Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by islander033
LT1 don't got enough powers and TQ to pull in a 1.27 gear? WOW
1-2 1.59 drop
2-3 0.89 drop
3-4 0.39 drop
4-5 0.42 drop
5-6 0.27 drop
I guess it needs more TQ to over come the 0.42 drop...another 200 cubes might work. lol
Well mang.. since I own the car and drive it and log it, I can confidently say how the drives and acts and performs Kisses!
Old 09-19-2018, 12:42 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
that was poppa in denial of what happened. He claimed the car had a cam and all kinds of **** missing under the hood. Was simply not the case.

Get your story straight.....then there is no issues.
Ok duggy.. gotta call bs on that claim mang. Cam talk was JOKING. I was NEVER serious about that. The other mess we won't delve back into. I am not into the fussing like I used to be. Something about blood pressure and not liking how it feels in mah head when it's up. 8-0
Old 09-19-2018, 12:51 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
the 6gen A8 that did a 3.73 swap from a manual went no quicker than me on stock gears. I think it might actually be too much gear. It shifts into 2nd before the 60 foot and into 6th before the line. 3.42 should work better but I don't think 3-4 tenths is realistic. id say a couple tenths.

still no gear options for the 6g. the 1le 3.27 was a bust
Carlos Rios set the bolton record @ 10.4 in his C7 with the 3.42. The 3.42 will help. I was already deep into 5th gear before the ported MSD and soon to be 103mm tb combo.. hitting traps arounf 5600rpm at 127. 3.42 will put me into 6th gear for a good portion of the backhalf... 1:1 gear.. perfect.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:53 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by swapped3vgt
drug ? if you call breaking at 131 drug then your slow learning raggedy *** brain is on life support , says the guy with the slowest pos car in here .
Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
in one race that happened. And it was 131 on your speedo before you were at his bumper. about 140 before you were even. he kicked the **** out of you plenty of times. any race you won you barely won and had to play catchup. many times at near 150 mph. . Others would have taken you 3 miles to catch him if at all. Why don't you go get a Lamborghini and race to 200 mph. Races in past when buster coming back on you at 140 you let off. now you are a 200 mph racer. The races he won he drug your *** bad. Admit it and move on why are you acting like such a bitch now?
Ultra just owned your ***, LeoTardo. Your **** is weak. I'd walk you nasty.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:56 AM
Banned

why don't you get glasses and leave the pompoms on the table , 35 he got drug using your owns words , 40 he got passed at 131 and at 125 there was a 45 roll which we were neck to neck and he did beat me on anything lower than 30 , your childish comment just add to the excuse bucket so shut the **** up and stop talking **** you fan boy .
and the only bitch here is you with your analytical comments every time an op post a race that hurts your feelings , man check your butt and take that big chevy logo out it .
wrong again , properly tune so all other 6th gen were not properly tuned man listening to your bull **** explanation makes less sense than listening to a turtle talk , gtdo with that properly tune b.s putting down people cause every other ss I drug nasty wernt properly tune per your logic . Take some melatonin and go to sleep refresh your rotten putrid brain .
Hahahahahahahahaha LeoTardo is so ******* MAD! You got raped to 150+ by a less modded 6gen. Deal with it or seak therapy, fatty.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Carlos Rios set the bolton record @ 10.4 in his C7 with the 3.42. The 3.42 will help. I was already deep into 5th gear before the ported MSD and soon to be 103mm tb combo.. hitting traps arounf 5600rpm at 127. 3.42 will put me into 6th gear for a good portion of the backhalf... 1:1 gear.. perfect.

yeah i know the car. He in the 9s now with heads cam I think

10.4 is about what I’d expect at his weight and mods in good air. I should be at least 10.7 this fall and I’m probably a couple hundred heavier than him with no gears. I just don’t think they are worth more than a couple tenths at most.

been trying to get to the track for a month now. It either rains, or I have a problem or work. Shooting for this Friday again but the weather now says rain on Friday so who knows.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:23 AM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Well mang.. since I own the car and drive it and log it, I can confidently say how the drives and acts and performs Kisses!
So..it don't haz enough cubes to pull in a 1.27 gear? Gottcha!

:hugz:
Old 09-19-2018, 08:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

It has plenty of cubes.... Coyote A10 is simply geared better. Worst thing you can do on a bolt-on LT1 is increase the tire height. That makes the 5th gear drop even worse then what the paper shows. 28" drag pack turned the 5th gear into a 1.15, where a 26" drag pack would make it more like a 1.37.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:55 AM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
It has plenty of cubes.... Coyote A10 is simply geared better. Worst thing you can do on a bolt-on LT1 is increase the tire height. That makes the 5th gear drop even worse then what the paper shows. 28" drag pack turned the 5th gear into a 1.10-1.15
I can see OD being a weak pull, but 1:1 and deeper shouldn't be an issue.

The LT1 seems to hit a wall in 5th, more torks would fix that.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 88 Likes on 62 Posts

torque blows motors DD. We both know this.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:49 PM
11 Second Club

So..it don't haz enough cubes to pull in a 1.27 gear? Gottcha!

:hugz:
It loses a little momentum on the 5th gear shift

-actual A8 owner 😀
Old 09-19-2018, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All problems are torx problems. However this one calculates to a HP problem. Stock manifold 6th gem makes peak power at 5,700 and drops like a rock after that. 5,700 happens to be 130 in 5th. I see guys posting about splits and what not. We need to focus on final drive ratio. At a 3.57 final drive the rpm just creeps to slow to not expose the 6th Gens power issues past peak hp. Is what it is.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

At Eckers we always used ported MSDs even on bolt on cars. Out the box MSD intake leaves a lot to be desired.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
At Eckers we always used ported MSDs even on bolt on cars. Out the box MSD intake leaves a lot to be desired.
True story. Sad for how much they cost.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lazerlemonta
Question for both then still exists

e85 I don’t use pump yet, I’ll be doing flex fuel to help win the temps causing the sensors to go bad from running so many time in a row
Old 09-19-2018, 05:25 PM
Teching In

Let me say something, for the people that might not of passed science class in high school. For a car to reel in another car, they have to be going a higher mph and accelerating quicker at the same time. So if the car in front is ahead and doing 120mph but the car behind is reeling in at a decent speed that means the vehicle behind is going a minimum of 5mph higher and is accelerating quicking than the car in front. Just because a car was in front of a car going 130 doesn’t mean that that car was going in a faster speed at the time. I proved it before running someone I let off earlier and he never told me I let off early. Because he was already hitting the speed we agreed on. I asked him he actually was 7mph over the trap speed for the race and I had let off 10mph before the agreed speed.
the guy was reeling me on pretty fast and I did it to him because he love to eat the huge jump on our runs since he had better top end. If you don’t believe me try it and you will see.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The buster
Let me say something, for the people that might not of passed science class in high school. For a car to reel in another car, they have to be going a higher mph and accelerating quicker at the same time. So if the car in front is ahead and doing 120mph but the car behind is reeling in at a decent speed that means the vehicle behind is going a minimum of 5mph higher and is accelerating quicking than the car in front. Just because a car was in front of a car going 130 doesn’t mean that that car was going in a faster speed at the time. I proved it before running someone I let off earlier and he never told me I let off early. Because he was already hitting the speed we agreed on. I asked him he actually was 7mph over the trap speed for the race and I had let off 10mph before the agreed speed.
the guy was reeling me on pretty fast and I did it to him because he love to eat the huge jump on our runs since he had better top end. If you don’t believe me try it and you will see.

I have to disagree with you on this one bro. If two cars leave the same spot at the same time and both continue to accelerate then the one in front reaches the mph first. The other could be accelerating faster but still has to overcome the original deficit to catch up. I agree that it is accelerating faster but it does not reach terminal speed first. Now if they start at different speeds or times then the car behind could reach a determined speed before passing the other car. Just watch the speedo in the vids. It proves my point. Plus the rear car stays on it trying to catch the front car and never does before terminal speed is reached.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Pray
I have to disagree with you on this one bro. If two cars leave the same spot at the same time and both continue to accelerate then the one in front reaches the mph first. The other could be accelerating faster but still has to overcome the original deficit to catch up. I agree that it is accelerating faster but it does not reach terminal speed first. Now if they start at different speeds or times then the car behind could reach a determined speed before passing the other car. Just watch the speedo in the vids. It proves my pount. Plus the rear car stays on it trying to catch the front car and never does before terminal speed is reached.

to be be able to pas a car (reeling in) the car behind has to be going a higher mph. I have done it and if you do it you will see. Run a car that you know will reel you in and test it out. When my buddy in his hellcat and I ran we were both stock I pulled almost a car and he passed me when I was going 110mph and he said he let off at 130 once he was already a car ahead. The roll was 30-130. So if by 110(my cluster mph) he passed me and was already Letting off at 130mph that means he was atleast 5-10mph over me to reel me in. It’s something you learn in school. Math actually.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Pray
I have to disagree with you on this one bro. If two cars leave the same spot at the same time and both continue to accelerate then the one in front reaches the mph first. The other could be accelerating faster but still has to overcome the original deficit to catch up. I agree that it is accelerating faster but it does not reach terminal speed first. Now if they start at different speeds or times then the car behind could reach a determined speed before passing the other car. Just watch the speedo in the vids. It proves my point. Plus the rear car stays on it trying to catch the front car and never does before terminal speed is reached.
I was confused the first time he explained but now I'm really puzzle wtf is he trying to say . I think I get it 5.0 are slow and your tune cars are fast.
check
Old 09-19-2018, 05:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by The buster
dont waste your breath the blind fold cant come off