Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Camaro vs E85 FBO lightened 2013 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 12:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by "MAC"
If he is right then why did he get rid of his synchros even though he has a light weight clutch?
I did the clutch and the fp trans at the same time that's why. I was fixing the ****** problem on both endd and being done with it
As a matter of fact why have you even stated that youre even thinking about doing a faceplated t56 in your car? No need for a light clutch if you're going to a faceplated trans...
Fp is fun.......although probly not the fun like you have shifting a dick around.
Originally Posted by big hammer
I realize that some here are upset. But the only clutch that actually went out on me was the stock one. I threw away the ls7 clutch because it sucked. Too heavy. Weird!
Man you really gotta spell it out for these guys....2 and 3 times even.
Old 07-10-2016, 12:49 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
...Man you really gotta spell it out for these guys....2 and 3 times even.
Ya 4 clutches in 24k miles is really ever good.
Old 07-10-2016, 12:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

I went from extreme to extreme.. Heavy ls7 clutch to light twin disc. Not sure who else in the conversation has done the same and experienced the results. But the small light clutch shifts much quicker and easier than the big heavy one. If you understand the mechanics and physics of what's going on there it makes sense. Not difficult to learn either of you have an open mind.
Old 07-10-2016, 12:57 PM
7 Second Club

I went from extreme to extreme.. Heavy ls7 clutch to light twin disc. Not sure who else in the conversation has done the same and experienced the results. But the small light clutch shifts much quicker and easier than the big heavy one. If you understand the mechanics and physics of what's going on there it makes sense. Not difficult to learn either of you have an open mind.
Splain the physics to the class?
Old 07-10-2016, 12:58 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by islander033
Splain the physics to the class?
What do synchro's do?
Old 07-10-2016, 01:01 PM
7 Second Club

So no splain for anything from Hammer today, AKA "Grandmasterclutch". sadness
Old 07-10-2016, 01:05 PM
10 Second Club

So no splain for anything from Hammer today, AKA "Grandmasterclutch". sadness
I'm trying to step you through it. If you don't know the answer that's perfectly fine, but just say so.
Old 07-10-2016, 01:13 PM
7 Second Club

I'm trying to step you through it. If you don't know the answer that's perfectly fine, but just say so.
Still no splains for all the splains I've requested from you as of late?

PS. Feel free to school me on what you think you know about stuff. lol
Old 07-10-2016, 01:44 PM
10 Second Club

Still no splains for all the splains I've requested from you as of late?

PS. Feel free to school me on what you think you know about stuff. lol
What do synchronizes do? Feel free to google if you want.
Old 07-10-2016, 01:44 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol so basically what we gather is hamma continues to dance around questions with out answering them. Obviously a lighter clutch would make the car feel quicker. You're not only making the trans more efficient but reducing rotational weight which will help you be a bit quicker. Thanks for not answering my questions hamma. As far as doug, you did a faceplated trans and light weight clutch at the same time yet you say the light weight clutch will help the synchros. How would you know? Like you said you did light weight clutch and FACEPLATED TRANS at the same time... so basically you got rid of the synchros made it easier to grab the next gear and improved the efficiency of your t56 congrats. The FP took care of your synchros not the light weight clutch.
Old 07-10-2016, 01:50 PM
10 Second Club

Lol so basically what we gather is hamma continues to dance around questions with out answering them. Obviously a lighter clutch would make the car feel quicker. You're not only making the trans more efficient but reducing rotational weight which will help you be a bit quicker. Thanks for not answering my questions hamma. As far as doug, you did a faceplated trans and light weight clutch at the same time yet you say the light weight clutch will help the synchros. How would you know? Like you said you did light weight clutch and FACEPLATED TRANS at the same time... so basically you got rid of the synchros made it easier to grab the next gear and improved the efficiency of your t56 congrats. The FP took care of your synchros not the light weight clutch.
It appears as though all of you transmission experts can't even explain something as simple as what synchronizes do.
Old 07-10-2016, 02:04 PM
Banned

It appears as though all of you transmission experts can't even explain something as simple as what synchronizes do.
Nah man plenty of sources out there that you can read so you know what they do. We just dancing around questions we don't wanna answer like you. No biggie
Old 07-10-2016, 02:11 PM
10 Second Club

Nah man plenty of sources out there that you can read so you know what they do. We just dancing around questions we don't wanna answer like you. No biggie
I'm judging your ability and willingness to learn. You seem much more content in ignorance. However I would be happy to step up through it if you're willing.
Old 07-10-2016, 04:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

I don't think they eeehhhh a speaka no english hammer
Old 07-10-2016, 05:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

If I had a penny for all these argument posts I'd have my heads and intake already
Old 07-10-2016, 05:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nwilson44
If I had a penny for all these argument posts I'd have my heads and intake already
Welcome to SRK man... Hiocrew is the biggest offender in here.
Old 07-10-2016, 05:27 PM
10 Second Club

Intakes are pretty good!
Old 07-10-2016, 06:36 PM
Teching In

Why didn't you guys notify me in here? Lol. I'd venture to say I have busted more Transmissions than anyone arguing in here. Trust me it's not a good thing. Thousands upon thousands of dollars and has almost made me give up on cars multiple times. Yes a light weight clutch will absolutely make the trans live longer....it's easier on the Synchro's which also carries into the gears.....the lighter weight slamming into them at higher RPM the better. Faceplated helps tremendously. I really wish I could have afforded it when I did this swap but I just couldn't swing it. Down the road I am sure I will do it.....but in the mean time I hope this one lasts awhile.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Right there with ya, brudder
Old 07-10-2016, 07:18 PM
Banned

I'm judging your ability and willingness to learn. You seem much more content in ignorance. However I would be happy to step up through it if you're willing.
My willingness to learn is just fine. I know exactly what synchros do for a manual transmission. All I'm getting at is you keep saying the same thing hio says but have no data to back it up. Hell you just out a lighter clutch in, couldn't drive the car most of the year bc of your harsh winters, then the rear end broke twice. So tell us exactly how many miles you driven with the lighter clutch. Or are you gonna dance around that yet again?

Originally Posted by corysmach1
Why didn't you guys notify me in here? Lol. I'd venture to say I have busted more Transmissions than anyone arguing in here. Trust me it's not a good thing. Thousands upon thousands of dollars and has almost made me give up on cars multiple times. Yes a light weight clutch will absolutely make the trans live longer....it's easier on the Synchro's which also carries into the gears.....the lighter weight slamming into them at higher RPM the better. Faceplated helps tremendously. I really wish I could have afforded it when I did this swap but I just couldn't swing it. Down the road I am sure I will do it.....but in the mean time I hope this one lasts awhile.
Exactly, I never said it wouldn't however hio is talking like that's what saved his synchros when in fact he has none lol.

Quick Reply: Camaro vs E85 FBO lightened 2013 5.0