Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2v mustang gt vs ls1

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 02:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Mappins I have a fourth of a drag pack for you, lol. One 15x4 ProStar in good shape, one 15x4 ProStar "slightly" bent.

Edit: by slightly, I mean badly.
Old 06-03-2016, 02:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by JC316
I get it, if you're not sure that the mods did anything, then they don't exist. Well, I am not SURE that my cam added any power since I didn't have a before and after dyno, so my car is still stock.

Not sure if the blower added power, cause hey, I never dynoed or ran it on the track to be 100% certain.

Bottom line, you're a lying little bitch that will say or do anything to make an LS1 look better than it actually is. Myth busted.

I went 131 with a lid set up.......How much you think a lid is holding back a 116mph car?

Or better yet how much you think my bolt ls6 will gain goin to a **** pipe set up like that?

The only thing busted here is my nut in yo mouth bitch.....that's why you keep saying stupid **** like a bitch.

You cam may have very well did nothing for you vs that car. Since you have no ******* clue it could have very well slowed your dumbass down.

Now are you ever gonna post anything worthwhile?

Last edited by HioSSilver; 06-03-2016 at 02:44 PM.
Old 06-03-2016, 02:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL. The tires cost twice the metal rim!

I just found out my trans cooler lines were crossed. Was not even cooling my trans. Switched them, went out and did some 90 degree driving and the shifts stayed peachy. I can't believe this!
Old 06-03-2016, 03:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I went 131 with a lid set up.......How much you think a lid is holding back a 116mph car?

Or better yet how much you think my bolt ls6 will gain goin to a **** pipe set up like that?

The only thing busted here is my nut in yo mouth bitch.....that's why you keep saying stupid **** like a bitch.

You cam may have very well did nothing for you vs that car. Since you have no ******* clue it could have very well slowed your dumbass down.

Now are you ever gonna post anything worthwhile?
Keep digging that hole there Hio, again, you're the guy that lost his **** when I didn't mention a spec clutch, which guaranteed didn't add any power. You also lost your **** because of Poppa's drag springs.

I've already proved that you're a liar, you've lost any credibility that you had. Best thing for you is to bow out of this thread and move on.

That car had a ported ls6 intake, my granitelli maf, 3.73 gears, udp, spec clutch and i forget which catback......stock tune other than egr turned off and speedo corrected.
And he has his own drag pak. We used my rears after i broke a axle that day. Beca6the m&h dr is better than his 555r's

I only talk about poppa drag pak because idiots like you want to compare his car to stock sexgen.
Old 06-03-2016, 03:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep digging that hole there Hio, again, you're the guy that lost his **** when I didn't mention a spec clutch, which guaranteed didn't add any power. You also lost your **** because of Poppa's drag springs.

I've already proved that you're a liar, you've lost any credibility that you had. Best thing for you is to bow out of this thread and move on.
Do you even have anything that's remotely quick?
Old 06-03-2016, 04:36 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JCmuhbitch316

The only thing you proved is that you're a ****** moron dude. Point made in your post.....you're worried about power. I'm worried about acceleration muh bitch.

Tell us more about your wicked bad na 2v.
Originally Posted by *Tips Fedora*
Well he has a wicked bad bolt on 2v that beats up on all the ls stuff.

Dude must know something
Old 06-03-2016, 05:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mappinsj
LOL. The tires cost twice the metal rim!

I just found out my trans cooler lines were crossed. Was not even cooling my trans. Switched them, went out and did some 90 degree driving and the shifts stayed peachy. I can't believe this!
If you got them mixed I assume you have an aftermarket cooler, and it wouldn't really do much different since it's a pressurized system....
Old 06-03-2016, 05:12 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Lawhead
If you got them mixed I assume you have an aftermarket cooler, and it wouldn't really do much different since it's a pressurized system....
Its actually making a ridiculous world of a difference. The fluid was going through the cooler too quickly. I read https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...0e-f-body.html that it was supposed to go from bottom up.

I swapped the lines and now the shifts stay crisp!
Attached Thumbnails 2v mustang gt vs ls1-a4-cooler.jpg  
Old 06-03-2016, 05:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 242 Posts

At wot there is about 210 psi of line pressure. I do not think if the fluid is running down hill or up hill threw the coolers it will make much of a difference.

What lines did you switch around?
Old 06-03-2016, 05:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by *Tips Fedora*
Define remotely quick. As of right now I have a slow as ***** 6.5L diesel truck, a slow as ***** 69 buick convertible, and my WS6, which I have no idea how quick it is.

In the past I had an extremely modified ATV that would have kept up with Hio's car very easily. Specifically designed for drag racing, thing was stupid fast.

The only thing you proved is that you're a ****** moron dude. Point made in your post.....you're worried about power. I'm worried about acceleration muh bitch.

Tell us more about your wicked bad na 2v.

Well he has a wicked bad bolt on 2v that beats up on all the ls stuff.

Dude must know something

I think you're a moron, you think I'm a moron. Don't think we are getting anywhere.
Old 06-03-2016, 05:31 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 98CayenneT/A
At wot there is about 210 psi of line pressure. I do not think if the fluid is running down hill or up hill threw the coolers it will make much of a difference.

What lines did you switch around?
It now feeds hot fluid into the bottom of the cooler. It is how its suppose to be run. It allows more time for the hot fluid to cool. I should have done it this way in the first place. It literally drives better.
Old 06-03-2016, 05:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's going to be the same time regardless with 210 PSI of pressure dude.

How's it give it more time if it's he same cooler....
Old 06-03-2016, 05:46 PM
TECH Resident

It makes sense. Pushing against gravity will be slower than falling with it. So more time spent. I just know the results are much better shifting.
Old 06-03-2016, 05:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 242 Posts

The stock setup up goes out of the transmission to the bottom of the radiator than is pushed up threw the radiator cooler then back in the transmission
Old 06-03-2016, 06:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by myk
Is it? Window sticker (that I kept) from my 2V reads $22,370; the window sticker (that I also kept) from my T/A reads $27,910. I know the T/A was considered a premium F body and maybe not in the direct sales class as the 2V, but still; 5K is 5K...
What year 2v was it? The manufacturer's suggested retail price for a 99 hardtop GT 2 door coupe 5 speed was $20,870

Leather sport bucket seats were optional and added $500 and the convenience group which included the front floor mats, seat, power driver seat, speed control, and rear defroster was $550.

Dual illum visor mirrors were an added $95 and the smoker's package was $15 (lol).

You wouldn't find any GT without the convenience group, mirrors or smokers package added because no dealer would order the car without that ****. Traction control was a $230 option. Some cars had it some didn't.

So the bare minimum that you would see a GT stickered for on a dealer lot without ordering it with no options was $21530. Actual sale price then would have been around $21000, and $500 rebate brought it down to $20,500

My friends and I looked extensively at GT's Z28's, SS's, and TA's. If the Z28's could be had for the same price as the GT, I would have got it but the dealers loaded them up with options in my area making it a higher cost differential.

Did the SS not have an ls1 engine in 99? Last I checked it did. Who give a damn if it's in a different price point. Doesn't change the fact that the engine in the car was the same engine as the Z28! The Cobra had a DOHC, different engine in it, so when people say "2v SOHC vs LS1" I assume we're talking a Mustang GT vs ANYTHING that had an LS1 in it, not some stripped down Z28 that you couldn't even buy off a dealer lot without ordering it direct from the factory.

Now if someone wants to make the argument that a bare bones Z28 ordered from the factory was a better buy than a bare bones GT with both of them costing there owners just under $21k, then yes, it most certainly is. I didn't have the patience to wait so I bought the 2v, modded it, and was beating the guys that had the SS and ram air TA's that spent just as much. Cars that had the same damn engine as the less expensive Z28. If the cars didn't have the ls1 in them, I wouldn't have bothered comparing the SOHC 2v to them. I already said that the DOHC in the 99 Cobra was a joke at it's $30k+ price point and there was no question that if you bought that instead of the SS or TA, you certainly weren't doing it because you actually wanted to go fast LOL.

Running 11's back then are like running 9's today, but leave it to someone that doesn't understand simple economics to get all upset about the fact that a modded 2v was pulling bus lengths on SS's and TA's with the same amount of money spent and somehow try to equate that to saying that a 2v SOHC is better than an ls1 mod for mod, which certainly isn't the case. The SOHC 2v was available in 96, so there was plenty of aftermarket parts for them back in 99.

Now if anyone want to see how a built SOHC 2v compares to a built ls1 that is in my 2000 SS, feel free to get yourself a SOHC 2v and run it up against my ls1.

Last edited by 5.7stroker; 06-03-2016 at 06:14 PM.
Old 06-03-2016, 06:22 PM
10 Second Club

Define remotely quick. As of right now I have a slow as ***** 6.5L diesel truck, a slow as ***** 69 buick convertible, and my WS6, which I have no idea how quick it is.

In the past I had an extremely modified ATV that would have kept up with Hio's car very easily. Specifically designed for drag racing, thing was stupid fast.

I think you're a moron, you think I'm a moron. Don't think we are getting anywhere.
T he difference is i proved otherwise and you didn't. You have yet to prove anything you say
Originally Posted by 5.7stroker
What year 2v was it? The manufacturer's suggested retail price for a 99 hardtop GT 2 door coupe 5 speed was $20,870

Leather sport bucket seats were optional and added $500 and the convenience group which included the front floor mats, seat, power driver seat, speed control, and rear defroster was $550.

Dual illum visor mirrors were an added $95 and the smoker's package was $15 (lol).

You wouldn't find any GT without the convenience group, mirrors or smokers package added because no dealer would order the car without that ****. Traction control was a $230 option. Some cars had it some didn't.

So the bare minimum that you would see a GT stickered for on a dealer lot without ordering it with no options was $21530. Actual sale price then would have been around $21000, and $500 rebate brought it down to $20,500

My friends and I looked extensively at GT's Z28's, SS's, and TA's. If the Z28's could be had for the same price as the GT, I would have got it but the dealers loaded them up with options in my area making it a higher cost differential.

Did the SS not have an ls1 engine in 99? Last I checked it did. Who give a damn if it's in a different price point. Doesn't change the fact that the engine in the car was the same engine as the Z28! The Cobra had a DOHC, different engine in it, so when people say "2v SOHC vs LS1" I assume we're talking a Mustang GT vs ANYTHING that had an LS1 in it, not some stripped down Z28 that you couldn't even buy off a dealer lot without ordering it direct from the factory.

Now if someone wants to make the argument that a bare bones Z28 ordered from the factory was a better buy than a bare bones GT with both of them costing there owners just under $21k, then yes, it most certainly is. I didn't have the patience to wait so I bought the 2v, modded it, and was beating the guys that had the SS and ram air TA's that spent just as much. Cars that had the same damn engine as the less expensive Z28. If the cars didn't have the ls1 in them, I wouldn't have bothered comparing the SOHC 2v to them. I already said that the DOHC in the 99 Cobra was a joke at it's $30k+ price point and there was no question that if you bought that instead of the SS or TA, you certainly weren't doing it because you actually wanted to go fast LOL.

Running 11's back then are like running 9's today, but leave it to someone that doesn't understand simple economics to get all upset about the fact that a modded 2v was pulling bus lengths on SS's and TA's with the same amount of money spent and somehow try to equate that to saying that a 2v SOHC is better than an ls1 mod for mod, which certainly isn't the case. The SOHC 2v was available in 96, so there was plenty of aftermarket parts for them back in 99.

Now if anyone want to see how a built SOHC 2v compares to a built ls1 that is in my 2000 SS, feel free to get yourself a SOHC 2v and run it up against my ls1.
Again....window sticker for my 99 camaro. Add base and p.e.g. and you get a car for about $22,500.

You got a 2v cause you were impatiant. And guaranteed you got out ran more than your sayin.

Name:  20130309_183237_zps2240dd12.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  83.5 KB
Old 06-03-2016, 06:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

You got a 2v cause you were impatiant. And guaranteed you got out ran more than your sayin.
Ok, so the SS was stickered at $28K with those options. Glad you were able to find one that had only what you wanted on it and get it for less than $30k.

Based on your window sticker, I never came across a Z28 that was stickered for $22,541 or else I would have bought it. All the dealerships around here had them loaded or they were SS models. Damn right I was impatient... I wanted to go fast sooner rather than later.
Old 06-03-2016, 06:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

You know simply saying "I don't believe you" doesn't mean anything right...
Old 06-03-2016, 08:02 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 5.7stroker
Ok, so the SS was stickered at $28K with those options. Glad you were able to find one that had only what you wanted on it and get it for less than $30k.

Based on your window sticker, I never came across a Z28 that was stickered for $22,541 or else I would have bought it. All the dealerships around here had them loaded or they were SS models. Damn right I was impatient... I wanted to go fast sooner rather than later.
When you bought a 2v it was gonna be later for sure.
Originally Posted by big hammer
Ain't that the truth. And he hasn't posted anything to make anyone believe anything he says
Old 06-03-2016, 10:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

T he difference is i proved otherwise and you didn't. You have yet to prove anything you say
You didn't prove anything either. You have a mod list that's incomplete, a video, and a time slip. Not exactly rock hard evidence.

I have my mod list and my word, which isn't rock hard evidence either. What I do have is a nice long list of similarly modded cars going into the 12's, which shows that it's possible.

Originally Posted by big hammer
And simply saying "it has x mods" doesn't mean anything either, especially when it was proven that he was lying about the number of mods. No comment on that?

Quick Reply: 2v mustang gt vs ls1