Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

lucille vs pray tune 6th gen

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 02:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedFuryZ28
This was a 20 roll....buses bro.

Here's a 40 roll where 6gen was still ahead at 140+mph.

Here's a 30 roll where the 6gen was buses ahead at 140+.

Here's a 50 roll where the 6gen was still ahead at 150+ mph.

You lost the moon races, bro.
There were more than one 40 roll but you picked the rolls which i said he beats me 20 and 30 why didn't you screenshot the 35 or the other 40 roll ? regardless why am i discussing this with you and your turd-mobile . the guy that lost to a 2v . gtfo
Old 09-10-2018, 02:31 PM
Banned

Id walk your coyotard as well, little fella. You lost like 8 races lmao
Old 09-10-2018, 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
I also don't believe who ever is in front hits x mph first. When the camero is pulling it is going faster. The stang stops the pull at certain point. Both going same speed. Then stang pulling back on mero means stang is going faster. Is this off?
For the 6th Gen to get out on the 5.0 he was accelerating faster and had more mph. The 5.0 does start pulling back but still has to make up that lost mph in the beginning and now start adding mph to get to the same point at the same time. Since he does not pass the 6th Gen by the determined mph so he has not reached the terminal mph first or he would be ahead. Was he gaining mph, absolutely, but not enough. If the 5.0 had reached that speed first he would have let off. It would also stand to reason that he would have been ahead at that point as well. You can see it in the video down at the bottom the 5.0's speeds. That is how I came to this determination. This is why drag racing a predetermined distance is popular. It gives you two data points. A start point and a stop point equaling distance and 0 - what ever mph equaling speed. That is the way I see it.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dang, I was hoping this thread wouldn't digress. We were having such a great time.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:40 PM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer

so four corner race brakes too and only one seat in the car?
Avoiding the fact that the 6gen runs like this as well? Hes posted lots of videos where theres no passenger seat and no rear seat. Or you think he had full interior + his great dane in the car?
Old 09-10-2018, 02:42 PM
Teching In

Im with Soflo, If one car is gaining on the other then its going faster, whether its 2,3 or 4 mph who knows.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:42 PM
Banned

Here comes the coyotard butthurt haha
Old 09-10-2018, 02:45 PM
Teching In

Dont make me bring Cwarta in here and send you running away like a cockroach when the lights come on. Last time you went into hiding for over a month.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
Avoiding the fact that the 6gen runs like this as well? Hes posted lots of videos where theres no passenger seat and no rear seat. Or you think he had full interior + his great dane in the car?
show me where the camero has 4 corner race brakes and c85 oops
Old 09-10-2018, 02:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Pray
For the 6th Gen to get out on the 5.0 he was accelerating faster and had more mph. The 5.0 does start pulling back but still has to make up that lost mph in the beginning and now start adding mph to get to the same point at the same time. Since he does not pass the 6th Gen by the determined mph so he has not reached the terminal mph first or he would be ahead. Was he gaining mph, absolutely, but not enough. If the 5.0 had reached that speed first he would have let off. It would also stand to reason that he would have been ahead at that point as well. You can see it in the video down at the bottom the 5.0's speeds. That is how I came to this determination. This is why drag racing a predetermined distance is popular. It gives you two data points. A start point and a stop point equaling distance and 0 - what ever mph equaling speed. That is the way I see it.
Correct. Same point same time? He does on a couple runs. I thought you were just talking speed. Time & distance are two more things. Several races the mero runs all the way out. Some he lets out around 130 or so, before getting passed or evened up. When he learns he doesn't have the top end. Think of a real fast car up against a mediocre car. The real fast car gets beat bad out of the hole. Then accelerates very hard & reaches the speed before he even reaches the other car.

This is skreet roll. Not track where time & distance are much more important. I really don't like how he let's out but that's only my opinion. Both are awesome cars.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 413 Likes on 331 Posts

Can't wait to see the a10 in the camaro.....the pull won't be stopped then. By watching the vids the a10 goes through 2 gears after the camaro hits 5th......that's YUGE for tq multiplication.

add in just the difference in fuel...5br0 on race brakes and it woulda looked bad bad if it woulda been mod4mod
Old 09-10-2018, 03:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by big hammer

show me where the camero has 4 corner race brakes and c85 oops
deflection noted on gutting. Camaro is lighter out of the box.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:03 PM
Banned

Dont make me bring Cwarta in here and send you running away like a cockroach when the lights come on. Last time you went into hiding for over a month.
Every coyotard talks tough from thousands of miles away....yawn...
Old 09-10-2018, 03:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by RedFuryZ28
Every coyotard talks tough from thousands of miles away....yawn...
That's pretty funny coming from this guy.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:40 PM
Teching In

LMAO! So true.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
Correct. Same point same time? He does on a couple runs. I thought you were just talking speed. Time & distance are two more things. Several races the mero runs all the way out. Some he lets out around 130 or so, before getting passed or evened up. When he learns he doesn't have the top end. Think of a real fast car up against a mediocre car. The real fast car gets beat bad out of the hole. Then accelerates very hard & reaches the speed before he even reaches the other car.

This is skreet roll. Not track where time & distance are much more important. I really don't like how he let's out but that's only my opinion. Both are awesome cars.
I think everyone is missing something. As far as I know the end mph for each run was agreed upon. Drew let out at the agreed mph for each run. It wasn't like every run was to 150. Some were 30-130, 40-140, 50-150. There were obviously more but you get the point. If the runs had been 20-150 or 30-150 then Leo would have had more ground to make up and the results would have been the same in my opinion. Look at Leo's speedo on the bottom of the vids. For the most part, every time Drew checks up Leo isn't at the end mph yet. I don't know how else to say it. I am just going off the data presented.

What you are forgetting about is traction at the track. Given even traction, like a roll race from an agreed upon start mph, traction is out of the equation. So at the track, one car runs 11.0@120 and the other runs 11.0@150 the 150 car simply didn't have the same 60ft. Given the same 60ft it wouldn't run 11.0's.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im with Soflo, If one car is gaining on the other then its going faster, whether its 2,3 or 4 mph who knows.
I agree that it is accelerating faster at a certain point in the run, no doubt, it should. But it has to over come the deficit up front and then pass the rate of speed of the other car. The other car still gets to a mph first. Just look at the mph at the bottom of the screen. You can't start at the same place in space and be behind and reach the same mph faster. It doesn't work like that from a roll. It only works like that if traction is the issue.
Old 09-10-2018, 04:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am sure they will run again. Best thing to do next time is to put a GPS camera in each car and see where each guy lets off by GPS verified mph.
Old 09-10-2018, 04:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Pray
I am sure they will run again. Best thing to do next time is to put a GPS camera in each car and see where each guy lets off by GPS verified mph.
Does it really have to come to that I mean when did racing get so petty what happened to the car in front gets the win.........
Old 09-10-2018, 04:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chris25
Does it really have to come to that I mean when did racing get so petty what happened to the car in front gets the win.........
IDK man. That seems to be the biggest gripe. If it takes you till 140 to 150 to come around a car then the other car is probably just quicker. Go mod your car some more and come back for the next round.

Both awesome cars and awesome dudes. The races laid out as they did. Not much else to say about that.