Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

stock WS6 A4 vs a 380hp TT Supra?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 12:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default stock WS6 A4 vs a 380hp TT Supra?

Alright guys, some new 16 yr old just got a Twin Turbo'd Supra boasting 380 hp. More than likely I'll end up racing this guy or just plain out beating his ***, cuz he keeps talkin **** to my gf. Just wondering what my chances are with this car with the little mods in my sig. What mods will I need to ensure a good victory?
Old 09-08-2004, 01:45 AM
On The Tree

Everybody gloats and yaps about TT supras... they absolutely have the potential to smash out and be gone quickly, a good friend of mine has a 9 sec supra (which he is selling at the moment) ...and another guy i know has 700+ rwhp supra (who also happens to be selling this) though he has never been to the track.. TT's are really the only thing to fear compared to the non TT's , Not saying that it cant be done, though caution be taken. the problem is they cost an assload to maintain and mod...but usually if somebody has a TT Supra, its never stock...at least ive never seen one.....

in any event... TT supras can be deadly in the right hands...and like a loaded SKS assualt rifle with the saftey on in everybody elses.

I have a mostly stock 1993 z28, waiting on heads and cam, though..but still ive got at best 285 at the wheels, and ill race anybody anytime..i dont care lose or win, but thats me. If youre going to pick your battles...

If the cat doesnt sound like he knows what hes talking about...race him and outshift the hell out of him.

If it does sound like he knows what hes talking about...just whoop his *** call it a day and have a coca cola.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:50 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

exactly! Even bone stock a TT would be a drivers race.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:59 AM
Launching!

talked with this guy at my track, had a supra tt with the BPU engine package. Which just means bolt ons, more boost, and generally 450RWHP.
He ran a measily 13.4, his best run all day. He wasnt on slicks, and i didnt know his 60fts. so at best with 450RWHP on slicks gripping, hes a 12.99...
350rwhp is 100 hp less, that car is a turd, il tell you that right now...
you should/better own him...
Old 09-08-2004, 02:05 AM
Teching In

he has an auto-see sig
Old 09-08-2004, 02:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you race him on the highway your gonna get smoked for sure. Your only chance is from a dig. Your best bet is to get the spray.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:05 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1BadAzzWS6
If you race him on the highway your gonna get smoked for sure. Your only chance is from a dig. Your best bet is to get the spray.
That was what I was thinking, I have raced many people from a dig and I usually get an excellent jump straight out of the hole with very little tire spin. None of these times did I launch the car, this is simply stomping the gas when the light goes green. Haven't launched the car because of the stock 10 bolt and stock torque converter. Also, this guy just got this car, so I doubt he knows how to drive it very well, I think if I race him from a dig to say maybe 100 or so, then it should be close, but im somewhat confident I can edge him out. I have read alot about supras having problems from a dig. Last question: what RPM should I launch the car if I were to chose to do this? remember: stock ten bolt, stock A4, stock torque converter, and regular all season sport tires. THanks for the comments so far, keep em coming.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:35 AM
z98
TECH Fanatic

As high an RPM as you can (without spinning) with that POS 'verter.

Stall it up as high as you can, and roll into the throttle. Practice this until you can launch harder and harder until you are getting just a hint of wheelspin.

You can even practice this at stop lights. The people next to you love that.

Then go buy a converter, a cutout, and drag radials.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:57 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Raced another 16 year old in GA with a supra a while back.

I am just 17... but odd that so many rich little kids have supras in Georgia.

Anyway... first time we raced I raped him when my nittos were still hooking up, he seemed to trap abotu the same as me as I wasn't pulling away.

He was BPU with a catless downpipe, and I am full bolt on minus Ls6 intake.

Second time we raced, when my nittos had white threads showing, he raped me off the line and I caught him at 115, didn't pass as we both let out.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:31 AM
TECH Resident

Beware, The Supra is Toyota's prime upgrade demon. I have an 87 sittin gat the house with a blown head gasket. it is stock but have only 230hp....With 230k on the odometer (Oh yeah paid 400 for it), I could run with newer 4.6 GT's and pull slightly on them.....a Twin Turbo Supra is 320hp stock.....BPU's do run it over 400hp, and they are FAST. I own a 2k WS6 M6 as well, it stock but not for long, anyway back to my point, If the kid just got it, he has no Idea the potential he has as it sits.....If he "CAN DRIVE" he will be a VERY good run. Kill it if you can! Very worthy runner.

PS. Get a camera ready for that run, would love to see it.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

TT Supras are one of the best from a roll, especially when the speeds get higher because they are almost ALL top-end. From a dig, you will take him.

350 from a supra is not that much, so from a roll, it won't be as bad as much supras would kill you.

-Todd
Old 09-08-2004, 12:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

380 HP in a Supra is nothing. Those things can be DEADLY.

So my recommendation is... beat his *** for having the slowest Supra out there.

But, if you want to race him, do it from a dig. He'll beat on you from a roll.
Old 09-08-2004, 03:41 PM
On The Tree

hell just race him for pink slips, video record it and make the next cut of the scandelous dvd regardless if you beat him

[shades]
Old 09-08-2004, 06:32 PM
Teching In

Ok , the dude with a 450 hp Supra that is running 13.4's sucks at driving . My buddy has a 97 TT Bpu, doesn't even have all the mods yet. Car is an auto. With a horribly slipping tranny which has been sent away for upgrades, he ran a 12.7 at 120.8 mph. With the new tranny in he should run a high 11 at 121+. You will lose that race if the kid knows how to drive aqt all. Who cares give it a rip anyway, he may mess up.

Shane
Old 09-08-2004, 08:55 PM
Staging Lane

Any one belong to the Supra forums? One race between a Supra and a Z28 the guy won by about 5 cars he said. They said to not waste gas on the Z28. It kind of made me mad how fast those guys think they are. They deserve to be feared, but don't push your luck in the Camaro world.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DanSSull
Any one belong to the Supra forums? One race between a Supra and a Z28 the guy won by about 5 cars he said. They said to not waste gas on the Z28. It kind of made me mad how fast those guys think they are. They deserve to be feared, but don't push your luck in the Camaro world.
Honestly, from a roll almost nothing can take them, but from a dig almost anything can take them.

-Todd
Old 09-08-2004, 09:05 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah I know they are monsters from a roll, but there is reasons for that. You put a turbo that large on a Corvette Z06, it will destroy the Supra with the same setup almost every time, I guarentee it. At least from what I believe from engine power, aerodynamics and what forced induction will do.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DanSSull
Yeah I know they are monsters from a roll, but there is reasons for that. You put a turbo that large on a Corvette Z06, it will destroy the Supra with the same setup almost every time, I guarentee it. At least from what I believe from engine power, aerodynamics and what forced induction will do.
Vipers with blowers have been known to take them no sweats. But that should be obvios.

-Todd
Old 09-08-2004, 09:45 PM
Teching In

There was some guy on a car show on TV that had a TT Viper, It was an 8 sec. car that could be driven daily with no problems. Watching him floor it from the other car was insane it looked like a blue and white missle. Like it or not those Supras are nasty with minor mods. Let alone if someone bolts a t-88 to it then its kiss your *** goodbye time.

Shane
Old 09-14-2004, 03:42 AM
Teching In

I've raced alot of Supras and only been beat once. I raced a TT with a Big A** intercooler on the highway starting out in 3rd and his front bumper was to about the middle of my front tire when we stopped about 130 or so. I think he sat about 340-360. At the time I a MTI lid and custom Y pipe with a cut out in a 02 SS 345 pkg. You got him for sure from a dig because they have lag and won't hook, but for the highway give it a try then get on the bottle