H/C/I Stall Trans AM LS1 vs RS3 (video) - Page 4 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

H/C/I Stall Trans AM LS1 vs RS3 (video)

 
Old 12-14-2018, 09:49 PM
  #61  
Staging Lane
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 61
Default

Originally Posted by Nick V. View Post
it was. and for the mods the tranny did good. I dont expect a ls1 car to beat every brand new car. especially when modified.

Thats why id like to see a bunch more races.

I should have some good races coming up. One is with a heads / cam / nitrous G8.

I am on the list for the e85 beta tune soon. Most cars with it are trapping 129+ and running mid to high 10's. I should have some interesting races after that as well.

Boryke is offline  
Old 12-16-2018, 04:28 PM
  #62  
10 Second Club
iTrader: (2)
 
ohioborn80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Phenix City, AL
Posts: 211
Default

Nice kill
ohioborn80 is offline  
Old 12-19-2018, 02:28 AM
  #63  
TECH Addict
iTrader: (6)
 
Johnnystock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,597
Default

Originally Posted by assasinator View Post
it's the point i have been trying to make. we can work the **** our of our motors to make less than a turbo damned audi 2.5.

AWD.

here are infinity Q60 bolt on power.
Meh. All those numbers are meaningless without 1/4 mile times from the customers, NOT from the "tuners" who claim insane numbers fromt their various tune stage. Like my brother 400hp 2.0T claim and got a high [email protected] Not even close to a 430hp tank stock. Show me real world results. At least, even with all the BS in here, ls1tech has shitloads of data and video to support the LS power gains.
Sounds like a really basically modded TA.
Johnnystock is offline  
Old 12-19-2018, 09:26 AM
  #64  
10 Second Club
iTrader: (7)
 
HioSSilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Winchester, VA
Posts: 4,923
Default

Originally Posted by Boryke View Post
I should have some good races coming up. One is with a heads / cam / nitrous G8.

I am on the list for the e85 beta tune soon. Most cars with it are trapping 129+ and running mid to high 10's. I should have some interesting races after that as well.
a solid h/c ls should easily be 125+.....like easily. So he shoulda drug you with ease.
HioSSilver is online now  
Old 12-19-2018, 09:38 AM
  #65  
TECH Enthusiast
iTrader: (1)
 
Chris25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 643
Default

Originally Posted by Boryke View Post
I should have some good races coming up. One is with a heads / cam / nitrous G8.

I am on the list for the e85 beta tune soon. Most cars with it are trapping 129+ and running mid to high 10's. I should have some interesting races after that as well.
Whats an RS3 weight like 3500lbs ? I mean you should be a solid 400lbs lighter than the G8 unless he has some weight reduction done you definitely have the edge.
Chris25 is online now  
Old 12-19-2018, 12:35 PM
  #66  
Teching In
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: cadillac,MI
Posts: 26
Default

Originally Posted by HioSSilver View Post
a solid h/c ls should easily be 125+.....like easily. So he shoulda drug you with ease.
That was kinda what I was thinking, that's why I asked about track times. Not to take anything away from the RS3.
spikestang is online now  
Old 12-19-2018, 02:14 PM
  #67  
Staging Lane
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 61
Default

Originally Posted by HioSSilver View Post
a solid h/c ls should easily be 125+.....like easily. So he shoulda drug you with ease.
The average LS1 car does not trap 125+ with heads / cam / stall.

I have a 2000 Camaro SS and a 2006 Z06 as well. I'm well aware of what these cars do.

Trans Am was full weight as well. My Camaro @ 3350 raceweight and 411rwhp with a 6spd is a 121mph car on motor. My z06 with 550rwhp is a 132 car @ 3330 raceweight.
Boryke is offline  
Old 12-19-2018, 02:16 PM
  #68  
Staging Lane
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 61
Default

Originally Posted by HioSSilver View Post
a solid h/c ls should easily be 125+.....like easily. So he shoulda drug you with ease.
Originally Posted by Johnnystock View Post
Meh. All those numbers are meaningless without 1/4 mile times from the customers, NOT from the "tuners" who claim insane numbers fromt their various tune stage. Like my brother 400hp 2.0T claim and got a high [email protected] Not even close to a 430hp tank stock. Show me real world results. At least, even with all the BS in here, ls1tech has shitloads of data and video to support the LS power gains.
Sounds like a really basically modded TA.
Here's some real world results for you.

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...-mile-database

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Tune only, 93 octane cars are 10.8-11.4 @ 119-124 mph full weight.

E85 are much faster of course.
Boryke is offline  
Old 12-19-2018, 02:25 PM
  #69  
10 Second Club
iTrader: (7)
 
HioSSilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Winchester, VA
Posts: 4,923
Default

Go run yours for real world results as it sets. They do seem to run well.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 12-19-2018 at 02:36 PM.
HioSSilver is online now  
Old 12-19-2018, 02:36 PM
  #70  
TECH Enthusiast
iTrader: (1)
 
Chris25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 643
Default

Originally Posted by Boryke View Post
The average LS1 car does not trap 125+ with heads / cam / stall.

I have a 2000 Camaro SS and a 2006 Z06 as well. I'm well aware of what these cars do.

Trans Am was full weight as well. My Camaro @ 3350 raceweight and 411rwhp with a 6spd is a 121mph car on motor. My z06 with 550rwhp is a 132 car @ 3330 raceweight.
What was the DA on said runs? I mean just because your car didn't run up to par doesn't make it the rule. There is a ton of examples of HCI LS cars running 125+ on this site just do a search.
Chris25 is online now  
Old 12-19-2018, 03:01 PM
  #71  
Staging Lane
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 61
Default

Originally Posted by Chris25 View Post
What was the DA on said runs? I mean just because your car didn't run up to par doesn't make it the rule. There is a ton of examples of HCI LS cars running 125+ on this site just do a search.
I'm not going to search anything. You're delusional if you think 125 is common for a full weight auto ls1 car that's heads / cam / intake.
Boryke is offline  
Old 12-19-2018, 03:04 PM
  #72  
Staging Lane
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 61
Default

Originally Posted by Chris25 View Post
What was the DA on said runs? I mean just because your car didn't run up to par doesn't make it the rule. There is a ton of examples of HCI LS cars running 125+ on this site just do a search.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...ck-ci-h-c.html

What am I missing here? All of the full weight FBodies are around 120 for H/C/I.
Boryke is offline  
Old 12-19-2018, 03:12 PM
  #73  
10 Second Club
iTrader: (7)
 
HioSSilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Winchester, VA
Posts: 4,923
Default

You're missing that i trapped 131 with a bolt on ls6.....and there is no suck thing as full weight once modding starts.

So yea....125 with a h/c ls 4gen is nothing very difficult. Just because some can't doesn't mean it's hard. It just means THEY can't.
HioSSilver is online now  
Old 12-19-2018, 03:13 PM
  #74  
TECH Enthusiast
iTrader: (1)
 
Chris25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 643
Default

Originally Posted by Boryke View Post
I'm not going to search anything. You're delusional if you think 125 is common for a full weight auto ls1 car that's heads / cam / intake.
I am delusional yet you cannot read? Where did I say full weight and where did I say Auto? Of course stalled autos are going to trap a little less than a manual trans but they still are capable of trapping 125 + and who's going to go through all this work and have a near full weight car? I mean you keep adding all these stips in guy stick to the Audi's.
Chris25 is online now  
Old 12-19-2018, 03:16 PM
  #75  
Staging Lane
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 61
Default

Originally Posted by HioSSilver View Post
You're missing that i trapped 131 with a bolt on ls6.....and there is no suck thing as full weight once modding starts.

So yea....125 with a h/c ls 4gen is nothing very difficult. Just because some can't doesn't mean it's hard. It just means THEY can't.

you say it's not difficult... but I'm not finding a single instance of a full weight Ls1 fbody trapping that on this site. Don't come at me with "norms" and then have 0 evidence of it.

Boryke is offline  
Old 12-19-2018, 03:17 PM
  #76  
Staging Lane
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 61
Default

Originally Posted by Chris25 View Post
I am delusional yet you cannot read? Where did I say full weight and where did I say Auto? Of course stalled autos are going to trap a little less than a manual trans but they still are capable of trapping 125 + and who's going to go through all this work and have a near full weight car? I mean you keep adding all these stips in guy stick to the Audi's.
Ahhh, backpedaling. Auto or M6 doesn't matter. Full weight H/C/I cars don't trap 125. Period.
Boryke is offline  
Old 12-19-2018, 03:22 PM
  #77  
TECH Enthusiast
iTrader: (1)
 
Chris25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 643
Default

Originally Posted by Boryke View Post
Ahhh, backpedaling. Auto or M6 doesn't matter. Full weight H/C/I cars don't trap 125. Period.
Lol come on guy where did I back peddle ? Go ahead I'll wait. And nice deflection on the DA of your 120 run I'm sure you'll say that has no affect on trap speed or some nonsense like that.
Chris25 is online now  
Old 12-19-2018, 03:25 PM
  #78  
Staging Lane
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 61
Default

Originally Posted by Chris25 View Post
Lol come on guy where did I back peddle ? Go ahead I'll wait. And nice deflection on the DA of your 120 run I'm sure you'll say that has no affect on trap speed or some nonsense like that.
I have no idea what the DA on the run was. I haven't run my camaro at the strip since 2013 but I do know that we aren't settings records where I am compared to ATCO or any other track.


Boryke is offline  
Old 12-19-2018, 03:27 PM
  #79  
10 Second Club
iTrader: (7)
 
HioSSilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Winchester, VA
Posts: 4,923
Default

Originally Posted by Boryke View Post
you say it's not difficult... but I'm not finding a single instance of a full weight Ls1 fbody trapping that on this site. Don't come at me with "norms" and then have 0 evidence of it.
i have evidence of my own car of which i just told you about. Darthv8r trapped 129 in like 5k da with a h/c ls1 and they've been 9s cam only. And like i said full weight don't mean ****. These cars can drop 30lb+ just from changing the exhaust. So you expect them to put that 30lb back in just to make you feel warm and fuzzy inside? Drag pak is 50-70 off the car......so what now? By full weight all i can assume is you mean not gutted. I wasn't gutted at [email protected] still a bolt on ls6. That means a stock cam and stock heads.
HioSSilver is online now  
Old 12-19-2018, 03:31 PM
  #80  
TECH Enthusiast
iTrader: (1)
 
Chris25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 643
Default

Originally Posted by Boryke View Post
I have no idea what the DA on the run was. I haven't run my camaro at the strip since 2013 but I do know that we aren't settings records where I am compared to ATCO or any other track.
And quit with this full weight nonsense show me a HCI car that doesn't have some form of weight reduction done? go ahead ill wait. Fact is most if not all cars that have HCI done have likely done some form of weight reduction along the way. So keep adding them stips...... next your going to say they had to run with a full tank of gas.
Chris25 is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: