Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Stock Boss 302 vs LBO 6gen

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 06:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by corysmach1
I'm not convinced yet. A8 is its saviour.

Do you not like the LT1?
Old 09-12-2016, 06:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 408-99-f
Do you not like the LT1?
I actually love them. Great cars and great motors. I told the wife she should get one but she likes the Mustang better so we shall see.
Old 09-12-2016, 06:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 408-99-f
Do you not like the LT1?
Cory has said in here many times he likes the ls3 and lt1. As far as real world results go he just isn't convinced the lt1 has outperformed the coyote motor just yet.
Old 09-12-2016, 07:17 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Cory has said in here many times he likes the ls3 and lt1. As far as real world results go he just isn't convinced the lt1 has outperformed the coyote motor just yet.
Nailed it.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:04 AM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Lt1 outperforms the coyote quite badly stock for stock
Old 09-12-2016, 08:08 AM
10 Second Club

Received 434 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by ZNix
80rwhp my ***.

And that Boss is about the equivalent of Hio's car.
Lolz......probably not. Link please (5)
Doug I do my best to be cool with you but you just keep letting me down. I said the "CHANGES" he made are massive. Now please stay with me here.....that means he did stuff to his car to make it lighter, more power, better gearing, tons of drivetrain loss. This is what I mean your so brand loyal your literally ******* blind. You absolutely think every single car ******* fails unless it's a GM. So I take your calling your best friend Phil a liar? Because he has said the track I run at is absolutely terrible. And ahh one more thing your entire crew said DB went 124.....the video showed 123.xx so I was trying to be just like you guys. For the 2nd time hit me up in the group I'll show ya the links. I have all the info waiting for you to tear down and bash him just like you do every one else but let's do it in the main group. One last thing......I am ready to race you.....
It's obvious your track is terrible for anything not a coyote. Btw.....what did you run there stock?

Still no link for the boss? (6)

Why would i bash it? Quick car but likely not comparable to mine like you think. This is why i keep asking for a link (7).

Most likely it's not comparable or you would happily post the link (8). Since when dud we go to a special boss motor over the coyote? Is it because the coyote is only comparable so you thought you would throw a limited production cnc'd headed motor in for the w?

Maybe others here would like to see the link also (9). If you have it then post it here......no reason to only post it in kik.

I'm still trying to finish my car up. It'll take me a bit yet.

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
You drive and setup your car to run on fuel that would cost you 100 bucks to go to town and back?

you take a couple year old car and totally destroy it and make a race car out of it?

nice...very realistic. good image of what the typical bolt on owner should be capable of.

The next guy that puts on headers and a tune should be looking for 9s. pretty solid.
Its stupid is a dumb 20yr old punk
Yep...your *** is right. Total gains over 91-93 pump. An aftermarket trans and race fuel is equivalent to stock tranny and 93? wow I didn't know love of a car could make someone drop 50 iq points. but hey whatever keeps you warm at night.

The "legendary" bolt on 5.0 that evolution built made over 500 rwhp. it was still running the stock intake manifold. Full exhaust and CAI. It was making 43x rwhp before the switch to race fuel.

Don't know what to tell you. take it up with them.
As far as i know there has only been 1 coyote make it to the 10s in pump......and he was probably lying.
Originally Posted by big hammer
LS has been faster than coyote or roadrunner stock or modded. Period.

A lot faster.
Troof bomb right there
Lol your lost. E85 is worth 10-12 hp. I paid $1.48 for it yesterday. That Boss is very comparable to Dougs car. Dougs car is faceplated and engine swapped though. The Boss is a lot heavier though and valve covers have never been off it....100% sealed motor. Actual bolt on car. FTW fuel is good stuff. Very expensive but it's worth 16-20rwhp over E85....so 30rwhp over pump....not 80rwhp lol.
So are you only running e85 for the fuel economy of it?

Here's the problem. ....5br0s have been running alternative power making fuels for sometime and consider it normal. When the **** did running nearly $40 gal fuel become normal?
I think you meant you're champ. If the sentence sounds like you should say you are...then use you're.

e85 makes 35rwhp alone from stock. Well when I say that's what the lt1 gained...that's what the 5.0 crowd claims. But in other threads it does nothing.

It made over 500 rwhp with whatever fuel they were using. With nothing but a full exhaust 5.0. Take it up with them. Probably lots of bs and 5.faggotry going on with the article not my fault. But go ahead and call me lost and that its not a big deal. Would have ran just as hard on 91 im sure. Totally normal to pick up 20 mph in trap speed from some headers and a pump tune. Just a couple bolt ons.

Find me a 9 second coyote on 93 pump gas sealed motor. Should take about 5 minutes if ftw adds 30 hp.
Find one running 10.8 on pump would be a big enough chore.
I thought we were talking Coyotes. Yea the LT-1 gains 8rwhp on pump gas tune (maxed out). Coyotes gain 30 on pump gas....but yes the new LT-1 does gain 30rwhp on E85 now I know the answer as to why.....but do you? Go ahead and search around I'll be waiting here all night for ya
Wow.......coyotes gain 30hp in pump? Probably not without adjusting the valvetrain.

Show me a 400whp tune only pump gas 5br0 please.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:12 AM
10 Second Club

I've said i like the coyote to. It just don't out perform ls stuff. And there is proof if that.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Yep...your *** is right. Total gains over 91-93 pump. An aftermarket trans and race fuel is equivalent to stock tranny and 93? wow I didn't know love of a car could make someone drop 50 iq points. but hey whatever keeps you warm at night.

The "legendary" bolt on 5.0 that evolution built made over 500 rwhp. it was still running the stock intake manifold. Full exhaust and CAI. It was making 43x rwhp before the switch to race fuel.

Don't know what to tell you. take it up with them.
Want to show me the article or..? I don't own a Coyote and never will. You can't really say I am clouded by them. I just say how **** really is. The Boss's build is exactly how Hio would have done it save for the fuel. Hio has a built/faceplates t56 not stock. And you're giving this guy **** for putting a better built trans in his car? Lol you're not that smart huh? P.S. the race weight of the car is still more than Hio... by a lot.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HioSSilver

It's obvious your track is terrible for anything not a coyote. Btw.....what did you run there stock?

Why would i bash it? Quick car but likely not comparable to mine like you think. This is why i keep asking for a link (7).

Most likely it's not comparable or you would happily post the link (8). Since when dud we go to a special boss motor over the coyote? Is it because the coyote is only comparable so you thought you would throw a limited production cnc'd headed motor in for the w?

Maybe others here would like to see the link also (9). If you have it then post it here......no reason to only post it in kik.

As far as i know there has only been 1 coyote make it to the 10s in pump......and he was probably lying.

Troof bomb right there

Here's the problem. ....5br0s have been running alternative power making fuels for sometime and consider it normal. When the **** did running nearly $40 gal fuel become normal?

Wow.......coyotes gain 30hp in pump? Probably not without adjusting the valvetrain.

when did hole sawing your chassis, motor swapping just a catfish and faceplating your trans become just a bolt on car?
Old 09-12-2016, 08:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've said i like the coyote to. It just don't out perform ls stuff. And there is proof if that.
Any 10 second bolt on 6Gs out there yet? I'm actually curious. I think once the aftermarket catches up there will be many.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:35 AM
10 Second Club

Please post link to said boss so we can make our own decisions on how like/dislike it is (10)

Oh yea cory......as far as the mph rounding on redbirds car. That was done to mock you.....you weren't doin that to mock us. The proof of tgat is you saying on here multiple times that you went 126 cammed. Actual number was 125.8. Also unsure of your bolt on # being 120. It very well could have been 119.7 or .6 or .5. All coukd be rounded to 120 if one so chose. I choose not to......look below for proof.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:39 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
when did hole sawing your chassis, motor swapping just a catfish and faceplating your trans become just a bolt on car?
No holes in muh chassis....said that many times.

No matter the chassis it doesn't change that my ls6 is a bolt on engine. Trans is stock trans with no syncros in 1-4. Not a aftermarket trans.

Please post some info on your own car
Any 10 second bolt on 6Gs out there yet? I'm actually curious. I think once the aftermarket catches up there will be many.
Any stock 11 sec coyotes out there?
Old 09-12-2016, 08:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Any stock 11 sec coyotes out there?
Deflection noted. It was just an honest question.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:58 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Troof bomb right there

Just a note... you keep mentioning "rare motor with cnc heads etc".. but the 2015+ 5.0 flows just as good and makes and can hold just as much power as that "rare" Boss
Old 09-12-2016, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by ZNix
Want to show me the article or..? I don't own a Coyote and never will. You can't really say I am clouded by them. I just say how **** really is. The Boss's build is exactly how Hio would have done it save for the fuel. Hio has a built/faceplates t56 not stock. And you're giving this guy **** for putting a better built trans in his car? Lol you're not that smart huh? P.S. the race weight of the car is still more than Hio... by a lot.
Not giving anything calling exactly how it is. It's not a simple bolt on car it has an aftermarket tranny. It's also running race fuel. It is not comparable to hios car IMO.

The 500+ rwhp bolt on 5.0 has been done by both jpc and evolution. Its obvious it won't make a difference to some so I'm not wasting my time finding the links. Let's just assume over 500 rwhp is normal for a couple bolt ons on a 5.0 and that if you mention the fuel you're an idiot. It's pretty comparable to 93. This thread is only good for a laugh to me now.
Old 09-12-2016, 11:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

UltraZ, you seem pretty up to date and informed on 6Gs - do you know of any 10 second bolt on 6Gs yet?

I'm sure there will be many to come once the aftermarket catches up.
Old 09-12-2016, 11:14 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Not giving anything calling exactly how it is. It's not a simple bolt on car it has an aftermarket tranny. It's also running race fuel. It is not comparable to hios car IMO.

The 500+ rwhp bolt on 5.0 has been done by both jpc and evolution. Its obvious it won't make a difference to some so I'm not wasting my time finding the links. Let's just assume over 500 rwhp is normal for a couple bolt ons on a 5.0 and that if you mention the fuel you're an idiot. It's pretty comparable to 93. This thread is only good for a laugh to me now.
You are right. Its NOT comparable to a motor swapped gutted 4th gen
Old 09-12-2016, 11:16 AM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Typical FBO br0 is in the 400-430 RWHP range
Old 09-12-2016, 11:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

UltraZ, you seem pretty up to date and informed on 6Gs - do you know of any 10 second bolt on 6Gs yet?

I'm sure there will be many to come once the aftermarket catches up.
Given the price tag and somewhat newer aftermarket for them I'm not surprised I haven't heard much either. What it really takes as with any platform is weight reduction and or some good fuel. Not many people ripping apart the cars yet IMO.

I know of a low 7 1/8th mile with e85 and converter only which translates to like 11.3. That should be a 10 second car FBO same conditions easily. May have been CC perf car but can't remember. Just ftw and converter could probably do it as well. Have a 10.8 cam only in 2500 DA. He's the fastest na so far that I know of. Leaving about 30 rwhp on the table with stock intake on a cammed car. The msd is engineered for top end gains and good to ~7000 rpm. Perfect for cam. Other than drag pack the car is full weight from what I've seen.

Tsloper on 6g is breaking new ground on the e85 issue as well. If I'm lucky enough to be in one next summer it should be well sorted out as well as a clearer picture of the aftermarket.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=466456

Last edited by UltraZLS1; 09-12-2016 at 11:48 AM.
Old 09-12-2016, 11:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Given the price tag and somewhat newer aftermarket for them I'm not surprised I haven't heard much either. What it really takes as with any platform is weight reduction and or some good fuel. Not many people ripping apart the cars yet IMO.

I know of a low 7 1/8th mile with e85 and converter only which translates to like 11.3. That should be a 10 second car FBO same conditions easily. May have been CC perf car but can't remember. Just ftw and converter could probably do it as well.

Tsloper on 6g is breaking new ground on the e85 issue as well. If I'm lucky enough to be in one next summer it should be well sorted out as well as a clearer picture of the aftermarket.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=466456
I'm interested to see how it plays out as well. I know CC (ochristano) on here ran 7.2X-7.3X in the 1/8th with e85, converter, NPP, cat delete, wheel/tire but think he ran like 11.4-11.5 in the 1/4. Curious to see what he can do in better DA.

I know one c7 (a6) has hit the 10's with bolt ons but I'm just curious to see how many more do after the aftermarket catches up.

Quick Reply: Stock Boss 302 vs LBO 6gen