Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

ls1 Trans Am vs 2014 5.0 Coyote

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 06:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Right over your head, as expected. And actually there is a very large comparison (though that wasn't even my point), as they are both designed to do the same thing.
Not over my head at all. Just a **** poor comparison on your part.
Originally Posted by z28SSilvest
372hp is a pretty good bolt on car, but it's not 400 lol. And yeah if you're going to take out all the safety crap you might as well save yourself the hassle and get a street bike.
Dam skippy it would be. Good broad tq too. It would run hard.

I did not take all the safety crap out. Why must you guys always exaggerate?
Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
All you jokers making fun of the hole saw, all he is doing is adding new crumple zones. He should survive a pretty nasty wreck with no issue.
Lol.....not really. I have not cut on the main chassis at all. All I have really done is lighten some of the parts that most replace or completely remove.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by usnfenix
lol.

seriously tho, ive owned 2 t/a's and a camaro, great cars, great motors. now i drive a 14' 5.0 though and love it. i wont talk **** on ls1's, i grew up on them. but thats the thing tho, i grew up on them. now modern technology is making 4cyl rice boxes and econo-cars that are making over 200hp from the factory, V6 models of other cars that are pushing over 315 HP from the factory. the ls1 is rated at 300-350hp from the factory depending on who you talk to on here apparantly. i prefer to go with an even 325. so youve got a 5.7l V8 that is making just 10HP more than a modern V6 motor found in todays mustang and camaro models. And the new 5.0's are rated at 420HP from the factory and the new V8 camaros a little more, the challengers and chargers as well. point is, modern muscle is in the 400+ from the factory era. back in the day you could take an ls1 off the line and run a 12.9-13.4 depending on your DA and driver. and in that era, it was very good and ls1 did reign king. nowadays however, lets take a stock 5.0 (sorry i havent witnessed and 5th gens stock beating this time so dont get butthurt.) ive seen a stock 5.0, automatic BTW (oh no curses an auto car being fast?) go 12.53 @112 trap. ive even seen ones with DR and ORX/tune go 11.8's. now personally i dont know any ls1 that does DR, tune and ORX only and goes 11.8. people want to talk **** and all but reality is we are moving on from the ls1 motor. not the lsx motor in general, but the ls1. and one day we'll all look back on the new 5.0 and be like its time to move on from that too. now quoting what one guy said earlier, STOCK VS STOCK, yes the 5.0 is faster. im sure some will argue with that saying "i rape 5.0's all day" theres always one guy but w/e. but one the flip side of that is how many of us keep our cars stock? we all buy these cars and we mod them till they blow up. so yea, you can take a T/A and modify it and beat the hell out of a 5.0. or you can mod a 5.0 and rape a T/A. or you can go all troll status and throw a jet engine in a ford windstar for all i care. honestly in the end its all personal preference and as long as your happy with it, F*ck the haters man, haters gonna hate.
You have to remember what newer cars are weighing in at.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:57 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Not over my head at all. Just a **** poor comparison on your part.
You're right Doug, me drawing any comparison to wearing a seatbelt in a car vs. wearing a helmet on a bike is COMPLETELY ridiculous.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
You're right Doug, me drawing any comparison to wearing a seatbelt in a car vs. wearing a helmet on a bike is COMPLETELY ridiculous.
To be fair I drive a GM product our airbags don't work. Been in an accident with my 2006 g5, 2008 g5, 2002 grand prix and some guy drove into me a couple months back in my 2013 cruze... I have never had an airbag deploy. In my cruze I was pushed into a curb by some retard who doesn't know how to signal or look before lane changing and he dragged me about 60 feet. In my GTP I was caught on a line of sand and pretty much put the front end under a bus. In one of my g5s some guy smashed into me from behind at a stoplight. From my general experience GM sucks ***** at air bags. I would never remove any safety equipment I am just saying I doubt they work in my Trans Am either so why not remove them.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:53 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sickness7
To be fair I drive a GM product our airbags don't work. Been in an accident with my 2006 g5, 2008 g5, 2002 grand prix and some guy drove into me a couple months back in my 2013 cruze... I have never had an airbag deploy. In my cruze I was pushed into a curb by some retard who doesn't know how to signal or look before lane changing and he dragged me about 60 feet. In my GTP I was caught on a line of sand and pretty much put the front end under a bus. In one of my g5s some guy smashed into me from behind at a stoplight. From my general experience GM sucks ***** at air bags. I would never remove any safety equipment I am just saying I doubt they work in my Trans Am either so why not remove them.
Holy Crap, man! You sure you were not in a demolition derby when these accidents occurred? That is a serious amount of fender benders you went through.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sickness7
You have to remember what newer cars are weighing in at.
You're not getting the point of what he's saying. Newer technology = better improvements. You aren't going to compare an iPhone 5s to a 1999 Nokia phone.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:03 PM
***Repost Police***

But bro, dat Snake tho

Old 04-20-2014, 10:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by z28SSilvest
You're not getting the point of what he's saying. Newer technology = better improvements. You aren't going to compare an iPhone 5s to a 1999 Nokia phone.
Well ya but its the opposite the nokia could take a grenade while the iphone can't take a 1 foot drop out of a gym locker while newer cars survive accidents and older cars die and take the driver with them:p Technology can be upgraded in older vehicles*cough*

Also the improvements haven't done much if you think about it.. guy at work has a suv which technically has more power than my trans am stock for stock awd and the thing can barely make it into the 14s. IMO most cars are getting slower and slower with their "improvements" leaving out a few performance models.

If I want to get 200 hp out of my turbo cruze that cost 21,000 I would have to invest well over 1500 on it and it would most likely void my warranty. If I had never found my trans am when I was looking for a car I would have gone Juices route and found a 3800 power plant car and went from there. What improvements my 6800 dollar grand prix has better brakes more power and got pretty good gas mileage for a v6. I mean we could argue this all day but I really don't see the point when we are both set in our ways. Personally I like pre 2000 cars so I would defend them to my last breath.

Last edited by Sickness7; 04-20-2014 at 10:28 PM.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
Holy Crap, man! You sure you were not in a demolition derby when these accidents occurred? That is a serious amount of fender benders you went through.
My friends tell me I have the worst luck with cars.. my first accident was some guy not paying attention and rear ending me my second was a girl who wanted to turn into tim hortons from the middle lane and "didn't see me there" lol she didn't bother signaling either.

I will put it this way I walked up to my father and said wow I have owned my Trans Am 2 years now and some idiot hasn't hit me and he looked at me and said " don't jynx it."

Also because no one had the common decency to stop and be a witness out of the 20 people who saw the guy push my cruze into the curb we are currently 50/50 at fault and I may end up taking it to court...

The only accident I am at fault for and I will admit it was the first rwd I ever drove. My brothers 1981 f150 with well over 400 horsepower... headlights didn't work wipers didn't work got caught driving home in a rain storm and first turn I made I lost control and took it into a tree. When he was the one who showed up with my father on the scene I thought I was going to be killed.

Last edited by Sickness7; 04-20-2014 at 10:22 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:51 AM
10 Second Club

The fact that I can get Hios followers so worked up and upset when I say something they come running to try to troll me is quite entertaining LoL
Old 04-21-2014, 05:25 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Lawhead
The fact that I can get Hios followers so worked up and upset when I say something they come running to try to troll me is quite entertaining LoL

Have you noticed that his followers are mainly trolls?
Old 04-21-2014, 06:04 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Heater
Have you noticed that his followers are mainly trolls?
It's fun playing with the village idiots so hopefully they stick around ! With all their real life track experience and ****
Old 04-21-2014, 06:31 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trolls^^^^^
Old 04-21-2014, 07:11 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
Trolls^^^^^

Why you gotta go and call me a troll? I'm here to learn about the LSX, share my technical knowledge, enjoy conversing about racing and watching racing video's.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:23 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Heater
Why you gotta go and call me a troll? I'm here to learn about the LSX, share my technical knowledge, enjoy conversing about racing and watching racing video's.
I've contributed a lot to this site between videos and I know it sounds crazy but I get PMs quite a bit. I've owned LSx/LTx/Mod motor a lot of people can't say that and those are the ones who spout off the most ignorance about which ever brand it may be.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:30 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lawhead
I've contributed a lot to this site between videos and I know it sounds crazy but I get PMs quite a bit. I've owned LSx/LTx/Mod motor a lot of people can't say that and those are the ones who spout off the most ignorance about which ever brand it may be.
Ive swapped every one of the above, and modded.2 of the 3 a good bit. Didn't you do a swap once lawhead? You guys just like stirring **** up.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:39 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
Ive swapped every one of the above, and modded.2 of the 3 a good bit. Didn't you do a swap once lawhead? You guys just like stirring **** up.
I did and replaced the LTx more than once... I'm sure you're going to take a shot at the Mustang I had and it's expected but look around and see who really stirs **** up
Old 04-21-2014, 07:52 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Butt still stings eh bud?
Old 04-21-2014, 07:55 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by adamantium
Butt still stings eh bud?
Nice deflection you've learned well from your master
Old 04-21-2014, 08:04 AM
Banned