Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Run in with a new C7 GS....some notes...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 09:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
Yeah cause **** the 6.4l, right?
Because I am very frugal with my cars and they are way out of my price range.

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Its all a balance man. You know nothing about that hence you've never left the 14s.

6.0>hemi. The only hemis they maybe won't smoke are the new 8speed ones. I haven't ran one of those yet. In a comparable configured truck it's a no contest. Hell even the 5.3 giclves the hemi all it wants in comparable trucks.....been there done that to.
397/404 sounds pretty damned balanced to me, yet is a loss in your mind, all because of the blue oval.

We've been down this hemi road before, I posted videos of hemi rams walking all over 6.0L chevys, you come up with lame excuses such as "it wasn't in tow haul mode" and claim that you won, because "I have never left 14's".
Old 10-10-2017, 06:51 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

It's seriously hysterical how bobble is the king of all these hypothetical builds with special attention needed to compare to Ford builds that actually exist He never backs **** up, just says "they're out there" then pouts with different made up stories about why Ford vehicles hurt his feels.

To him, a 10.99999999 car that has spent 20 years building, and double the amount for everything other than heads, with aero mods galore, FP trans, and FORD rear, is somehow less effort than someone who spent less money, has better heads and cam, and drives the **** around his race car. Because the Ford car doesn't have factory heads Then the crickets really come out when you mention a OEM head from a Cleveland on a Windsor but but but they're different engines!!! Nawt fairrr!!!

You've shown your Ford ignorance for 10+ years on this site. SBCs are never impressive for the size they are. Always some big bad 380+ cube old school SBC needed in order to hit 12s at the track. It explains why you need 350 Chevy cars to compare to 302 Ford cars.

Now be a good little liberal bitch and change the topic when you've been schooled.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:53 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I never said Pontiac never won a race. I was speaking of them as a whole. BBC dominated some Nascar as well as the Hemi. That alone doesn't make them better.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

The internet, lolz.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by assasinator
woah hold on there just one second.

SBC does not hold a candle to Pontiac.

a 350 Pontiac murdered SBC in 1969.

VERY CONSERVATIVELY rated at 330hp, the 350 Pontiac pulled like a big block. it did so because it had big block heads.

be careful when you say SBC is better than everything out there. Pontiac was winning nascar races where there WAS no SBC.
Sbc is better than everything out there other than a bbc. Then it very much depends on application.

you were not precisely right. you use extremism and generalities.
Seems after your explanation i was entirely right.

Originally Posted by CyberGrey Z28
Hio post up a vid of the run.

I wasn't the only one that caught that. The abundance of car knowledge is apparent.
I have no vids of notch runs

Originally Posted by JC316
Because I am very frugal with my cars and they are way out of my price range.

397/404 sounds pretty damned balanced to me, yet is a loss in your mind, all because of the blue oval.

We've been down this hemi road before, I posted videos of hemi rams walking all over 6.0L chevys, you come up with lame excuses such as "it wasn't in tow haul mode" and claim that you won, because "I have never left 14's".
You really tryin to balance your hp and tq man. Jesus you do not have a understanding of ****.

Yea we been through the whole hemi vs ls thing......you lost there to. I countered your vids with other vids you have no ******* real life experiences other than a 14sec swap you dud.........now stfu. You have nothing goin on you loser bitch. Tell your mom to let you out of your room.

Originally Posted by snake95
It's seriously hysterical how bobble is the king of all these hypothetical builds with special attention needed to compare to Ford builds that actually exist He never backs **** up, just says "they're out there" then pouts with different made up stories about why Ford vehicles hurt his feels.

To him, a 10.99999999 car that has spent 20 years building, and double the amount for everything other than heads, with aero mods galore, FP trans, and FORD rear, is somehow less effort than someone who spent less money, has better heads and cam, and drives the **** around his race car. Because the Ford car doesn't have factory heads Then the crickets really come out when you mention a OEM head from a Cleveland on a Windsor but but but they're different engines!!! Nawt fairrr!!!

You've shown your Ford ignorance for 10+ years on this site. SBCs are never impressive for the size they are. Always some big bad 380+ cube old school SBC needed in order to hit 12s at the track. It explains why you need 350 Chevy cars to compare to 302 Ford cars.

Now be a good little liberal bitch and change the topic when you've been schooled.
Does anyone even read this mess?

My camaro ran a 10.76 and a 10.95 just to correct your lies.

My mustang is faster than snakes.......so is my camaro
Old 10-10-2017, 08:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

My blown termi notch runs 11.5@121.xx. so this just shows the bullshit you spew is bullshit.

My ford is faster than yours......in4excuses

So....if my turbo runs even a tiny bit faster Friday than your blown ultralight fox, I can consider it a win eh? Awesome

You said no slips, but you can post the times...60’ 330’ mph etc.
Old 10-10-2017, 08:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

So....if my turbo runs even a tiny bit faster Friday than your blown ultralight fox, I can consider it a win eh? Awesome

Jesus christ it better be a full second and 10mph faster at minimum.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:08 AM
Staging Lane

As expected, hio wasn't able to address anything in my response so he deflected.

Awesome job Lena Dunham!
Old 10-10-2017, 09:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ZNix
You should know by now I’m conservative about expectations.

I’m at 13 psi for the first runs. My timing is pulled for the first runs also. I picked up a tiny bit of a miss that was detonation when I read the plugs.

I’m only at 11.5 degrees. I will add boost before I raise the timing. If the trans lives I’m raising it to 18 psi. I’m also filling the tank with 112 octane.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Seen a 347 Brodix headed SBF running consistent low 13's around 101 mph last time I was at the track
Old 10-10-2017, 09:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I think you are going to find out, when you finish your 800hp GN, it’s harder to ET that much power without a lot of runs. I have my instant center low and as far back as I can set it without a different upper setup.

Just good tires and decent suspension doesn’t mean I will hook enough to stay WOT in gear. I also have to lift shift to avoid blowing the trans to pieces.

Islander makes it look easy.

I have the front end raised 3/4” to help the anti squat line raise a little.

Last edited by assasinator; 10-10-2017 at 09:27 AM.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:12 AM
Staging Lane

That thing better run a ******* 9 or it's a steamy turd after all the hyping up you've done about it.

Yeah hammer hio's friend runs 12s with a gutted fox and a 347, too.

The only SBCs here that run well are the stalled auto race gas ones with super high compression and 2 gallon fuel cells. Full blown race cars.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

I went low 12s with GT40 stuff and E/F cams ported in a full weight fox on tires. Sway bar was stil on/ MPH depending on air was 108-111 back in the day. Many people did. Some guys running TFS Twisted wedge heads done up were running high 11s 114ish back then.

There is a 383 IROC out here that runs high 10s on pump gas with a 700R4. Be interesting to see what Laurie runs with her new mods on here 383 solid roller third gen
Old 10-10-2017, 11:05 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Came here for inevitable **** storm.

Was not dissapointed
Old 10-10-2017, 12:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts

You really tryin to balance your hp and tq man. Jesus you do not have a understanding of ****.

Yea we been through the whole hemi vs ls thing......you lost there to. I countered your vids with other vids you have no ******* real life experiences other than a 14sec swap you dud.........now stfu. You have nothing goin on you loser bitch. Tell your mom to let you out of your room.
You're the one trying to say that torque is everything, but only when it's a GM motor, as soon as I mentioned a diesel, with all of the torque in the world, then it goes back to a balance of tq and hp. Oh and I'm not talking about balance as in equal HP and TQ.

Looking at the balance, the 400sbc is 376@5k, and 448@3800. Makes for a great stoplight warrior or truck motor, but when we look at the windsor 391@5900, and 405@4300. I would take that windsor motor all day long.

You talk about the cam only cleveland having a rebuilt bottom end and milled heads, yet you make no mention of having to drill the ******* block on that 400 in order to run vortec heads.

Bone stock to bone stock, I would put my hemi ram vs any gen III iron block truck out there. I've had them all and that ram wins.
Old 10-10-2017, 01:44 PM
10 Second Club

woah hold on there just one second.

SBC does not hold a candle to Pontiac.

a 350 Pontiac murdered SBC in 1969.

VERY CONSERVATIVELY rated at 330hp, the 350 Pontiac pulled like a big block. it did so because it had big block heads.

be careful when you say SBC is better than everything out there. Pontiac was winning nascar races where there WAS no SBC.
There were several sbc's rated over 330hp.

Sbc is better. The problem with pontiac is they don't stay together cery well when you stretch the rpm's.

Ok so pontiac won before the sbc was there. You're talking pre 1955

Originally Posted by CyberGrey Z28
Hio post up a vid of the run.

I wasn't the only one that caught that. The abundance of car knowledge is apparent.
What vid you want cyber?
Old 10-10-2017, 01:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That thing better run a ******* 9 or it's a steamy turd after all the hyping up you've done about it.
What hype?

It’s just a junky nothing with a Chinese turbo.
Old 10-10-2017, 01:54 PM
10 Second Club

Huh....where did i say no slips old man?

Originally Posted by ZNix
It should be for all the **** he has talked about it

As expected, hio wasn't able to address anything in my response so he deflected.

Awesome job Lena Dunham!
I mostly don't read your long winded bullshit.

But yes i did address a couple things you tend to make up.

You should know by now I’m conservative about expectations.

I’m at 13 psi for the first runs. My timing is pulled for the first runs also. I picked up a tiny bit of a miss that was detonation when I read the plugs.

I’m only at 11.5 degrees. I will add boost before I raise the timing. If the trans lives I’m raising it to 18 psi. I’m also filling the tank with 112 octane.
Aaaahhhhh....you gonna need dat race gas. I was on pump in both my cars.

Originally Posted by big hammer
Seen a 347 Brodix headed SBF running consistent low 13's around 101 mph last time I was at the track
Thet can be turdy.

Yeah hammer hio's friend runs 12s with a gutted fox and a 347, too.

The only SBCs here that run well are the stalled auto race gas ones with super high compression and 2 gallon fuel cells. Full blown race cars.
Hey eerrryyybbodddyyy....I'm adressing snake. More like correcting him once again.

That 347 car went like 11.3 or 11.4. Now continue on with your lies.

Originally Posted by JC316
You're the one trying to say that torque is everything, but only when it's a GM motor, as soon as I mentioned a diesel, with all of the torque in the world, then it goes back to a balance of tq and hp. Oh and I'm not talking about balance as in equal HP and TQ.

Looking at the balance, the 400sbc is 376@5k, and 448@3800. Makes for a great stoplight warrior or truck motor, but when we look at the windsor 391@5900, and 405@4300. I would take that windsor motor all day long.

You talk about the cam only cleveland having a rebuilt bottom end and milled heads, yet you make no mention of having to drill the ******* block on that 400 in order to run vortec heads.

Bone stock to bone stock, I would put my hemi ram vs any gen III iron block truck out there. I've had them all and that ram wins.
It's about tq for every engine you stupid ****. Be it tq at the motor or tq through gear multiplication. Goddamn you're stupid.

Stip dat **** yo.....what's wrong you afraid of a ho 5.3? You ****** moron. I've ran these trucks. I know wtf they do. You ******* don't. .....even if you owned 3 if every one you don't know wtf is goin on because you're a goddamn idiot.
Old 10-10-2017, 02:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Everyone else is stupider than me. Wait, I mean FNG stupider. That's why I yell at them on the internet. I am teaching them one at a time.
Old 10-10-2017, 02:50 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

My camaro ran a 10.76 and a 10.95 just to correct your lies....
Post up your 10.76 slip.

I see you only have your 10.9x in your sig....

Quick Reply: Run in with a new C7 GS....some notes...