Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I got drug, and I'm butt hurt. Real butt hurt. Feelings hurt bad.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 01:35 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gt4urass

Nope, but it is in fact more efficient Tell me this, why do we enjoy this hobby? Why modify your car? Why bolt ons? Why cams? Why heads? All in the name of efficiency. Check mate.
You need 4cams i only need 1 hows that not more efficient?
Old 05-10-2014, 01:39 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
"efficient" is a loose term. the 5.0 has better volumetric efficiency, but loses out in other measurements of efficiency. to simply say "the 5.0 is more efficient, end of story" is intellectually dishonest.
Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Personally I don't see where needing twice as many valves, 4 times as many cams, more weight, larger package equals efficiency. I really don't don't even know why those engines are being compared. Compare the 5.0 to the new lt1. The lt is not in camaro's yet but we all know it will be. Hopefully the 5.0 makes more power by then......it's gonna need to.
I can agree with you Hammer, which is why I specified hp/ci. You are also correct Hio, and do you know why the mustang will need to make the coyote package even more efficient, because GM did the same with the LT1. It may be a little more complicated in design, but far more efficient nonetheless.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by "MAC"
You need 4cams i only need 1 hows that not more efficient?
:facepalm:
Old 05-10-2014, 01:45 PM
Banned

:facepalm:
Truth hurts don't it...
Old 05-10-2014, 02:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I really don't don't even know why those engines are being compared. Compare the 5.0 to the new lt1. The lt is not in camaro's yet but we all know it will be. Hopefully the 5.0 makes more power by then......it's gonna need to.
You are right. Let's compare what will happen in the future to a 5.0 of today.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:09 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 01MagredC5
More HP per ci does make the 5.0 more efficient...but that doesn't mean it's a better motor...and when it comes to performance, closely matched STOCK motors are only half the story when it comes to the outcome in a straight line or road course race.
Using this internet math power per liter the k-series honda 4 cyl is more efficient then the 5.0. Therefore making it the superior platform, no?

I think its about time they stopped using that argument.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:16 PM
10 Second Club

Honda guys are the biggest ones when it comes to HP/Liter and you're always bringing up hondas.....

Physics starts to jump in and just because you have a 2.0 liter making 200 hp doesn't mean the 4.0 is gonna make 400 hp......HP/Liter has to be the dumbest argument there is...
Old 05-10-2014, 02:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

hp per liter or however someone wants to measure efficiency of an engine makes zero difference to me. Run what you brung and hope you brought enough. Personally, I prefer to bring more than enough.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by adamantium
Using this internet math power per liter the k-series honda 4 cyl is more efficient then the 5.0. Therefore making it the superior platform, no?

Nobody said better platform. A more efficient and superior design, absolutely. I respect the hell out of what those cars are capable of, always have.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:38 PM
Banned

Nobody said better platform. A more efficient and superior design, absolutely. I respect the hell out of what those cars are capable of, always have.
Superior design = Superior engine.

Originally Posted by Lawhead
Honda guys are the biggest ones when it comes to HP/Liter and you're always bringing up hondas.....

Physics starts to jump in and just because you have a 2.0 liter making 200 hp doesn't mean the 4.0 is gonna make 400 hp......HP/Liter has to be the dumbest argument there is...
Coming from hondas actually this argument was only used when arguing with someone with a big v8 that makes more power (See the correlation now with the 5.0 crew vs LS) Usually when comparing to other import motors it was never brought up. Funny how i sell my civic get off honda-tech get on ls1tech and the guys whoa re talking about L/hp are the mustang guys.

BTW There are 2.6-2.7l honda engines making over 400whp N/A.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:39 PM
Teching In

Bro that is one of your problems with a lot of your arguments on here...you don't read what people type!

I never said anything about anyone having a superior platform. Yes, they Honda K-series is a more efficient motor than any 5.0, LS, or V10! Does that mean it's better? I already said no. Does that mean the platform is better? No...and I figured people would be able to deduct that from my last post.

It's not internet math...it's simply physics. Power per liter has always been the benchmark on judging what the efficiency a motor is. But that's where it ends. It doesn't really mean that much in the big scheme of things.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:42 PM
Teching In

Bro that is one of your problems with a lot of your arguments on here...you don't read what people type!

I never said anything about anyone having a superior platform. Yes, they Honda K-series is a more efficient motor than any 5.0, Ls, or V10! Does that mean it's better? I already said no. Does that mean the platform is better? Of course not.

Power per liter has always been the benchmark on judging what the efficiency a motor is. But that's where it ends. It doesn't really mean that much in the big scheme of things.
^This^
Old 05-10-2014, 02:44 PM
Banned

I never said anything about anyone having a superior platform. Yes, they Honda K-series is a more efficient motor than any 5.0, LS, or V10! Does that mean it's better? I already said no. Does that mean the platform is better? No...and I figured people would be able to deduct that from my last post.

It's not internet math...it's simply physics. Power per liter has always been the benchmark on judging what the efficiency a motor is. But that's where it ends. It doesn't really mean that much in the big scheme of things.
That flew over your head. It was a sarcastic remark directed to the 5.0 owners arguments. Hope you can grasp that.
Old 05-10-2014, 04:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

Furd guys don't want nor like the weight evened ......I'm proof of that. Look how they yak about my weigh reduction. Fucked up part is I'm still 200-300lb off a fox weight.

Other than that....some of these guys need to lay the crack pipe down.

BTW oneslow.....your 5.0 times are very optimistic from what I have seen. ....atleast at my track. Very high 12's to low 13's would be average. If your gonna use those times you might as well look up record stock runs for both cars. But that may not bode well for you. But atleast we would see the true potential of each car.
Not my times. This was from a guy that owned all 3.
Old 05-10-2014, 05:45 PM
TECH Addict

That flew over your head. It was a sarcastic remark directed to the 5.0 owners arguments. Hope you can grasp that.
His answer is correct, regardless. Hope you can grasp that...

If only you were nearly as bright as you think you are.... HONDABOY...
Old 05-10-2014, 06:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

Looks like Ford did a damn good job with the 5.0. I mean hell when you have to compare a vette to one So sad the 5th gen can't hold up lmao
Old 05-10-2014, 06:44 PM
Teching In

An LS3 Camaro SS, 6.0 GTO, and a 5.0 Coyote are all 3 a drivers race stock.

Old 05-10-2014, 06:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm gonna sell both my cars and my bike and get into RC cars, they have insane HP/Liter.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 4PointSlow
An LS3 Camaro SS, 6.0 GTO, and a 5.0 Coyote are all 3 a drivers race stock.

2006 6.0 GTO vs 2011 5.0 mustang GT - YouTube
I'd buy that for sure, all manuals, equal driver, absolutely a driver's race. I would give the 5oh a ball hair of credit up top, but absolutely a driver's race nonetheless.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Puck
I'm gonna sell both my cars and my bike and get into RC cars, they have insane HP/Liter.
It is actually a true statement. I owned a couple nice ones wayyyy back in the day

Quick Reply: I got drug, and I'm butt hurt. Real butt hurt. Feelings hurt bad.