Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

lucille vs pray tune 6th gen

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 12:57 AM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

All I have came of this thread is a bunch of gay **** . Camaro would be my track car no doubt it would drag the mustang at the track with mods giving in the race . For street I’d take the mustang all day top end is better. Down here we normally do 35-55 starting roll to normally 140-160 not the Florida special 120-130 **** lol . And hell to me looks like you guys have a lot of room to stretch both cars out a lot .
Old 09-20-2018, 01:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by swapped3vgt
I was confused the first time he explained but now I'm really puzzle wtf is he trying to say . I think I get it 5.0 are slow and your tune cars are fast.
check
Not at all what is trying to be said. Just spitting fax. The proper Pray cars move out. Has been proven over and over again on the streets and tracks. Probably surprise you when I say I love the new A10 5.0s. I do have plans to get one and boost it for sure. Its a monster boost platform

Originally Posted by Pray
On paper, Drew is a 125-126 mph car at best in great weather. I would say that Leo is a 130ish car in same conditions. Possibly a hair faster. But for some reason that doesnt show till the camaro is past peak power in 5th. With the A10 and better gearing it should show from front to back. But in this case it doesn't. So down low the Camaro generates more speed in a shorter amount of time and starts to trail off after 130. Leo's car comes back with better gearing and peak power rpm. That's exactly what the vids showed.

What all A10 cars have shown is that they suck in the 1/8 mile and ride on the back half. They spend all their time shifting on the front half but have two gears to spare on the back half. The ZL1 is a prime example but has the blower to pull the back half. The 5.0 has the rpm and axle gearing to pull the back end. It seems both the ZL1 and the 5.0 will almost 30mph back half where even a well sorted 6th gen will 24mph back half at best most of the time. I don't see how the 19 Camaros will have the power to do it. I don't anticipate the 19's to be any faster unless GM sorts some stuff out.
The A8 6gens are killing the A10 5.0s on front half at the track. the mph gained on the backhalf is due to the gearing as we all know. 5.0s are playing catchup for 660ft.

Hey Leo, what is the height or your rear tire, or the average tire height of what the A10 5.0 guys are running? And what is your shift mph? I am trying to do some math. Thanks.
Most of them like to run a 26" tire. 274/40-17 ET R like I used to run, or a Hoosier DR2(which is much lighter)
Old 09-20-2018, 04:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by islander033
I wanna see Pray get an NA A8 sis gen to not hit the 5th gear wall.
I got one for you brother.
Old 09-20-2018, 04:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

i run for races a 27 inch tire and optimal shift points are at 7600 rpm , and tbh i have no animosity against you or your abilities as a tuner just things were blown out of proportions and some comments were too quick to appear before the whole race was even posted at the end this is just for fun , no disrespect was intended towards you . people's opinion and my opinion of the race might not be the same as you or other members here
Thanks, I did my math wrong, I used a 28" tire but got the shift rpm correct. Ford nailed it with that trans and gearing with the power band for the top end. It also now makes since why the low end appears to be the weaker side of a run. I am all about the technical side of thing and figuring out how and why things work. I am a data cruncher. Making a car fast is all physics and math. That's it, no magic, no special sauce. I should have just stuck to that in here like I tried to in the beginning and always have.

I harbor no animosity towards you or anyone else on here. I don't care if people want to smear me or degrade my skills. I am actually fine with that. All I have argued over are the mechanics of this whole thing. I have done nothing but give you credit and hype your car. There would be no pride in the races if I thought your car wasn't awesome. My job is to simply make my customers cars faster than the others out there. Without your input and you publishing the races for all to see I wouldn't be able to do that. So I appreciate you posting up and remaining part of the conversation. If you felt that I ever disrespected you then I whole heartedly apologize for that. It was never my intention. I hope you can accept that.
Old 09-20-2018, 05:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I did my math wrong, I used a 28" tire but got the shift rpm correct. Ford nailed it with that trans and gearing with the power band for the top end. It also now makes since why the low end appears to be the weaker side of a run. I am all about the technical side of thing and figuring out how and why things work. I am a data cruncher. Making a car fast is all physics and math. That's it, no magic, no special sauce. I should have just stuck to that in here like I tried to in the beginning and always have.

I harbor no animosity towards you or anyone else on here. I don't care if people want to smear me or degrade my skills. I am actually fine with that. All I have argued over are the mechanics of this whole thing. I have done nothing but give you credit and hype your car. There would be no pride in the races if I thought your car wasn't awesome. My job is to simply make my customers cars faster than the others out there. Without your input and you publishing the races for all to see I wouldn't be able to do that. So I appreciate you posting up and remaining part of the conversation. If you felt that I ever disrespected you then I whole heartedly apologize for that. It was never my intention. I hope you can accept that.
appreciate that , what's your opinion on a gear swap for a 10 sp ? Let's say a 3:73 or 4:09
Old 09-20-2018, 06:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

appreciate that , what's your opinion on a gear swap for a 10 sp ? Let's say a 3:73 or 4:09
I would have to run all the numbers but I think the issue right now down low is that the car is over geared and spends all its time shifting up till 5th or 6th. The deeper gear would only exacerbate that issue, especially for drag racing. However, for the rolls that you guys do with your current tire height the 3.73 may work out.

Now, looking at the lower gear splits with say the 4.09 you could benefit from it if your tuner sets your car up to not start in 1st and skip gears on the front half. With the A10 from what I have head you can select starting gears and you can skip gears. In a drag race we are looking to get through the 60ft in 1st gear or our starting gear and have around 1K rpm splits on shifts. A deeper gear could allow you to do that if set up properly in the trans.

For your guys roll racing bit I would look at your start mph and end mph and plan my rear gear and tire height accordingly. Your set up should set you at your max rpm in your 1:1 gear at your end mph.
Old 09-20-2018, 07:24 AM
Teching In

I would have to run all the numbers but I think the issue right now down low is that the car is over geared and spends all its time shifting up till 5th or 6th. The deeper gear would only exacerbate that issue, especially for drag racing. However, for the rolls that you guys do with your current tire height the 3.73 may work out.

Now, looking at the lower gear splits with say the 4.09 you could benefit from it if your tuner sets your car up to not start in 1st and skip gears on the front half. With the A10 from what I have head you can select starting gears and you can skip gears. In a drag race we are looking to get through the 60ft in 1st gear or our starting gear and have around 1K rpm splits on shifts. A deeper gear could allow you to do that if set up properly in the trans.

For your guys roll racing bit I would look at your start mph and end mph and plan my rear gear and tire height accordingly. Your set up should set you at your max rpm in your 1:1 gear at your end mph.
I know the guys over at steeda had a 10 sp with a 4:09 gear differential and they were having great success at the track my only concern is that is too much of gear but it will give it a shot if i don't like it i'll go back to 3:55 .
thank you for the response , much appreciated .
Old 09-20-2018, 07:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

I know the guys over at steeda had a 10 sp with a 4:09 gear differential and they were having great success at the track my only concern is that is too much of gear but it will give it a shot if i don't like it i'll go back to 3:55 .
thank you for the response , much appreciated .
Count the gears they go through down the track if they have a vid. If you don't hear six shifts then they have figured the A10 tuning game out.
Old 09-20-2018, 07:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by The buster

to be be able to pas a car (reeling in) the car behind has to be going a higher mph. I have done it and if you do it you will see. Run a car that you know will reel you in and test it out. When my buddy in his hellcat and I ran we were both stock I pulled almost a car and he passed me when I was going 110mph and he said he let off at 130 once he was already a car ahead. The roll was 30-130. So if by 110(my cluster mph) he passed me and was already Letting off at 130mph that means he was atleast 5-10mph over me to reel me in. It’s something you learn in school. Math actually.
and physics
Old 09-20-2018, 08:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 88 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by OneSlowV
All I have came of this thread is a bunch of gay **** . Camaro would be my track car no doubt it would drag the mustang at the track with mods giving in the race . For street I’d take the mustang all day top end is better. Down here we normally do 35-55 starting roll to normally 140-160 not the Florida special 120-130 **** lol . And hell to me looks like you guys have a lot of room to stretch both cars out a lot .
I would take a automatic stang if my girlfriend drove it the majority of the time.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by CamOnlyJabroni

I would take a automatic stang if my girlfriend drove it the majority of the time.
But then you'd have a boyfriend..
Old 09-20-2018, 09:16 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
If the car in front is 115mph. The other car will not stop the pull, or start pulling back, until it reaches the same speed. At the same time. When neither car is pulling on the other. Which ever car is going faster, while it's going faster, will be at a higher mph. Therefore reaching higher numbers first. Even if it's behind. Speed & acceleration are two different things.

I was also going to post some track times. Say a car runs 9.9 @134mph. Another car runs 10.0 @153mph. Clearly the 9.9 car covered the distance faster. Clearly the 10.0 car was going way faster, after a certain point, & hit 134mph way before the 9.9 car. Two totally different cars doing different things. Lol.
hhhmmmmm......how strange. You mean to tell me all cars don't do everything the same? Damn....that cray cray mang.

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
They do fall off a bit in 5th. But you also have to give the mustang some credit. It’s strong up there. Just like the Camaro is super strong 0-120
it goes through 2 gears will the camaro is in 5th......that's a pretty good advantage.

Maybe A10 will save the LT1?

My 3 speed does ok some times....weird the LT1 is screaming for 10 speeds.
Useless post #1
Originally Posted by BlkMach1
That’s why I like the track...and Hiollary loves rolls.
man I'm glad i don't have to lie on you.

be easy for you to prove me wrong with a street dig tho......but that hasn't happened. Till it does I'm right.

I just see it as you are racing to a mph. Not a distance and apparently not to see who is in front at said speed. Using the logic presented, the car behind can let off and say he reached the mph sooner and claim the W. Da ***? Explain that one away. Not trying to be argumentative, I just don't get the logic. I am behind, therefore I win. Cool.
that's how furd guys roll. They no care who's in front.

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Ok duggy.. gotta call bs on that claim mang. Cam talk was JOKING. I was NEVER serious about that. The other mess we won't delve back into. I am not into the fussing like I used to be. Something about blood pressure and not liking how it feels in mah head when it's up. 8-0
we all seen it poppa. You had that **** posted errywhere.

I can see OD being a weak pull, but 1:1 and deeper shouldn't be an issue.

The LT1 seems to hit a wall in 5th, more torks would fix that.
useless post #2

Wow, I guess a lot happens on here when a hurricane hits you. Crazy how I somehow turned into a dick in five days.

I have made no excuses on here. No need. Never have and never will. I simply tried to explain the in's and out's of the 6th Gen. There will for sure be no more of that.

As far as me social media **** talking, that is a flat out lie. I have never degraded Leo's car. I have only complimented the car and compared the facts. Someone tried to post a pic of Leo passing Drew at 135 or something and that in fact was the run Leo took the hit as I thought. So I grabbed a screen shot of the very next run with Drew out a car or two at 148. The point was that anyone can grab a screen shot to make a point. I only state the facts as they lay out. Always have and always will. So if someone tries to dispute facts then I fight back. Don't like it, GFYS.

The other race with the 5.0 in the rain has been beaten to death.

I am sometimes late to the party with what is going on in Miami. I don't live there and is a tiny fraction of my business and attention really. I work two full time jobs and product completion comes before Social Media or SRK.

So go back to talking **** now. Peace.
these furd guys get real upset with facts and screenshots pray.

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
in one race that happened. And it was 131 on your speedo before you were at his bumper. about 140 before you were even. he kicked the **** out of you plenty of times. any race you won you barely won and had to play catchup. many times at near 150 mph. . Others would have taken you 3 miles to catch him if at all. Why don't you go get a Lamborghini and race to 200 mph. Races in past when buster coming back on you at 140 you let off. now you are a 200 mph racer. The races he won he drug your *** bad. Admit it and move on why are you acting like such a bitch now?
Doh.....ultra layeth the smacketh down
Originally Posted by Andes101
🍿 Man why can't we just all get along lol it's just a fun race guys!
because furd guys cry about errythang. They are of the liberal type and believe in participation trophies and if they aren't winning then they should rerace.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:20 AM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

This is the second time Ive posted this video in response to the "you've never digged on the street". This video is on this forum and in 2 other posts. But you can continue to live in the nile bruv.
Dig vs a modded GTO while recording on street tires.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:23 AM
10 Second Club

1 dig a year....nice average.

I've had more accidental dig races than that in my puck up this year.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:32 AM
Teching In

Even when proven wrong you still think you're right. LMAO remember "You never have posted a dig! waaa waaaaa".

Only thing that hasnt been posted in the last year is 1 race by you. 0 in the last year is on par with my stock 1.5L non-vtec civic and thats pathetic considering the number of 11 sec cars you own.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Let's Narrate the video for those with short term memory loss and seem to forget what they watched by the time they started typing in the comment box.

Run 1 & 2. Camaro gets hit and stays way out. Stang cuts video off early. 2-0

Run 3 Stang gets slight hit, Camaro spins, pulls back goes around, the Stang pulls back up top around wins by a car to 150. 2-1

Run 4 Stang gets hit, Camaro spins, pulls back even, Stang pulls ahead by half car to 130. 2-2

Run 5 Even hit, Camaro gets out ahead and stays out a car to 150. 3-2

Run 6 Even hit, Camaro starts 1/4 car back, gets out a car, mustang comes back by 130. 3-3

Run 7 Camaro gets slight hit, stays out 2.5 cars to 145. Stang let's out first. 4-3

Run 8, Mustang slight hit, Camaro gets out a car, Stang pulls back at 140. 4-4

Run 9, Even hit, Camaro still ahead at 145. 5-4

Looks to me like they ran out most races...Stang cut video off early on 2 races and Camaro let off around 130 on 2 races. Other then that it appear that whoever gets the hit wins by 145-150mph. Coyote has stronger pull in the 130-150 range, Camaro is stronger to 120. If Camaro gets out it can stay out with less mods.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Camaro def won and is the faster car unless going to crazy speeds.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:03 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
Let's Narrate the video for those with short term memory loss and seem to forget what they watched by the time they started typing in the comment box.

Run 3 Stang gets slight hit, Camaro spins, pulls back goes around, the Stang pulls back up top around wins by a car to 150. 2-1

Run 4 Stang gets hit, Camaro spins, pulls back even, Stang pulls ahead by half car to 130. 2-2

Run 6 Even hit, Camaro starts 1/4 car back, gets out a car, mustang comes back by 130. 3-3

Run 7 Camaro gets slight hit, stays out 2.5 cars to 145. Stang let's out first. 4-3

Looks to me like they ran out most races...Stang cut video off early on 2 races and Camaro let off around 130 on 2 races. Other then that it appear that whoever gets the hit wins by 145-150mph. Coyote has stronger pull in the 130-150 range, Camaro is stronger to 120. If Camaro gets out it can stay out with less mods.

solid breakdown king, 5-4 sure sounds different than the “90% were wins” we heard earlier.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:08 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
Even when proven wrong you still think you're right. LMAO remember "You never have posted a dig! waaa waaaaa".

Only thing that hasnt been posted in the last year is 1 race by you. 0 in the last year is on par with my stock 1.5L non-vtec civic and thats pathetic considering the number of 11 sec cars you own.
i am very much right. I dig race ever don't make you a dig racer. I'm sure you coulda planned more digs in amongst all the rolls you've did.....but you haven't.

I've had several runs this year. Just haven't posted them because no vid. I did mention a couple of them in the bs thread. One of me driving phils car even......that is on vid and a thread.

best part is i don't have to lie on you. But i guess you salty after your moon boosted auto 5br0 runs 10s on a fuel while my bolt on ls6 rans 10s on pump gas.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:13 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kinglt-1

sounds fair enough to me man , never denied the camaro beat me on the lower rolls his car shoots out like a bullet from 20 /30 rolls but it is fair to say that 35/40 and maybe the 45 rolls my car won those races , the issue was some members here did not agree with the outcome .