Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

*Place your bets* GT350 vs stock 6th gen

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016 | 09:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
I did not see those posts when I made the post. I had only seen the instagram link
Sounds like they were timing it with stop watches and watching. The 1le had a passenger for a lot of the runs as well.

Someone else who was there posting on mustang6g claims it beat the z28 and he has access to the official times.

Looks like its going to be within a few tenths either way compared to a z28. Base 350 is toast.
1le is a tire swap away from beating the 350r.

what in the world is Ford going to do against the z28?
What is GM gonna do about the Ford GT?
Old 07-20-2016 | 09:36 PM
Teching In

I did not see those posts when I made the post. I had only seen the instagram link
Sounds like they were timing it with stop watches and watching. The 1le had a passenger for a lot of the runs as well.

Someone else who was there posting on mustang6g claims it beat the z28 and he has access to the official times.

Looks like its going to be within a few tenths either way compared to a z28. Base 350 is toast.
1le is a tire swap away from beating the 350r.

what in the world is Ford going to do against the z28?
Interesting. I feel like the engineers over at Chevy would have been more vocal that the 1LE beats the Z/28 around the track considering that would be a huge selling point. What time for the Z/28 were they comparing it to? A lap time done by a magazine driver and one done by Randy Pobst will be very different.

Kind of a moot point. You can put slicks on any car and gain 2-3 or more seconds depending on the track.

Probably nothing. I figure Ford's done with the 350/R and they'll end production soon (hopefully). I'd rather not have them dilute the value by doing a long span of model years.
Old 07-20-2016 | 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
A limited production limited run special vehicle? not sure they need to do anything

Corvette is going mid engine soon. Even so Im not sure they will make a big buck limited production type car. Not sure what that has to do with mustang vs Camaro though.

Originally Posted by slowZZZ
Interesting. I feel like the engineers over at Chevy would have been more vocal that the 1LE beats the Z/28 around the track considering that would be a huge selling point. What time for the Z/28 were they comparing it to? A lap time done by a magazine driver and one done by Randy Pobst will be very different.

Kind of a moot point. You can put slicks on any car and gain 2-3 or more seconds depending on the track.

Probably nothing. I figure Ford's done with the 350/R and they'll end production soon (hopefully). I'd rather not have them dilute the value by doing a long span of model years.
Randy Pobst ran a 1 min 37.8 in a z28. On a different day so who knows how that compares.

As far as tires Im just regurgitating the only thing ive heard ever since the Camaro started out handling the mustang model for model since 2012. I agree it is a stupid argument.
Old 07-20-2016 | 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Would you say its faster than

Ferrari F12 Berlinetta Randy Pobst 1:38.04

Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Randy Pobst 1:38.70

Audi R8 V10 5.2 FSI Plus Randy Pobst 1:38.70

and slower than

26. Porsche 911 GT3 RS unknown 1:36.77 450 / 1400
27. Porsche Cayman GT4 (981) Randy Pobst 1:37.43 385 / 1340
28. Porsche 911 Turbo unknown 1:37.80 500 / 1570

I don't need the exact time, just a yes or no would be fine.

I was sworn to secrecy by the Motor Trend guys haha and I want to respect that since they let me hang out there! But... no one of your categories is wrong, and I will say no more haha

guy has pics inside the car. pics of randy. whether or not he is making up the times im not sure.... but it looks like it ran between 1:37.8 and 1:38.04
Old 07-21-2016 | 09:59 AM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

I sent an email to the author of the article, Scott Evans. He replied with:

You sound like a conspiracy theorist man. Ford cherry picking track times for the GT350 that are done by magazines? Lol. If anyone, it's GM that's paying off the magazines.

"It didn't beat the z28. But..... I'll let you put it together from here. There were laps faster than the 1:39" directly from the thread you linked.
Do you think he is going to tell you they tested the z28 on beat tires? The proof is there in the links i posted with dates......very easy to see in their vid also. Not to mention the tale tale sign of how loose the car was.
Originally Posted by marc97taws6
I'll give Hio credit. He has the Mac'esque ability to look like an idiot and keep rolling with it.
I give you credit for making snarky comments that don't mean ****.
Idk.......i guess we will have to wait and see if the f gt can actually out run a vette. Either way gm don't make a carbon tubbed $400k car to compete directly.

So when you mentionex tires on the camaro earlier in this thread it meant nothing.....or were you trying to make a point.

Then blow off ultra's point. Hypocrite much?
A limited production limited run special vehicle? not sure they need to do anything

Corvette is going mid engine soon. Even so Im not sure they will make a big buck limited production type car. Not sure what that has to do with mustang vs Camaro though.

Randy Pobst ran a 1 min 37.8 in a z28. On a different day so who knows how that compares.

As far as tires Im just regurgitating the only thing ive heard ever since the Camaro started out handling the mustang model for model since 2012. I agree it is a stupid argument.
It will work its way out come lightning lap. Should be no bullshit of worn tires.....same track wuth none of this looking like furd is avoiding tracks with that car. None oh look our n-ring time beat the z28.....doesn't matter z28 was in **** poor conditions with a went track.

I think the cars are very competitive myself. I can't say where i see a knock out blow by the 2 seat gt350r vs the 10 yr old engine/chassis combo of the z28. If anything the gt350 barely sqeaked by.
Old 07-21-2016 | 10:33 AM
On The Tree

Writer of article emails Slowzz that the Z/28 tires were fresh.

*Hio somehow still ignores the fact in his head*
Old 07-21-2016 | 10:34 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Do you think he is going to tell you they tested the z28 on beat tires? The proof is there in the links i posted with dates......very easy to see in their vid also. Not to mention the tale tale sign of how loose the car was.

I give you credit for making snarky comments that don't mean ****.

Idk.......i guess we will have to wait and see if the f gt can actually out run a vette. Either way gm don't make a carbon tubbed $400k car to compete directly.

So when you mentionex tires on the camaro earlier in this thread it meant nothing.....or were you trying to make a point.

Then blow off ultra's point. Hypocrite much?

It will work its way out come lightning lap. Should be no bullshit of worn tires.....same track wuth none of this looking like furd is avoiding tracks with that car. None oh look our n-ring time beat the z28.....doesn't matter z28 was in **** poor conditions with a went track.

I think the cars are very competitive myself. I can't say where i see a knock out blow by the 2 seat gt350r vs the 10 yr old engine/chassis combo of the z28. If anything the gt350 barely sqeaked by.
Why do you think he wouldn't? Motortrend has shown bias to GM in the past. Regardless, they aren't going to test the Z/28 with worn tires - they would know how loaded that test would be. Even brand new tires can look worn halfway through a track day. Not sure why you have such a hard time swallowing the GT350R is faster than the outdated Z/28.

You're definitely in no position to call anyone a hypocrite. When I was talking about tires earlier it was a factual assessment of what tires actually came on the cars from the factory. Not some hypothetical situation where you only put slicks on one car and think its comparable. It's a bad argument no matter who uses it.

All I've heard since day 1 is a spewing stream of bullshit excuses coming from the GM camp since Ford came out with the GT350R and beat GM at their own game... all for $10k less.
Old 07-21-2016 | 10:41 AM
Teching In

This isn't the first time he's rejected reality to fit his own rhetoric. It's not even the first time in this thread.
Old 07-21-2016 | 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

The Virginia education system and reading comprehension seldomly go hand in hand.
You're definitely in no position to call anyone a hypocrite. When I was talking about tires earlier it was a factual assessment of what tires actually came on the cars from the factory. Not some hypothetical situation where you only put slicks on one car and think its comparable. It's a bad argument no matter who uses it.
You see, Hio wants similar testing conditions. Unless of course if they benefit the vehicle competing against the GM product.

There is a reason many folk on here have started using the term "hiopocrite"
Old 07-21-2016 | 10:48 AM
7 Second Club
10 Year Member

Both are 2 seaters?
Old 07-21-2016 | 11:03 AM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Why do you think he wouldn't? Motortrend has shown bias to GM in the past. Regardless, they aren't going to test the Z/28 with worn tires - they would know how loaded that test would be. Even brand new tires can look worn halfway through a track day. Not sure why you have such a hard time swallowing the GT350R is faster than the outdated Z/28.

All I've heard since day 1 is a spewing stream of bullshit excuses coming from the GM camp since Ford came out with the GT350R and beat GM at their own game... all for $10k less.
This isn't the first time he's rejected reality to fit his own rhetoric. It's not even the first time in this thread.
The fact is this is the reality . Again look at the dates. Why would we want to deligitimize his own test. Like i said .....it seems strange they have tested the gt350 on uncommon tracks.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/...t350r-mustang/

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/chevr...term-update-5/

I don't need a editor to tell me the tires were toast on the test when they have a update 8days later with the cords hanging out of the tire.
Old 07-21-2016 | 11:06 AM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
The Virginia education system and reading comprehension seldomly go hand in hand.

You see, Hio wants similar testing conditions. Unless of course if they benefit the vehicle competing against the GM product.

There is a reason many folk on here have started using the term "hiopocrite"
I always go for similar testing conditions. You know.....not one on rain soaked roads vs the other.
Originally Posted by islander033
Both are 2 seaters?
That's about as similar as they get. Funny part is it will likely be very very close.
Old 07-21-2016 | 11:14 AM
Teching In

The fact is this is the reality . Again look at the dates. Why would we want to deligitimize his own test. Like i said .....it seems strange they have tested the gt350 on uncommon tracks.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/...t350r-mustang/

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/chevr...term-update-5/

I don't need a editor to tell me the tires were toast on the test when they have a update 8days later with the cords hanging out of the tire.
Direct quote:

It didn’t hurt that the Z/28 was wearing brand-new tires, either. A few weeks back, my evening commute was interrupted by a flat tire noise but without the flat tire ride and handling. Turns out a strip on the inner edge of the left front tire had delaminated and was whipping against the wheelwell. The outer edge of the contact patch had life left in it, but the inner edge was completely worn out due to the serious negative camber specified by the track alignment.
A few backs would have dated that tire replacement event before the GT350R vs Z/28 comparison.

By the way, it's the same guy that wrote GT350R vs Z/28 article. Do you think he is incapable of keeping track of his own long term car?
Old 07-21-2016 | 11:33 AM
Teching In

So when is this race gonna happen??
Old 07-21-2016 | 11:48 AM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Direct quote:

A few backs would have dated that tire replacement event before the GT350R vs Z/28 comparison.

By the way, it's the same guy that wrote GT350R vs Z/28 article. Do you think he is incapable of keeping track of his own long term car?
According to the dates on the articles i posted it sure looks that way.
Old 07-21-2016 | 11:49 AM
Teching In

According to the dates on the articles i posted it sure looks that way.
So the timeline and editor both confirmed that the Z/28 had new tires when it was tested against the GT350R. What's the hangup?
Old 07-21-2016 | 11:50 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
So when is this race gonna happen??
The original poster hasn't been on in almost a month. I guess it won't.
Old 07-21-2016 | 11:52 AM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

The timeline is on dec14 the z28 vs the gt350 was tested then on dec 22 the z28 needed tires. Are you saying the editor don't know his own timeline?
Old 07-21-2016 | 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

If anyone were to know how it went down with an unbiased viewpoint, it is probably the editor
Old 07-21-2016 | 11:59 AM
Teching In

The timeline is on dec14 the z28 vs the gt350 was tested then on dec 22 the z28 needed tires. Are you saying the editor don't know his own timeline?
That Dec 22 article said the tires were replaced a few weeks ago. That would have put it before the Z28 vs GT350R. Did you even read the article?

Quick Reply: *Place your bets* GT350 vs stock 6th gen