Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

03/04 Snake gets a broken neck

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 09:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03/04 Snake gets a broken neck

Saw a black 03/04 Cobra coming back from the track on the freeway with his GF in the car. He gives a little rev so I know he wants to go. Smack my friend real quick on the head to get him to wake up and open the bottle in the back. I get next to the Cobra and he floors it first and me right after and I pulled real hard on him through 3rd, 4th and part of 5th. Can't say how far I pulled really but his car looked real small in the rearview and it took a while for him to catch up. I was so happy because I didn't even get to race at the track because I forgot my helmet, drove 90 miles for nothing. I was so pissed but this made my day. The Cobra guy was cool, finally caught up to me and said he had a pulley. He asked if I was spraying and I told him I was, didn't want to lie (should have told him I was NA and made him go home and cry...) . This may anwser some questions on what it takes to smash on an 03/04 Cobra.
Old 10-01-2004, 10:42 PM
On The Tree

good work, that cobra should be low 12s, good kill
Old 10-02-2004, 02:01 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You've got no power mods except nitrous. That just ain't gonna cut it against the majority of lightly modded Cobras. You were lucky IMO.
Old 10-02-2004, 06:17 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by unit213
You've got no power mods except nitrous. That just ain't gonna cut it against the majority of lightly modded Cobras. You were lucky IMO.
Yep, I guess you're right. I have no power mods. (hmmm. What if I did?) But with what I have, I have more then enough to beat an 03 04 stock cobra NA(did it the other day from a dig thogh i must say). I would think that 111-113 is just about enough for most stock 03s. And yes I have heard of the 12.3 et's from stock cobras. But I have yet to see one do that at the track. Just the same, I have yet to see an LS1 do a 12.8-12.9 stock eather just to be fair. I don't konow what I dyno NA, but it has to be a descent number with the 113.66 trap speed that I got. (BTW this was one and only one trip to the track with the NA mods in 90* wether in Sacramento). Straped on a 140 shot on top of that?..... I'm planning to get it dynoed next Friday (cross my fingers, trying to get it cheap) an will see what she put's out. I'm pritty sure, I will be impressed with the numbers but you never know.

Always nice to have you around Unit. Thanks for the critisism.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:22 AM
Administrator

Just speaking the truth, not criticizing...

Regarding 12.3's stock from a Cobra, I don't believe a word of it.

Nice kill.
Old 10-02-2004, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice kill.
Old 10-02-2004, 05:31 PM
Launching!

Good kill brother.
Old 10-02-2004, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My car ran 11.3 @ 122 with a cut-out and 5177 kit and nothing else. I would think he has plenty for a "lightly" modded Cobra. Unless he is spraying too that is!
Old 10-02-2004, 08:25 PM
TECH Resident

was it a black one?
Old 10-02-2004, 11:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ricekillman
Saw a black 03/04 Cobra coming back from the track on the freeway with his GF in the car. He gives a little rev so I know he wants to go. Smack my friend real quick on the head to get him to wake up and open the bottle in the back. I get next to the Cobra and he floors it first and me right after and I pulled real hard on him through 3rd, 4th and part of 5th. Can't say how far I pulled really but his car looked real small in the rearview and it took a while for him to catch up. I was so happy because I didn't even get to race at the track because I forgot my helmet, drove 90 miles for nothing. I was so pissed but this made my day. The Cobra guy was cool, finally caught up to me and said he had a pulley. He asked if I was spraying and I told him I was, didn't want to lie (should have told him I was NA and made him go home and cry...) . This may anwser some questions on what it takes to smash on an 03/04 Cobra.
Whats up man, are you the camaro goin through Fairfield that raced me? i started in 3rd and once you started to pass the way you did i let off and told my girl and i quote,"DUDE HAS TO SPRAYIN, CHRIST HIS CAR IS FAST!!" But as far as me being pullied, i'm not. I only have air filter with a heat shield. The way the car sits, its throwin down 364rwhp/352rwt to give you an idea.

Had an idea to keep running you until your bottle was empty Anyway good run, here's what i posted at a mustang site.my story at stang site...

neck is fine it didnt break
Old 10-03-2004, 06:41 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 03BlackSVT
neck is fine it didnt break
Mine almoast did. This was the first time spraying from a roll for me.

Sup man, I actually had my friend type up the post because the comp kept crashing when I tried to submit, but yeah it was me. I love the way your car looks. I actually kinda wanted to get one b4 i got the ls1 but could not really swing it finantually. Had a 95 5.0 and then an 88 convetable. Sweet ride man. P.M me we should get together on a weekend. Ohh, and thanks for the race. Man I was so pissed. It was part my friends fault I didn't get to race at sac. He let someone borrow my helmet and I forgot about it. Ususally keep it in the car. So it fealt good to smack him and wake him wake him up. Did you see him scrambling to open the bottle? ? Or did you just figure I was spraying?

Last edited by ricekillman; 10-03-2004 at 07:44 AM.
Old 10-03-2004, 07:29 AM
On The Tree

Sup man, I actually had my friend type up the post because the comp kept crashing when I tried to submit, but yeah it was me. I love the way your car looks. I actually kinda wanted to get one b4 i got the ls1 but could not really swing it finantually. Had a 95 5.0 and then an 88 convetable. Sweet ride man. P.M me we should get together on a weekend. Ohh, and thanks for the race. Man I was so pissed. It was part my friends fault I didn't get to race at sac. He let someone borrow my helmet and I forgot about it. Ususally keep it in the car. So it fealt good to smack him and wake him wake him up. Did you see him scrambling to open the bottle? ? Or did you just figure it was spraying?
P>S I just realized what motions I had to do to wave you peace, shift into 4th and then wave peace again. WTF was I doing. When you pulled up next to me at first you scared the **** out of me, I was just chillin on cruiz control when all of a sudden I hear the wroooooom next to me. I was like WTF. I need to get that bottle oppener so I'm not so obvious. Haha.
Old 10-03-2004, 09:21 AM
12 Second Club

I thought you talked to him and he said he had a pulley? Guess you did'nt figure he would post on here, LOL. Nice kill anyway, but why make stuff up?
Old 10-03-2004, 11:34 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sprayed1998
I thought you talked to him and he said he had a pulley? Guess you did'nt figure he would post on here, LOL. Nice kill anyway, but why make stuff up?
I didn't make it up. What kept happening is I wrote a very long *** and detailed post that was actually pritty civilized and it explained that we didnt even say a word to each other other then hand signals. From which I thought he at one point jestured like ke had a pully, but I wasn't sure my friend thoght thesame. I guess he was trieng to say something else maybe. This was all in the origenal post I tried to post. For some reason though I must have a virus or some **** my comp, was crashing and giving me **** evry time I tried to post and crash with a buch of pop-ups and **** after a few minutes of typing. So I let my friend write the post, because the guy is on the computer 24/7 an can type faster then my car can drive. He wrote the post and actually made it seem a lot more harsh then when I wrote it. I just lost what I had typed up and didnt want to write it again. But just to be quick he wrote a condensed version and said it the way he did. "We talked" was just quicker then to write what I just said I actually didn't even notice it, until you mentioned it. This is the Gods honnest truth, I have no reason to lie to anyone. My friend just didn't want to put as much effort in explaingin exaclty what happened because it wasn't his race. You know what I mean.

BTW that avitar is sick!
Old 10-03-2004, 11:41 AM
Administrator

BTW that avitar is sick!
We don't allow animated gifs in sigs. Removed.
Old 10-03-2004, 11:48 AM
On The Tree

We don't allow animated gifs in sigs. Removed.
Why not? Just to know why?
Old 10-03-2004, 11:52 AM
Administrator

Why not? Just to know why?
Honestly, I have no friggin' clue! It's a rule set by the admins.

If I had to guess, I'd say due to the size of them. I'm removed a few that were 2MB.
Old 10-03-2004, 12:36 PM
Teching In

Mine almoast did. This was the first time spraying from a roll for me.

Sup man, I actually had my friend type up the post because the comp kept crashing when I tried to submit, but yeah it was me. I love the way your car looks. I actually kinda wanted to get one b4 i got the ls1 but could not really swing it finantually. Had a 95 5.0 and then an 88 convetable. Sweet ride man. P.M me we should get together on a weekend. Ohh, and thanks for the race. Man I was so pissed. It was part my friends fault I didn't get to race at sac. He let someone borrow my helmet and I forgot about it. Ususally keep it in the car. So it fealt good to smack him and wake him wake him up. Did you see him scrambling to open the bottle? ? Or did you just figure I was spraying?
When you didnt respond to race right away i was eye'in you in the rearview, and noticed your buddy scrambling in the back seat, didnt really think too much of it UNTIL you pulled the way you did,haha. Remote opener is very helpful, i have one in my 98GT, whenever i saw someone wanting to race while in the 98, just push the button and then wait...

Cant beat the torque of n20, feels unbelievable, especially 150 shot. Have yet to spray on my new motor in my 98, need to get it working
Anyway good race on your part bro, always someone faster, and i found you the other day later for now...