Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 07:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
It had a 3400 raceweight.

What was hios raceweight?

Id consider much heavier like 300+lbs.

funny we are still splitting hairs against a 15 year old motor on pump.
Hios TRUE raceweight is about 3000lbs. Fake raceweight is 3280
Old 09-12-2016, 07:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

It was 3400RW when it ran 134, not sure about when it was on E.

Hio is 31xx
Old 09-12-2016, 07:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by ZNix

Hio is 31xx
3450 at heaviest when on e85 at some point. was 3400 on e85 for his best e85 times as well before making only 1 change which was the fuel. People in the thread were shocked and impressed with the gains from this fuel. As was the owner. As well as the rest of the world if you search around. Its only been on the market a few years. "heavily oxygenated e85 with an octane rating of 120". They only make one more fuel type even more powerful and expensive called ftw clear. Maybe that's in the bag of tricks for the latest amazing times. They also make ftw orange that's 116.

http://www.jpcracing.com/ftw-racing-fuel-5g-can-purple/

its the choice fuel of mustangs everywhere it looks like. yet another sealed record breaker at jpc running into the 9s with it at the bottom of the page. Like ive said this type of build and numbers are nothing new lately on this fuel.
Old 09-12-2016, 07:38 PM
Teching In

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I was on 91 and 6gens would've still lost
Old 09-12-2016, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Its Stock
I was on 91 and 6gens would've still lost
From what ive seen you claim it ran and what was done I am impressed.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Link?
Old 09-12-2016, 08:35 PM
Teching In

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

From what ive seen you claim it ran and what was done I am impressed.
Thanks. I'd say it did pretty good considering. I didn't get a good ET out of it since I didn't feel like driving over an hour every weekend for just an 1/8th track, but it did MPH really well the last time out.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was pretty impressed by your trap too
Old 09-12-2016, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

From what ive seen so far the s197 is a faster car stock and mod for mod than the s550. Much better match for the 6g imo.

or it could just be time etc...
Old 09-12-2016, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

From what ive seen so far the s197 is a faster car stock and mod for mod than the s550. Much better match for the 6g imo.

or it could just be time etc...
9's with bolt ons is pretty impressive.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by corysmach1
Doug my car did break 121 bolt ons. 121.xx.....oh yeah at +3200 DA and a raceweight of 3760lbs. The car was stock suspension and under geared. I'm sorry that bothers you guys. There has already been people on here message me about the Boss....so in my eyes the people that care about it already know about it. You just wanna talk about here because 99.9% of this site is as delusional as you and cannot give another car credit. We already know your gonna tear this Boss down so get in kik where we can talk about it.....forums take forever.
Originally Posted by corysmach1
Of course you think he is lying....is that because you lie? I know the changes he has made and I am not sure where your gonna pick up close to a second and 8-10mph to beat him.
YI like forums better. I can qoute and get back to it in my good ole time.

Strange about your 121......you claimed 120.....now 121. You're everywhere man. But i lie......ok...lol

I just don't think that's the complete mod list that's all. Good running car tho.

Well ftw would give somewhere around .3 and 3mph. So him with out that or me with it he and i would be close mph wise. I can gain a ton of et in the 60' yet. Remember. ...I'm leaving at part throttle even with the 9" to keep the tire under me. I think with my changes i should pick up some decent power to even on pump. Hell I've been spinning a ps pump to..... i can bypass that to make **** more equal.

Now there are lots of things I'm simply not gonna do. I won't do race brakes.....i won't do dedicated drag suspension......i won't gut the car........likely will never run ftw. So some cars will just have to be faster than me......and i won't give 2 ***** about that. Not that thete is anything wrong with that stuff....I'm just simply not gonna do it. But you never look at the potential of those mods on a ls car......only a coyotah.

They can rev just as high without a problem. Makes no sense with stock Intake. Although it flows better than the boss intake low and mid range, the boss carries more power above 700prpm. The GT350 IM more than fixes that issue though. Power handling wise, they handle the same power. New 5.0 can handle 900rwhp SLB without breaking a sweat. Its hp plus rpm that seems to get the opgs... and I would change those as a precaution anyway.

Wait till Nanner gets a set of twins. It will move out for sure.
Opg is not slb. Not sbe either.
He gained 4 mph over e85 after switching to ftw. No big deal I know.

He didn't even trap as high as hio on 93 when it was on e85.

Those are just the facts. Not taking a side.

and were still comparing this to a 15 year old motor.
Good info. Ftw really picks one up.
Originally Posted by big hammer
Bolt on ls6 10.0 135. 9.5 @ 140 cam only
Yup

My rw was 3250 last time out.
Lie
Originally Posted by ZNix

Hio is 31xx
More lie

I've said my rw several times and posted a pic of the car on the scale. No reason to keep hashing out dumb ****. Yall act like women on the rag.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
9's with bolt ons is pretty impressive.
Yes it is. But I do think that term is an insult to the time and money that goes into the cars running these times. IMO. They will dust off the average boosted build etc.

Im more interested in what a car can do realistically for me. A real bolt on car as id call it.
As in minor weight reduction (not going to destroy my newer vehicle), decent daily driving characteristics and fuel that is readily available at a pump. If I wanted a race car I would build a race car not buy a new or newer 30-40k car and destroy it to make one.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes it is. But I do think that term is an insult to the time and money that goes into the cars running these times. IMO. They will dust off the average boosted build etc.

Im more interested in what a car can do realistically for me. A real bolt on car as id call it.
As in minor weight reduction (not going to destroy my newer vehicle), decent daily driving characteristics and fuel that is readily available at a pump. If I wanted a race car I would build a race car not buy a new or newer 30-40k car and destroy it to make one.
Maybe the 6G will go 10's with bolt ons like the Coyote since the 5G couldn't do it. I'm very confident many might.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Typically a bolt on bro in normal people air is a mid/low 12 car
Old 09-12-2016, 09:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by big hammer
Typically a bolt on bro in normal people air is a mid/low 12 car
Troof. Same day same track as that low 12 second LBO Br0, a H/C 5G is going low 12's too.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
YI like forums better. I can qoute and get back to it in my good ole time.

Strange about your 121......you claimed 120.....now 121. You're everywhere man. But i lie......ok...lol

I just don't think that's the complete mod list that's all. Good running car tho.

Well ftw would give somewhere around .3 and 3mph. So him with out that or me with it he and i would be close mph wise. I can gain a ton of et in the 60' yet. Remember. ...I'm leaving at part throttle even with the 9" to keep the tire under me. I think with my changes i should pick up some decent power to even on pump. Hell I've been spinning a ps pump to..... i can bypass that to make **** more equal.

Now there are lots of things I'm simply not gonna do. I won't do race brakes.....i won't do dedicated drag suspension......i won't gut the car........likely will never run ftw. So some cars will just have to be faster than me......and i won't give 2 ***** about that. Not that thete is anything wrong with that stuff....I'm just simply not gonna do it. But you never look at the potential of those mods on a ls car......only a coyotah.

Opg is not slb. Not sbe either.

Good info. Ftw really picks one up.

Yup

My rw was 3250 last time out.

Lie

More lie

I've said my rw several times and posted a pic of the car on the scale. No reason to keep hashing out dumb ****. Yall act like women on the rag.
The race weight of my 98 no option hard top was 354x 1/3 tank of fuel. I typically weigh 235-255 depending on my lifting regimen which I cant recall what it was back then on that day. All I had removed was the spare and jack and the monsoon amp that was worthless. Had longtubes and orx dumped with bullets which drop weight too.

So you've taken about ~250 lbs out of it? I don't know what you weigh. Pretty comparable to the boss as far as wr imo
Old 09-12-2016, 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Troof. Same day same track as that low 12 second LBO Br0, a H/C 5G is going low 12's too.
That's a weak *** h/c car.

I would literally bet you my soul my 10 would freight train a roll against anything less than fbo with e85.

You talking about a mild cam l99 im sure.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would literally bet you my soul my 10 would freight train a roll against anything less than fbo with e85.

TSP ported heads, tsp vvt4 cam, full exhaust, cai, stall, DRs
Old 09-12-2016, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

TSP ported heads, tsp vvt4 cam, full exhaust, cai, stall, DRs
Ive ridden in LBO 5.0 cars.

It wasn't even in the same zip code as mine. Like I wouldn't even waste my gas. And we didn't.

Ive seen the gpi stg 4 cam go 10s in the 5g a couple times...so im not sure whats up with the car you seen. sounds terribly slow.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

The race weight of my 98 no option hard top was 354x 1/3 tank of fuel. I typically weigh 235-255 depending on my lifting regimen which I cant recall what it was back then on that day. All I had removed was the spare and jack and the monsoon amp that was worthless. Had longtubes and orx dumped with bullets which drop weight too.

So you've taken about ~250 lbs out of it? I don't know what you weigh. Pretty comparable to the boss as far as wr imo
I weigh 160-165. My car is a ht too. I could run it lighter if i wanted to but that's what it weighed that day. Still plenty of wr coukd be done to it. I had all my dd junk it, jack/spare and 3/4 tank if gas. Hopefully it will lose a little weight with my lastest mods but it won't be anything drastic. I put my stock seats back in it so it picked up 30lb there. But i lost 26-28lb of rotating with changing tires.

He always talks about the same bad example like that's all there is.

Quick Reply: Stock Boss 302 vs LBO 6gen