So you do in fact stroke the shaft, tickle the *****, and swallow the gravy?

Yay, can't wait for all of the "inspirational" statuses on Facebook from the idiots who are high as a kite today.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:40 PM
Teching In

I like this guy.

Come on Virginia, I know you can at lstructure read a little bit;

That kinda eliminates those pre-'89 cars.
The only difference between a 89 fox and a 90 fox are the bags. There is no CRUMPLE zone or structure changes along with the bags. If u knew half what you think you do! Crunple zones are seperate safety measures.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:44 PM
***Repost Police***

Hmm...pretty sure I specifically (again) said "a car DESIGNED to work with/around." I'm not talking about cars that had the safety equipment added halfway through the production run. There is no way in hell I would remove every bit of safety equipment from a 4th gen or '94+ Mustang. Door bars, airbags, bumper supports, etc. I don't care if it saves 100lbs, there are too many idiots on the road.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:49 PM
11 Second Club

Hmm...pretty sure I specifically (again) said "a car DESIGNED to work with/around." I'm not talking about cars that had the safety equipment added halfway through the production run. There is no way in hell I would remove every bit of safety equipment from a 4th gen or '94+ Mustang. Door bars, airbags, bumper supports, etc. I don't care if it saves 100lbs, there are too many idiots on the road.
+1 for this. Only weight reduction I will do is spare tire, rear seats, and A/C when I install a front mount turbo and it's a weekend warrior.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by z28SSilvest
Sheesh what kinda bolt ons are you using? Full exhaust, intake, tuned, and stock LS1 my car only made 358hp/372tq.
Magical ones sprinkled with pixie dust and and the little hobbit hairs from Hio's feet...

Quick Reply: ls1 Trans Am vs 2014 5.0 Coyote