Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Epic SRK B/S thread of 2019

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 08:48 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by HpipeFlowmasterStang
Hio,

were you always picked on your whole life?????
You mean owning do nothing bitches like you my whole life.

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Just a note, but the GenV LT engines have VCT also
I know.

We don't know the full details of the LT2 changes yet, but even if the pistons are the same, the BIG deal will be if they moved the Dual Port/Direct injection from the LT5 down to the LT2. This would be a HUGE improvement on fueling alone. The pistons are not an issue. They make drop in replacement pistons that are gram for gram the same weight as the OEMs and you can change them without even pulling the motor out of the car. No re-balance or machine work needed. Simple ball hone on the cylinders, drop in the pistons and handle 1000rwhp no issues.

Dual Injection will take care of the biggest hurdle on the LT engines. Fueling on a direct injection only motor is very expensive to upgrade. The added Port injection will change the game.

I can't see why GM would NOT move the Dual down to the LT2.. port injection alone will alleviate the achilles heel of the DI setup and keep the valves cleaner reducing potential warranty claim volume.
Hopefully it did get dual injection. But it seems the changes are minimal.

Many dealers are already guaranteeing no ADM. If you choose to buy a base model without the many available options, you CAN truly get a C8 a little over 60k(tax, tag etc)
Yea there won't be a mark up on c8s. They'll probably sale 40k vettes in 2020.

Originally Posted by Chris25

Well sheet......
Troof

Originally Posted by snake95
Good point Chris, Chevy **** has never been able to hold value as well vs Ford. One of the downsides to only making cheapo ****. It makes sense now why they gotta cut the Camaro again soon.
That's cause you idiots will pay through the nose for the thpught if being fast......for chevy guys it's always easy to have a great performance vehicle.

Those gt350s been a great value. Set on the dealer lot for a year here and they knocked $10k off sticker to get rid of it. After the initial rush of $20k+ mark up for a mid 12 sec car. Musta depressed the furd crowd knowing a 1le can give their savior car al it wants for $25k+ less and a base ss can out run it in a straight line for $30k less.
Old 07-23-2019, 09:32 AM
Banned

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
You mean owning do nothing bitches like you my whole life.

I know.

Hopefully it did get dual injection. But it seems the changes are minimal.

Yea there won't be a mark up on c8s. They'll probably sale 40k vettes in 2020.

Troof

That's cause you idiots will pay through the nose for the thpught if being fast......for chevy guys it's always easy to have a great performance vehicle.

Those gt350s been a great value. Set on the dealer lot for a year here and they knocked $10k off sticker to get rid of it. After the initial rush of $20k+ mark up for a mid 12 sec car. Musta depressed the furd crowd knowing a 1le can give their savior car al it wants for $25k+ less and a base ss can out run it in a straight line for $30k less.
So people are idiots for buying a GT350 and not a faster car with less money? You mean people dont buy the GT350 because of its great looks? Performance? Sound? Big dick factor? Shelby? Value? You know there are Civic’s out there that would DEMOLISH your car right? But would you ever buy a Civic knowing its faster and cheaper? Probably not. Dude youre a moron. Quit sucking Chevy’s *******. Go fix engine number 5 or whatever your’re on. Go watch Scotty Kilmor on youtube incase you need any help.
Old 07-23-2019, 10:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

The base Stingray isn't doing 0-60 in 2.8 seconds. The Z51 is claimed to be 2.8 and cost is likely to be above 75k. We haven't even seen a base model yet and I doubt very many will be ordered at the base price. Same tactic BMW uses then jacks the price of the options way up. Either way the C8 is still a bargain but you aren't getting the car that was at the C8 unveiling for 55k with a 2.8 0-60.

Last edited by kinglt-1; 07-23-2019 at 10:06 AM.
Old 07-23-2019, 10:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Ron said 650whp on Pony Wars (where I heard it) but north of 700whp is where they have a very nice mod, all be it, you must pull the engine but still cheap insurance none the less

VR says north of 700whp its needed (though on video he said 650whp)

They say 5 engine failures in 12 months

https://vengeanceracing.net/vengeance
racing-forged-drop-in-lt1-pistons.html

Now- installing in a C8 could be fun
That is probably accurate but All dynos read different. I would say 12psi is probably max on a LT1, 8-10 is pretty safe with proper fueling, cooling, and tuning. How its driven makes a difference as well.

Jenetty racing has a bunch of LT1's running around with their 700whp street brawler packagehttps://jannettyracing.com/products/...2018-camaro-ss .

There are few companies offering the drop in piston kit.... You do not need tp pull the engine to do the install, that is just a preference.
Old 07-23-2019, 11:14 AM
10 Second Club

So people are idiots for buying a GT350 and not a faster car with less money? You mean people dont buy the GT350 because of its great looks? Performance? Sound? Big dick factor? Shelby? Value? You know there are Civic’s out there that would DEMOLISH your car right? But would you ever buy a Civic knowing its faster and cheaper? Probably not. Dude youre a moron. Quit sucking Chevy’s *******. Go fix engine number 5 or whatever your’re on. Go watch Scotty Kilmor on youtube incase you need any help.
Ooohhhh.....so there are other reasons to buy/mod a car besides straight line performance.

I guess your dumbass should tell that to the members of your featherduster crew.

Good talk

Civics are lol
Old 07-23-2019, 11:36 AM
Banned

Ooohhhh.....so there are other reasons to buy/mod a car besides straight line performance.

I guess your dumbass should tell that to the members of your featherduster crew.

Good talk

Civics are lol
man you must be retarded after all. You DONT know anyone’s reason why they bought THEIR car. Youre to dumb to comprehend any of that because Chevy life..back to motor number 5 now...
Old 07-23-2019, 11:53 AM
9 Second Club

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
The base Stingray isn't doing 0-60 in 2.8 seconds. The Z51 is claimed to be 2.8 and cost is likely to be above 75k. We haven't even seen a base model yet and I doubt very many will be ordered at the base price. Same tactic BMW uses then jacks the price of the options way up. Either way the C8 is still a bargain but you aren't getting the car that was at the C8 unveiling for 55k with a 2.8 0-60.
Sounds like they have been sub 3 seconds already...

View this post on Instagram

"I stopped by the corvette plant while driving through KY today and was able to catch this pre production #corvette #C8. This is the 111th C8 that has been built. I’m a pretty big fan of the car in person. The driver said his best launch to 60mph, today, was 2.8 sec!"
Old 07-23-2019, 12:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

man you must be retarded after all. You DONT know anyone’s reason why they bought THEIR car. Youre to dumb to comprehend any of that because Chevy life..back to motor number 5 now...
Coupe's original 302
Coupe's termi motor (RIP)
Coupe's termi motor #2
LS1 (RIP)
LS6 (RIP)
LS7 (RIP)
Current LS6 - to be fired up

He's on motor 7 if we're keeping track, actually.
Old 07-23-2019, 12:24 PM
10 Second Club

Seems you need to inform snail0.5 about this.

Originally Posted by WisT02ws6
Sounds like they have been sub 3 seconds already...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0HPNwnB1WR/?hl=en

"I stopped by the corvette plant while driving through KY today and was able to catch this pre production #corvette #C8. This is the 111th C8 that has been built. I’m a pretty big fan of the car in person. The driver said his best launch to 60mph, today, was 2.8 sec!"
So furd had nothing to run with gm stuff before and now the gap is wider.......awesome
Coupe's original 302
Coupe's termi motor (RIP)
Coupe's termi motor #2
LS1 (RIP)
LS6 (RIP)
LS7 (RIP)
Current LS6 - to be fired up

He's on motor 7 if we're keeping track, actually.
You sound like you belong on the view saying the same dumb ****.
I had nothing to do with hurting the oe ls1. Phil bent all the valves

Ls6 had 90k hard miles. Nothing rip about it. Ran when i removed it

Ls7 unforseen issue. Nothing i did. Still runs

Rebuilt Ls6.....gonna cause you more sleepless nights than it already has.

Idk what 30p00s has to do with anything. Ive never owned one.

Nathan blew up the termi motor not me. And realistically that's the only one that actually blew up with hurting the bottom end. Crazy how ive had all those ls and the car with a weak bottom is a furd. It's been reliable since i put it back together. Unlike you being to skeered to drive your heap to sc i would jump in mine and go anywhere. I wouldn't fear 12sec cars along the way either.

All make more power than your sad max effort pos.

More proof of college not doin a damn thing since you can't even count.
Old 07-23-2019, 12:30 PM
Staging Lane

I've never seen more of a liberal response in my life "none of them were broken they just had (insert list of fucked up parts). In my heart and my mind I don't feel they were broken even though facts and logical thinking clearly shows they were."

That's called a FUKT ENGINE, rug. Idgaf if it ran with 12 bent valves, the **** was still broken. Valves weren't sealing if they were bent.

You just like to remove yourself from all accountability with these fukt engines, to hang onto any shred of credibility you have in your own mind. Facts don't care tho
Old 07-23-2019, 12:33 PM
Banned

Smh. 7th motor??? Hio you got some splaining to do...
Old 07-23-2019, 12:34 PM
Banned

I've never seen more of a liberal response in my life "none of them were broken they just had (insert list of fucked up parts). In my heart and my mind I don't feel they were broken even though facts and logical thinking clearly shows they were."

That's called a FUKT ENGINE, rug. Idgaf if it ran with 12 bent valves, the **** was still broken. Valves weren't sealing if they were bent.

You just like to remove yourself from all accountability with these fukt engines, to hang onto any shred of credibility you have in your own mind. Facts don't care tho
Unforseen life, bro......
Old 07-23-2019, 01:04 PM
10 Second Club

How so? Because you lied......if anything lies ruin your credibility. I spoke troofs.....you're a member of the view. I bet you pull one off to joy behar

Like lying that your turd went 11.8. What a ****** joke that was

We seen the troof when marc mopped dat ***.

Smh. 7th motor??? Hio you got some splaining to do...
Looks like i did....and exposed snail0.5 lies in the process
Old 07-23-2019, 01:19 PM
Staging Lane

By rug's own logic he has lost to 13 second cars poor little guy is so upset by my old setup running 11.8 that he quotes botched run ETs Yep, you mad as hell after you said it wouldn't break 13s How did that crow taste? Sorta looks like karma has paid you back for being a shitty person, taking a look at your engine history, but rug will keep the blinders on.

"It's everyone else, it's not me"
Old 07-23-2019, 01:21 PM
Teching In

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Good talk

Civics are lol
Kinda like how you were ragging on a guy for wanting to do a turbo build but you were telling him and everyone in the FI section that they are stupid because an NA LS1 can make 550whp easier than a turbo setup would?

Pot meet kettle.
Old 07-23-2019, 01:23 PM
10 Second Club

Actually i quote the only semi decent time you've claimed after avoiding the track for years. The botched run was timers that said that sloth ran a 11.8

From the looks of it running a 12.2@114 car i was spot on with 13s. It's definitely not a strong high 11sec car.....it's turd city.
Old 07-23-2019, 01:26 PM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

I’m sorry but that Jannetty Racing package for over $14000 is extremely pricey for 700whp.
Old 07-23-2019, 01:55 PM
Staging Lane

Actually i quote the only semi decent time you've claimed after avoiding the track for years. The botched run was timers that said that sloth ran a 11.8

From the looks of it running a 12.2@114 car i was spot on with 13s. It's definitely not a strong high 11sec car.....it's turd city.
So you're calling my run a timing error with a 1.69 sixty foot with 350hp after you wrote novels about how 300hp mustangs can cut 1.5s or something, but your **** had, what you claim to be 417rwhp but cut a 1.2?????

Do you enjoy getting wrecked in discussions in this section? Holy mackerel!!!!
Old 07-23-2019, 02:08 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
I’m sorry but that Jannetty Racing package for over $14000 is extremely pricey for 700whp.
I don't think you need that $14000 for 700whp. But they'll certainly sell it to ya.

So you're calling my run a timing error with a 1.69 sixty foot with 350hp after you wrote novels about how 300hp mustangs can cut 1.5s or something, but your **** had, what you claim to be 417rwhp but cut a 1.2?????

Do you enjoy getting wrecked in discussions in this section? Holy mackerel!!!!
A 1.69 60' doesn't mean you ran 11.8. It means you had a 1.69 60ft..... duh

Yea....i made much more power than you. So i should be able to 60 better. Especially considering you said that your runs was botched. Thanks for proving the 1.2.....not that it needed to be.

You're ******* dumb enough you wreck yourself. It's ****** hilarious to watch.
Old 07-23-2019, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

https://www.powernationtv.com/post/f...conomy-ratings

Quick Reply: Epic SRK B/S thread of 2019