Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2016 Camero SS vs 5.br0

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 07:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
How so? Please explain how magically the 5br0 is gonna surpass either engine under the same conditions.

Realistically the 5br0 won't touch them on pump.

It will be interesting when ls3 vs coyote comparison gets to boosting both engines. Hopefully they run them at the same psi and efficiency levels. Coyote will stand no chance if they do......especially if they stay on pump gas.
And hopefully they can get someone who actually knows how to tune a Coyote to do the tuning next comparison. Sai Li or Ken Bejonnes would be 2 good picks.
Old 09-06-2016, 07:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
I did plenty, i googled searched and I also searched on YT. Sorry, the 5th gen doesn't make as much power as the br0 with a 2.3.

I'm not at all concerned about the times I ran on stock 255 all seasons with 400 miles on the car after sitting on the staging lanes for 45 minutes after a 2hr drive to the track. My AITs were just under 140 on that run.
You were pulling about 4 degrees of timing at that IAT. 150 will pull 5 degrees.
Old 09-06-2016, 10:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did plenty, i googled searched and I also searched on YT. Sorry, the 5th gen doesn't make as much power as the br0 with a 2.3.

I'm not at all concerned about the times I ran on stock 255 all seasons with 400 miles on the car after sitting on the staging lanes for 45 minutes after a 2hr drive to the track. My AITs were just under 140 on that run.
Lord help Hio when we put some tires on our cars. Lol

My ears are ringing already. Or will it be the passive treatment?
Old 09-06-2016, 11:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 451 Likes on 355 Posts

Ice down glory? Where dude? Get a clue, people bolt on a whipple kit to a coyote and put down 650whp on whipple's concervative tuning. I see 5g putting down high 500s low 600s on the same kit.
Like i said.....look around

Why would you use the same kit on 2 different motors?
Originally Posted by Poppacapp
And hopefully they can get someone who actually knows how to tune a Coyote to do the tuning next comparison. Sai Li or Ken Bejonnes would be 2 good picks.
Lol.......not gonna make up that difference. Coyote got it's *** handed to it. Then when the coyote guys cried about a intake they put a intake on it. Then when they put a intake on the ls3 it gapped it more.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:21 PM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Lol.......not gonna make up that difference. Coyote got it's *** handed to it. Then when the coyote guys cried about a intake they put a intake on it. Then when they put a intake on the ls3 it gapped it more.
You said the LS3 responds better to boost no? What other way than to use the same blower on both cars. Wait, are you gonna cry "unfair"?
Old 09-06-2016, 11:59 PM
11 Second Club

We are not worried about boosted results. The results from tracks and streets with FI Coyotes gapping GMs best are proof enough
Old 09-07-2016, 12:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

We are not worried about boosted results. The results from tracks and streets with FI Coyotes gapping GMs best are proof enough
Lol ok

Of course you're not. A direct and fair comparison on an engine dyno with all variables removed means little. Gotcha.

If the results are in your favor im sure you'll be all for them.
Old 09-07-2016, 12:21 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
Lol ok

Of course you're not. A direct and fair comparison on an engine dyno with all variables removed means little. Gotcha.

If the results are in your favor im sure you'll be all for them.
Like I said... all we need to do is see all the gappins that the boosted yote are putting on Gmers.
Old 09-07-2016, 12:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Like I said... all we need to do is see all the gappins that the boosted yote are putting on Gmers.
Not sure I really agree but ok.

And whats new Furd has always needed an extra lung, physically larger motor, extra cams and 1000 valves to compete

Can't really be compared motor to motor same old story.

When are you putting your 5.0 on bipap?
Old 09-07-2016, 01:02 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
Not sure I really agree but ok.

And whats new Furd has always needed an extra lung, physically larger motor, extra cams and 1000 valves to compete

Can't really be compared motor to motor same old story.

When are you putting your 5.0 on bipap?
Just stroking the troll sack mang.. Boost is being put off in lieu of a garage with lift. Need somewhere to work on and play with the car. 25x30 with a 4 post lift most likely. Twins will come next fall.. or summer.
Old 09-07-2016, 01:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just stroking the troll sack mang.. Boost is being put off in lieu of a garage with lift. Need somewhere to work on and play with the car. 25x30 with a 4 post lift most likely. Twins will come next fall.. or summer.
Same here it's cool.

All I can say with a barn is go bigger than what you think you need. You run out of room fast. Gramps has a 20 x 40 we work in with a hoist. It's just enough.

Good luck
Old 09-07-2016, 06:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm curious to see how the new lt1 holds up to boost once guys figure them out a bit more.
Old 09-07-2016, 09:57 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
I'm curious to see how the new lt1 holds up to boost once guys figure them out a bit more.
I'm planning on pushing the envelope and finding out.
Old 09-07-2016, 10:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fast02Z06
Do it up. Maybe you'll be the first GM vehicle that doesn't come from the factory with a PD blower with a PD blower I would be impressed with.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:35 AM
10 Second Club

Received 451 Likes on 355 Posts

You said the LS3 responds better to boost no? What other way than to use the same blower on both cars. Wait, are you gonna cry "unfair"?
I said the ls3 flows more air. With that in mind why would you put the same blower on 2 different motors.

Please answer with out asking a question for a reply. I have now asked the same quetion twice.
Lolz........you were worried about the n/a results till you got

Ultra summed ut up well.
Originally Posted by Fast02Z06
You push no envolopes. Your builds suck and your to dumb to know it.
Old 09-07-2016, 01:26 PM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

I said the ls3 flows more air. With that in mind why would you put the same blower on 2 different motors.

Please answer with out asking a question for a reply. I have now asked the same quetion twice.

Lolz........you were worried about the n/a results till you got

Ultra summed ut up well.

You push no envolopes. Your builds suck and your to dumb to know it.
Here's what you said, pretty black and white....." Coyote will stand no chance if they do......especially if they stay on pump gas.".

If you put the same TVS blower on both then you eliminate blower efficiency and displacement. Let me guess you want the Ls3 to run an F1R while the mustang uses a P1SC? I would say don't be a retard, but too late, you've gone full retard.
Old 09-07-2016, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

If I had a bro I would go boost for sure. Especially the new ones. They pick up crazy with boost
Old 09-07-2016, 07:32 PM

have a question about which cold air intake is the best hp gain and best price just bought a 16 1ss a couple of months ago and it time to mod a few things who has done what a what kind of gains ?
Old 09-07-2016, 08:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iamdon5829
have a question about which cold air intake is the best hp gain and best price just bought a 16 1ss a couple of months ago and it time to mod a few things who has done what a what kind of gains ?
C5 questions all over again..
Old 09-07-2016, 09:53 PM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by iamdon5829
incase u havent noticed the only camaro results in here that are proper are mentioned by hio so he should set u on a good path but if u want results from someone that owns one ask the guy he is arguing with but i dont believe he has mods yet but may know which ones are proving to help based off other owners results

Quick Reply: 2016 Camero SS vs 5.br0