6gen 1LE and the gappins chronicles

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
Nice Ultra, getting a new vehicle is always exciting. Lol
Thanks

I didn't sleep last night not for one minute lol. Was up all night thinking/contemplating just thinking about everything. I feel like a zombie right now.

In the end it was just too good of a deal. The excellent financing was just the nail in the coffin. I'm still waiting for something to go wrong it was all so easy and worked out perfectly for me to afford it. And comfortably... with money for some mods. **** never happens
Old 10-08-2016, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, 20% off with wiggle room for more with cash sale was very tempting for me to just throw the Poopstang up for sale. First year GM still has me hesitant. Guess that is what a warranty is for.
Old 10-08-2016, 09:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
Thanks

I didn't sleep last night not for one minute lol. Was up all night thinking/contemplating just thinking about everything. I feel like a zombie right now.

In the end it was just too good of a deal. The excellent financing was just the nail in the coffin. I'm still waiting for something to go wrong it was all so easy and worked out perfectly for me to afford it. And comfortably... with money for some mods. **** never happens
what APR did you get?

while i like my 1le and dont regret my purchase it pisses me off how long i had to wait to get a good deal while 6th gens are being discounted so early into their production lol.

if i do ever get a 6th gen itll have to be similarly optioned like my 5th gen.

but thats a killer deal man! i assume you had to look around some because local dealers arent discounting 6th gens from what ive heard.
Old 10-08-2016, 09:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by islander033
70 to 80lbs of wr for 6 mins of work isn't a bad deal.

WR is WR, why is it more reasonable to spend thousands on it instead of doing it for free?
Because Hio crew made the rule removing a seat is gutted.

Ultraz- wanna meet up and get some runs in?
Old 10-08-2016, 09:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What would you think about the 295/45/17 on my car? it's a bit shorter than the 305 but a slightly narrower and less sidewall...
What brand ? They hook up good?

I know what you mean about shift points etc... too tired to think about all that right now calculating tire height rpm etc
Its the ET Street Radial IIs 295/45-17 but they don't make them anymore. I liked them because of the tread on them... they worked decent in the rain until worn down. M&H makes a set of tread radials that are nice.

The ET Street R radials dont have tread.. they are the same as the Pros. So deathwish if caught in the rain. My 1/4 track is 2hrs away from me... so I dont like to risk getting caught in the rain.

You just need to make some passes with your oem tires and see where you are rpm wise, and what gear at the traps. If you are a little lower in the rpms than you would like to be, then a shorter tire would help. If it is shifting right before the end, then go with a taller tire. This is taking into account the same power levels. Once you start modding all of that changes and you have to figure out what you need again.
Old 10-08-2016, 09:45 PM
11 Second Club

And yeah, I had zero issues with them spinning on me. I ran approx 24psi in them for most runs.. OEM converter was just too weak to get a hard launch. Best ever 60ft on them was 1.78.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
what APR did you get?

while i like my 1le and dont regret my purchase it pisses me off how long i had to wait to get a good deal while 6th gens are being discounted so early into their production lol.

if i do ever get a 6th gen itll have to be similarly optioned like my 5th gen.

but thats a killer deal man! i assume you had to look around some because local dealers arent discounting 6th gens from what ive heard.
Been looking hard for about a week. Found my own lender. Only financed 19k. It was 2.49 I believe 72 months. 0% not available with 20%. My payment is under 300

Originally Posted by corysmach1
Because Hio crew made the rule removing a seat is gutted.

Ultraz- wanna meet up and get some runs in?
Meet at the track? Still not sure when etc...

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
And yeah, I had zero issues with them spinning on me. I ran approx 24psi in them for most runs.. OEM converter was just too weak to get a hard launch. Best ever 60ft on them was 1.78.
Cool thanks for the input I seen they don't make them now. I do need to get some stock runs in but I'm pressed for time. Well see. I will likely insure the car for one month then up for the winter. Mid oct to mid nov
Old 10-09-2016, 11:18 AM
11 Second Club

Been looking hard for about a week. Found my own lender. Only financed 19k. It was 2.49 I believe 72 months. 0% not available with 20%. My payment is under 300

Meet at the track? Still not sure when etc...

Cool thanks for the input I seen they don't make them now. I do need to get some stock runs in but I'm pressed for time. Well see. I will likely insure the car for one month then up for the winter. Mid oct to mid nov
Damn that.. put some Blizzaks on it and drive year round.

And CC had 29" tall tires on his car(the ones Hio was talking about).. not 28" You say your OEM tireheight is 27.5? Same with my car... 295/45-17s would be perfect to keep that same height.. maybe you can try to find some leftover stock.
Old 10-09-2016, 11:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Damn that.. put some Blizzaks on it and drive year round.

And CC had 29" tall tires on his car(the ones Hio was talking about).. not 28" You say your OEM tireheight is 27.5? Same with my car... 295/45-17s would be perfect to keep that same height.. maybe you can try to find some leftover stock.
I couldn't find any. I just went with 305/45/17 et street r. 27.8. Stock is 27.5-6 depending on calculator. I plan on lowering an inch in the future. figured id damn near scrape the ground with a 26 on the car.

ordered a set of 4 race star drag star 2x17x9.5 and 2x17x4.5. Install kit and also some m/t sportsman S/R 28x6 radial front runner.

Do you have a radial on the front?

I almost went bias but some say unstable with radial on the back and just not as good of manners or wear characteristics in general.

I have a 50 mile drive to Milan. And may also throw the drag pack on at different times when im looking for trouble etc. Figured the radial was the best bet. just sucks cuz the bias fronts were 10-11 pounds and the radials were 21. Ive heard you multiple rotating weight by 4. bias fronts could be worth almost a tenth but maybe not cuz more rolling resistance. In the end safety and usability won out over the half tenth gain.
Old 10-10-2016, 07:21 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Bias on the front is fine with radial on the rear. It's the opposite way that can cause handling issues.

Man you didn't waste any time gettin you some wheels and tires.

Wheel/tire weight worth more than dead weight. That's why i was trying to get you to go a little shorter on the tire.....they weigh less. That and it would get the car down out of the air a little

Last edited by HioSSilver; 10-10-2016 at 07:27 AM.
Old 10-10-2016, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Bias on the front is fine with radial on the rear. It's the opposite way that can cause handling issues.

Man you didn't waste any time gettin you some wheels and tires.

Wheel/tire weight worth more than dead weight. That's why i was trying to get you to go a little shorter on the tire.....they weigh less. That and it would get the car down out of the air a little
Milan closes in a month. Got to get a good pass in! I know that drag pack is a very effective mod. I modded my 5g backwards and had no traction. Got a 600 mile drive home to help with break in also.

I wanted a shorter tire but couldn't find anything between 26-28. Figured 26 be too much. I am planning on 1 inch lower by next year but I'm done blowing money on it for this year. I ordered a few other little things for exterior touch ups as well. Tint pieces and the GM black tail lights etc.

I almost went with the bias. Just wanted the better tread wear and better handling/driveability was the main thing. Sure it may have been fine but oh well.
Old 10-10-2016, 11:40 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

There is no doubt the radial will drive/ride better....and for a auto hook fine. They are much heavier tho. I'm saving nearly 30lb goin to a bias tire on similar sizes on my car.

I would think you would be looking to shed somewhere near 60lb on your 6gen drag pak.
Old 10-10-2016, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Should be a good bit of weight loss I imagine 20" wheels all around and those tires are heavy
Old 10-10-2016, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's around 60-80 lbs. haven't checked all the numbers lately but it's at least 60.

Welds are also lighter than the race stars I got by a few pounds each. But they are nearly twice the price. If I was going super hardcore and had money to burn it would have welds and bias all around. Probably be at least another tenth gain over my current setup
Old 10-10-2016, 01:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just borrow Hio's Bogarts. You'll be good
Old 10-10-2016, 02:09 PM
On The Tree

So does this mean the bench racing won't be as common?

Wait, who am I kidding? This is SR&K. lol

Congrats on the purchase, Ultra.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jay z28

Now we get to see Ultra post results
Old 10-10-2016, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jay z28

Thanks

My bench race math has me hoping for a high 11 run at ~116 With the drag pack at Milan with da around 500 lately.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Now we get to see Ultra post results
Lol... I hope it's not humble pie.

But I'll post it up either way I promise.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks

My bench race math has me hoping for a high 11 run at ~116 With the drag pack at Milan with da around 500 lately.
Dropping the bench racing and actually bench racing will be ****. I'm just glad you didn't get the gray car so now I'm not as jealous.

Quick Reply: 6gen 1LE and the gappins chronicles