Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

F355 and zo6

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 08:27 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talking F355 and zo6

Last week my buddy w/ a brand new z06 came out to the tracks and brought along his friend w/ a ferrari F355. This 2 guys are more in to scca.. His zo6 is bone stock, not sure bout the ferari though. I lined up w/ both cars for time trials. First was the zo6 my 12.50's 115 to his 12.9's 111-112. Second was the F355 my 12.6's 115 to his 13.7 104. I was like wtf thought those cars were fast. It was his first time too so.... Loved it when it when I was on return lane and spectators were yelling a "camaro beat a ferrari" . they made my day.lol

This guy(allan) w/ the ferari also has a lamborghini sl. the lambo and the zo6 raced on the highway heres the vid. If link does not work, zo6vette.com has the vid. There was also a huge argument @ zo6vette.com about this race I think 30 pages long. lol http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/foru...tml?1086393737

Mark
Old 06-08-2004, 02:46 PM
NKAWTG...N

he got a 355 to run 12.9's? thats really really good. 355's really any faster than our cars stock to stock. its just got that ferrari mystique already going for it so everyone thinks its god like. its only got like 320 bhp or something. but great kill, and i see that guy allan with the lambo and ferrari on beyondthequarter.com all the time. seems like a decent extremely rich guy. i want his cars
Old 06-08-2004, 03:02 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks. The 355 was doing 13's @ about 104-106 traps
Old 06-08-2004, 05:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Allan posts on Supraforums if Im not mistaken.. His Lamborghini is really fricken sweet!!
Old 06-09-2004, 03:21 AM
pdd
TECH Veteran

nice runs. i'd take the ferrari though, even if its a snail
Old 06-09-2004, 11:53 AM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by pdd
nice runs. i'd take the ferrari though, even if its a snail
Old 06-09-2004, 06:42 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Exotic kills are always fun. I'd rather be driving the slower exotic though.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:25 PM
STF Veteran

eh, depends totally on which exotic it is.

For the most part, I'd rather have some frankenstein creation of a fast car built up according to my own dreams than something that is just "hand credit card with $500,000 limit to preppy snotty salesman, drive away with fast car off showroom floor". You know, somethin like a juiced 7L ls1 dropped in an rx-7, or a bigass turbo 387ci t/a... etc.

If on the other hand, it was a Saleen S7, an F50 (or an enzo), or maybe even a Noble M12 (not in the same league with the other two, but i still got a jonesin for it), I might have to reconsider.

And I completely exempt any current or future Twin turbo 427 vette from LPE from the above statements.

mmmmm... twin turbo LS2 C6.... *Drooooooool*
Old 06-09-2004, 09:13 PM
TECH Regular

I'm thinking something sick like a carbon fiber body 69 camaro w/ aluminum subframes. Twin turbo 383 C5R block under the stock hood... Pull up next to some lambo and be like, what's up biatch?! My girlfriend likes exotics, I'll stick with the muscle cars.
Old 06-11-2004, 10:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

guys,

why do you think only about dumb *** straight line performance?

Slow exotics? Take it to the real track and not street-racing-drag track, sheesh what an ignorance...
Old 06-11-2004, 12:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TomQ
guys,

Slow exotics? Take it to the real track and not street-racing-drag track, sheesh what an ignorance...
Until you said sheesh what an ignorance I was going to take your point half seriously...
Old 06-11-2004, 02:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

guys,

The problem is, the car we are discussing was GREAT in its time. Just like the ZR1 Vette used to dominate during its time, and continues to hold its own, newer stuff is just getting better every year. I would say the Z06 is capable of proving itself on the race track as well as the dragstrip. Not downplaying the 355 one bit, but I wouldnt downplay the Z06 either if I were you.
Old 06-12-2004, 10:52 AM
STF Veteran

guys,

wha? are you high? who are you talking about? the original poster? he didn't bring the 355 to the drag strip, the OWNER did, in which case comapring 1/4 mile times is completely valid... because that's where they were!

if on the other hand you were talking about some of the responses, for instance mine, then now i understand. i'm sure an ls1-powered rx7, a noble m12, and a saleen s7 can't turn for **** on a real track, right?
Old 06-12-2004, 11:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Now I am a big fan of well handling cars, but how often do people take their cars compared to the "race track" compared to those that take them too the drag strip. I would imagine more people are into drag racing... and this is what was going on... 1/4 mile performance. We all know that the exotics handle really well, whats your point? that was not what this thread was started about... Don't get all huffy because we dont say how the exotic is better at something that is irrelevant to the conversation.

As for me, Im sure some ofyou know what I would pick for an exotic... First choice: Porsche Carrera GT... Second choice: Porsche 911 GT2... I guess Im just a little partial to the Germans.

Oh, and I think that a Z06 would probably lose by a decent margin if it was to race on a road course or something like that with some exotics... I know that the Z06 handles really well and all that, but some of these exotics are pure bred track cars, MADE for that kind of racing... but again, this isnt really relevant to our conversation...
Old 06-12-2004, 12:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I track my car everytime i have time. Such track events usually cost me about 500 bucks each - that's why people can not afford to track their cars and "prefer" drag strip instead. But trust me - it is 100% more fun than to have your car on a staight line for 10 seconds - since i get 30 mins of straights and tweesties all day long.

PS. i eat porches, bmw's and other crap at the track - NOTICE - in my group only

Try it twice - you will be possessed

Originally Posted by MillaTK
Now I am a big fan of well handling cars, but how often do people take their cars compared to the "race track" compared to those that take them too the drag strip. I would imagine more people are into drag racing... and this is what was going on... 1/4 mile performance. We all know that the exotics handle really well, whats your point? that was not what this thread was started about... Don't get all huffy because we dont say how the exotic is better at something that is irrelevant to the conversation.

As for me, Im sure some ofyou know what I would pick for an exotic... First choice: Porsche Carrera GT... Second choice: Porsche 911 GT2... I guess Im just a little partial to the Germans.

Oh, and I think that a Z06 would probably lose by a decent margin if it was to race on a road course or something like that with some exotics... I know that the Z06 handles really well and all that, but some of these exotics are pure bred track cars, MADE for that kind of racing... but again, this isnt really relevant to our conversation...
Old 06-12-2004, 02:15 PM
TECH Junkie

I track my car everytime i have time. Such track events usually cost me about 500 bucks each - that's why people can not afford to track their cars and "prefer" drag strip instead. But trust me - it is 100% more fun than to have your car on a staight line for 10 seconds - since i get 30 mins of straights and tweesties all day long.

PS. i eat porches, bmw's and other crap at the track - NOTICE - in my group only

Try it twice - you will be possessed
Haha, yeah, that is definitely a contributing factor... the cost. I know I really love going around some twisties in my little jetta... Probably more fun than trying to go fast in a straight line, but thats a whole different form of racing... I think I would enjoy both. What car you got?
Old 06-12-2004, 02:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

FYI the current Z06 has done something that Porsche has never done...lap Nuremburgring in under 8 minutes with a production automobile
Old 06-12-2004, 03:58 PM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by slt200mph
FYI the current Z06 has done something that Porsche has never done...lap Nuremburgring in under 8 minutes with a production automobile
true. and the skyline fanatics hate it too, cause they thought they had bragging rights on that.

assuming equally skilled drivers, i'd put money on a z06 beating a 355 on road course as well as the strip. may not be by much, but i think the z06 would win. it is a tremendously underrated car by the rest of the world's standards (Although it may actually be overrated by fanboys here in the US).
Old 06-12-2004, 08:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What car you got?
'03 Z06 with TR224/114 cam and FLP LTs and airfilter, otherwise stock
Old 06-12-2004, 11:26 PM
TECH Junkie

nice close-to-stock car you got there