Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Epic SRK B/S thread of 2019

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2019, 11:38 AM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

What do you think it's for? Yes.. BS!

It would be great to go over your car duhg. Maybe take some panels off to see. We all know you like to down play your car.
Old 06-14-2019, 11:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 434 Likes on 341 Posts

Yea man....the pic really downplays it

How come no one talks about the holes in the fox chassis?

I bet when you guys fly you whine to the pilot about the weight reduction techniques in the plane.
Old 06-14-2019, 11:46 AM
11 Second Club

Well. I can say you would have lost a bet. Lol.
Old 06-14-2019, 11:49 AM
10 Second Club

So you only whine on here cause you don't have the ***** to do it in person........figures

What panels do you want to have a peek behind soslo?
Old 06-14-2019, 11:49 AM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver

I bet when you guys fly you whine to the pilot about the weight reduction techniques in the plane.
No offense man but if they started drilling holes in the plane id be doing a little more than whining ya know.................
Old 06-14-2019, 11:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

No it's not. Ive always said it's a fully optioned car......and I've always said it has weight reduction also. The misleading part is when you/others say it's gutted or swiss cheese. That would interpret as the car is full of holes and gutted would it not? That would be misleading.

I bet you call up the street outlaw guys and whine to them about their holes and weight reduction to don't ya
I said swiss cheese, you posted a picture showing a part you cut holes in... I fail to see how that is misleading at all.

You see jay.....it didn't take long to get the same redundant bs from the other bs thread in this bs thread
Lol, go ahead and play the victim. I made one post and you respond by calling me clueless, stupid and lazy instead of actually addressing the topic at hand. Whatever, this is the BS thread.
Old 06-14-2019, 11:55 AM
On The Tree

Sorry for the double post, I missed this one.

I worked in the Aerospace industry for 8 years, they don't build a plane then drill holes in it. Countless hours go into the design before being built, then countless hours go into testing that design before anything will ever make it on wing. Just a slight difference than a backyard mechanic taking a hole saw to structural components of a vehicle.
Old 06-14-2019, 11:57 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Chris25
No offense man but if they started drilling holes in the plane id be doing a little more than whining ya know.................
Planes are absolutely full of holes and lots of weight reduction.

Originally Posted by zz4camaro1980
I said swiss cheese, you posted a picture showing a part you cut holes in... I fail to see how that is misleading at all.

Lol, go ahead and play the victim. I made one post and you respond by calling me clueless, stupid and lazy instead of actually addressing the topic at hand. Whatever, this is the BS thread.
I splained how it was misleading. Are you dumb?

Actually i asked you which one of those you were then made a final determination for myself.

Yes this is the bs thread with the same redundant crap as the other bs thread coming from the same morons.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:03 PM
10 Second Club

Sorry for the double post, I missed this one.

I worked in the Aerospace industry for 8 years, they don't build a plane then drill holes in it. Countless hours go into the design before being built, then countless hours go into testing that design before anything will ever make it on wing. Just a slight difference than a backyard mechanic taking a hole saw to structural components of a vehicle.
So planes are swiss cheese right.

I mean here's the comparison. A sustained 600 mph chunk of aluminum full of holes in the actual structure of the chassis of the plane flying at 30k ft vs some holes in brackets on the ground running to 130 mph for seconds with no holes in the actual chassis.

But it seems now you are saying no cars should be modified because that6not how the engineer designed them......and that engineers never make mistakes.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:11 PM
On The Tree

Actually i asked you which one of those you were then made a final determination for myself.

Yes this is the bs thread with the same redundant crap as the other bs thread coming from the same morons.
See my previous post... planes do NOT have weight reduction, they are designed that way.

Lol, just like everyone else in this section has made the determination you have the mental capacity of a 12yo, incapable of having an actual discussion and just starts slinging insults when proven wrong.

Edit: to respond to the above post.

The planes I worked on went a LOT faster than 600mph.

K-Member is not part of the chassis?
Old 06-14-2019, 12:22 PM
10 Second Club

So weight reduction is built in.....same difference. The remove material to make it lighter. The car companies can and have did the same in certain areas. Are you to stupid to copy those techniques?

My k member has no holes. But i guess you think all these after market k members were made to meet the same standards are higher than a oe k member eeehhh......they went through the crash tests to certify their safety right

I only used 600mph because most passenger planes fly around that. Seems pretty fast. I bet the fastest planes has even more attention paid to weight reduction/alternative materials.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:34 PM
Teching In

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

You're the one that acted like you have big power. I don't even know what your dumbass was asking for. L99 cars can run 10s easy with the right boost set up on the stock motor/trans.

And here you are gutting to run low 12s.......you have no clue.

Here's the vid fo dat. Except 417whp

https://youtu.be/_VzZ88XRLYE

You're buddy zoolander needs 900+whp and 2 power adders to run 10s.

You clearly don't understand how acceleration works. Maybe that's what your cammed/stalled/geared/fbo car can't leave tge 12s......neither of them

You're by far the biggest idiot in here I've never said or acted like my car is fast, in fact it's just the opposite
Old 06-14-2019, 12:37 PM
On The Tree

So weight reduction is built in.....same difference. The remove material to make it lighter. The car companies can and have did the same in certain areas. Are you to stupid to copy those techniques?

My k member has no holes. But i guess you think all these after market k members were made to meet the same standards are higher than a oe k member eeehhh......they went through the crash tests to certify their safety right

I only used 600mph because most passenger planes fly around that. Seems pretty fast. I bet the fastest planes has even more attention paid to weight reduction/alternative materials.
Are you really trying to compare multi-million dollar airplanes with billions in R&D to your swiss cheese Camaro because they both have holes in them!? And you call me stupid...
Old 06-14-2019, 12:44 PM
11 Second Club

So you only whine on here cause you don't have the ***** to do it in person........figures

What panels do you want to have a peek behind soslo?
Take a chill pill man. Anyone here wants to meet in person I'm game. I've met numerous people from here. All good & I call friends. Yes, I would meet you too duhg. If you weren't over 1k miles away.

PS. It's funny you say I whine on here & your post count for this thread is #1 by a good margin. Lol.
Old 06-14-2019, 01:01 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2010CamaroS
You're by far the biggest idiot in here I've never said or acted like my car is fast, in fact it's just the opposite
You acted like you wanted some kinda comparison. Johns cam only tt 5gen went 9.5@150ish.

Are you really trying to compare multi-million dollar airplanes with billions in R&D to your swiss cheese Camaro because they both have holes in them!? And you call me stupid...
Yup.....i guess you think no one else can do r&d.

How bout answering those questions. I'm sure snail will have muh back on that

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
Take a chill pill man. Anyone here wants to meet in person I'm game. I've met numerous people from here. All good & I call friends. Yes, I would meet you too duhg. If you weren't over 1k miles away.

PS. It's funny you say I whine on here & your post count for this thread is #1 by a good margin. Lol.
Just correcting the false info.

I would meat you to soslo.
Old 06-14-2019, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
Just for the fox platform or old 5.0. My buddie, back in the day, did a H/C/I & a Vortech blower. It wasn't the block that failed. He ended up splitting the crank into two pieces.

Wow. Crank is pretty good as was 87-92 pistons. I cracked my block but didn't blow the head gaskets. My old F cam is to this day in a turbo fox...
Old 06-14-2019, 01:28 PM
On The Tree

No.

So planes are swiss cheese right.

I mean here's the comparison. A sustained 600 mph chunk of aluminum full of holes in the actual structure of the chassis of the plane flying at 30k ft vs some holes in brackets on the ground running to 130 mph for seconds with no holes in the actual chassis.

But it seems now you are saying no cars should be modified because that6not how the engineer designed them......and that engineers never make mistakes.
You can call them that if you want. Highly engineered swiss cheese though.

I used to do the finite element analysis on the very parts we're talking about using ANSYS.

You acted like you wanted some kinda comparison. Johns cam only tt 5gen went 9.5@150ish.

Yup.....i guess you think no one else can do r&d.

How bout answering those questions. I'm sure snail will have muh back on that

Just correcting the false info.

I would meat you to soslo.
There you go, I answered your questions. Let me know if I missed one.

Aerospace R&D = Hundreds of hours of design and structural analysis to get a part built, then hundreds of hours of testing that part for these aircraft.

What do you do for R&D?
Old 06-14-2019, 01:36 PM
Banned

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Hio is definitely the person you wouldnt take your car at to get fixed.
Old 06-14-2019, 01:45 PM
10 Second Club

No.

You can call them that if you want. Highly engineered swiss cheese though.

I used to do the finite element analysis on the very parts we're talking about using ANSYS.

There you go, I answered your questions. Let me know if I missed one.

Aerospace R&D = Hundreds of hours of design and structural analysis to get a part built, then hundreds of hours of testing that part for these aircraft.

What do you do for R&D?
How much r&d does a steel bracket that holds a abs motor need?

Btw i have did lots of r&d with about 20yrs of racing full time. Funny part is alot of fasteners and techniques are used from planes to race cars.

The fact that you're whining over a insignificant none structural part shows what a idiot you are. You never even replied about all the engineering and testing that goes into aftermarket k members. Your a joke and I'm sure the job you performed was too......or you wouldn't have ignored that.

What about the bracket hold the evaporator? I bet it's dangerous too.....especially since its gone. Like i said.....so busy looking for holes you miss the obvious.

Originally Posted by HpipeFlowmasterStang
Hio is definitely the person you wouldnt take your car at to get fixed.
You couldn't afford me anyway
Old 06-14-2019, 01:58 PM
On The Tree

How much r&d does a steel bracket that holds a abs motor need?

Btw i have did lots of r&d with about 20yrs of racing full time. Funny part is alot of fasteners and techniques are used from planes to race cars.

The fact that you're whining over a insignificant none structural part shows what a idiot you are. You never even replied about all the engineering and testing that goes into aftermarket k members. Your a joke and I'm sure the job you performed was too......or you wouldn't have ignored that.

You couldn't afford me anyway
What kind of R&D, any computer structural analysis, actual part testing in a lab setting before the parts ever made and/or installed on a car?

Show me where I was whining, you're the one throwing a mini-man fit over me calling your car swiss cheese (and then your proving me right with your own picture). It's ok to admit you were wrong, adults do it all the time.

Show me where I said or even mentioned aftermarket k-members. You brought that up to deflect from the discussion at hand. I'm not going to research it now, but Ill be glad to admit if I'm wrong- I believe the aftermarket k-members are sold as "off-road only". At the very least they don't make any claims about crash worthiness.

Edit: And, are you saying that when you took a hole saw to your stock k-member (even if it isnt in the car anymore), you did just as much R&D as UMI or BMR does on their k-members? You have gone from throwing a fit about how your car isnt swiss cheese to trying to justify the fact that it is swiss cheese. Bravo.

Last edited by zz4camaro1980; 06-14-2019 at 02:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Epic SRK B/S thread of 2019