Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

96 cobra vs 95 trans am

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 12:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Considering I'm not trying to run 9s I'm doin alright. How's yours running?

Wtf kinda dumb **** are you talking now?

I bought the boosted furd because i wanted to see the car a done complete hotrod. If i wanted it to make more power i woukd do what the rest if the furd crowd does when they know their platform is limited. ......i would add boost.
Yea we know you have 15 yrs of modifications and may have went 10.9. Ford crowd platfrom limited? Well that argument is not in your favor when the 5.4 and 4.6 have been faster than the ls.
Old 07-09-2017, 12:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Not na......and that's all that matters is when the engine breathes on it's own. You failed with a 4.suck to. You copped out just like most of the rest if furd guys and went boosted because you couldn't get it done na

#10.7

What's funny us you're so butt hurt iver it you can't even have a truthful sig
Old 07-09-2017, 01:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Doug, here's a thought:

Some people like or prefer boosted applications. It's not always that they tried, and couldn't meet their goals without it. Many of them wanted boost since day one.

Did you ever think of that?
Old 07-09-2017, 01:21 PM
Teching In

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Not na......and that's all that matters is when the engine breathes on it's own. You failed with a 4.suck to. You copped out just like most of the rest if furd guys and went boosted because you couldn't get it done na

#10.7

Originally Posted by Nick.H
Doug, here's a thought:

Some people like or prefer boosted applications. It's not always that they tried, and couldn't meet their goals without it. Many of them wanted boost since day one.

Dugless is so helbent on NA is the only thing that matters. Pure idiocy which is why no one really gives a **** what he says about anything at this point. RedAnusZ has more cred on this forum that Dugless.
Old 07-09-2017, 01:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts

Doug, here's a thought:

Everyone uses their own stipulations to make themselves feel good about their preferred brands. Hio will do anything to minimize a Ford. Boost isn't cheating, it isn't dirty, and no one gives two craps about fake "records" like "fastest NA", or "fastest boosted".

The real way to determine a "best" is to get two competitors from the same era, hand them $5k and say make the car as fast as you can, by any means necessary within a $5k budget.
Old 07-09-2017, 01:55 PM
Banned

#10.7

Ole Doug stips at it again. I could pull the blower off and do a n/a 5.4 combo that would rape your **** box. However I like racing faster cars than your 11sec turd.
Old 07-09-2017, 02:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by JC316
Everyone uses their own stipulations to make themselves feel good about their preferred brands. Hio will do anything to minimize a Ford. Boost isn't cheating, it isn't dirty, and no one gives two craps about fake "records" like "fastest NA", or "fastest boosted".

The real way to determine a "best" is to get two competitors from the same era, hand them $5k and say make the car as fast as you can, by any means necessary within a $5k budget.
What is $5k going to buy you in today's game tho? I'd up it to $10k so that the cars are not running some slow *** times by today's standards.

The proper way to use $5k on a stock 4th gen would be to build up the trans and rear end so that it can handle power when the time comes. That's just my thinking. Backwards *** builds of ebay turbo kits on stock trans and rear ends with people complaining all day about their **** breaking doesn't impress.

Some facts were laid down that the 95-04 mustang GT was slower than it's competition stock, much like any cobra produced in that same time frame. I've had a new edge GT and an 04 cobra, but it took more than $5k to not have them get their asses handed to them. It is what it is. That's what happens when manufacturers play around with a 4.6 motor when their competition was using a 5.7

That being said, back in the day someone would talk **** about a bolt on 04 cobra running **** times and then the next month the owner shows up with a 3.4 whipple and all the supporting mods after doing all the work and tuning it himself and the **** talker just stands there looking like a cuck that should never have said ****. Said guy then thinks he's hot **** for a few weeks until his buddy shows up with a twin turbo on the same car and blows the whipple's doors off. The cycle just keeps repeating. Fun times.
Old 07-09-2017, 02:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 5.7stroker
What is $5k going to buy you in today's game tho? I'd up it to $10k so that the cars are not running some slow *** times by today's standards.

The proper way to use $5k on a stock 4th gen would be to build up the trans and rear end so that it can handle power when the time comes. That's just my thinking. Backwards *** builds of ebay turbo kits on stock trans and rear ends with people complaining all day about their **** breaking doesn't impress.

Some facts were laid down that the 95-04 mustang GT was slower than it's competition stock, much like any cobra produced in that same time frame. I've had a new edge GT and an 04 cobra, but it took more than $5k to not have them get their asses handed to them. It is what it is. That's what happens when manufacturers play around with a 4.6 motor when their competition was using a 5.7

That being said, back in the day someone would talk **** about a bolt on 04 cobra running **** times and then the next month the owner shows up with a 3.4 whipple and all the supporting mods after doing all the work and tuning it himself and the **** talker just stands there looking like a cuck that should never have said ****. Said guy then thinks he's hot **** for a few weeks until his buddy shows up with a twin turbo on the same car and blows the whipple's doors off. The cycle just keeps repeating. Fun times.
And then Hio shows up with his max effort bolt on catfish and runs slower than all of em.
Old 07-09-2017, 03:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Exactly the point of a $5k build. You can't go hog wild and upgrade every weak point. Can't slap forged internals in the 4.6L and you can't upgrade to a 9" rear and a built trans in the Fbody.

Most people don't have $20k to spend on a toy, but $10k is easier. $5k for the car, $5k for parts.

Enough to get a H/C/I/E and a 12 bolt for an Fbody and enough to get a Vortech, LT headers, and some 3.73 gears for the mustang.
Old 07-09-2017, 03:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Exactly the point of a $5k build. You can't go hog wild and upgrade every weak point. Can't slap forged internals in the 4.6L and you can't upgrade to a 9" rear and a built trans in the Fbody.

Most people don't have $20k to spend on a toy, but $10k is easier. $5k for the car, $5k for parts.

Enough to get a H/C/I/E and a 12 bolt for an Fbody and enough to get a Vortech, LT headers, and some 3.73 gears for the mustang.
But wouldn't a $10k build give more flexibility in showing who's better at utilizing it to go faster since now you have more options to work with? With $5k, people will just put on the basic bolt ons and you'll have 2 slow cars. If your intent is to see how these slow cars perform from their original platform to $5k worth of bolt ons, then yes, you'll certainly get your answer.

I don't get the point of wanting to get into a hobby if you don't have the funds to do it properly. You can only go so fast before **** will just break because it's not done right, or you'll wind up with something slow that won't break.

It's like the kid who wants to play as a goalie for a traveling Hockey team when it costs $10k a year by the time you factor in all the equipment. Sure it sounds fun... until you factor in the cost to do it the right way. The next steps for my car are a cage, followed by an engine build that can handle 25#'s of boost, and then the force induction power adder. Anything under $20k for all that is cutting corners and I'm not interested in having something that keeps breaking. I just want to do it right the first time (which ironically "right" probably would have been to buy a z28 roller with a cage and full race suspension already on it and then buy someone's fresh engine who changed their plans.)
Old 07-09-2017, 03:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

But wouldn't a $10k build give more flexibility in showing who's better at utilizing it to go faster since now you have more options to work with? With $5k, people will just put on the basic bolt ons and you'll have 2 slow cars. If your intent is to see how these slow cars perform from their original platform to $5k worth of bolt ons, then yes, you'll certainly get your answer.

I don't get the point of wanting to get into a hobby if you don't have the funds to do it properly. You can only go so fast before **** will just break because it's not done right, or you'll wind up with something slow that won't break.

It's like the kid who wants to play as a goalie for a traveling Hockey team when it costs $10k a year by the time you factor in all the equipment. Sure it sounds fun... until you factor in the cost to do it the right way. The next steps for my car are a cage, followed by an engine build that can handle 25#'s of boost, and then the force induction power adder. Anything under $20k for all that is cutting corners and I'm not interested in having something that keeps breaking. I just want to do it right the first time (which ironically "right" probably would have been to buy a z28 roller with a cage and full race suspension already on it and then buy someone's fresh engine who changed their plans.)
It could scale any way you want, as long as the two budgets are equal. You're obviously serious and have money to burn, I couldn't imagine spending $20k on a toy.

The whole point here is that a guy like Hio tries to act like boost is a dirty way of making power in order to make his brand of choice look superior. Ford guys do it too with the whole "I make power without cubes" argument. Power is power, doesn't matter how you get it. Set a budget, build the cars within that budget and see who wins.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:07 PM
10 Second Club

Doug, here's a thought:

Yup.....those guys aren't in here running they mouf tho.

The guys that are couldn't get it done na with their preferred platform

Originally Posted by 2003Cobro
Dugless is so helbent on NA is the only thing that matters. Pure idiocy which is why no one really gives a **** what he says about anything at this point. RedAnusZ has more cred on this forum that Dugless.
And where us your cred? Maybe it's in that corrected time you tried to ricer math your modded up cobro to the 11s

I'm not minimizing furd. They did that to themselves with the mod motors.

Btw.....that 5k budget was 10k and it's been done. Take a look at engine masters results.

Originally Posted by automach1
Ole Doug stips at it again. I could pull the blower off and do a n/a 5.4 combo that would rape your **** box. However I like racing faster cars than your 11sec turd.
Lol.....try it. It didn't work with your 4.suck and my guess is that pos 5.4 may not leave the 13s w/o it's blower

Never ending cycle. That's why i just eff with bolt ons

Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
And then Hio shows up with his max effort bolt on catfish and runs slower than all of em.
And nate shows up to watch

It could scale any way you want, as long as the two budgets are equal. You're obviously serious and have money to burn, I couldn't imagine spending $20k on a toy.

The whole point here is that a guy like Hio tries to act like boost is a dirty way of making power in order to make his brand of choice look superior. Ford guys do it too with the whole "I make power without cubes" argument. Power is power, doesn't matter how you get it. Set a budget, build the cars within that budget and see who wins.
Like i said....the comparison has been done. Even the premier furd *** on this sight gave up getting it done na.

Sure it matters how it get done. You see a 600whp boosted motir people are like meh......you see a 600whp na motor and erryone is like
Old 07-09-2017, 08:10 PM
Banned

Nate will always be watching.
Old 07-09-2017, 09:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by realquick
bad drivers most likely.

What did this 5.0 with free mods run at the track?
13.97 @ 101
Old 07-09-2017, 09:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Boost is the future.

NA still cooler though .
Old 07-09-2017, 09:23 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by snake95
13.97 @ 101
That's like stick lt1 times
Old 07-09-2017, 09:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Doug, here's a thought:

I like building an engine with sufficient strength to handle my power goals without stressing the **** out of the parts.

Hammer has build a formidable 388 LSx. he is spinning the **** out of it. High compression, donkey dick cam, a combination that will make 600-700 rwhp.

I built a stock spec, fully forged 4.6 that is flowing enough air to make 700 rwhp. If I want more power, I change the turbo to a billet 78. a 2 hour change out.

I think mine is easier on parts and easier to make big power. Aside from the cam timing mine drives like stock. I'm thinking about retiming it to stock.

HIO, FOR THE RECORD ANY ENGINE FORD MAKES WILL FIT INTO MY CAR. there is nothing preventing me from putting a 400 inch CHI 3v headed beast in my car.

There is nothing preventing me from putting a 429 with 400+ cfm heads in my car. A turbo is easier to make more power than a big inch exotic combo LSx.

My rods are not rated for more than 900hp. I have verbal assurances from the manufacturer they can handle high rpm turbo or centri power that will break my 4340 Kellogg crank. That's a lot of power.

I am currently at 1.99(190 percent) load. I have already rescaled airflow and the fuel injection 10 percent low. I exceeded max load at 7000 rpms and 15 psi.

Stock 4.6 b head dohc load never reaches more than 80-85 percent. The engine had a hiccup. It didn't hurt a thing. I wonder how hammer's bad *** 388 will do at 8300 rpms on 93 octane if the fuel injection has an error and AFR/timing hits it hard.

Last edited by assasinator; 07-09-2017 at 09:57 PM.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Btw.....that 5k budget was 10k and it's been done. Take a look at engine masters results.

Like i said....the comparison has been done. Even the premier furd *** on this sight gave up getting it done na.
You talking about the LS3 vs Coyote comparison? They tried it as NA vs NA, not NA vs Boosted, or even boosted vs boosted.

Last edited by JC316; 07-09-2017 at 10:19 PM.
Old 07-10-2017, 11:12 AM
Banned

Yup.....those guys aren't in here running they mouf tho.

The guys that are couldn't get it done na with their preferred platform

And where us your cred? Maybe it's in that corrected time you tried to ricer math your modded up cobro to the 11s

I'm not minimizing furd. They did that to themselves with the mod motors.

Lol.....try it. It didn't work with your 4.suck and my guess is that pos 5.4 may not leave the 13s w/o it's blower

Never ending cycle. That's why i just eff with bolt ons

And nate shows up to watch

Sure it matters how it get done. You see a 600whp boosted motir people are like meh......you see a 600whp na motor and erryone is like
I will not slow my car down so that you can still be only a second and 15 mph slower
Old 07-10-2017, 11:35 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
LS pulls the Mach in third gear stick to stick. Auto Mach is slow as poo
I've had it go both ways back when I sold my 01 Z28 and bought the MACH. Won some and lost some. As I have always stated, it depended on who was modded more. Removing the shitty stock constricted mid pipe was a big help

Quick Reply: 96 cobra vs 95 trans am