Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Poppacap vs mappins!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 01:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver

Bitemark is a ****** idiot. I called that years ago. Even worse is he is closed minded to any opnion but his own. Maybe that's why his race car can't get past a 11.5.
You're right. I'm the idiot. lol. Is it because I:

- thought my car went 1.26 60' on DR's with only 417rwhp.
- Didn't know where are what the neutral centerline was.
- Didn't drill holes in my axle hubs for "weight reduction"
- Shall I go on? I have more.

I am far from closed minded. I unlike you try and help people on this site by posting in the DR section to help out fbody owners get their car faster at the track. Funny I don't see you posting much anywhere but here. Why is that?

Why don't you start a poll to see who is the bigger idiot? I guarantee you won't like the results. lol.

You keeping going back to my ride which I find funny. Shows I'm getting under your skin. I built it with my bare hands in my garage. How much wrenching did you do on your LS6 or that FP tranny? lol. Thought so.

I'll be getting my 9 sec license this summer. Maybe you'll get yours in another 10yrs.... and another motor.

My apologies Poppa and Mappins for dirtying up the thread.

-Mark
Old 03-31-2016, 01:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Great video hio. What does it do at the strip?
Old 03-31-2016, 01:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

That's ok mappins is too cool for school anyways, he dipped outta here
Old 03-31-2016, 01:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
Stfu, you're a ******' idiot. Hypocritical *****.
My knee grow!
Old 03-31-2016, 01:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

I bet hio could get 6-7 tenths out of marks car easy
Old 03-31-2016, 01:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

I'm not asking you to pick sides......there really is no side here. The advancement in technology will change your mind on its own. These guys are tryin to specify one area where the development of one suspension since the horse and buggy debut might be better with no actual proof of it being better besides theories.

I simply have a open mind ans since there are no more sra cars out and 0-60 times are reduced and putting power down out of a corner is better my only conclusion can be irs makes better traction......period

Now by the time you want to backbrace your sra, weld arb to the alxe tube (not advised on half shafts unlike bitemark advised) and put a big enough set of slicks on it you couldn't spin on ice then yes sra can be competitive.

But is it better like they claim? Their argument seems weak
Not really picking sides, the points you make are still valid. And, I agree we are going to see some huge improvements with IRS in the near future (especially when the aftermarket gets more involved). The biggest issue I see now is the inherent deflection in the IRS components that are basically non existent in SRA, making it better suited for drag purposes.
Old 03-31-2016, 01:30 PM
TECH Addict

man if Hio had IRS he'd be so fayast
Old 03-31-2016, 01:43 PM
10 Second Club

I think cam only c5z was pulling 1.3x 60' on a radial
Old 03-31-2016, 01:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by big hammer
I bet hio could get 6-7 tenths out of marks car easy
He'd probably gain at least 2 seconds just from switching to IRS.
Old 03-31-2016, 01:53 PM
10 Second Club

I like your optimism!
Old 03-31-2016, 01:58 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah man. Did you know you can change chamber with IRS? It can change while you launch too! Super helpful.
Old 03-31-2016, 02:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ThoR294
Yeah man. Did you know you can change chamber with IRS? It can change while you launch too! Super helpful.
It's a shame he doesn't practice what he preaches though.

Claims his car was built for auto-x, uses SRA.

Claims IRS will do better at the strip, still uses SRA.

Would love to see Hio hit 8.9 with a .9 60ft if he would just swap in the beloved IRS.
Old 03-31-2016, 03:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
You're right. I'm the idiot. lol. Is it because I:

- thought my car went 1.26 60' on DR's with only 417rwhp.
- Didn't know where are what the neutral centerline was.
- Didn't drill holes in my axle hubs for "weight reduction"
- Shall I go on? I have more.

I am far from closed minded. I unlike you try and help people on this site by posting in the DR section to help out fbody owners get their car faster at the track. Funny I don't see you posting much anywhere but here. Why is that?

Why don't you start a poll to see who is the bigger idiot? I guarantee you won't like the results. lol.

You keeping going back to my ride which I find funny. Shows I'm getting under your skin. I built it with my bare hands in my garage. How much wrenching did you do on your LS6 or that FP tranny? lol. Thought so.

I'll be getting my 9 sec license this summer. Maybe you'll get yours in another 10yrs.... and another motor.

My apologies Poppa and Mappins for dirtying up the thread.

-Mark
Yea ....i am right and You're a idiot. And it seems you like to stretch the truth as i told you about neutral. Remember you're the one that didn't think a irs car could have anti squat......and to validate that you think it can't have a arb either. You are ****** clueless dude.

I've did all the wrenching on my car sans sending the t56 to liberty......and i have fixed that once since. Nice reach tho.....as if i don't have enough pics of mods or explanations of mods on here. You tried....you ended up lookin stupid trying but you tried.

Your heep don't get under my skin. I find it laughable really.

Yea you help people alot around here. Post count anyone? Last time i remember seeing you post in the dr section MWC was telling you a tq arm car don't work like that. You should really just stick to putting big enough tires on your car that you know your weak *** engine can't turn.
Stfu, you're a ******' idiot. Hypocritical *****.
Originally Posted by Bitemark46
My knee grow!
Lolz.....you have nate on your side dude

He's the kid that ends up being last on team picks
Originally Posted by zz4camaro1980
Not really picking sides, the points you make are still valid. And, I agree we are going to see some huge improvements with IRS in the near future (especially when the aftermarket gets more involved). The biggest issue I see now is the inherent deflection in the IRS components that are basically non existent in SRA, making it better suited for drag purposes.
The deflection....which I'm assuming you mean in the bushings can be fixed with rod ends /solid bushings/ radius rods just like in any other suspension. Adjustments can also be made to irs to preload the settings if desired.....like a little toe in to help keep the car stable up top.

That big piece of steel we call a sra flexes to. The problem there is you can't really do anything about it besudes backbrace it. You are really more at the mercy of the tire to absorb than you are adjustments you have made to counter it.

I would also think irs would have to virtually eliminate tire shake as the tire resonance are no longer directly attached. Just a theory tho....it may have no effect at all.
There is no doubt it would be a better overall car with a good system.
Originally Posted by ThoR294
I guess you didn't watch the vid.

So how much deflection does a sra have? Can you control it? Did you know toe can change too?

Did you know all of that can be adjusted for with irs? And not sra
It's a shame he doesn't practice what he preaches though.

Claims his car was built for auto-x, uses SRA.

Claims IRS will do better at the strip, still uses SRA.

Would love to see Hio hit 8.9 with a .9 60ft if he would just swap in the beloved IRS.
It was easy and cost effective. A sra can handle well too. There are no set rules in stone here.

Which why i said there is no clear line that sra is better than irs in drag racing. And we all know it's not as good at anything else.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 03-31-2016 at 03:57 PM.
Old 03-31-2016, 03:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
I think cam only c5z was pulling 1.3x 60' on a radial
Irs and ls6 ftw
Old 03-31-2016, 04:22 PM
11 Second Club

Yea ....i am right and You're a idiot. And it seems you like to stretch the truth as i told you about neutral. Remember you're the one that didn't think a irs car could have anti squat......and to validate that you think it can't have a arb either. You are ****** clueless dude.
LMAO. I asked you where and you said neutral. Thats like someone asking you where you live and you respond by saying "earth". hahaha. You never called it the neutral center line which that is the ACTUAL name its called.

Every car has AS you dolt. Some more so than others. Every car has a neutral centerline. Show me where I said "IRS cars have no AS". I'll wait.

As far as ARB's on IRS. I know on the body where it mounts but where on the rear? No worry, I found this. This is from one of company (Pfadt Racing) that make parts for some of the fastest vettes in the country (or so they say) .

And I quote: "Pfadt Camaro Balance Rear Sway Bar will make the IRS behave more like a solid axle by keeping the rear control arms in line. What happens on launch is the right rear compresses and the left rear lifts; the bar will help minimize this greatly."

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...04&postcount=3

So basically their bar is designed to turn an IRA rear into yup.... you guessed it... a SRA.

I've did all the wrenching on my car sans sending the t56 to liberty......and i have fixed that once since. Nice reach tho.....as if i don't have enough pics of mods or explanations of mods on here. You tried....you ended up lookin stupid trying but you tried.
wrenches on his own T56.... sends it to liberty. Seems legit. lol. Nice deflect on wrenching on that LS6. Deflection noted. lol When I blew my stock tranny I pulled it apart, bought a used 3rd gear and cluster shaft and later model shift forks and reinstalled it myself. Still syncroed shifts at 7500. No clunky clunk here.

The deflection....which I'm assuming you mean in the bushings can be fixed with rod ends /solid bushings/ radius rods just like in any other suspension. Adjustments can also be made to irs to preload the settings if desired.....like a little toe in to help keep the car stable up top.
Wrong again Napoleon. He is referring to the inherent design of the IRS half shafts movement on the hit. At static the axles and diff are parallel. When the diff dips on the hit, what direction do you think the half shafts are now pointing?

Here is a clue .... they are connected to the diff and the diff is where? lol.

LOL. Bushings he says. You just proved you have no idea what he and I are talking about.

Like shooting fish in a barrel.
Old 03-31-2016, 05:02 PM
TECH Addict

^

Poppacap vs mappins!-iehh7fu.jpg
Old 03-31-2016, 05:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Mark with some brains
Old 03-31-2016, 05:19 PM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

I'd like to see an IRS go a .9 60'
Old 03-31-2016, 06:27 PM
On The Tree

Your heep don't get under my skin. I find it laughable really.

Yea you help people alot around here. Post count anyone? Last time i remember seeing you post in the dr section MWC was telling you a tq arm car don't work like that. You should really just stick to putting big enough tires on your car that you know your weak *** engine can't turn.

Lolz.....you have nate on your side dude

He's the kid that ends up being last on team picks

That big piece of steel we call a sra flexes to. The problem there is you can't really do anything about it besudes backbrace it. You are really more at the mercy of the tire to absorb than you are adjustments you have made to counter it.

I would also think irs would have to virtually eliminate tire shake as the tire resonance are no longer directly attached. Just a theory tho....it may have no effect at all.

There is no doubt it would be a better overall car with a good system.

I guess you didn't watch the vid.

So how much deflection does a sra have? Can you control it? Did you know toe can change too?

Did you know all of that can be adjusted for with irs? And not sra

It was easy and cost effective. A sra can handle well too. There are no set rules in stone here.

Which why i said there is no clear line that sra is better than irs in drag racing. And we all know it's not as good at anything else.

Old 03-31-2016, 06:33 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like IRS.

Quick Reply: Poppacap vs mappins!