Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2v mustang gt vs ls1

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 02:18 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I think it was from 05.

To be fair, that is back when there were no aftermarket head castings available, and thus cam choices were severely limited. While I still wouldn't waste the money doing it, the better parts available today would yield WAY better results.
Old 06-09-2016, 11:28 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Even if they picked up .5 with newer stuff it still wouldn't be great. So much easier to faster than they can go with much less effort.
Old 06-09-2016, 11:42 PM
10 Second Club

Hey wheres jc dipshit at? Suck my dick ******. You asked for another 116mph bolt on ls here ya go bitch. Gmhtp ftw

Old 06-10-2016, 02:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Hey wheres jc dipshit at? Suck my dick ******. You asked for another 116mph bolt on ls here ya go bitch. Gmhtp ftw

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/ls1tech.com-vbulletin/2000x1124/80-20160609_224226_3c8871024ea16f426b15a3d086db3e4d37 b19391.jpg[/IM]
Nice try there chuckles, didn't think I would actually look into that article?

He then ported and polished the stock throttle body, installed an LS6 intake, a 160-degree thermostat, MSD 8.5mm plug wires, a 25% under-drive crank pulley, Circle D pro single-disc 3400-stall torque converter, B&M shift kit, trans cooler, and Eibach Sportline lowering springs – a nice start to say the least.

The following winter, Chad returned to Atco with his now modified Z28. Running on Mickey Thompson 255/50/16 drag radials with some serious interior weight reduction; including removal of the rear seats, speakers, spare-tire, jack, and interior plastic trim, put down a nice 12.01 at 112mph off a 1.61 hole shot.

Fall of 2012 brought a set of Pacesetter 1-3/4-inch coated long-tubes, with a cat-deleted Texas Speed y-pipe improving breathing enough to run an 11.20 at 121mph; using spray off the line.

With continuous laptop savvy, the addition of a FAST 90mm TB/intake combo, and 30-lb. injectors from Ron’s ’01 Vette-the Camaro recorded an 11.78 at 115mph off a 1.61 reaction, spray free.

As the summer heat ensued, so did suspension and chassis upgrades-including BMR weld-in subframe connectors, QA1 single adjustable front coilovers with 300-lb. rate springs and rear QA1 single-adjustable shocks coiled in stock or Eibach springs, depending on Chad’s desired ride height. Also added that summer, a mean looking 3-inch fiberglass cowl hood, aggressive Motive 3.90 gears, and SLP’s hell raising Loudmouth-1 catback; replacing the slightly heavier Gibson exhaust. More PCM tweaking also took place, as a torque converter lockup switch was installed.

Check mate mother ******. It took a lid, 3.90 gears, LT headers, FAST intake, UDP's, stall converter, drag radials, suspension mods, EWP, no accessories, and a tune. All of that to run a 11.6@116.

Guess his 3 years of test and tune was wasted since you know how to make an LS1 run 11.96@116 with an LS6 intake, UDP's, 3.73's, and a MAF.

Like I said and continue to prove, you're completely full of ****. I was done feeding the troll, but I just had to come out of retirement for one last post. Anyway, back to retirement. Feel free to try and troll you're way out of that one.
Old 06-10-2016, 02:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Oh ****....
Old 06-10-2016, 04:59 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JC316

Check mate mother ******. It took a lid, 3.90 gears, LT headers, FAST intake, UDP's, stall converter, drag radials, suspension mods, EWP, no accessories, and a tune. All of that to run a 11.6@116.

Guess his 3 years of test and tune was wasted since you know how to make an LS1 run 11.96@116 with an LS6 intake, UDP's, 3.73's, and a MAF.

Like I said and continue to prove, you're completely full of ****. I was done feeding the troll, but I just had to come out of retirement for one last post. Anyway, back to retirement. Feel free to try and troll you're way out of that one.
So lets break this down real quick, so I, and all of us understand this. It takes a lid (cai), lt headers, intake (with a stock cam, a stock ls6 will do just fine unless trying to gain every last hp), a stall (with our 4l60e equals to todays 6 speed auto...nice touch), gears (Which is a COMPLETE WASTE WITH A STALL) for an auto at our power levels, And compared to back then, but ok), UDP & EWP (which gains at least .8 tenths and 14mph in the ¼, or 25mph? ), STOCK suspension which has cut Many upon Many 1.6 60' times... and last but not least, a MAF change, which means nothing, because our MAF are good to 600hp. Did I get that right?

So basically, a LBO (because there's much more that can be done for bolt ons, porting, free mods, rotating mass, etc.. LS1, stalled, ran 11.60's @116... I'm not part of the Hio crew, but come on man, you gotta do better than that, no?

Listen man, I'm not trying to get into an argument. But I was just like you before I went to boost. I thought my full weight ta ran great, but after I started doing research, I realized that I could have ran low 11's with my setup and high 10's with heads if I had listened to the bolt on guys on ls1tech (not just SRK, but they know what they're talking about).

Here's the thing, 2V??? Come on man, I've owned one, I've done research after all my bolt-ons (on my 2v), and it's still at batshit slow car compared to an ls1. You have seriously not built an ls car to it's potential, and I'm not saying it's your, or anyonelse's fault that you didn't have the cash to make it right! But don't bash on it if you don't know. 2V FTW!!!

Edit: I edited this before I posted, 2V FTW>ALL LS!!!

Here's what a full weight, full exhaust, stalled, t/a with 2.73 gears does to lbo (cai exhaust, tuned), think 3.9x gear? 2v with a huge jump. He started at 6 seconds in, you can see his front end lift. Everyone knows it's hard to stop a pull once it's started. Well he was damn near going by me when I started. **** cars! I love the way they look and I love they way they sound, but they just don't run how they sound

Last edited by Deeohgie69; 06-10-2016 at 06:40 AM.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:48 AM
10 Second Club

He's a dumb ************.

Aint no check mate bitch........if you noticed that car went quicker and it was a auto which will suck up a couple mph you stupid ****. Just because someone does suspension mods doe8mean it's automatically better than stock.

It don't take 3yrs to tune a bolt on ls1....who knows wtf he was doin. Anyone with a ounce of sense knows this except you.

With all of that your junk ****** 2v wouldn't leave the 13s.

My point has been made and your a dumbass
Old 06-10-2016, 12:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Deeohgie69
So lets break this down real quick, so I, and all of us understand this. It takes a lid (cai), lt headers, intake (with a stock cam, a stock ls6 will do just fine unless trying to gain every last hp), a stall (with our 4l60e equals to todays 6 speed auto...nice touch), gears (Which is a COMPLETE WASTE WITH A STALL) for an auto at our power levels, And compared to back then, but ok), UDP & EWP (which gains at least .8 tenths and 14mph in the ¼, or 25mph? ), STOCK suspension which has cut Many upon Many 1.6 60' times... and last but not least, a MAF change, which means nothing, because our MAF are good to 600hp. Did I get that right?

So basically, a LBO (because there's much more that can be done for bolt ons, porting, free mods, rotating mass, etc.. LS1, stalled, ran 11.60's @116... I'm not part of the Hio crew, but come on man, you gotta do better than that, no?

Listen man, I'm not trying to get into an argument. But I was just like you before I went to boost. I thought my full weight ta ran great, but after I started doing research, I realized that I could have ran low 11's with my setup and high 10's with heads if I had listened to the bolt on guys on ls1tech (not just SRK, but they know what they're talking about).

Here's the thing, 2V??? Come on man, I've owned one, I've done research after all my bolt-ons (on my 2v), and it's still at batshit slow car compared to an ls1. You have seriously not built an ls car to it's potential, and I'm not saying it's your, or anyonelse's fault that you didn't have the cash to make it right! But don't bash on it if you don't know. 2V FTW!!!

Edit: I edited this before I posted, 2V FTW>ALL LS!!!

Here's what a full weight, full exhaust, stalled, t/a with 2.73 gears does to lbo (cai exhaust, tuned), think 3.9x gear? 2v with a huge jump. He started at 6 seconds in, you can see his front end lift. Everyone knows it's hard to stop a pull once it's started. Well he was damn near going by me when I started. **** cars! I love the way they look and I love they way they sound, but they just don't run how they sound
[ul="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3C_MAuwILk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3C_MAuwILk[/url]

Let me try to sort through this mess. First off, I am going to nip this 2V **** once and for all.

My 2v was not your average bolt on 2V. Sucker was FBO, 4.10, and had a lot of weight reduction. It came out of the hole HARD, but likely trapped 104, so a roll race vs a 108MPH car would have ended badly. It was likely a 12.7@104 car, but I never could find out because the transmission was busted. It easily walked my LS2 GTO from a dig, from someone that could drive.

My 98 formula was mildly modded and it never felt fast to me, I think it was one of those cars that came from the factory as a 13.6@104 car.

Now on to your comments. A 99 car likely came from the factory as a 13.3@106 car and put out around 305RWP. Lid/Tune/LT/UDP/accessory bypass/LS6 intake likely puts it at around 350RWP, with the headers being the biggest gains, a FAST adds 15HP to the peak and lurks with the LS6 in the midrange. So 365RWP.

I think the suspension mods would help the launch, the subframe connectors will reduce the amount of energy that gets wasted on chassis flex, but that argument is better left to guys that are smarter than me.

Your biggest problem here is thinking that a stall and gears don't help each other, especially on a car that makes all of it's power in the upper RPM range. The stall gets you moving off the line, but really doesn't do much once you're out of first gear. Those 3.90 gears get it into the powerband so much quicker, which lets the car go quicker in the 1/4 mile.

That car that Hio posted on the other hand probably started life as the same 13.2@106 car, had the same 305RWP, but only got about 12RWP from the mods. You yourself said that the MAF does nothing, and an LS6 isn't going to do much on a stock motor with stock manifolds. In essence, hio claims that a nearly stock LS1 car went 11.96@116.

So yeah, if you can believe that, but not believe that a FBO, geared, weight reduction 2V can go into the 12's, you're in the top spot for newest member of the Hio crew.
Old 06-10-2016, 12:31 PM
10 Second Club

Shows what you know about ls stuff.

So you never even ran the 2v......no wonder you have no proof and no clue of ****.

You can't even prove you're not a ******. But atleast i would respect you more if you just admitted it.
Old 06-10-2016, 12:53 PM
11 Second Club

Let me try to sort through this mess. First off, I am going to nip this 2V **** once and for all.

My 2v was not your average bolt on 2V. Sucker was FBO, 4.10, and had a lot of weight reduction. It came out of the hole HARD, but likely trapped 104, so a roll race vs a 108MPH car would have ended badly. It was likely a 12.7@104 car, but I never could find out because the transmission was busted. It easily walked my LS2 GTO from a dig, from someone that could drive.

My 98 formula was mildly modded and it never felt fast to me, I think it was one of those cars that came from the factory as a 13.6@104 car.

Now on to your comments. A 99 car likely came from the factory as a 13.3@106 car and put out around 305RWP. Lid/Tune/LT/UDP/accessory bypass/LS6 intake likely puts it at around 350RWP, with the headers being the biggest gains, a FAST adds 15HP to the peak and lurks with the LS6 in the midrange. So 365RWP.

I think the suspension mods would help the launch, the subframe connectors will reduce the amount of energy that gets wasted on chassis flex, but that argument is better left to guys that are smarter than me.

Your biggest problem here is thinking that a stall and gears don't help each other, especially on a car that makes all of it's power in the upper RPM range. The stall gets you moving off the line, but really doesn't do much once you're out of first gear. Those 3.90 gears get it into the powerband so much quicker, which lets the car go quicker in the 1/4 mile.

That car that Hio posted on the other hand probably started life as the same 13.2@106 car, had the same 305RWP, but only got about 12RWP from the mods. You yourself said that the MAF does nothing, and an LS6 isn't going to do much on a stock motor with stock manifolds. In essence, hio claims that a nearly stock LS1 car went 11.96@116.

So yeah, if you can believe that, but not believe that a FBO, geared, weight reduction 2V can go into the 12's, you're in the top spot for newest member of the Hio crew.
Wow, you don't know anything about stalled cars do you? And I'll take that spot, because no matter what you say, at least they know what they're doing and have actually made their cars run fast. You think a 12 sec 2v is fast and you'll get big gains from a gear change on a bolt-on, stalled ls1.

Not only will multiple people on here speak from their personal experience, but I also have real world experience in this. I was an idiot and wish I had listened to everyone on this site about a gear change being a waste of money with a stall 3600 or bigger. Try researching before you keep talking man, seriously. My car only drops to 5100rpms after it shifts, why do I need more gear? It does a lot after 1st gear, because my stock stall sure didn't keep me in the powerband like that after shifts. Didn't we already have this conversation in another thread about 6 months ago? You just don't want to learn anything, that's your problem man.

It is Fact that in most cases, a gear change in a car with a 3600 stall or bigger will gain absolutely nothing from the change. Some cases people have seen .1 tenth, and very, Very rare, a few have seen .2 tenths. 99% of the time, at our power levels (500rwhp down), you will not see any gain.

When I changed from 2.73 gears to 3.42's, which is a pretty big gear change, my fastest times were a little over .1 tenth. But I am willing to bet my car that most of it was because my tune was fat with the 2.73's and it was fixed when I swapped gears. I can honestly say that it would have been less than .04 of a tenth, and most likely a dead wash.

The seat of the pants feel was a big difference and I would have laid money that it was at least .3 tenths faster, but slips don't lie. I should have listened to the people on here that know, but at least I learned something.

Edit: Added to the stall supposedly not doing anything for you after 1st gear. The more I think about you saying that, the more I honestly feel bad for you.

Last edited by Deeohgie69; 06-10-2016 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-10-2016, 12:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, you don't know anything about stalled cars do you? And I'll take that spot, because no matter what you say, at least they know what they're doing and have actually made their cars run fast. You think a 12 sec 2v is fast and you'll get big gains from a gear change on a bolt-on, stalled ls1.

Not only will multiple people on here speak from their personal experience, but I also have real world experience in this. I was an idiot and wish I had listened to everyone on this site about a gear change being a waste of money with a stall 3600 or bigger. Try researching before you keep talking man, seriously. My car only drops to 5100rpms after it shifts, why do I need more gear?

It is Fact that in most cases, a gear change in a car with a 3600 stall or bigger will gain absolutely nothing from the change. Some cases people have seen .1 tenth, and very, Very rare, a few have seen .2 tenths. 99% of the time, at our power levels (500rwhp down), you will not see any gain.

When I changed from 2.73 gears to 3.42's, which is a pretty big gear change, my fastest times were a little over .1 tenth. But I am willing to bet my car that most of it was because my tune was fat with the 2.73's and it was fixed when I swapped gears. I can honestly say that it would have been less than .04 of a tenth, and most likely a dead wash.

The seat of the pants feel was a big difference and I would have laid money that it was at least .3 tenths faster, but slips don't lie. I should have listened to the people on here that know, but at least I learned something.
wow! What stall brand and size do you have that allows for it to only drop to 5100?
Old 06-10-2016, 02:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mappinsj
wow! What stall brand and size do you have that allows for it to only drop to 5100?
Thats a damned good question. They will affect the RPM drop to a degree, but not that much. I've read several people with 3600 stalls that shift at 6600RPM and drop into the 4100 range.
Old 06-10-2016, 02:48 PM
Banned

My 3600 stall only drops to about 5,000 rpms after it shifts. I also have 2.73 gears. LOL at JC thinking that a stall doesn't do anything after the launch. You think the converter just stops slipping in higher gears? Derp

And DOG has a yank converter.
Old 06-10-2016, 03:09 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mappinsj
Yank ss3600 stock 2.5str
Thats a damned good question. They will affect the RPM drop to a degree, but not that much. I've read several people with 3600 stalls that shift at 6600RPM and drop into the 4100 range.
They have a chart showing the rpm gained/dropped after shifts on stall size, I believe it's on Yanks site iirc. Mine used to shift at 6500rpm, but I have never heard of a 3600 stall or lower dropping below 4900rpms. They absolutely do affect rpm drop that much, it's free to read man.
Originally Posted by *Tips Fedora*
My 3600 stall only drops to about 5,000 rpms after it shifts. I also have 2.73 gears. LOL at JC thinking that a stall doesn't do anything after the launch. You think the converter just stops slipping in higher gears? Derp

And DOG has a yank converter.
Yup, a converter at our power levels pretty much null the need for bigger gear. It does however feel a lot faster, but it's all sotp unfortunately.
Old 06-10-2016, 03:48 PM
Banned

I have no plans of upgrading my 2.73's. I actually like the fact that I can do 110 in 2nd gear. And God knows what speed in 3rd. I had the car up to about 160-165 the other night and I still had like 500 rpms to go in 3rd. It pulls so hard after 130 also.
Old 06-10-2016, 04:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yank ss3600 stock 2.5str

They have a chart showing the rpm gained/dropped after shifts on stall size, I believe it's on Yanks site iirc. Mine used to shift at 6500rpm, but I have never heard of a 3600 stall or lower dropping below 4900rpms. They absolutely do affect rpm drop that much, it's free to read man.

Yup, a converter at our power levels pretty much null the need for bigger gear. It does however feel a lot faster, but it's all sotp unfortunately.
From Yanks own site.

The converter will increase torque out to 5000 rpm on an LS1. This eliminates the flat spots after upshifts and makes second gear a monster even at lower speeds. Because of its lower STR and strong midrange, the SuperYank 3500 teams with 3.73s to form a very hot street set-up.
I will fully admit that I'm weak on stall converters and I was indeed wrong about the shift drop on an LS1. That said, it doesn't change the fact that a 3.90 gear is still going to have an easier time getting through the RPM range, even if the RPM range is in the 5k's.
Old 06-10-2016, 04:29 PM
10 Second Club

Mikes converter is loose.......once goin the tack only drop a a little on the shift. It basically lays on 6500-6600 rpm once wot
Old 06-10-2016, 04:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by *Tips Fedora*
I have no plans of upgrading my 2.73's. I actually like the fact that I can do 110 in 2nd gear. And God knows what speed in 3rd. I had the car up to about 160-165 the other night and I still had like 500 rpms to go in 3rd. It pulls so hard after 130 also.
My car was a 2.73 car and I switched to 3.73's before a converter. At this point I do regret it a bit. I run out of gear around 130 mph and tho I do not usually go that fast on the street unless it's 3am roll race crap, it would be nice to have them for power cruise were you can really let your **** fly but I have to shut down early with plenty of straight away left. I'm looking for a 2.73 3 channel 10 bolt to swap back and forth in with my 3.73 10 bolt.

Imo with having a converter gears are not as crucial but I think in my instance going from 2.73's to 3.73's would be worth 2-3 tenths in the quarter. Most of that being in the 60' and maybe a tenth down the line. Wish I had slips to compare but just my opinion
Old 06-10-2016, 04:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 98CayenneT/A
My car was a 2.73 car and I switched to 3.73's before a converter. At this point I do regret it a bit. I run out of gear around 130 mph and tho I do not usually go that fast on the street unless it's 3am roll race crap, it would be nice to have them for power cruise were you can really let your **** fly but I have to shut down early with plenty of straight away left. I'm looking for a 2.73 3 channel 10 bolt to swap back and forth in with my 3.73 10 bolt.

Imo with having a converter gears are not as crucial but I think in my instance going from 2.73's to 3.73's would be worth 2-3 tenths in the quarter. Most of that being in the 60' and maybe a tenth down the line. Wish I had slips to compare but just my opinion
Another pro to having 2.73s is awesome fuel mileage. I get over 30 MPG on the highway.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Wait wait wait.
So all this BS talk this whole time and you never even ran your cars at the dragstrip????
**** man, you ARE the typical mustang owner
One thing Ive always noticed about mustangs for whatever reason is they feel like they are going fast until you look at the speedo (and then see minivans passing you too)... You can't judge a car by how quick it feels like its accelerating.
Then you are comparing some dig run on the street with a supposed good driver in an LS2 GTO, what speed did you go to?

Quick Reply: 2v mustang gt vs ls1