Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

ALL S.R.T-4 guys and ls1techers INSIDE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 09:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SSTAR
ahh no good man. there are females with performance cars who know what they're dealing with and have an appreciation for performance vehicles in general. maybe not many, but dont assume that the barbie behind the wheel of an LS1 (or any other performance car for that matter) just drives the car because daddy bought it. i know girls who have worked hard for their performance cars and who work hard on them.

You go girl!

You are a chick arent ya?
Old 07-28-2004, 10:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to the track tonight, there was a couple with a 98 Z28 (only 8k miles) and a two month old S.R.T.4. The quickest/fastest they managed with the NeonNeonNeon-4 was a 15.5@95. The Z28 (stock save for Magnaflow) ran a best of 13.8. Ahahahaha, I was so unimpressed it wasn't even funny.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by blkZ28spt
I went to the track tonight, there was a couple with a 98 Z28 (only 8k miles) and a two month old S.R.T.4. The quickest/fastest they managed with the NeonNeonNeon-4 was a 15.5@95. The Z28 (stock save for Magnaflow) ran a best of 13.8. Ahahahaha, I was so unimpressed it wasn't even funny.
The Driver of the S.R.T4 sucked ***. You can pull a easy 14sec 1/4 mile shifting with ur left hand.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:47 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Chubz
The Driver of the S.R.T4 sucked ***. You can pull a easy 14sec 1/4 mile shifting with ur left hand.
Yes they did suck at launching it, but geez that was the best they rean more 16's than 15's and 95 mph was the BEST trap.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:49 PM
TECH Addict

Yes they did suck at launching it, but geez that was the best they rean more 16's than 15's and 95 mph was the BEST trap.
Maybe they have used their left hand

LMAO
Old 07-28-2004, 10:52 PM
Staging Lane

Thst is down right horrible
Old 07-28-2004, 10:58 PM
Banned

my s r t-4 runs 15's.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:05 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mmmyfault
my NeonNeonNeon4 runs 15's.
I'm sure it does...right back to your Neon board.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SSTAR
ahh no good man. there are females with performance cars who know what they're dealing with and have an appreciation for performance vehicles in general. maybe not many, but dont assume that the barbie behind the wheel of an LS1 (or any other performance car for that matter) just drives the car because daddy bought it. i know girls who have worked hard for their performance cars and who work hard on them.

I meant no disrespect. It is just that when I try to get them to play they usually think I am flirting and dont race.

Unless shes HOT!
Personally, I am very happily married so I am just after a good race.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:02 AM
Ls1tech Bad Ass

Originally Posted by ActionJack
You go girl!

You are a chick arent ya?
lol yesss im a girl. and slow4dr, its all good.... sorry you cant get any girls to race ya. lol
Old 07-29-2004, 09:52 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Thats not a Factory sticker, thats a dealer sticker. We all know better than to believe what a dealer says, right?
I'd trust a dealer window sticker found on DODGE.com over a Neon owner in denial that his car isn't a Neon.

When I sit back and think about this argument it seems really stupid. The car is a Neon, looks like a neon and uses a lot of neon parts, but Dodge doesn't call it a neon. It doesn't have a neon plate anywhere on the car.

I think what it boils down to is technicalities and marketing. Take for instance the Cadilac Escilade that is nothing more than what a Chevy Suburban (or Yukon, can't remember) but its not. Obviously they poured more money into it for luxury.

I doubt anyone that bought an Escailade would call there truck a Suburban, they didn't pay all that money to call it a Suburban. After all Cadilac doesn't call it a suburban.

I guess my point is its funny that when other manufacturers rebadge, no one blinks an eye, but when it comes to the S.R.T.4 all people can do is try and force down the idea thats its "Just a Neon". I don't know if that makes people sleep better a night or what.
I really thought you were coming around until I read that response. Your comparisons are not even close. Let me *try* and explain things for you in more detail.

S.RT4 is sold by Dodge. Its not a Chyrsler, its a Dodge. Its built using the Neon platform. Visually, its a Neon with a wing and wheels. There is no mistaking it for anything but a Neon. Its an upgraded performance Neon. Just because it does not say "Neon" on the car in badge form, that doesn't make it not a Neon. I've given you two good examples of this already.

Trans Am is a Pontiac. Its not a Chevy. Its built using the Firebird platform. Different engine, different tranny, different wheels, different seats, different wing, different ground effects, different front and rear bumper covers, etc etc... Its just as different from (if not more) a Firebird than your S.RT is from a neon. It doesn't say "Firebird" anywhere on the car. But, it is a Firebird. Its an upgraded performance Firebird. You will never hear a Trans Am owner deny it is a Firebird.

As for Yukons, Escalades, Suburbans. Those are the same chassis, but have different body panels. You can't put an Escalade hood on a suburban, or a Yukon grille on a Escalade. They are sold by different brands. They are not "rebadges", they are models. The S.RT is a vehicle sold by the same company as the Neon, and is an upgraded Neon. Now, if Chyrsler were to sell the S.RT seperately, it wouldn't be a Neon. It would be from a different brand. A better example would be the Denali vs Yukon. Both are GMC, both are Yukons. Yukon "denali" is what it is called. Its an upper level Yukon.

I really can't see why this is so hard to understand. Seems ONLY the S.RT guys can't understand this. NOBODY in the history of automobiles on the net has ever been in denial about what their vehicle is.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:06 AM
TECH Regular

Additionally, the S.RT (and R/T) trim levels are dodge specific. To claim that an S.RT-4 isn't a Neon would be the same as claiming that an S.RT Ram isn't a Ram, and an R/T Stratus isn't a Stratus.

FURTHERMORE, it would be the same as claiming any of the Z vehicles in Chevy's line up (Z24, Z26, Z28, Z71) all are standalone vehicles, and in no way associated with the vehicle that they are (obviously) based off of.

No badging? I had an Eagle Talon for my first vehicle, and no where on the car did it say Talon. It had an Eagle symbol on the front, and that was it. Interestingly enough, I was not in denial that it was a Talon. I'm going to step out on a limb here and say that's probably due to me not being a complete fucktard.

It's probably the most ridiculous argument I've ever heard. I'm sorry the S.RT boys are so embarrassed to be driving a neon...but if it's that bad, maybe you should have bought something else. If you are happy with it, be happy with it. The rest of us don't care.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:22 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
I'd trust a dealer window sticker found on DODGE.com over a Neon owner in denial that his car isn't a Neon.

I really thought you were coming around until I read that response. Your comparisons are not even close. Let me *try* and explain things for you in more detail.

S.RT4 is sold by Dodge. Its not a Chyrsler, its a Dodge. Its built using the Neon platform. Visually, its a Neon with a wing and wheels. There is no mistaking it for anything but a Neon. Its an upgraded performance Neon. Just because it does not say "Neon" on the car in badge form, that doesn't make it not a Neon. I've given you two good examples of this already.

Trans Am is a Pontiac. Its not a Chevy. Its built using the Firebird platform. Different engine, different tranny, different wheels, different seats, different wing, different ground effects, different front and rear bumper covers, etc etc... Its just as different from (if not more) a Firebird than your S.RT is from a neon. It doesn't say "Firebird" anywhere on the car. But, it is a Firebird. Its an upgraded performance Firebird. You will never hear a Trans Am owner deny it is a Firebird.

As for Yukons, Escalades, Suburbans. Those are the same chassis, but have different body panels. You can't put an Escalade hood on a suburban, or a Yukon grille on a Escalade. They are sold by different brands. They are not "rebadges", they are models. The S.RT is a vehicle sold by the same company as the Neon, and is an upgraded Neon. Now, if Chyrsler were to sell the S.RT seperately, it wouldn't be a Neon. It would be from a different brand. A better example would be the Denali vs Yukon. Both are GMC, both are Yukons. Yukon "denali" is what it is called. Its an upper level Yukon.

I really can't see why this is so hard to understand. Seems ONLY the S.RT guys can't understand this. NOBODY in the history of automobiles on the net has ever been in denial about what their vehicle is.
I Never said I denied what this car is or more over where this car came from. Its all about personal preference, you say tomato I say tamatoe.

I personally feel that the differences between the Transam and Firebird are different enough to recognize the distinction and call it what it is.

Again I do not deny my car is based off the neon and uses neon parts. Its just not called a neon. It doesn't say on my trunk Neon S.RT-4. That doesn't mean it is not a trip level of the Neon all I am saying is thats not what my car is called.

I do not deny where my car came from. It actually gives me more pride to know I can wax most things I come accross in my Neon Based S.RT-4.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:46 AM
TECH Regular

I can wax most things I come accross in my Neon Based S.RT-4.
You could wax my Celica based GT-S. I hope you don't run across my Mustang based 5.0 though.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:56 AM
TECH Regular

I personally feel that the differences between the Transam and Firebird are different enough to recognize the distinction and call it what it is.

That doesn't mean it is not a trip level of the Neon all I am saying is thats not what my car is called.
I totally disagree with you here.

I've heard the following and think they are all accurate.

Firebird Trans Am
Formula Firebird
Camaro Z28
Camaro SS
Cobra Mustang
Mustang GT
Neon NeonNeonNeon-4

If you don't think the NeonNeonNeon-4 should be called a neon, then the rest of them are wrong as well.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cheatin' Chad
Whoa! S*R*T was changed to neon neon neon automatically.I'd imagine the admins are having a bit of fun with this

What happens when you type "Viper NeonNeonNeon-10" ??

hahahahaha
Old 07-29-2004, 12:38 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by apathy
You could wax my Celica based GT-S. I hope you don't run across my Mustang based 5.0 though.
Im always up for a good spankin.

I thought I was going to get smoked by a 96ish Cobra. Couldn't tell he had anything except an exhaust (which sounded awesome). We went from a dig and I pulled 2-3 cars on him right away and he never made up the distance.

He did have 3 people in his car which I am sure didn't help. Now that I have about 60 pounds of stereo crap in my trunk im sure it would be closer.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:04 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

yes, but it is a Firebird. Trans Am owners don't act offended or in denial if someone calls their Trans Am a "firebird". It is a Firebird, just an upgraded trim level Firebird. S.RT (some of them) get offended if someone calls their car a neon, even though it is a neon.

Here is a video of my blue Formula in the finals of a bracket event. I'm racing another Formula. Listen to the announcer, as calls both of our cars "Firebirds" at the beginning of the tape. Oh yeah, I only lost that race by 0.003 seconds. DOH!

http://users.ev1.net/~ynot_dv8/10_70Tony.mpg

Tony
Old 07-29-2004, 01:13 PM
11 Second Club

Im always up for a good spankin.

I thought I was going to get smoked by a 96ish Cobra. Couldn't tell he had anything except an exhaust (which sounded awesome). We went from a dig and I pulled 2-3 cars on him right away and he never made up the distance.

He did have 3 people in his car which I am sure didn't help. Now that I have about 60 pounds of stereo crap in my trunk im sure it would be closer.
A stock to stockish 96ish Cobra is SLOW. If all you claim is true, an LT1/LS1/newer stang would rip you a new one.

I cannot believe that so many people can argue for something so incredibly stupid as the NeonNeonNeon-4 NOT being a Neon. It boggles my mind

Before I got BANNED from the NeonNeonNeon-4 forums I had owners using ricer arguments such as GAS MILEAGE

Speaking of which, why did I get banned? Could you guys not take me letting the truth out as to how quick an LS1 is/can be? I thought you guys were SOOOOOOOO proud of not banning anyone because that was . I at least want to know what I was banned for. What was I banned for, exactly? I think it was so the NeonNeonNeon-4 owners and fans could keep on thinking that their car is SOOOO fast and not a Neon.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:29 PM
Launching!

why did I get banned?

S R T owners have been banned from S R T forums for less so dont think they are jealous.