Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

ALL S.R.T-4 guys and ls1techers INSIDE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 11:29 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Chubz, how did you miss this link I posted? I found this window sticker on Dodge.com:

https://ls1tech.com/neonsrt4.gif

Its right there in black & white, "NEON".
Thats not a Factory sticker, thats a dealer sticker. We all know better than to believe what a dealer says, right?
Old 07-28-2004, 11:39 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by cantdrv65
If the POS-4 isnt 85% or better neon parts, tell me why would they base it on a neon of all things. Think about it. The neon is the equivalent of a Chev cavalier. The POS-4 is basically a Cav Z24. Granted its much faster....Its still a econocar with a more powerful engine.
Its actually funny that you are comparing the S.R.T.4 to the cavalier. I have first hand experience since my last car was a 96 Z24.

The Neon SXT would be a better comparison. Has the better trim package, better interior and a little beefier engine, like the z24.

When I sit back and think about this argument it seems really stupid. The car is a Neon, looks like a neon and uses a lot of neon parts, but Dodge doesn't call it a neon. It doesn't have a neon plate anywhere on the car.

I think what it boils down to is technicalities and marketing. Take for instance the Cadilac Escilade that is nothing more than what a Chevy Suburban (or Yukon, can't remember) but its not. Obviously they poured more money into it for luxury.

I doubt anyone that bought an Escailade would call there truck a Suburban, they didn't pay all that money to call it a Suburban. After all Cadilac doesn't call it a suburban.

I guess my point is its funny that when other manufacturers rebadge, no one blinks an eye, but when it comes to the S.R.T.4 all people can do is try and force down the idea thats its "Just a Neon". I don't know if that makes people sleep better a night or what.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:47 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by apathy
I did a quick search and...

That's from the 500hp NeonNeonNeon owner. Wow.
I am not sure which guy that is. There are a few that are in the 500 club. The ones that are on the boards most of the time like to joke around, they are not dumb enough to try and race a cop.

Most of the guys like to bullshit, so I think maybe part of the problem is people come to our board thinking we are dead serious and that gets us in trouble (if they actually cared). I'm not going to defend them, some of the guys are morons.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:13 PM
Ls1tech Bad Ass

Originally Posted by blkZ28spt
A lot of the guys with a NeonNeonNeon NeonNeonNeon-4 try to tell us that they don't drive a NeonNeonNeon. They claim that the NeonNeonNeon-4 is not a trim level of a NeonNeonNeon (such as a Z28, SS, T/A, WS6, GT, Cobra, etc etc) but that the NeonNeonNeon-4 is it's own stand alone car it just happens to be build on a NeonNeonNeon chassis One tried to say the WS6 is just a hood and suspension away from a regular Firebird

NeonNeonNeon-4

This is hilariously awsome! NeonNeonNeon-4
alright.... now it allll makes sense. lol.. thanks.
Old 07-28-2004, 05:02 PM
Staging Lane

i dont know why anyone should be frustrated, i saw one of these neons the other day, and do i dare say, walk by as if i was racing an integra with an 85 pound vietnamese kid behind the wheel. they're whack, they have no pull, and they think they can hang with the ls1. i cant wait to **** on a 04 cobra
Old 07-28-2004, 05:21 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by micd983
i dont know why anyone should be frustrated, i saw one of these neons the other day, and do i dare say, walk by as if i was racing an integra with an 85 pound vietnamese kid behind the wheel. they're whack, they have no pull, and they think they can hang with the ls1. i cant wait to **** on a 04 cobra
You know what they say "Opinions are like ********, everyone has one and they all stink".

You give your buds a bad name.

So what if a 20k Economy car cant beat an LS1 Stock for stock. I would hope for the LS1 owners sake that they never loose, stock for stock.

How you feel about the cars looks and what not are all subjective. You do have to face facts and reality.

The S.R.T4 is the best bang for your buck right now. Fastest production FWD car on the road right now and a following that would make Malcom X blush. Nothing can touch this car in its class. When the Cobalt SS comes out we will have a little competition but at 205hp 200trq the Cobalt and the ION redline fall short. Lastly, do you judge a person by their looks all the time? How did you look as a young adult? Thats pretty weak to pick on a person because he fits in a stereo type.

Last edited by Chubz; 07-28-2004 at 05:28 PM.
Old 07-28-2004, 06:13 PM
TECH Addict

"Neons are Barbie cars: little and cute and rounded in the hips. Even in back, they are feminine and adorable, only just a bit tougher, like Tattoo Barbie."

Cobalt SS is about the same....
Old 07-28-2004, 06:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ActionJack
"Neons are Barbie cars: little and cute and rounded in the hips. Even in back, they are feminine and adorable, only just a bit tougher, like Tattoo Barbie."

Cobalt SS is about the same....
Its those types of comments that make u guys look like dicks.

Ignorance is bliss I guess.
Old 07-28-2004, 06:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chubz
Its actually funny that you are comparing the S.R.T.4 to the cavalier. I have first hand experience since my last car was a 96 Z24.

The Neon SXT would be a better comparison. Has the better trim package, better interior and a little beefier engine, like the z24.

When I sit back and think about this argument it seems really stupid. The car is a Neon, looks like a neon and uses a lot of neon parts, but Dodge doesn't call it a neon. It doesn't have a neon plate anywhere on the car.

I think what it boils down to is technicalities and marketing. Take for instance the Cadilac Escilade that is nothing more than what a Chevy Suburban (or Yukon, can't remember) but its not. Obviously they poured more money into it for luxury.

I doubt anyone that bought an Escailade would call there truck a Suburban, they didn't pay all that money to call it a Suburban. After all Cadilac doesn't call it a suburban.

I guess my point is its funny that when other manufacturers rebadge, no one blinks an eye, but when it comes to the S.R.T.4 all people can do is try and force down the idea thats its "Just a Neon". I don't know if that makes people sleep better a night or what.
Well, not a good comparison. The difference here is... I don't call my camaro a firebird. Cadilac do not make a Suburban. This goes back to the arguement "Talon/Eagle, 3000GT/Stealth" and so on...

I will agree with you that it is all marketing, but in the end... it is a trim model of the Neon. Albeit a very fast one!!!
Old 07-28-2004, 06:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Damn, I wanna try! NeonNeonNeon-4 NeonNeonNeon-4 NeonNeonNeon-4 ... damn, I guess it is a neon!

Thanks cheatin' chad for pointing that out. I also agree with you that there are TONS of little bullshit parts that are shared with the base neon and the NeonNeonNeon-4 ( )... hell, even my dad's porsche 924S had a few things in common with my VW, such as the fuse for the blinker. Why is that? because, as you said, it would be way too damn expensive to make a completely different car, save the chassis... There are going to be tons of parts in common.
Old 07-28-2004, 06:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MillaTK
Damn, I wanna try! NeonNeonNeon-4 NeonNeonNeon-4 NeonNeonNeon-4 ... damn, I guess it is a neon!

Thanks cheatin' chad for pointing that out. I also agree with you that there are TONS of little bullshit parts that are shared with the base neon and the NeonNeonNeon-4 ( )... hell, even my dad's porsche 924S had a few things in common with my VW, such as the fuse for the blinker. Why is that? because, as you said, it would be way too damn expensive to make a completely different car, save the chassis... There are going to be tons of parts in common.
Yup I totally agree. Happens with almost every car out there. It's just funny that people have to force the idea that the S.R.T4 is using Neon parts so it must be a neon. It's also using Sebring parts and PT cruiser parts.

The horse is dead...lets burry him.
Old 07-28-2004, 06:43 PM
TECH Addict

Its those types of comments that make u guys look like dicks.

Ignorance is bliss I guess.
Back the "look like dicks" wagon up.

I just quoted from a top 5 chicks car ad

http://www.cartalk.com/content/featu...ars/chick.html

But the Cobalt SS was all me.

Besides a "S R T -4" is not a Neon... Right?
Old 07-28-2004, 06:50 PM
Launching!

I love the chicks car line. You know what vehicle I see driven by females the most........................................ the CORVETTE!!!! The GT mustang would have to be a close second.
Old 07-28-2004, 06:58 PM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by slow4dr
I love the chicks car line. You know what vehicle I see driven by females the most........................................ the CORVETTE!!!! The GT mustang would have to be a close second.
chicks in corvettes? where? i can't think of the last c5 i saw that wasn't a guy older than 35. i've seen just about everybody in old c4s though.

i see tons and tons of chicks in v6 mustangs. most GTs i see are guys. there was this 5.0 foxbody on the way home today with a chick driving. altezza lights (ugh), saleen wing (sokay), couple other things. HORRIBLE exhaust note. sounded like the car was dieing slowly. no cats (mmmmm exhaust smell. reminds me of the strip). backfired at least 6 times when i was within hearing distance. i got away from it before it blew up and took me with it.
Old 07-28-2004, 06:58 PM
Staging Lane

Hahaha. I was trying to be nice. Corvettes, Mustangs and Transams are filled with chicks down in socal. But I know that its only one small part of the country so I try not to be judgemental.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:05 PM
TECH Addict

I have to agree with 'slow4dr' on the vette thing. In my area most vettes have a chick behind the wheel. But I am sure it is different elsewhere.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Yup I totally agree. Happens with almost every car out there. It's just funny that people have to force the idea that the S.R.T4 is using Neon parts so it must be a neon. It's also using Sebring parts and PT cruiser parts.

The horse is dead...lets burry him.
well, I still think that the S.R.T-4 is a neon... I guess my post kinda didnt go along with that... oops... but yeah, if you dont wanna call it a neon, the dont. I dont care. I will always think of it as a neon, as that is what it basically is(though on steroids). I still think that it is a cool little car, even though a lot of little **** drive them and give other owners a bad rap.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:09 PM
Launching!

I am always disappointed when I pull up next to a performance vehicle and there is a female driving.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:47 PM
Staging Lane

I am always disappointed when I pull up next to a performance vehicle and there is a female driving.
Unless shes HOT!
Old 07-28-2004, 09:02 PM
Ls1tech Bad Ass

ahh no good man. there are females with performance cars who know what they're dealing with and have an appreciation for performance vehicles in general. maybe not many, but dont assume that the barbie behind the wheel of an LS1 (or any other performance car for that matter) just drives the car because daddy bought it. i know girls who have worked hard for their performance cars and who work hard on them.