Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

calling out snake95\ other 5.0's!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 07:40 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by "MAC"
I did hence why i asked the question. As you were.
Then I guess you just lack reading comprehension, as usual. He was specifically talking about how close Ford and GM engines have always been *when there wasn't a displacement advantage." A 1.1l displacement difference is a pretty large advantage. So of course the NPI 2V and the LT1 weren't close at all, and neither were the PI 2V and the LS1. In my humble opinion, as soon as the 2V was put into the Mustang GT it should have gone to the PI setup. And then the 3V should have debuted in '99. But they obviously were just worried about selling cars.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Then I guess you just lack reading comprehension, as usual. He was specifically talking about how close Ford and GM engines have always been *when there wasn't a displacement advantage." A 1.1l displacement difference is a pretty large advantage. So of course the NPI 2V and the LT1 weren't close at all, and neither were the PI 2V and the LS1. In my humble opinion, as soon as the 2V was put into the Mustang GT it should have gone to the PI setup. And then the 3V should have debuted in '99. But they obviously were just worried about selling cars.
If the non PI never existed, it wouldn't have been so bad. Ford just pulled a major boner there.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:47 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by big hammer
If the non PI never existed, it wouldn't have been so bad. Ford just pulled a major boner there.
Agreed. They were torquey enough to be fun in 1st and 2nd gear, and sound wonderful, but the NPI H/C/I is all-but worthless. If the PI motor debuted in '96, the GT/F-bodies would have been very close in performance.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

ordered moar parts Sean.
Becuz racekAr!!
Old 11-10-2014, 07:57 PM
Banned

My step mom had a 4.6 M5 GT mustang, when i was 17 i thought it was pretty fast. It sounded amazing though with the straight pipes. Looking back now it definitely was all show and no go if you will.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Lt1 and Ls1 were designed for a sports car. Non pi 2 valve was for mid level pony car,sedans and trucks. It did what it was suppose to do despite us hating them
Old 11-10-2014, 07:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Irunelevens

Yup i jumped the gun a bit. I saw NA and him saying they have always been close. My bad. As i was lol
Old 11-10-2014, 08:02 PM
Launching!

you aren't running full weight either.
Stop splitting hairs. The only ET gained from the wheel/tire swap was purely in being able to hook. Some of us experienced members had a discussion about this in the "Drag Racing Tech" section. Go have a read..

Thought all bolt on 5.0s run 10s?
Quote me saying that. If you can't quote it...
Shut the **** up and go fix your broken ****. Thanks

Originally Posted by ZNix
Not what I was saying. I said that the R/T beam is what triggers the ET clock. The 60-foot timer was probably inconsistent. It looks to me like a 10.71 with a 1.5x 60-foot is not unbelievable with his mph... His reaction time looks to be correct on the slip at least. Its similar to the 5.0 that he raced in the other lane. This is consistent with the story of Hio, the 5.0 guy and 92cobranotch, where Hio stayed with the guy on launch. It all looks pretty good to me. The 60-foot is obviously bullshit...

Im with you Guitar. The run may be one of those hero runs. It wasn't supported with another similar slip. But most peopple consider one of those unicorn slips as their personal best... So, I can't really say that he should throw it out... Hell I've only had one 11.3 at 120mph slip ever... But that's my personal best on a 1.72 60-foot.
You are correct.. the RT beam triggers the ET clock. Only problem is the RT beam started late.. Look at the slip - he had a worse RT than the guy he was racing, yet he claimed to be out front by a good bit until the 330. If you go read the thread in the "10 second club" forum you will see what his story was. He didn't claim to "keep pace" with the guy cutting 1.45 60 fts with a quicker reaction time

While his MPH is high it seems the car is lacking in the mid range by how poorly it ETs. It's not just about the 60 ft.. It's a 10.9's car, just not a 10.7's car. If a car runs a number it should be able to back it up that same day. Any NHRA class record holders are required to make a second pass within a few hundredths of the record time. There is a reason for that.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:10 PM
10 Second Club

Poor Spaz be freaking out.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:11 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PA94Z
That's the problem... I do nothing but get around bolt on LS1's - I need a challenge. I am getting bored
you want a challenge? Ride down. We aren't far away. You can run this pile of jjunkyard parts I have!!!.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
you want a challenge? Ride down. We aren't far away. You can run this pile of jjunkyard parts I have!!!.
He thinks he is better than everyone he'll bitch out with a pathetic excuse man. After all he thinks his 12s 5.0 is faster than hios camaro lol
Old 11-10-2014, 08:17 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd love to drag a bolt on 5.0 with my bolt on truck motor.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:17 PM
Launching!

We are talking street cars bud.. not frankenstein hooptys. Where is that 11 second hero run bolt on LS ride you had? That would be a good race for my ****.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:20 PM
Launching!

He thinks he is better than everyone he'll bitch out with a pathetic excuse man. After all he thinks his 12s 5.0 is faster than hios camaro lol
I don't mean to come off as having a "better than" attitude... I truly am not that way. I just have little patience for people who tap there keyboard instead of practicing what they preach.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Stop splitting hairs. The only ET gained from the wheel/tire swap was purely in being able to hook. Some of us experienced members had a discussion about this in the "Drag Racing Tech" section. Go have a read..

Quote me saying that. If you can't quote it...
Shut the **** up and go fix your broken ****. Thanks

You are correct.. the RT beam triggers the ET clock. Only problem is the RT beam started late.. Look at the slip - he had a worse RT than the guy he was racing, yet he claimed to be out front by a good bit until the 330. If you go read the thread in the "10 second club" forum you will see what his story was. He didn't claim to "keep pace" with the guy cutting 1.45 60 fts with a quicker reaction time

While his MPH is high it seems the car is lacking in the mid range by how poorly it ETs. It's not just about the 60 ft.. It's a 10.9's car, just not a 10.7's car. If a car runs a number it should be able to back it up that same day. Any NHRA class record holders are required to make a second pass within a few hundredths of the record time. There is a reason for that.
Huge ******* difference between a drag car backing up a time and a under tired m6 street car doin it on a dr. I can make the car run consistent. .....but that was nit my goal for running that day. I was trying different launches and tire pressures seeing where it led. I think I found the sweet spot.....but still tough to duplicate.
Poor Spaz be freaking out.
Dude is always freakin out.
He would his car if he got outran by a pickup truck motored turdgen.......lol

ell.....not if. He would get outran.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

We are talking street cars bud.. not frankenstein hooptys. Where is that 11 second hero run bolt on LS ride you had? That would be a good race for my ****.
He parted it out....like a ******* idiot.

Don't be skeered of the turdgen....... it won't hurt much.

so now you admit a mild bolt-on ls1 is a good run for you. That is noted.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Huge ******* difference between a drag car backing up a time and a under tired m6 street car doin it on a dr. I can make the car run consistent. .....but that was nit my goal for running that day. I was trying different launches and tire pressures seeing where it led. I think I found the sweet spot.....but still tough to duplicate.
Yeak OK... So you were under the belief that your car ran 1.26 to the 60, and 10.7... but felt there was some tweaking that needed done... Maybe get you to the 1.1X range right? Riiiightt! Who are you kidding? You ******* tried hard as **** to duplicate that run, but couldn't. Get within .1 and we'll let you keep that time as legit.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:32 PM
Banned

I don't mean to come off as having a "better than" attitude... I truly am not that way. I just have little patience for people who tap there keyboard instead of practicing what they preach.
Cars break down all the time man idk why you and others think the opposite of that.
Hell i even raced it with a poor running engine hence my 8th mile ET and Trap speed. To think i have zero experience would be wrong. I didn't build the engine the second time merely bought the parts and helped bolt up the rest that needed to be done. I still don't have the space or the tools to do everything myself. Once the shop is built though i will. Bit that's 2 years from now. No worries man my car will be fixed soon enough.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:33 PM
Banned

Yeak OK... So you were under the belief that your car ran 1.26 to the 60, and 10.7... but felt there was some tweaking that needed done... Maybe get you to the 1.1X range right? Riiiightt! Who are you kidding? You ******* tried hard as **** to duplicate that run, but couldn't. Get within .1 and we'll let you keep that time as legit.
Actually he said he doesn't believe the 1.26 60' a few times...
Old 11-10-2014, 08:34 PM
10 Second Club

You guys should go gay up the BS thread. This is the 80's 5.0 call out thread

Quick Reply: calling out snake95\ other 5.0's!