Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I got drug, and I'm butt hurt. Real butt hurt. Feelings hurt bad.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Blown383LS1
Because if a business is run into the ground, they should not get a free handout from the taxpayers for their stupidity. They should have filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy like any smaller company would have to do. Maybe you don't mind the government taking your hard earned dollar and throwing it away, but I sure as hell do.

We can thank the unions controlled by the mob for that. I know grossly over paid auto workers that have homes near my home in Florida. Two I met could barely read and write.

If you make a crap product or mismanaged you should go out of business. I don't think the government should have helped them. Especially when they were flying out to DC in their chartered jets. Be like me asking Marc for money while driving around a new Vette despite being broke.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by subzerotm
Dude. The government takes your hard earned dollar and throws it away regardless. This country is TRILLIONS of dollars in debt. Do you even have any concept of how much a Trillion even is? China literally has our country by the *****. How does that make you feel? I'd be much more concerned about THAT if I were you.

And besides, do you have any idea what would have happened to our economy if uncle sam DIDNT bail GM out of the *******?
Damn grasping at straws at this point....
Old 05-16-2014, 02:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
We can thank the unions controlled by the mob for that. I know grossly over paid auto workers that have homes near my home in Florida. Two I met could barely read and write.

If you make a crap product or mismanaged you should go out of business. I don't think the government should have helped them. Especially when they were flying out to DC in their chartered jets. Be like me asking Marc for money while driving around a new Vette despite being broke.
I agree 100%
Old 05-16-2014, 02:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawhead
Damn grasping at straws at this point....
Why, because you're too ignorant to see the big picture? Lolz
Old 05-16-2014, 02:52 PM
10 Second Club

Why, because you're too ignorant to see the big picture? Lolz
You go from arguing about car manufactures to how China has the country by the ***** in a weak deflection of the subject.......Keep trying buttercup
Old 05-16-2014, 02:53 PM
Banned

You first need to understand the difference between getting a loan and paying it back and getting a bailout to save your business and defaulting on paying it back...

Loan - Made by the government and banks daily. This is paid back with interest.

Bailout - Made by the government to save a business from going under. GM did not pay the money back. The US taxpayers lost 11.2 BILLION.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...osses/8522681/
Actually the government sold their stock in GM which is why the government or tax payers lost money. If your gonna try and use facts then you might wanna use the right facts instead of tryn to make GM look bad...

http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/deal...g-stake-in-gm/
Old 05-16-2014, 02:53 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, still clinging to the bailout money claim. Wannabe political debate aside, and notwithstanding the tenuous positions of the alleged supporting factors in question: if your selection in, or any process of selection in or review of performance cars is in any way a (roundabout, ***-backwards, passive aggressive, ineffective) quasi-political statement, or generally related to anything other than the concrete merits of cars, go buy a ******* Prius and 20 bumper stickers and putter down the freeway at 55mph in the fast lane, because you're on the same level, at best, as those people.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:57 PM
Banned

Because if a business is run into the ground, they should not get a free handout from the taxpayers for their stupidity. They should have filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy like any smaller company would have to do. Maybe you don't mind the government taking your hard earned dollar and throwing it away, but I sure as hell do.
So you think its ok for the government to purposely cause another great depression? What do you think would of happened if the government let GM and Chrysler go out of business? Free mustangs for everyone? Lmao your a ******* idiot! If they did let those companies go out of business then the unemployment rate would have sky rocketed. And the government would be handing out more welfare checks... think before you speak
Old 05-16-2014, 02:59 PM
Banned

You go from arguing about car manufactures to how China has the country by the ***** in a weak deflection of the subject.......Keep trying buttercup
^^^This lol
Old 05-16-2014, 02:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by "MAC"
Actually the government sold their stock in GM which is why the government or tax payers lost money. If your gonna try and use facts then you might wanna use the right facts instead of tryn to make GM look bad...

http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/deal...g-stake-in-gm/
GM made themselves look bad. They ran that company into the ground and then took our money so they wouldn't go out of business. The standard has been set. They can do anything they want and we will bail them out again because they are "too big to fail".

Quoted from your article link:

Over all, the government spent more than $80 billion to save G.M., Chrysler and their suppliers. The third Detroit automaker, Ford Motor, survived the recession without direct financial aid from Washington.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:00 PM
On The Tree

So you think its ok for the government to purposely cause another great depression? What do you think would of happened if the government let GM and Chrysler go out of business? Free mustangs for everyone? Lmao your a ******* idiot! If they did let those companies go out of business then the unemployment rate would have sky rocketed. And the government would be handing out more welfare checks... think before you speak
Thanks for playing. I will try to keep up with you guys.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:00 PM
Banned

GM made themselves look bad. They ran that company into the ground and then took our money so they wouldn't go out of business. The standard has been set. They can do anything they want and we will bail them out again because they are "too big to fail".

Over all, the government spent more than $80 billion to save G.M., Chrysler and their suppliers. The third Detroit automaker, Ford Motor, survived the recession without direct financial aid from Washington.
So by your logic a great depression is better no?
Old 05-16-2014, 03:01 PM
7 Second Club

Received 315 Likes on 244 Posts

They took government money.
Hey GAYFIRE...

Did you just get out of prison or finally remembered your logon info from Nov 11/13?

Old 05-16-2014, 03:02 PM
Banned

I was simply pointing out that a lousy 11 Billion dollars is NOTHING compared to the 17+ TRILLION dollars that our government has buried us in. I'd be way more mad at our government then GM. Im sorry that that is too hard for your simple mind to comprehend.

Ford also just got lucky, plain and simple. With the aid of that taxpayer/government loan and a well timed bank loan of 23 billion dollars, Ford managed to tiptoe past the graveyard and avoid bankruptcy.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:05 PM
On The Tree

So by your logic a great depression is better no?
If GM needs 50 billion more in five years because of bad business practices, you are good with that?
Old 05-16-2014, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Sadly that is true. The unions who helped elected officials get into office will make sure of that. Government will never let GM go under. GM has been mismanaged for the last 20 years. They need to downsize for sure.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:09 PM
10 Second Club

I was simply pointing out that a lousy 11 Billion dollars is NOTHING compared to the 17+ TRILLION dollars that our government has buried us in. I'd be way more mad at our government then GM. Im sorry that that is too hard for your simple mind to comprehend.

Ford also just got lucky, plain and simple. With the aid of that taxpayer/government loan and a well timed bank loan of 23 billion dollars, Ford managed to tiptoe past the graveyard and avoid bankruptcy.
Which has nothing to do with the argument you were getting proven wrong in time and time again.......Good talk
Old 05-16-2014, 03:09 PM
Banned

If GM needs 50 billion more in five years because of bad business practices, you are good with that?
Do you think that you could manage GM better? Lol
Old 05-16-2014, 03:11 PM
Banned

Which has nothing to do with the argument you were getting proven wrong in time and time again.......Good talk
I initially said that Ford took government money. They did. Good talk, sweet cheeks.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Sadly that is true. The unions who helped elected officials get into office will make sure of that. Government will never let GM go under. GM has been mismanaged for the last 20 years. They need to downsize for sure.
They should have filed for chapter 11 and went through the bankruptcy process. That is all I am saying. I don't dislike GM cars and trucks, I have owned a lot of them and still own two now.

Quick Reply: I got drug, and I'm butt hurt. Real butt hurt. Feelings hurt bad.