Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Camaro vs E85 FBO lightened 2013 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 07:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OP your car has more than 4 mods but who's counting? Mod up! Your car does very good. Yes it was way more potential but so does that bro. I'll be honest it looked like more than a car but I'll take your word you seem like a good guy
Old 07-09-2016, 09:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by V8EATR
lol, you have a motor swap dude. You have a fast car man, no doubt. Just don't muddy the waters with what it is or isn't by talking/listening to Hio. That bro I bet is within 100lbs of you as well.
3300lb 5br0 could be 200lb lighter than a full weight t-top 4gen

Yea nwilson.....you're far better off listening to the furd guys on a chevy site than me.

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
So you will get him to drop his cars weight to 2800lbs without driver too?

Hio is shady..
Shady would be lying. You just lied.
Originally Posted by nwilson44
If you listen to him he's about 200 ibs lighter. Idk but that's all I can go by. I hardly have a motor swap. My car came with LS6 block and intake stock. When my motor blew I just put a LS6 in it. So effectively just the heads didn't come stock.
It's a replacement.

Btw...how hard you turn it?
Originally Posted by big hammer
Sure seems to save the synchro's in mine. Shifts way better too
Doh!
I turn ribbed condoms inside out for my pleasure
I like it!
Old 07-09-2016, 09:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

I only turn it to 6500
Old 07-09-2016, 09:37 PM
10 Second Club

**** dude....you are leaving alot on the table. With a cam your limiter shoukd be no less than 7k.....hell i shift at nearly 7k with a stock cam and will likely turn it harder once i finish up a couple things
Old 07-09-2016, 10:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well damn idk how far this cam will make power. My intake is keeping it from climbing.
Old 07-10-2016, 01:41 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Just rev it to 8k, according to hio it will just keep getting better. A full weight ws6 ta is 3500lbs. I would venture a guess your car with full exhaust even if the suspension isn't lighter is no more than 3400 with a half tank or less. Go to a scale once, I'm curious, maybe I'm wrong.

Also I don't care if you say you have a motor swapped or a heads cam ls1, it's not much different in my book, but nowhere near a bolt on car.
Old 07-10-2016, 04:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Well you should splain how much you think it helps. I mean you've had both right?

Btw....hows that auto treating ya?

I didn't say it saved my syncros....it helps save the faceplates tho. And it does help syncros also.

They're just butt hurt. You're car don't run bad for what you have goin on. A few changes and it will come to life real good.

Hell yea mang! Get on it!
The 60e is a horrible trans compared to a fp t56 like yours. No need to of own both when I've driven two vehicles and one had the t56 and the other has the 60e. However idk why you think the light weight clutch helps save the synchros when you have none.
Old 07-10-2016, 04:16 AM
Banned

Sure seems to save the synchro's in mine. Shifts way better too
You just said you had to fix your clutch 4 times in a span of 24k miles. So how long ago did you install this new light weight clutch? Also how light is your vehicle? Plus you had to drive it easy considering your 10 bolt went out then it was on its way out before you broke it again at the drag strip.
Old 07-10-2016, 07:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by "MAC"
You just said you had to fix your clutch 4 times in a span of 24k miles. So how long ago did you install this new light weight clutch? Also how light is your vehicle? Plus you had to drive it easy considering your 10 bolt went out then it was on its way out before you broke it again at the drag strip.
His 10 bolt has been destroyed a few times. All that LS torque. Bias ply tires only go so far
Old 07-10-2016, 08:10 AM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Mac.. You have no clue what a syncho is or does, or how it works. or how a clutch works, or how to fix them, or how one part affects another.
Old 07-10-2016, 08:36 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by nwilson44
Well damn idk how far this cam will make power. My intake is keeping it from climbing.
Idk....what's your dyno graph look like? I realize your lsa us much more narrow than a stock ls6 cam like i have but mine peaks at about 6400 and basically stays flat till he turned it off at 6700
Originally Posted by V8EATR
Just rev it to 8k, according to hio it will just keep getting better. A full weight ws6 ta is 3500lbs. I would venture a guess your car with full exhaust even if the suspension isn't lighter is no more than 3400 with a half tank or less. Go to a scale once, I'm curious, maybe I'm wrong.

Also I don't care if you say you have a motor swapped or a heads cam ls1, it's not much different in my book, but nowhere near a bolt on car.
No need to shift at 8k. A ls don't have to work as hard as a coyote to outrun one.
The 60e is a horrible trans compared to a fp t56 like yours. No need to of own both when I've driven two vehicles and one had the t56 and the other has the 60e. However idk why you think the light weight clutch helps save the synchros when you have none.
So you have bo clue ....that's what it looks like.
More wrong info. Hammer renewed his clutch to make the trip to mir just as insurance. It was fine. The other clutches he had was the issue.
Originally Posted by marc97taws6
His 10 bolt has been destroyed a few times. All that LS torque. Bias ply tires only go so far
I think this was the first 10bolt destruction. Neither of us has broke a 10bolt on bias tires. I don't think either of us has ran at the track on a bias tire.

3 guys right hear all capable of giving you vary wrong info.
Old 07-10-2016, 08:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think this was the first 10bolt destruction. Neither of us has broke a 10bolt on bias tires. I don't think either of us has ran at the track on a bias tire.
He's had to replace the gears on his 10 bolt and make repairs to it more than once.

It's pretty well known a bias ply tire takes some of the shock off of a 10 bolt while reducing trap up at higher speeds.

He needs a MWC 9" like you and then give it hell
Old 07-10-2016, 09:03 AM
10 Second Club

I put 3.73's in it, reused everything else.

Then switched to 3.90's. Still re used everything.

I didn't use loctite on the pinion nut and it backed off, ruining the gears and carrier. (My fault)

Rebuilt it then blew the carrier this summer. It only really blew once.
Old 07-10-2016, 09:04 AM
Banned

Mac.. You have no clue what a syncho is or does, or how it works. or how a clutch works, or how to fix them, or how one part affects another.
Hamma fact is you hado to replace your clutch several times and all we wanna know is when was the last time you fixed it?

Idk....what's your dyno graph look like? I realize your lsa us much more narrow than a stock ls6 cam like i have but mine peaks at about 6400 and basically stays flat till he turned it off at 6700

No need to shift at 8k. A ls don't have to work as hard as a coyote to outrun one.

So you have bo clue ....that's what it looks like.

More wrong info. Hammer renewed his clutch to make the trip to mir just as insurance. It was fine. The other clutches he had was the issue.

3 guys right hear all capable of giving you vary wrong info.

Again the 60e is horrible yet you wanna claim a light clutch helps saves the synchros yet you have none. How can you make this claim when you have none? You also said the fp trans didn't help you yet the fp trans helps you shift faster so how disn't it help you run quicker?

He's had to replace the gears on his 10 bolt and make repairs to it more than once.

It's pretty well known a bias ply tire takes some of the shock off of a 10 bolt while reducing trap up at higher speeds.

Marc your logic isn't good here only hio crew logic allowed
Old 07-10-2016, 09:06 AM
10 Second Club

Hamma fact is you hado to replace your clutch several times and all we wanna know is when was the last time you fixed it?

Again the 60e is horrible yet you wanna claim a light clutch helps saves the synchros yet you have none. How can you make this claim when you have none? You also said the fp trans didn't help you yet the fp trans helps you shift faster so how disn't it help you run quicker?

By your own logic you aren't allowed to make claims about light clutches and synchro's because you dont have any.
Old 07-10-2016, 09:29 AM
Banned

By your own logic you aren't allowed to make claims about light clutches and synchro's because you dont have any.
What logic? All I'm doing is simply stating how can you make an observation on how a light weight clutch saves the synchros when your car been hurt/wasn't driving it with the lighter clutch installed
Old 07-10-2016, 09:33 AM
10 Second Club

:
What logic? All I'm doing is simply stating how can you make an observation on how a light weight clutch saves the synchros when your car been hurt/wasn't driving it with the lighter clutch installed
Please explain in your own words the relationship between the clutch disc weight and the effect it has on the dynamics of the transmission And transmission parts shifting at various rpm.
Old 07-10-2016, 09:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol wow I really just got dumber reading Mac's last few posts.

Hammer doing good.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:44 AM
10 Second Club

Looks like he staightened it out fir you.

He dies need a 9".

Mac....you have no clue. You are borderline retard.
Mac and logic.......lol
Old 07-10-2016, 11:40 AM
Banned

:

Please explain in your own words the relationship between the clutch disc weight and the effect it has on the dynamics of the transmission And transmission parts shifting at various rpm.
I will once you answer my questions that I have already asked you. Fact is we all know you are just saying the same BS your BF says all the time. Hamma we know you're smarter than him so take that dick out for once.

Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
Lol wow I really just got dumber reading Mac's last few posts.

Hammer doing good.
You have no clue as to what is going on.

Looks like he staightened it out fir you.

He dies need a 9".

Mac....you have no clue. You are borderline retard.

Mac and logic.......lol
Again why are you tryn to help someone by saying a lighter clutch will help save synchros when you have none? Hell you tried arguing with a guy who sells performance clutches for a living and you said GM purposely put a heavy clutch in so it would wear out the synchros faster. Never mind they have to build cars to last 100k+ miles. I guess GM truly needs to ask your opinion on how to build a car bc the engineers they hired arent hio smart.

Quick Reply: Camaro vs E85 FBO lightened 2013 5.0