Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Run in with a new C7 GS....some notes...

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 09:03 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6
The second overdrive on my M6 car really improves my quarter mile times.
Lol... I thought the same thing. The extra overdrive gear really helps with those 1/4 mile times. Wow...
Old 10-13-2017, 09:27 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JC316
But it's so much fun to poke hio with a stick. He gets so worked up over the fact that GM can actually be beat.
I think he gets more worked up at the fact that most of these Ford guys feel that way about Ford. It's like a giant circle jerk with most of SR&K. I'm not saying he is any less of the circle, just no more.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
6.2>Heni>ecobootht>5.3=5.0
6.2 nice, ecotoaster stinky
Old 10-13-2017, 10:51 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by meddlecho
6.2 nice, ecotoaster stinky
LOL! You do have to give to the Ford camp though, at least they are heading the turbo route harder than most. All manufacturers should have done this ages ago.
Old 10-13-2017, 11:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
Lol... I thought the same thing. The extra overdrive gear really helps with those 1/4 mile times. Wow...
Lol. Yup. Oh, and fng fng FNG F fng fng dumb Fng F F f f f f FFFFF!

Enough said.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by codyvette
LOL! You do have to give to the Ford camp though, at least they are heading the turbo route harder than most. All manufacturers should have done this ages ago.
Can't argue with that, but if I'm buying a turbo truck it's going to be a diesel.

I would like a 12-14 Silverado with the 6.2. My buddy has one and I love that truck. Not too big of a fan of the newer body style.
Old 10-14-2017, 08:21 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Traction or gear wasn't a factor? The SS got out to an early lead, thanks to it's traction, the hemi pulled back in the mid range, and the SS squeaked by it on the top end. Hemi gets the launch that the SS had, it's over.

The 15.1 hemi was a Gen 1 hemi, the 15.6 was a gen 2 hemi, which you claim to have no problems with, and then the 8 speed hemi RCSB was a 14.1

As for the 6.4L test, the 6.4L has 27HP and 30lbs ft of torque over the 5.7L and you're comparing a low option truck to a loaded Longhorn. 6000lbs to 7466.

And you didn't respond to the GTO vs Challenger/charger comment, you must not be able to see through the tears.
You're a ****** moron. As with your turd of a ****** cobro swap traction is likely not a factor with high14/low15 sec trucks. Your lack of experience here shows greatly. Seems as tho you ignored the fact that the silvy ss got to 100 .7 faster. That's more than a squeak. The only thing keeping the hemi there in the mid range was it was 500lb lighter you moron. Make them the same weight and it was never even close.....hemi gets drug bad.

The 14.1 truck was also a rcsb 2wd. And still the 6.2 4x4 cc can out run it

There's not gonna be 1400 lb worth of options between those trucks moron. Look up the guantlet challange. The old 6.0 waxed the hemi there to. It's nothing unusual.

And i did respond you stupid ****. Fact is you have little to no experience. On top of that you're a ****** idiot. Here's a tip.....leave your moms basement, stop playing video games and go out in the real world with the rest of your antifa buddies.

Can't see through the tears?? Lol.....that's you. I know how my **** runs. You're great ****** 4v swap runs closer to my truck than either of my cars

Originally Posted by codyvette
The two of you should get a room and the rest of you cheerleaders should gather around the bed. This **** is pathetic. Trucks are made to pull racecars. Get a ******* life. LOL
If he wouldn't post bullshit i wouldn't have to correct him. It why i stay off fb......even more morons just like him.
But it's so much fun to poke hio with a stick. He gets so worked up over the fact that GM can actually be beat.
You're not poking ****. You're only making yourself look dumb.

I know gm stuff can be beat. I can beat quite a few in my ford you moron. Whatever you build ain't gonna beat much of anything.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 10-14-2017 at 08:29 AM.
Old 10-14-2017, 12:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
You're a ****** moron. As with your turd of a ****** cobro swap traction is likely not a factor with high14/low15 sec trucks. Your lack of experience here shows greatly. Seems as tho you ignored the fact that the silvy ss got to 100 .7 faster. That's more than a squeak. The only thing keeping the hemi there in the mid range was it was 500lb lighter you moron. Make them the same weight and it was never even close.....hemi gets drug bad.

The 14.1 truck was also a rcsb 2wd. And still the 6.2 4x4 cc can out run it

There's not gonna be 1400 lb worth of options between those trucks moron. Look up the guantlet challange. The old 6.0 waxed the hemi there to. It's nothing unusual.

And i did respond you stupid ****. Fact is you have little to no experience. On top of that you're a ****** idiot. Here's a tip.....leave your moms basement, stop playing video games and go out in the real world with the rest of your antifa buddies.

Can't see through the tears?? Lol.....that's you. I know how my **** runs. You're great ****** 4v swap runs closer to my truck than either of my cars

If he wouldn't post bullshit i wouldn't have to correct him. It why i stay off fb......even more morons just like him.

You're not poking ****. You're only making yourself look dumb.

I know gm stuff can be beat. I can beat quite a few in my ford you moron. Whatever you build ain't gonna beat much of anything.

Traction isn't a factor with in a 15 second vehicle.... I understand this statement, because you have a GM based truck, but it's incredibly easy to blow the rear tires off from a hemi truck.

The 6.2L is irrelevant in this, you said your truck would have no issues with a 5 speed hemi, and you weren't sure about the 8 speed.

Again, you're not going to understand this due to owning a GM truck, but the Longhorn edition trucks have more damned options than most luxury cars. I'm not pulling these numbers out of thin air, it's not hard to google the curb weights of these trucks. Hell the article you posted has the weight on the hemi in at 7400lbs. I am being generous at the 6Klbs, the curb weight of the base 2010 2500HD truck is 5700lbs.

I post facts, you post experience, sorry bub, you're the antifa liberal here. You believe there are all of these morons out there, and you're the only one that knows anything, have you ever considered that you're the moron?

I know I have you beat when the only thing left for you to talk about is a "14 second" ford.
Old 10-14-2017, 01:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

I seen a new ecoboost 4wd 1/2 ton run 14.8 last night. Not too shabby
Old 10-14-2017, 02:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The new 8speed RCSB Hemi rams are
​​​​​are quick as **** for trucks. Almost as quick as an RCSB 5.7l Tundra... Ha!

No but really, they're fast for trucks. When my tundra had the 7175 on it, I put about 3 lengths on a new generation RCSB Hemi. He was completely stock. I then later sold my turbo kit lmao.
Old 10-14-2017, 04:07 PM
10 Second Club

Traction isn't a factor with in a 15 second vehicle.... I understand this statement, because you have a GM based truck, but it's incredibly easy to blow the rear tires off from a hemi truck.

The 6.2L is irrelevant in this, you said your truck would have no issues with a 5 speed hemi, and you weren't sure about the 8 speed.

Again, you're not going to understand this due to owning a GM truck, but the Longhorn edition trucks have more damned options than most luxury cars. I'm not pulling these numbers out of thin air, it's not hard to google the curb weights of these trucks. Hell the article you posted has the weight on the hemi in at 7400lbs. I am being generous at the 6Klbs, the curb weight of the base 2010 2500HD truck is 5700lbs.

I post facts, you post experience, sorry bub, you're the antifa liberal here. You believe there are all of these morons out there, and you're the only one that knows anything, have you ever considered that you're the moron?

I know I have you beat when the only thing left for you to talk about is a "14 second" ford.
Lol @ blowing the rear tires off a hemi truck. I sure they just light up at will like that you moron.

But yea the gm trucks are saddled with lots if tm.....probably why that ss silvy just started dragging that hemi after 80mph even being 500lb lighter.

The 6.2 if highly relevant if you want to talk newer 1500 trucks. Now you may not want to talk about it but that doesn't make it not relevant.

Yes my truck has no issues dusting off 5soeed hemi trucks of similar configuration. And has even taken down a couple 1500s from a roll. Now to clarify for your stupid *** that does not mean it can outrun the lightest of the hemi truck being rcsb 2 or 4 wd. Only a antifa believer would make that assumption. But if it a 2500 4x4 I'm gonna outrun it for sure. Maybe even the 6.4. I haven't ran one of those yet.

There is no ******* amount of options out there that is goin to add 1400lb to a similar configured truck you moron. That would be like +500 extra lb of sounddeadrning and +200 lb for each seat and +300 more lb for misc options. Not gonna happen moron. They likely posted diesel weight.

My ******* experience in weighing different trucks tells me this vs you believing everything you read from antifa. If anything me goin off my experience solidifies my anti antifa ways.

I guess you think hillary's 30k emails never existed to

Lets see.....you only have one 14sec swap to back up any ****** thing you say. That is your experience. Oh that and making raging ****** vids in youtube

Yes there are lots of morons out there just like you. They're called antifa and they want to believe everything they read while not having any ******* experience in life just like you.

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
I seen a new ecoboost 4wd 1/2 ton run 14.8 last night. Not too shabby
They run good. I seen one running in the 13s with a race gas tune and a few other things.
Old 10-14-2017, 07:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Lol @ blowing the rear tires off a hemi truck. I sure they just light up at will like that you moron.

But yea the gm trucks are saddled with lots if tm.....probably why that ss silvy just started dragging that hemi after 80mph even being 500lb lighter.

The 6.2 if highly relevant if you want to talk newer 1500 trucks. Now you may not want to talk about it but that doesn't make it not relevant.

Yes my truck has no issues dusting off 5soeed hemi trucks of similar configuration. And has even taken down a couple 1500s from a roll. Now to clarify for your stupid *** that does not mean it can outrun the lightest of the hemi truck being rcsb 2 or 4 wd. Only a antifa believer would make that assumption. But if it a 2500 4x4 I'm gonna outrun it for sure. Maybe even the 6.4. I haven't ran one of those yet.

There is no ******* amount of options out there that is goin to add 1400lb to a similar configured truck you moron. That would be like +500 extra lb of sounddeadrning and +200 lb for each seat and +300 more lb for misc options. Not gonna happen moron. They likely posted diesel weight.

My ******* experience in weighing different trucks tells me this vs you believing everything you read from antifa. If anything me goin off my experience solidifies my anti antifa ways.

I guess you think hillary's 30k emails never existed to

Lets see.....you only have one 14sec swap to back up any ****** thing you say. That is your experience. Oh that and making raging ****** vids in youtube

Yes there are lots of morons out there just like you. They're called antifa and they want to believe everything they read while not having any ******* experience in life just like you.

They run good. I seen one running in the 13s with a race gas tune and a few other things.
Yeah, it's not that difficult to spin the tires. The performance chevy beat the regular hemi by 2 tenths and had the same trap speed with a better launch and better gearing.... Congrats.

I'm not the one that brought up the modern hemi, you did. Once I showed how badly it would rail your 6.0L, you suddenly bring in the 6.2L. I posted a similar 5.7L that would destroy yours, and you refuse to believe it. I guess you're going to have to continue to pick on 4.7L dodges and tell yourself that it's a hemi.

It was your link man, the 6.7L cummins is 8600lbs. Dual power heated and air conditioned seats, larger wheels and tires, sunroof, DVD players, alpine surround sound, power sliding back glass, much larger engine, much larger transmission, air suspension, more sound deadening, etc. It adds up.

What I find truly hilarious is that I've had 13 mustangs, 8 Fbodies, 2 RX cars, two Z cars, a thunderbird SC, a thunderbird TC, 3 Corvettes, a 351c cougar, a 750CC drag racing Kawasaki Mojave, and an LS2 GTO, and you continue to believe that the fastest I've been is 14's and the only build I've ever done was a shoe string engine swap. Keep dreaming Hillary.
Old 10-14-2017, 11:04 PM
10 Second Club

Yes....the heavier 6.0 truck drug your beloved 5.7 hemi in 4wd nonetheless

And beat it's *** to 100 mph by .7 because that junk *** 5.7 that you love fell on it's ******* face at 80mph

Bring a comparable truck as mine to the track bitch boy. You probably only owned 10 of them. If you think a 5.7 2500 truck is gonnarun anywhere near a 6.0 2500 truck you're a idiot.

The cummins was a dually 3500 dumbass. Not a 2500 gas engine truck.

Every option in the world don't add up to 1400-1700 lb you moron.

I find it ******* hilarious that you have failed to leave the 14s after owning 13 mustangs and the mustang guys pick your side

Even worse is you've owned 33 performance oriented cars and haven't left the 14s nor do you have any kind of modding history to show you've did **** besides make ****** *** vids looking like a bitch on youtube......just like hillary. Blame everything else because it's not your fault you haven't left the 14s.

chump

Last edited by HioSSilver; 10-14-2017 at 11:13 PM.
Old 10-14-2017, 11:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yes....the heavier 6.0 truck drug your beloved 5.7 hemi in 4wd nonetheless

And beat it's *** to 100 mph by .7 because that junk *** 5.7 that you love fell on it's ******* face at 80mph

The cummins was a dually 3500 dumbass. Not a 2500 gas engine truck.

Every option in the world don't add up to 1400-1700 lb you moron.

I find it ******* hilarious that you have failed to leave the 14s after owning 13 mustangs and the mustang guys pick your side

Even worse is you've owned 33 performance oriented cars and haven't left the 14s nor fo you have any kind of modding history to show you've did **** besides make ****** *** vids looking like a bitch on youtube......just like hillary. Blame everything else because it's not your fault you haven't left the 14s.

chump
Just like a 5.7L 5A would drag your shitty chevrolet. Uh huh, that's why the cummins weighs 8600lbs, and the gas weighs 7600. Are you really that stupid?

Again, just facts man, you can ignore them if you want, but there is a significant weight difference between those two trucks. The internet, dodge, and motor trend aren't lying, you're just too hard headed to see it.

Keep telling yourself that I haven't left the 14's there princess.
Old 10-14-2017, 11:20 PM
10 Second Club

The gas one don't weigh 7600 you moron. You owned enough of them haven't you weighed or did anything yourself.......or you just rely of info you find on the net

A 5.7 comparable truck to mine won't run within 3 trucks if it.....don't be mad. You have your chance to prove tgat wrong after owning 7 of them.....or was it 10 i forget

You haven't left the 14s or you would show some proof of it....that simple ******.

Better yet your greatest build is a 14sec 4v that the furd guys stand behind!! It's like muh ****** dreams come true around here. Erryone knows they're 14sec turds except those in denial....you build one and ****** prove me right
Old 10-15-2017, 01:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

The gas one don't weigh 7600 you moron. You owned enough of them haven't you weighed or did anything yourself.......or you just rely of info you find on the net

A 5.7 comparable truck to mine won't run within 3 trucks if it.....don't be mad. You have your chance to prove tgat wrong after owning 7 of them.....or was it 10 i forget

You haven't left the 14s or you would show some proof of it....that simple ******.

Better yet your greatest build is a 14sec 4v that the furd guys stand behind!! It's like muh ****** dreams come true around here. Erryone knows they're 14sec turds except those in denial....you build one and ****** prove me right
Actually, it does weigh that. Sorry.

I've owned two hemi rams. Had an 04 with 4.10 gears and a CAI, it walked my 5.3L silverado like a dog. Got an 07 currently and I have zero doubts that it would hand a 5.3L or LQ4 silverado it's *** on a platter, yours included.

Yeah, because you have so much proof that my 4V swap car ran 14's. Wanna know why you don't have that proof? Because I never ran that car at the track. Typical hio, flapping his gums without knowing what the **** he is talking about.

Last edited by JC316; 10-15-2017 at 02:59 AM.
Old 10-15-2017, 01:34 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Damn JC has been just raping Lena Dugham with facts in this thread. I feel bad for how slow the Chevrolet trucks are, it seems they're sort of the laughing stock when it comes to performance.
Old 10-15-2017, 01:53 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snake95
Damn JC has been just raping Lena Dugham with facts in this thread. I feel bad for how slow the Chevrolet trucks are, it seems they're sort of the laughing stock when it comes to performance.
​​​​​​​Dungham*
Old 10-15-2017, 09:23 AM
10 Second Club

Actually, it does weigh that. Sorry.

I've owned two hemi rams. Had an 04 with 4.10 gears and a CAI, it walked my 5.3L silverado like a dog. Got an 07 currently and I have zero doubts that it would hand a 5.3L or LQ4 silverado it's *** on a platter, yours included.

Yeah, because you have so much proof that my 4V swap car ran 14's. Wanna know why you don't have that proof? Because I never ran that car at the track. Typical hio, flapping his gums without knowing what the **** he is talking about.
It actually don't weigh that. But it's nice to see you believe all that you read. Shows what a fool you are.

I agree....it would take a 1500 hemi to be a goid run for the 2500 lq4. It also seems since you own ut that you could take the opportunity to go run it..

Oohhh....so you had another 14sec mustang too. Seems you posted a vid of it at the track before. Either way you've only been 14s wiyh no proif of otherwise.

I have a idea. Why don't you crawl out of your mothers basement today bitch.

Originally Posted by snake95

You feel bad for Chevrolet trucks?? Well i guess you were suicidal when you seen a 30poo furd truck and lived through all the modular years with severe depression. All horrible slow buckets of ****.

It's nice you're taking jc side. Slow needs company.
Old 10-15-2017, 12:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

It actually don't weigh that. But it's nice to see you believe all that you read. Shows what a fool you are.

I agree....it would take a 1500 hemi to be a goid run for the 2500 lq4. It also seems since you own ut that you could take the opportunity to go run it..

Oohhh....so you had another 14sec mustang too. Seems you posted a vid of it at the track before. Either way you've only been 14s wiyh no proif of otherwise.

I have a idea. Why don't you crawl out of your mothers basement today bitch.

You feel bad for Chevrolet trucks?? Well i guess you were suicidal when you seen a 30poo furd truck and lived through all the modular years with severe depression. All horrible slow buckets of ****.

It's nice you're taking jc side. Slow needs company.
According to Dodge, it does weigh that much. I trust them and motor trend over your incredibly limited experience and extremely narrow mind.

The one you saw was a clapped out, mid pipe only cobra with 200K miles and ran on a hot, humid day. It ran 14.3. I only got one run in because the track had overflow from bracket racing and it took 3 hours to get that run in.

So yeah, I've been laughing at you every time you bring up a 14 second 4V swap, because you're just as wrong about that as everything else. Spit out the chevy dick, go buy some other stuff, and you might realize that there are other options.

Quick Reply: Run in with a new C7 GS....some notes...