Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I got drug, and I'm butt hurt. Real butt hurt. Feelings hurt bad.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2014 | 01:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Blown383LS1
So did Ford take bailout money or not?
They took government money.
Old 05-16-2014 | 01:30 PM
On The Tree

Edit, here is the article: http://useconomy.about.com/od/critic...to_bailout.htm

Ford's Bailout Proposal

Ford requested a $9 billion line-of-credit from the government, and a $5 billion loan from the Energy Department. Ford pledged to accelerate development of both hybrid and battery-powered vehicles, retool plants to increase production of smaller cars, close dealerships, and sell Volvo. Ford is in better shape than GM or Chrysler because it had already mortgaged its assets in 2006 to raise $24.5 billion. Although Ford didn't need, and didn't receive any funds, it also didn't want its competition to get the upper hand thanks to the government bailout.
Old 05-16-2014 | 01:31 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Puck
350. Thanks for supporting my last post where I said the same thing.

Just a few post back you talked about how it didn't make a difference... and that CI wouldn't effect the car.....
Old 05-16-2014 | 01:35 PM
Banned

http://www.forbes.com/sites/joannmuller/2012/08/29/automakers-report-card-who-still-owes-taxpayers-money-the-answer-might-surprise-you/

Oh **** son! Look who still owes tax payers their money?
Old 05-16-2014 | 01:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by subzerotm
http://www.forbes.com/sites/joannmuller/2012/08/29/automakers-report-card-who-still-owes-taxpayers-money-the-answer-might-surprise-you/

Oh **** son! Look who still owes tax payers their money?
You first need to understand the difference between getting a loan and paying it back and getting a bailout to save your business and defaulting on paying it back...

Loan - Made by the government and banks daily. This is paid back with interest.

Bailout - Made by the government to save a business from going under. GM did not pay the money back. The US taxpayers lost 11.2 BILLION.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...osses/8522681/
Old 05-16-2014 | 01:47 PM
Banned

You first need to understand the difference between getting a loan and paying it back and getting a bailout to save your business and defaulting on paying it back...

Bailout - Made by the government to save a business from going under. GM did not pay the money back. The US taxpayers lost 11.2 BILLION.

You don't even understand that the tax payers weren't going to get that money back regardless. If the government was worried about losing "bailout" money. There would not be any of it in the first place.
Old 05-16-2014 | 01:49 PM
TECH Resident

Somehow he's gonna disagree and you're gonna be in the wrong

Edit: on snap, too late.
Old 05-16-2014 | 01:49 PM
Banned

The point is, is that Ford also needed help during the recession. Just like every other American automaker.
Old 05-16-2014 | 01:51 PM
On The Tree

You don't even understand that the tax payers weren't going to get that money back regardless. If the government was worried about losing "bailout" money. There would not be any of it in the first place.
Chrysler paid back their bailout money. GM did not.
Old 05-16-2014 | 01:54 PM
On The Tree

Edit, here is the article: http://useconomy.about.com/od/critic...to_bailout.htm

Ford's Bailout Proposal

Ford requested a $9 billion line-of-credit from the government, and a $5 billion loan from the Energy Department. Ford pledged to accelerate development of both hybrid and battery-powered vehicles, retool plants to increase production of smaller cars, close dealerships, and sell Volvo. Ford is in better shape than GM or Chrysler because it had already mortgaged its assets in 2006 to raise $24.5 billion. Although Ford didn't need, and didn't receive any funds, it also didn't want its competition to get the upper hand thanks to the government bailout.
The point is, is that Ford also needed help during the recession. Just like every other American automaker.
See the bolded text for your answer to that.
Old 05-16-2014 | 01:57 PM
Banned

Chrysler paid back their bailout money. GM did not.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/joannmuller/2013/12/09/taxpayers-dont-have-government-motors-to-kick-around-any-more/

"Despite the $11 billion loss on the GM bailout, the Treasury Department was quick to point out that it has recovered a total of $432.7 billion on all investments under the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) – including the sale of its shares in AIG – compared to $421.8 billion disbursed. Treasury said it will continue to wind down the remaining investments”in a manner that balances maximizing the taxpayer’s return on investments with the speed of our exit.”
Old 05-16-2014 | 01:59 PM
On The Tree

http://www.forbes.com/sites/joannmuller/2013/12/09/taxpayers-dont-have-government-motors-to-kick-around-any-more/

"Despite the $11 billion loss on the GM bailout, the Treasury Department was quick to point out that it has recovered a total of $432.7 billion on all investments under the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) – including the sale of its shares in AIG – compared to $421.8 billion disbursed. Treasury said it will continue to wind down the remaining investments”in a manner that balances maximizing the taxpayer’s return on investments with the speed of our exit.”
Good quote right there.
Old 05-16-2014 | 02:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Lawhead
You are literally a retard....
El oh el.
Old 05-16-2014 | 02:04 PM
Banned

So GM paid back 39 Billion faster than Ford could pay back 5.9 Billion?
Old 05-16-2014 | 02:08 PM
On The Tree

So GM paid back 39 Billion faster than Ford could pay back 5.9 Billion?
The government sold their/our shares of GM stock to get that money...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...-sale/3925515/

The Treasury department said it recovered $39 billion from selling its GM stake, and had put $49.5 billion of taxpayer money directly into the GM bailout.

The total bailout rises to $51 billion, including another $1.5 billion that Treasury put into programs to keep GM suppliers afloat and to make sure owners' warranties were honored, plus some into the old GMAC finance company that's now known as Ally — separate from a much larger Ally bailout.
Old 05-16-2014 | 02:15 PM
Banned

That bailout helped the economy quite a bit. Not sure why all the tax payers were bitching about money they weren't going to get back anyway. I laugh when people act like GM stole their children's college funds right out of their bank accounts.
Old 05-16-2014 | 02:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by "MAC"
Nope just saying if your gonna cry and bitch about ci then its ok for us to point out you have more cams etc...gt4urass is saying the 5.0 is a better engine again another ford dumbass like you
Find where I said it was better dipshit. It's gonna be a while, cause I didn't. I actually made it a point several times to say one wasn't "better" than the other. My ONLY point was that one was more efficient than the other. This. Is. Not. Debatable.
Old 05-16-2014 | 02:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
Like I told Gt4urass, pick up your coffee cup and start talking to it. You'll get better results then talking to Mac.
Lmao.
Old 05-16-2014 | 02:25 PM
On The Tree

That bailout helped the economy quite a bit. Not sure why all the tax payers were bitching about money they weren't going to get back anyway. I laugh when people act like GM stole their children's college funds right out of their bank accounts.
Because if a business is run into the ground, they should not get a free handout from the taxpayers for their stupidity. They should have filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy like any smaller company would have to do. Maybe you don't mind the government taking your hard earned dollar and throwing it away, but I sure as hell do.
Old 05-16-2014 | 02:34 PM
Banned

Because if a business is run into the ground, they should not get a free handout from the taxpayers for their stupidity. They should have filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy like any smaller company would have to do. Maybe you don't mind the government taking your hard earned dollar and throwing it away, but I sure as hell do.
Dude. The government takes your hard earned dollar and throws it away regardless. This country is TRILLIONS of dollars in debt. Do you even have any concept of how much a Trillion even is? China literally has our country by the *****. How does that make you feel? I'd be much more concerned about THAT if I were you.

And besides, do you have any idea what would have happened to our economy if uncle sam DIDNT bail GM out of the *******?

Quick Reply: I got drug, and I'm butt hurt. Real butt hurt. Feelings hurt bad.