Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Run in with a new C7 GS....some notes...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2017 | 12:15 AM
Staging Lane

Third gen owners are always the most jealous of fox performance with little effort.

86 had the worst SBF heads of all time so losing them was inevitable.

You're in the "I was disappointed by my stock GM engine so I threw it in the dumpster" club though, that's all sorts of neat.
Old 10-08-2017 | 08:35 AM
Launching!

Fox>3rd gen. By a lot.
Old 10-08-2017 | 03:42 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by snake95
You use 1/4 mile times as a benchmark until the guy on here who rapes your post with logic, gets beat, by a car that actually trapped the same he did and makes more power, you just choose to only mention his 114 trap. Then suddenly it's about roll racing which you've denounced a million times.

I got beat in a roll race by a car with more power, but your blown termi notch runs 12s I'd take my scenario over yours

2 out of 3, bobble remember that.
My blown termi notch runs 11.5@121.xx. so this just shows the bullshit you spew is bullshit.

My ford is faster than yours......in4excuses

And i didn't even have to beat on it.

You ran from a roll.....mph is king there. Post up a dig street run you've had. Oooohhhh wwwaaiiitttt

Originally Posted by JC316
No, I wouldn't, especially when that block is just a taller version of a 351c, and has 351c heads sitting on top of it. Last I checked, a 396 or 454 head doesn't fit a SBC. The first gen LQ4 had a longer crank to accommodate transmissions that fit a SBC, does that mean that the LQ4 is a gen 1? Plus you're ignoring the 400 FMX that I mentioned.

Now you're going with the denial route. Ignoring the 351w build that I posted and rambling about how I changed the rules...

So yeah, stips and denial, classic hio. Keep gobbling that chevy ****.
400m uses a bigblock bell housing pattern. Last i checked bigblocks used big block bell housings. So yes you ****** moron you need another transmission. Remember you're already goin from a sbf where you started to a clevland now a 400m.

So if you're doin that I'm doin this. That's how it ******* works. Except using a bbc for me don't require another trans.

I didn't ignore ****. I already saud if you're using a 400m I'm using a bbc. You're just to ******* stupid to pick up on it.

The 351w build you posted got out powered. What more do you want me to ****** say you idiot.

The only one in denial here is you. You're flopping around like a fish out of water here.

Wow JC manhandled the **** out of tiocrew's retired racer.
Lol......apparently you haven't noticed how i schooled his dumbass here.

Oooohhh.....and btw. My fox would drag the **** out of your fox.
Originally Posted by CyberGrey Z28
Life is rough when a 2 mod, 12 sec bro pulls your max effort build.
Troof.....gettin drug by a 114 car had to be rough after all the **** snake talks.
Old 10-08-2017 | 03:52 PM
Staging Lane

Sweet 11.5 run with 470rwhp in a 2800lb car with a built to the hilt bottom end, ported blower, engine swapped Frankenstein. You're a couple tenths quicker than a stock 302 block NA car

"Didn't even have to beat on it" even though in group chat you said you tried to shift it super hard and were missing gears left and right. Nice try, bobble
Old 10-08-2017 | 04:54 PM
TECH Apprentice
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
400m uses a bigblock bell housing pattern. Last i checked bigblocks used big block bell housings. So yes you ****** moron you need another transmission. Remember you're already goin from a sbf where you started to a clevland now a 400m.

So if you're doin that I'm doin this. That's how it ******* works. Except using a bbc for me don't require another trans.

I didn't ignore ****. I already saud if you're using a 400m I'm using a bbc. You're just to ******* stupid to pick up on it.

The 351w build you posted got out powered. What more do you want me to ****** say you idiot.

The only one in denial here is you. You're flopping around like a fish out of water here.

Lol......apparently you haven't noticed how i schooled his dumbass here.

Troof.....gettin drug by a 114 car had to be rough after all the **** snake talks.
The FMX bolt pattern is the SBF bolt pattern. Thus the 400m is a small block. The 351 cleveland uses the SBF pattern, thus it's a small block.

Didn't realize that more HP than a chevy equaled a loss. Must be the Hio handicap.
Old 10-08-2017 | 05:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

some 400modifieds used a bbf pattern.

HIO YOU MORON.....351/400 modified. modified from a 351 Cleveland. a Cleveland small block.

modified for more cubes. taller deck. kinda like a 4.6/5.4. you don't get to redefine the design designation.

335 series is a 335 series small block. 302cleveland, 351 Cleveland, 351M/400M the block is large. so is a modular. neither is a BBF.

there is the FE series, and the 385 series big blocks.

you skool nobody. you never have, and never will. WTF asshat.

all of the 335 series blocks use the same (somewhat)Cleveland canted valve heads.
Old 10-08-2017 | 05:19 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

The block is large....you just said it #bigblock

It's funny how you furd guys constantly want to change the rules to compete. You and o went through this once assin. Eerytime you posted a sbf and you yhought you had the sbc covered i one upped you with one. No reason for me to waste the time doin that with snowflake.

Fact is when a windsor couldn't do it he changed motors......twice now.

There's a reason the sbc is the winningest motor ever.

General consensus in the real world is anything with a 9.5" or less deck height is a small block. Anything bigger is big block. Because well.....the ******* blocks get large.

Lets face it. It causes fitment issues also. Sbc don't have those issues. ....thus making it better. And if you're gonna go along with those fitment issues i may as well create some myself with a bbc. Just how it goes.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 10-08-2017 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-08-2017 | 07:19 PM
TECH Apprentice
10 Year Member

Fact is when a windsor couldn't do it he changed motors......twice now.

General consensus in the real world is anything with a 9.5" or less deck height is a small block. Anything bigger is big block. Because well.....the ******* blocks get large.

Lets face it. It causes fitment issues also. Sbc don't have those issues. ....thus making it better. And if you're gonna go along with those fitment issues i may as well create some myself with a bbc. Just how it goes.
You are a fake news liberal. Lets see how this got started...

Snake is just sore furd has never made a na small block engine with the potential of any gen sbc 1-5
351cleveland and 351 windsor begs to differ.
I didn't change jack ****, I included the cleveland from the first post. Then i posted a 418W build that did 670HP, which was disqualified in hio land due to aftermarket parts. After that, I posted a 351w with a factory ford head putting down 391/404 and an SBC under the same restriction putting down 376/448, which was somehow a loss for the Ford, you still haven't explained.

Someone said that you would say the GM won due to torque, so I responded with the 400m, which is just a variation on the original Cleveland.

I can keep playing though. Cam only 351c make 501/449. Lets see an SBC do that. Hell, that is better than some LS1's can do. In fact, the cleveland out performed the the LS1 in both cam only and H/C/I tests here...

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/build...351-cleveland/

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/0701gm-ls1-dyno-tech/
Old 10-08-2017 | 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I didn't change jack ****, I included the cleveland from the first post. Then i posted a 418W build that did 670HP, which was disqualified in hio land due to aftermarket parts. After that, I posted a 351w with a factory ford head putting down 391/404 and an SBC under the same restriction putting down 376/448, which was somehow a loss for the Ford, you still haven't explained.

Someone said that you would say the GM won due to torque, so I responded with the 400m, which is just a variation on the original Cleveland.

I can keep playing though. Cam only 351c make 501/449. Lets see an SBC do that. Hell, that is better than some LS1's can do. In fact, the cleveland out performed the the LS1 in both cam only and H/C/I tests here...

I have handed him the facts years ago. he refuses to give any credit to a 50 year old design that owns the LS1.

if a change to the block from factory stock to a motorsports block, the 351C can make 900hp. in 355 cubic inches.
Old 10-08-2017 | 09:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

http://www.cferacing.com/?pid=29

CFE ProKing

Inline Valve SBF

The ProKing is a (ultra) high-port, 10 degree inline (windsor style) racing head designed for serious racing use only. The ProKing head is capable of 1000 naturally aspirated horsepower on a 400 c.i.d. small block with a cast single 4 barrel intake manifold. Featuring an impressive array of application specific cnc port options ProKing heads are engineered to provide maximum power output in a variety of racing scenarios. Whether your racing naturally aspirated, boosted, blown or sprayed CFE has a ProKing solution for your combination.

The ProKing is available with several different guide/valve area combinations including a new wide-guide (2.225 x 1.600) option and matching cnc port programing as large as 289cc's. Other options include alloy valve seats, steel guides for boosted applications, and down nozzle provisions for alcohol injected applications such as sprint car racing.
Old 10-08-2017 | 09:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dart Iron Eagle Block. .937" Keyway Lifter bushes 60mm cam tunnel.
CNC Prep.
Winberg/Bryant Crank
Carrillo/ GRP Connecting Rods
.937 Jesel Keyway Lifters
TX1 60mm Custom Grind Cam
5 Stage Dailey oil Pump
Diamond/ Wiseco Custom Pistons Design, with latest ring and pin combo.
D3 CNC ported heads
HRE Intake
Jesel Rockers
Trend Push rods
Jesel belt drive and front mount dissy.
ATI Custom spec ballencer.
BRE Carbs
Manley / Victory Titanium valves.

1050hp SBF
Old 10-08-2017 | 11:14 PM
10 Second Club
10 Year Member

The FMX bolt pattern is the SBF bolt pattern. Thus the 400m is a small block. The 351 cleveland uses the SBF pattern, thus it's a small block.

Didn't realize that more HP than a chevy equaled a loss. Must be the Hio handicap.
That criteria makes a BBC a small block?
Old 10-09-2017 | 12:07 AM
TECH Apprentice
10 Year Member

400m uses a bigblock bell housing pattern. Last i checked bigblocks used big block bell housings.
Originally Posted by big hammer
Looks like your hio already answered that. Me personally, I don't define an engine based off from it's bolt pattern. I tried to point out that the 400m was entirely based on a small block, but he deemed that the bolt pattern defined it.
Old 10-09-2017 | 07:31 AM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

It was a loss for the furd because +44 tq > +15 hp. You should've known this......but you didn't.

You should really apply all your knowledge to leaving the 14s with your furd builds.

Keep reading bitch.

Originally Posted by assasinator
I have handed him the facts years ago. he refuses to give any credit to a 50 year old design that owns the LS1.

if a change to the block from factory stock to a motorsports block, the 351C can make 900hp. in 355 cubic inches.
So what you want is to mimic oe production sbc bore with a motorsport furd .......figures

http://www.cferacing.com/?pid=29

CFE ProKing

Inline Valve SBF

The ProKing is a (ultra) high-port, 10 degree inline (windsor style) racing head designed for serious racing use only. The ProKing head is capable of 1000 naturally aspirated horsepower on a 400 c.i.d. small block with a cast single 4 barrel intake manifold. Featuring an impressive array of application specific cnc port options ProKing heads are engineered to provide maximum power output in a variety of racing scenarios. Whether your racing naturally aspirated, boosted, blown or sprayed CFE has a ProKing solution for your combination.

The ProKing is available with several different guide/valve area combinations including a new wide-guide (2.225 x 1.600) option and matching cnc port programing as large as 289cc's. Other options include alloy valve seats, steel guides for boosted applications, and down nozzle provisions for alcohol injected applications such as sprint car racing.
So can you get that valve combo in a 4" bore sbf? Likely not.......but you can a sbc

Dart Iron Eagle Block. .937" Keyway Lifter bushes 60mm cam tunnel.
CNC Prep.
Winberg/Bryant Crank
Carrillo/ GRP Connecting Rods
.937 Jesel Keyway Lifters
TX1 60mm Custom Grind Cam
5 Stage Dailey oil Pump
Diamond/ Wiseco Custom Pistons Design, with latest ring and pin combo.
D3 CNC ported heads
HRE Intake
Jesel Rockers
Trend Push rods
Jesel belt drive and front mount dissy.
ATI Custom spec ballencer.
BRE Carbs
Manley / Victory Titanium valves.

1050hp SBF
******* awesone....alot of power.

Now read bitch then stfu. The last time we went through this you got your *** kicked.....just like what's happening to jc.

http://www.enginelabs.com/engine-tec...-up-gen-i-sbc/

Made 900 in mild form. Full kill is 1100+.......on a ******* gm head

Originally Posted by big hammer
He keeps changing his criteria as he loses.

Looks like your hio already answered that. Me personally, I don't define an engine based off from it's bolt pattern. I tried to point out that the 400m was entirely based on a small block, but he deemed that the bolt pattern defined it.
A small block should be a small block.....not a larger version of the smaller version with a bigblock bell housing pattern.

There are so many sbc builds out there that there is no reason for me to post every ****** one that would out power your ever changing ******* criteria.

If you weren't such a moron i would tell you to look at the power curve a bit. Because on many many furd builds that make nearly the same...the same....or even a bit more peak the sbc line of motors flat kicks its *** with average power. Which is what wins races. Which is likely why the sbc is the MOST WINNINGEST MOTOR EVER

But you're to stupid to understand that.

No go build you another 14sec furd.
Old 10-09-2017 | 08:16 AM
10 Second Club
10 Year Member

400m was a piece of ****. So was the Cleveland
Old 10-09-2017 | 09:07 AM
Staging Lane

Most GM brands have been pieces of **** hence the reason they've been cut loose.
Old 10-09-2017 | 11:09 AM
TECH Addict

Did I just hear someone say that Fox's are faster than 3rd gens? They are. But seriously, what decade is this? Who gives a F? Or a S?

The Ford vs Chevy debate was decided long ago in 1955 when the Thunderbird had 198/286 while the V8 Vette could only squeeze out 195/260. Ford's are therefore obviously torque monster's that still pull on the big end. End of story.

Last edited by AnotherWs6; 10-09-2017 at 03:15 PM.
Old 10-09-2017 | 11:27 AM
TECH Resident

Most GM brands have been pieces of **** hence the reason they've been cut loose.
You do realize they cut them loose only to try and fix the fact that having so many brands that were virtually the same was not giving any advantage? That should have been done long ago, but yes it was dumb of GM to let it get there in the first place. The SBC is better in most ways than the old school Pontiac, Buick, and Oldsmobile so that's the route it went. SBF is also better that them in most ways but is by far not better than SBC. Ray Charles could see that ****, and he ain't just blind, he's dead.
Old 10-09-2017 | 11:35 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6
Did I just hear someone say that Fox's are faster than 3rd gens? They are. But seriously, what decade is this? Who gives a F? Or a S?

The Ford vs Chevy debate was decided long ago in 1955 when the the Thunderbird 198/286 while the V8 Vette could only squeeze out 195/260. Ford's are therefore obviously torque monster's that still pull on the big end. End of story.
There are still way more Foxes and Third Gens tearing drag strips a new *** than anything else so I think it still matters. Neither one is faster though. They each have there place.

Yeah, that's why Ford is still building the T bird as a two seat bad *** that can't be touched or even close dollar for dollar in a **** load of racing worlds. They are also still selling the living **** out of them.....oh wait none that **** really happened did it? At least not for the T bird.
Old 10-09-2017 | 12:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by codyvette
There are still way more Foxes and Third Gens tearing drag strips a new *** than anything else so I think it still matters. Neither one is faster though. They each have there place.

Yeah, that's why Ford is still building the T bird as a two seat bad *** that can't be touched or even close dollar for dollar in a **** load of racing worlds. They are also still selling the living **** out of them.....oh wait none that **** really happened did it? At least not for the T bird.
The cars that are doing the *** tearing aren't stock, so good point but eh.
Wait, so your'e on a chevy based website saying that SBC's are good? Gosh, that's almost as strange as someone coming onto a chevy based website and saying SBF's are good.

Quick Reply: Run in with a new C7 GS....some notes...