Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Epic SRK B/S thread of 2019

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2021, 04:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by NW-99SS
I can't believe I don't base my childish ego on requiring lockers to drive through snow, even after having owned trucks with lockers. It's almost like I'm not a complete idiot run on uncontrollable emotions - weird.
I can't believe your throwing up limp wristed comments to defend your stance on awd's?
You can't be serious?
The following users liked this post:
HioSSilver (01-27-2021)
Old 01-26-2021, 04:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Me: "I didnt like my goodyears on wet roads"

Hio:" BET YOUVE NEVER TRIED CROSSING A RIVERR BEFORE"
islander033 (01-26-2021)
Old 01-26-2021, 04:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Christopher Mcarthur
crazy how you literally get way more snow than hio and he wants to argue with you 😆
Those of us who actually 4 wheel go looking for the nasty stuff.
Don't matter where you live, whether it be canada or arizona.
So if your throwin out your hairy chest because you gotta back out of your driveway in a foot of snow I am hardly going to stand in awe.
But thats ok. Stay in your driveway.
It saves me the trouble of havin to get my yank strap wet and dirty.
Old 01-26-2021, 04:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dannyz
So if your throwin out your hairy chest because you gotta back out of your driveway in a foot of snow I am hardly going to stand in awe.

I go look for rocks and mud. Im not driving far enough to find "30+ inches of snow".
Old 01-26-2021, 05:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AnnivSS
I go look for rocks and mud. Im not driving far enough to find "30+ inches of snow".
Then you ain't wheelin an awd if your really into rocks and mud
HioSSilver (01-27-2021)
Old 01-26-2021, 06:58 PM
Teching In

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

the topic was about snow... so I stayed with that but make no mistake I know about off roading myself as I grew up doing that with 4wheelers and trucks. I'm just talking about the topic of snow.
Old 01-27-2021, 04:25 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

I can't believe your throwing up limp wristed comments to defend your stance on awd's?
You can't be serious?
Oh they're serious alright

Me: "I didnt like my goodyears on wet roads"

Hio:" BET YOUVE NEVER TRIED CROSSING A RIVERR BEFORE"
Annidumbass: I drove in 8" of snow once in a evo so i know wtf I'm talkin bout

Hio: stfu you dumbass. You don't know **** about ****

i didn't go looking for 30+" of snow either. It found me. It's found this area quite a few times in my life. 15" just found me before Christmas.

And i can tell you these newer awd suv cheesey pos with their low profile tires and taunt suspension ain't worth a **** in snow. Anyone with 1/3 of a brain knows that don't work in low traction situations. Luckily they plow roads for people like you.

Originally Posted by Christopher Mcarthur
the topic was about snow... so I stayed with that but make no mistake I know about off roading myself as I grew up doing that with 4wheelers and trucks. I'm just talking about the topic of snow.
it all needs traction dumbass.

There's things you can do with a full locked 4x4 that simply don't work with awd. Maybe nw wife can tell you about that because nw sure as **** don't know.
Old 01-27-2021, 08:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 171 Likes on 119 Posts

The average person never drives in deep snow, even in Canada. So full locker lumbar wagons ride like **** and won't serve our family requirements.

We are talking about driving on roads, and yes, we just got 10+" of heavy snow, even accumulated on our road. But the highways were cleared multiple times during the snowfall so they got next to zero accumulations. To have a vehicle that can handle dry pavement, wet, snow, ice etc, and haul the family around - AWD is the answer.

Our GL had no trouble with the 10" on our side road. Next day, plow had it cleared.

FTR, I've driven plenty of full locking 4x4s on the farm in the snow - totally different application, and single purpose type vehicle - good in mud and deep snow, otherwise not fun to live with daily.
Quoted for relevance, because the reading comprehension of 2 specific posters here is below the level of my 2 year old daughter. I literally have already said what your pathetic ego is making up a fake argument to say...but here you are again, screaming for any attention you can get, like the sad little simpletons you both are.

I'm still laughing that you think my *****, or my ego has anything to do with my wife's SUV. little court jester just keeps believing his opinion matters.

False Assumption Counter now at 7.
Old 01-27-2021, 08:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Then you ain't wheelin an awd if your really into rocks and mud

Closest state with a decent accumulation of snowfall is 8-10 hours away. All Texas is is rocks and mud. Sorry I dont offroad to your liking.
Old 01-27-2021, 08:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Quoted for relevance, because the reading comprehension of 2 specific posters here is below the level of my 2 year old daughter. I literally have already said what your pathetic ego is making up a fake argument to say...but here you are again, screaming for any attention you can get, like the sad little simpletons you both are.

I'm still laughing that you think my *****, or my ego has anything to do with my wife's SUV. little court jester just keeps believing his opinion matters.

False Assumption Counter now at 7.
More like quoted for back pedaling.

You looking dumb is at number 25.

You've never driven a full locked 4x4.....there is no doubt about that. You like soccer mom **** and driving on plowed roads. You need a vehicle with "snow mode"🤣 . And that's ok but no comparison .

Closest state with a decent accumulation of snowfall is 8-10 hours away. All Texas is is rocks and mud. Sorry I dont offroad to your liking.

But yet you chimed in with no ******* experience in anything on the topic......weird.
Old 01-27-2021, 09:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

If we are talking off-road snow then yes a locked four wheel drive would be the better choice. However if we are talking snow on pavement then a auto 4wd would be the answer. Ever make a turn in a vehicle and the Detroit locks gets a little hairy. Can it be done?yes but requires more thought and skill ie. coast through turns.
Old 01-28-2021, 01:42 AM
Teching In

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Oh they're serious alright

Annidumbass: I drove in 8" of snow once in a evo so i know wtf I'm talkin bout

Hio: stfu you dumbass. You don't know **** about ****

i didn't go looking for 30+" of snow either. It found me. It's found this area quite a few times in my life. 15" just found me before Christmas.

And i can tell you these newer awd suv cheesey pos with their low profile tires and taunt suspension ain't worth a **** in snow. Anyone with 1/3 of a brain knows that don't work in low traction situations. Luckily they plow roads for people like you.

it all needs traction dumbass.

There's things you can do with a full locked 4x4 that simply don't work with awd. Maybe nw wife can tell you about that because nw sure as **** don't know.
awd has plenty of traction 😆
NW-99SS (01-28-2021)
Old 01-28-2021, 05:45 AM
Banned

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Now some hooooooow Cryho became an expert in AWD systems. First hes an expert in the LS motor design. Expert in cutting 400lbs off a catfish by punching about 5,000 holes into the body and removing the magnets off his front speakers tweeters. An expert in hitting 11 seconds when the timers were bad. An expert in talking trash on youtube when Mustangs are on in the video... you know Cryho... surprised GM or other top manufacturers havent hired you yet for your expertism.
The following 2 users liked this post by HpipeFlowmasterStang:
islander033 (01-28-2021), NW-99SS (01-28-2021)
Old 01-28-2021, 07:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

More like quoted for back pedaling.

You looking dumb is at number 25.

You've never driven a full locked 4x4.....there is no doubt about that. You like soccer mom **** and driving on plowed roads. You need a vehicle with "snow mode"🤣 . And that's ok but no comparison .

But yet you chimed in with no ******* experience in anything on the topic......weird.

We were talking about driving in snow.

I have driven in snow.

We were talking about AWD's and full locked 4wd's in snow.

I have driven both in snow.

Sorry that there werent any ******* qualifications or parameters on what qualifies as "snow".

The following 3 users liked this post by AnnivSS:
Christopher Mcarthur (01-29-2021), islander033 (01-28-2021), NW-99SS (01-28-2021)
Old 01-28-2021, 08:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

loved mine as a daily.
I'm not the one who claimed they needed lockers to daily drive in the snow like a little cry baby jester...^^

I AM the one who said they work great as a single purpose mud or deep snow application, and that is all.

Sorry your ego is so fragile that my wife's SUV causes you to make repeated posts on a forum where everyone laughs are your ignorance.

False Assumption counter now at 8.
The following 2 users liked this post by NW-99SS:
AnnivSS (01-28-2021), islander033 (01-28-2021)
Old 01-28-2021, 09:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

On a lighter note. I just the quote for my roll cage, I grossly underestimated. $3550. And thats with me removing the interior and he'll have the car for 5 weeks. 8.50 cert 10 pt chrome moly.
Old 01-28-2021, 10:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

On a lighter note. I just the quote for my roll cage, I grossly underestimated. $3550. And thats with me removing the interior and he'll have the car for 5 weeks. 8.50 cert 10 pt chrome moly.
Hopefully the quality matches the price tag. If I ever go this route, I have a good friend who spent a lot of time building top alcohol rail chassis. He trained the current NHRA Chassis Cert tech. It's funny that he is less than 5 miles from my house in the middle of nowhere Alberta. They (him and his son) are currently in the process of building a wild 56 Apache.
AnnivSS (01-28-2021)
Old 01-28-2021, 10:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

The real question is, which is better: AWD w/ bolt-ons or Locked 4WD w/ boost?
NW-99SS (01-28-2021)
Old 01-28-2021, 11:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hopefully the quality matches the price tag. If I ever go this route, I have a good friend who spent a lot of time building top alcohol rail chassis. He trained the current NHRA Chassis Cert tech. It's funny that he is less than 5 miles from my house in the middle of nowhere Alberta. They (him and his son) are currently in the process of building a wild 56 Apache.

I can order the midwest chassis cage for $1350 and pay him $950 for install. I might go that route.

https://midwestchassis.com/products/...-cage-chromoly

I'm not real sure how his custom cage can be almost twice the value, but I def have some more research to do.
NW-99SS (01-28-2021)
Old 01-28-2021, 11:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zz4camaro1980
The real question is, which is better: AWD w/ bolt-ons or Locked 4WD w/ boost?

Everything is better with boost. Everything. (Im sure Hio will have some dumbass counter point and reason why my opinion is wrong.)

Quick Reply: Epic SRK B/S thread of 2019