Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

FBO 16 mustang vs bolt on ls3 fat gen

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 12:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I know what you said and know you have yet to back up anything you've said. No go on.....you are useless on a car sight.
If you're so sure, prove it.
Old 06-27-2016, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Phil heads are not ported. Nor are Hios
Old 06-27-2016, 06:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Phil has a lot more than just exhaust and tune.. Lets get that straight LOL.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Where di uou come up with this ****?

I know what you said and know you have yet to back up anything you've said. No go on.....you are useless on a car sight. You would have great succes on a gay **** sight tho.

Poppa makin **** up cause he skurred to get drug
Poppa not skurred. Poppa not worried, although it would be a good race, with me a car or two ahead. But the fact is, that Phil's car has more mods(that contribute to the speed of the car) than I do. So as usual... takes more mods on a 5th gen to run with a 5.0. I am not hating on the 5th gen by saying that... Phil's car is sweet as hell. But its just how it is, and how it has been.

And I "came up with that ****" because a 5th gen will not trap 117 as yall claim it can with just exhaust, and no tune.. sorry. Not happening. The GMPP CNC LS3s would be stealthy as hell... would not be able to tell..... LS9 cam would be stealthy as hell... no lope at all... So that is what I would do to the car. BUT.. the difference between me and you, is I would divulge those mods... you on the other hand... would not.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:36 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZNix
Phil has a lot more than just exhaust and tune.. Lets get that straight LOL.
^^this. Sorry... but no exhaust only 5th gen is going to run with my car in track mode.... no way in hell... only Shadymods would get it in the ballpark.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
^^this. Sorry... but no exhaust only 5th gen is going to run with my car in track mode.... no way in hell... only Shadymods would get it in the ballpark.
I'm not sure about that. They're a drivers race stock and none of your mods made a difference
Old 06-28-2016, 12:13 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by big hammer
I'm not sure about that. They're a drivers race stock and none of your mods made a difference
You have a point man... the no difference mods make a difference differently
Old 06-28-2016, 05:27 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by JC316
If you're so sure, prove it.
You prove you're a know nothing with every post
Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Phil heads are not ported. Nor are Hios
This....thanks mm
Poppa not skurred. Poppa not worried, although it would be a good race, with me a car or two ahead. But the fact is, that Phil's car has more mods(that contribute to the speed of the car) than I do. So as usual... takes more mods on a 5th gen to run with a 5.0. I am not hating on the 5th gen by saying that... Phil's car is sweet as hell. But its just how it is, and how it has been.

And I "came up with that ****" because a 5th gen will not trap 117 as yall claim it can with just exhaust, and no tune.. sorry. Not happening. The GMPP CNC LS3s would be stealthy as hell... would not be able to tell..... LS9 cam would be stealthy as hell... no lope at all... So that is what I would do to the car. BUT.. the difference between me and you, is I would divulge those mods... you on the other hand... would not.
Well if you start there you're doin it wrong.
You wanted mod for mod. I would have to assume you have picked your best mods......phil picked his.

It's pure ******* stupid for anyone to want to mod 2 different cars from 2 different makes the same.
Originally Posted by big hammer
Lolz
Old 06-28-2016, 09:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Care to list out the mods? Might help if you put them in bullet form...
Old 06-28-2016, 10:59 AM
11 Second Club

Oh, I know 100% that rotating mass is the first place you start on the 5th gen. Driveshaft, lighter wheels, much lighter clutch/flywheel. Tried telling my buddy more than once. He loved the heavy GM wheels though.

You wanted mod for mod. I would have to assume you have picked your best mods......phil picked his.

I definitely didnt pick my BEST mods man lol.. If I did that, I would have put a stall in first thing, along with a CF driveshaft, and aeroforce brakes. Long tube headers/no cats would have been on that list too. Bottom line is, in my current state, .... catback/tune.. there is no way in hell a 5th gen will keep up with those mods. It will take MORE mods on the 5th gen to keep up... it has always been that way.

Again Hio.... I am not putting Phil's car down. And yes, I am sure you know your stuff on mods. But you can't sit here and say that if we had the same mods, the 5th gen would be faster. It just won't happen. Power to weight is king... and the 5th gen is just too much heavier than the 5.0.

It's pure ******* stupid for anyone to want to mod 2 different cars from 2 different makes the same.

Maybe. But Bolt on is Bolt on.. and FBO is FBO... those mods across all brands pretty much follow the same line. Sure.. you can to EXTRA stuff on top of the bolt ons... weight etc... but Bolt on is a bolt on is a bolt on
Old 06-28-2016, 11:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You prove you're a know nothing with every post

This....thanks mm

Lolz
That's weird because you bitch and throw a hissy fit every single time a GM car is compared to any other manufacturer vehicle with different mods on it..
Old 06-28-2016, 11:27 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZNix
Care to list out the mods? Might help if you put them in bullet form...
I will start.. here are all mods currently(as in right now) on my car that are not as factory delivered:

Front wheels: 19x9.5 SVE Drifts with 275/35-19 Nitto Invos
Sitting in building: 17x4.5 Racestar 94 Series Darks with 26x6" Mickey Thompson SR Radials

Rear wheels: 17x9.5 Racestar 94 Series Darks with 295/45-17 Micky Thompson ET Street Radial IIs
Sitting in building 19x9.5 SVE Drifts with 275/35-19 Nitto Invos

nGauge Tuner : suction cup mounted to upper left windshield to use as gauge for Lambda1/2, knockr, total spark, Ethanol%, and Flex fuel learn flag(0 or 1 for learned)

Lund Racing Flex fuel tune with 93octane fuel in the tank... when I want to run E85, I simply leave the house with 60miles to empty, and drive an hour to my E85 spot, and fill the tank up with E85 for 1.79/gallon at the same pump I can get 93 from.

Stainless Works h-pipe catback(car has cats and oem manifolds) - Bought only for sound. No performance gained, and honestly I might have lost some low/mid torque from the 3" piping over oem

Steeda Cold Air Intake: Installed Saturday... have tune revision.. needs more testing... may take it off because I do not like the increase in IATs. Most likely will go back to my tried and true stock airbox setup.

Reische 170 degree thermostat

UPR Oil Catchcan on passenger side

BMR Drag (LOWERING DUGGY!)Springs: Have not helped the 60fts as of yet...and frankly I got them to make the car look better... should help when I upgrade more power, and add the Viking rear shocks

BMR Vertical Links - Help with wheelhop
BMR CB005 Cradle Lockout kit - Help with wheelhop

Both of the above were done to prevent wheelhop. They have worked as intended and I get ZERO wheelhop even while spinning on street tires.

Diode Dynamics front LED switchback bulbs and marker bulbsYellow lights are ugly.. I wanted white LED)

Mirrortap power cord for Valentine 1 detector to tap power at mirror

Blendmount mirror mount to mount Valentine 1 detector under rearview mirror

Roush Rear Spoiler

Black 5.0 badges on fenders

So.. here is a list of EVERY piece on my car that is not as delivered from the factory. EVERYTHING. I have performed NO additional weight reduction to the car. Full interior as delivered from the factory.

Now lets see Hio crew count every one of these as "mods" lol. My Br0 is now a 13 mod bro!

This is a simple combo that has taken me to 11.81 ET and 117.4 traps

Hiocrew is deathly scared of me adding the following and going true FBO:

Long Tube Headers(Like Phil has)
Cat Deletes(Like Phil)
Intake manifold(CJ/Boss/GT350)
Larger throttle body
Carbon Fiber driveshaft
Stall converter( If Phil can add a 5lb clutch/flywheel, I can add a stall, right?)

With all mods above, Phil's 5th gen would need a Heads/Cam/Nitrous setup to keep up with my basic FBO 5.0.

So... now... Hiocrew.... list your mods... You see mine... its not like you boys are grudge racers... no need for secrets... right? I have laid mine completly on the table here.

You turn
Old 06-28-2016, 11:28 AM
11 Second Club

Oh ****!!! sorry!! I forgot to list window tint!!!!!!
Old 06-28-2016, 11:30 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This forum won't have enough capability to hold all of Doug's mods lol and good luck having him disclose them LOL
Old 06-28-2016, 11:33 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Lawhead
This forum won't have enough capability to hold all of Doug's mods lol and good luck having him disclose them LOL
True that. I mainly mean Phil's car. But I never understood the need for such secrecy on Dougs mods... he does not grudge race. We kind of know why he doesnt divulge them though... because if he DOES... then we will be able to say "No damned wonder your car runs what it does... nothing special".
Old 06-28-2016, 11:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

All in red........but you missed some

And you're foolin yourself.
Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
That's weird because you bitch and throw a hissy fit every single time a GM car is compared to any other manufacturer vehicle with different mods on it..
Proof? While you're at post up your car
I will start.. here are all mods currently(as in right now) on my car that are not as factory delivered:

Front wheels: 19x9.5 SVE Drifts with 275/35-19 Nitto Invos
Sitting in building: 17x4.5 Racestar 94 Series Darks with 26x6" Mickey Thompson SR Radials

Rear wheels: 17x9.5 Racestar 94 Series Darks with 295/45-17 Micky Thompson ET Street Radial IIs
Sitting in building 19x9.5 SVE Drifts with 275/35-19 Nitto Invos

nGauge Tuner : suction cup mounted to upper left windshield to use as gauge for Lambda1/2, knockr, total spark, Ethanol%, and Flex fuel learn flag(0 or 1 for learned)

Lund Racing Flex fuel tune with 93octane fuel in the tank... when I want to run E85, I simply leave the house with 60miles to empty, and drive an hour to my E85 spot, and fill the tank up with E85 for 1.79/gallon at the same pump I can get 93 from.

Stainless Works h-pipe catback(car has cats and oem manifolds) - Bought only for sound. No performance gained, and honestly I might have lost some low/mid torque from the 3" piping over oem

Steeda Cold Air Intake: Installed Saturday... have tune revision.. needs more testing... may take it off because I do not like the increase in IATs. Most likely will go back to my tried and true stock airbox setup.

Reische 170 degree thermostat

UPR Oil Catchcan on passenger side

BMR Drag (LOWERING DUGGY!)Springs: Have not helped the 60fts as of yet...and frankly I got them to make the car look better... should help when I upgrade more power, and add the Viking rear shocks

BMR Vertical Links - Help with wheelhop
BMR CB005 Cradle Lockout kit - Help with wheelhop

Both of the above were done to prevent wheelhop. They have worked as intended and I get ZERO wheelhop even while spinning on street tires.

Diode Dynamics front LED switchback bulbs and marker bulbsYellow lights are ugly.. I wanted white LED)

Mirrortap power cord for Valentine 1 detector to tap power at mirror

Blendmount mirror mount to mount Valentine 1 detector under rearview mirror

Roush Rear Spoiler

Black 5.0 badges on fenders

So.. here is a list of EVERY piece on my car that is not as delivered from the factory. EVERYTHING. I have performed NO additional weight reduction to the car. Full interior as delivered from the factory.

Now lets see Hio crew count every one of these as "mods" lol. My Br0 is now a 13 mod bro!

This is a simple combo that has taken me to 11.81 ET and 117.4 traps

Hiocrew is deathly scared of me adding the following and going true FBO:

Long Tube Headers(Like Phil has)
Cat Deletes(Like Phil)
Intake manifold(CJ/Boss/GT350)
Larger throttle body
Carbon Fiber driveshaft
Stall converter( If Phil can add a 5lb clutch/flywheel, I can add a stall, right?)

With all mods above, Phil's 5th gen would need a Heads/Cam/Nitrous setup to keep up with my basic FBO 5.0.

So... now... Hiocrew.... list your mods... You see mine... its not like you boys are grudge racers... no need for secrets... right? I have laid mine completly on the table here.

You turn
Lol.......phils not gonna do race brakes, drag pak. Why dumb a car like that down?

Do it man.....it's gonna take more mods for ya.
Originally Posted by Lawhead
Well not every one is as good as you at buying hotrods slowing them down and parting them out.

Btw....all my mods used to be in my sig. You used to recite them like a was your Jesus
Old 06-28-2016, 11:46 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LMAO at all your mods in your Sig

we know you're a liar but come on Dougy!!!
Old 06-28-2016, 11:47 AM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

When will Hio ever tire of looking the fool?
Old 06-28-2016, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

5Gs are poop
Old 06-28-2016, 12:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I remember said sig.... It said "bolt on LS6 faceplated t56" there ya go. All mods listed

Quick Reply: FBO 16 mustang vs bolt on ls3 fat gen