Old 10-30-2014, 06:06 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

305 POWA!

Old 10-30-2014, 06:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 452 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95

Ford still produced a 4x3 302. Where's GM's?
We moved on to better ****. You're still still stuck with the same old ****.

you tried anyway.......lmfao
Old 10-30-2014, 06:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
We moved on to better ****. You're still still stuck with the same old ****. you tried anyway.......lmfao
GM later made the 305, that's better than their old 302???

I see simple concepts still can't be grasped by you. It's flattering that you use all of my responses, though
Old 10-30-2014, 06:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts

I love how easy that hood opened on the 3rd gen when it was new. Didn't have the third gen dance yet. Pop the hood, grab each side, right side comes up first, giggle left side while cussing, then the left side finally comes up.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:37 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gt4urass
Lol it amazes me that you and others do this. It clearly states they didn't use the most powerful camaro bc it was only offered in an auto. Yet it also clearly states they DID use the most powerful mustang gt smh
Old 10-30-2014, 06:37 PM
10 Second Club

Not sure when the 305 ho (190hp) carbed motor started but i know it was available with the 5speed. They shoulda used the more powerful 305 for the shootout.......kinda lame that they didn't.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts

I'll just leave this here....

Old 10-30-2014, 06:41 PM
10 Second Club

GM later made the 305, that's better than their old 302???

I see simple concepts still can't be grasped by you. It's flattering that you use all of my responses, though
Oh I just do it to **** with you. Your responses are so lame and reaching I throw them back at you with facts.......it eats up and all you can do is make up more ****.

Originally Posted by "MAC"
Lol it amazes me that you and others do this. It clearly states they didn't use the most powerful camaro bc it was only offered in an auto. Yet it also clearly states they DID use the most powerful mustang gt smh
Come on mac......there you go throwing the facts around.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 166 Likes on 116 Posts

Throws head specifics on it to detract from the truth, if the motor was worth a **** why did they scrap it altogether?

Ford still produced a 4x3 302. Where's GM's?

You tried, anyway.
nothing that you're saying makes sense.

why did ford scrap the Cleveland 302? why did chevy scrap the DZ 302?

simple. the ONLY reason that these engines were available to the public was because the trans am racing series required them to use a production engine. so both ford any chevy had to produce so many consumer cars with that engine. that rule disappeared around 1970. and the 302's disappeared. and don't even act like a Cleveland 302 was anything like a regular run of the mill 302.

ford still makes a 302 because they have a hard time building larger DOHC engines and meet CAFE regulations since their large CI engine are quite hopeless on fuel.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:11 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn..those were some good videos! All those cars were pretty impressive and produced some good ET/Traps and Lap speeds. Good chit.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:25 PM
***Repost Police***

Come on mac......there you go throwing the facts around.
They wanted to do a comparison of manual transmission cars. Some people (myself included) won't buy automatic sports/pony cars. So they did a comparison of the cars you could buy that fit that criteria. Both of you constantly go looking for fights.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:27 PM
Staging Lane

Oh I just do it to **** with you. Your responses are so lame and reaching I throw them back at you with facts.......it eats up and all you can do is make up more ****.
You are literally laughed at because all you do is type these types of responses with NO substance when you're wrong. I imagine you as a senile person mumbling to yourself when you type the **** that you do

You don't provide facts, you provide your personal bias and are proven wrong multiple times a day. I appreciate the flattery, though, that or it's just a general display of your lack of creativity.

Originally Posted by big hammer

simple. the ONLY reason that these engines were available to the public was because the trans am racing series required them to use a production engine. so both ford any chevy had to produce so many consumer cars with that engine. that rule disappeared around 1970. and the 302's disappeared. and don't even act like a Cleveland 302 was anything like a regular run of the mill 302.

ford still makes a 302 because they have a hard time building larger DOHC engines and meet CAFE regulations since their large CI engine are quite hopeless on fuel.
I'm honestly asking, though, why did Chevy scrap the 302? If it seemed like a good motor and showed promise, why not keep mass producing it with street friendly heads? I honestly don't know why they didn't, I think it could have been great. Why did they later use designs like the 305, also, and not the old 302?

While on the racing front, though, how many 24 hours of Le Mans victories does GM have, since we're talking about 60s racing? Just curious...you know, the one considered the most prestigious racing event.

Not getting into a gas mileage discussion, either ...

Last edited by snake95; 10-30-2014 at 07:36 PM.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Irunelevens

They wanted to do a comparison of manual transmission cars. Some people (myself included) won't buy automatic sports/pony cars. So they did a comparison of the cars you could buy that fit that criteria. Both of you constantly go looking for fights.
And you don't? Yet he was being sarcastic and i just stated the obvious. I like fair comparisons and we all know they usually don't do those
Old 10-30-2014, 07:42 PM
***Repost Police***

And you don't? Yet he was being sarcastic and i just stated the obvious. I like fair comparisons and we all know they usually don't do those
He posted a video that is DIRECTLY related to the topic at hand. A 305 F-body vs. a 302 Mustang.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:50 PM
Staging Lane

He posted a video that is DIRECTLY related to the topic at hand. A 305 F-body vs. a 302 Mustang.
Why bother with him...
Old 10-30-2014, 07:51 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JC316
Lol at 14.3 @ 93 for the stang. ........can you say ringer? Hey snake did mustangs slow down .8 from 85 to 86?.....or do you really suck that bad at driving? Lmao

btw....both the 305s beat your time.
Originally Posted by big hammer

Hey hammer. .....why did model t's fall of the face of the earth? Hey hammer....why did furd stop making 302's and replace them with anemic 4.6's? Hey hammer.....why does snake say such stupid ****?
Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
Damn..those were some good videos! All those cars were pretty impressive and produced some good ET/Traps and Lap speeds. Good chit.
Typical times for those cars are high 14's low 15's. The 350 fcars could get to mid 14s....and that was common.
So if one car is down 50hp to the other cause it has a 5speed you will still want it?? Cause that's the #'s you're looking at. Notice in the second vid T he auto wins on the road course. Then think how much more it would've beat them by with a stick.
You are literally laughed at because all you do is type these types of responses with NO substance when you're wrong. I imagine you as a senile person mumbling to yourself when you type the **** that you do

You don't provide facts, you provide your personal bias and are proven wrong multiple times a day. I appreciate the flattery, though, that or it's just a general display of your lack of creativity.

I'm honestly asking, though, why did Chevy scrap the 302? If it seemed like a good motor and showed promise, why not keep mass producing it with street friendly heads? I honestly don't know why they didn't, I think it could have been great. Why did they later use designs like the 305, also, and not the old 302?

While on the racing front, though, how many 24 hours of Le Mans victories does GM have, since we're talking about 60s racing? Just curious...you know, the one considered the most prestigious racing event.

Not getting into a gas mileage discussion, either ...
Lol.....more babbling bullshit. So again why is your car .8 slower than the car tested in the second vid? Do you really suck that bad?
Old 10-30-2014, 07:53 PM
Banned

Yet one wasn't the most powerful the other was. After all like you said the topic is 305 vs 302 so why didn't they use the most powerful of both instead of using the most powerful mustang gt to the 2nd most powerful camaro?
Old 10-30-2014, 07:55 PM
Banned

Why bother with him...[/QUOTE]

Yet all i did was state the truth. Yea its my fault that he posted an inaccurate vid
Old 10-30-2014, 07:57 PM
Staging Lane

Lmfao Hio talk to your boy Hammer about his 305 that's 2 tenths and 3mph slower stock . I made 3 runs that night, too, I don't get 18 in a night like you and the guys down south. I'm lucky if I get 5.

It's funny how easy it is to tell I'm under your skin...oh little Dougie... my first time to the track with it bone stock and I'm expected to run mag times Like I asked yesterday, are you all there?
Old 10-30-2014, 08:05 PM
Banned

Lmfao Hio talk to your boy Hammer about his 305 that's 2 tenths and 3mph slower stock . I made 3 runs that night, too, I don't get 18 in a night like you and the guys down south. I'm lucky if I get 5.

It's funny how easy it is to tell I'm under your skin...oh little Dougie... my first time to the track with it bone stock and I'm expected to run mag times Like I asked yesterday, are you all there?
Are you really comparing your prepped track to the street?

Quick Reply: calling out snake95\ other 5.0's!