Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2v mustang gt vs ls1

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 05:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JC316
2800 stall seems to give the best performance for my particular application. Basically my plan looks like this.

1997 Thunderbird LX. Swapping in a Mark VIII engine, stalled auto, 4.10 gears, 3" exhaust, UDP's, tune and a serious diet. Basically trying for 12's under $2k with ford's heaviest platform.
I'd talk to which ever company you're going with for the stall and see what they recommend. I'd personally go for a bigger stall to get it off the line better with all that weight. But hopefully it turns out pretty good and you get your 12 sec pass, that's all that really matters.
Originally Posted by ZNix
You would need something more than 93 I think, depending on the turbo. I just meant the motor itself can handle quite a bit. So give it hell! I think Denmah is making mid 700s on a gen 4 6.0 in his truck.
Yeah I'm kind of limited with the turbo I have, because I wasn't really planning on turning up the boost with a different turbo until I was forged. Right now I just have a turbonetics TC78 and I'm not really sure what kind of power they are capable of making. So that will play a part in it too.
Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
He's making 796whp right now running out of converter.
That's pretty impressive! I think if I can get close to 650rwhp with my current setup, that I would be more than happy for a while. I imagine it'll require meth though.
Old 06-12-2016, 06:38 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Deeohgie69
I'd talk to which ever company you're going with for the stall and see what they recommend. I'd personally go for a bigger stall to get it off the line better with all that weight. But hopefully it turns out pretty good and you get your 12 sec pass, that's all that really matters.

Yeah I'm kind of limited with the turbo I have, because I wasn't really planning on turning up the boost with a different turbo until I was forged. Right now I just have a turbonetics TC78 and I'm not really sure what kind of power they are capable of making. So that will play a part in it too.

That's pretty impressive! I think if I can get close to 650rwhp with my current setup, that I would be more than happy for a while. I imagine it'll require meth though.

I have a tc78 now too, from what I have read, depending on the setup they are capable of 750 with the right setup. I am tuning Friday on stright 93. Next season I am going to be adding meth. I'm at 9.1:1 C/R too. What is that gen IV running for C/R?
I will post up my dyno sheet too
Old 06-12-2016, 07:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 408-99-f
I have a tc78 now too, from what I have read, depending on the setup they are capable of 750 with the right setup. I am tuning Friday on stright 93. Next season I am going to be adding meth. I'm at 9.1:1 C/R too. What is that gen IV running for C/R?
I will post up my dyno sheet too
I was thinking that's what Jon from Huron told me it was good for too. I kind of had a little mishap with the 317's that came on it, so instead of using those, I'm stuck with my stock 241's for now. I'm going to get another 317 head and have it milled to put my CR somewhere around 9:6.1 since I'm not going to get crazy with this motor.

I haven't checked what the CR is with the 241's yet, but I'm thinking it's going to be around 10:1.1 with ls9 gaskets. Stock with 317's is right under 9:4.1 iirc. So I'll have to take it easy on it for now until I get meth, depending how much I really feel like getting another 317 head.

I'm interested to see what kind of power you make on 93, but I know you can push yours more with your cr than I can. I have so much going on though right now, that I just want to throw it back in and drive it. I'm thinking even with that cr that I can easily make 600rwhp because my buddy made more than that on his ls1 with 241 heads. We'll see...

What kind of et and trap are you looking for out of this setup?
Old 06-12-2016, 07:19 PM
Staging Lane

I was thinking that's what Jon from Huron told me it was good for too. I kind of had a little mishap with the 317's that came on it, so instead of using those, I'm stuck with my stock 241's for now. I'm going to get another 317 head and have it milled to put my CR somewhere around 9:6.1 since I'm not going to get crazy with this motor.

I haven't checked what the CR is with the 241's yet, but I'm thinking it's going to be around 10:1.1 with ls9 gaskets. Stock with 317's is right under 9:4.1 iirc. So I'll have to take it easy on it for now until I get meth, depending how much I really feel like getting another 317 head.

I'm interested to see what kind of power you make on 93, but I know you can push yours more with your cr than I can. I have so much going on though right now, that I just want to throw it back in and drive it. I'm thinking even with that cr that I can easily make 600rwhp because my buddy made more than that on his ls1 with 241 heads. We'll see...

What kind of et and trap are you looking for out of this setup?
I'm going to start off on lowest setting, and turn it up till I crack the 10's and see if they say anything. I would be happy with a 10.9x @ 13xmph. I know cranked up it will do better but with the stock 10 bolt and this questionable converter I will be happy. My biggest fear is I'm going to blow through the converter.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:45 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 408-99-f
I'm going to start off on lowest setting, and turn it up till I crack the 10's and see if they say anything. I would be happy with a 10.9x @ 13xmph. I know cranked up it will do better but with the stock 10 bolt and this questionable converter I will be happy. My biggest fear is I'm going to blow through the converter.
You'll be able to get a mid 10's out of your converter and rear imo. My buddy has a Vig 3200 for NA and a stock 10 bolt with 3.23's with a t/a girdle cover and he ran 10's. The first time they booted him as soon as he ran 10.70's and I believe his 2 step was only set for 3000rpm's, but not positive. He ran low to mid 10's on that converter and rear end before the motor finally let go.

I think as long as you don't leave super hard, that you should have no problems with it.
Old 06-12-2016, 08:51 PM
Staging Lane

You'll be able to get a mid 10's out of your converter and rear imo. My buddy has a Vig 3200 for NA and a stock 10 bolt with 3.23's with a t/a girdle cover and he ran 10's. The first time they booted him as soon as he ran 10.70's and I believe his 2 step was only set for 3000rpm's, but not positive. He ran low to mid 10's on that converter and rear end before the motor finally let go.

I think as long as you don't leave super hard, that you should have no problems with it.
I had some trans trouble recently, I have to use a tci converter my dad gave me. Putting it in on Tuesday. It's brand new. I hope it lasts the season it's a super street fighter.

Quick Reply: 2v mustang gt vs ls1