Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Racing and COPS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 05:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Racing and COPS!!!

Just a question has anybody here been in the middle of a race or a/b to start one and the cops came? This hasnt happend to me..atleast not yet just wandering what any of u did when this happend and how u lived to tell about it
Old 02-10-2005, 05:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not quite, but pretty close. I tried to race a guy in a Impalla SS (94-96) and after me trying him a few times and he did a few fly-bys while I was caught in traffic I finally had a chance to get a clean run and he pulled out his badge and told me that was enough and to slow down!!!! I posted the whole story here awhile back........
Old 02-10-2005, 05:38 PM
TECH Resident

WHOA i bet that scared the **** outta u
Old 02-10-2005, 06:06 PM
11 Second Club

I have 2 times.

Once there were 2 guys sitting ready to race and the cops started coming. The bikes cut out first and haha the cops chased them. We went the other way and they ended up catching none of us.

About a month ago we had a big *** meet. We raced for like 3 hours on a back road away from the city and finally about 1 someone radar went off. We were on the edge of one county so we went into the next and there was a road block set up like 8 miles down the road at the beginning of the city. The cop was like "you guys have been racing havent you? I know you have haha but I dont care im a city cop."

2 other were line up in the road and saw some headlights and so they pulled off. (this was back in the other county were we had been racing. ) the sheriffs pulled up and asked them about racing and they said t hey were just pulled over talking and so they let them go

They usually arent too hard as long as your on a road they people arent going to be on.... I have seen some people get caught tho and its basically like a dui here.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:37 PM
Teching In

One time a couple of my buddies were in front of me at a light one in a bolt on LT-1 WS-6 and the other in a supercharged 5.0 Light turned green and they both rip it up through the intersection. My buddy in the WS-6 had him for about 30 ft. but after that it was over. But they didn't get to run em that far because just as they got into 3rd gear or so I just herd gravle flying to my right on the shoulder!!! It was a richmond cop flyin up on em. Pulled them both over and gave em the choice of drag racing or wreckless opp.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:51 PM
TECH Resident

i dont know if u two read my supra incident on this forum but we didnt get a chance to really start before we saw "the MAN" gah cops suck.....SS the BEST...**** THE REST
Old 02-10-2005, 06:51 PM
Teching In

I have another story. One night in the same town I kept tryin to race my buddy in his ranger. (Built 289, heads, cam, stall etc. etc.) It was a stretch a lights with a decent distance between em. every one we hit red I just kept taunting him. For the first 3 or 4 he wouldn't run me. He was terrified of getting a ticket plus he didn't wanna get beat. Anyway he finally nails it on green and I answer back. Before we even made it through the intersection he was to my back bumper. and that was about all the longer it lasted b/c heading the oppisite direction was a cop and he saw the whole thing. I didn't see him until I was right beside him and my car chirps 2nd with a little tail wiggle. and I was just like ohhhhhh shiiiiii. And Started lookin for the closest side street. The cop busted a U turn before I even got 20 ft. up the road. He got behind my buddy and was gonna try to pull us both over but I turned on a side st. at the last min. So he would have to choose who he was gonna get one or the other. NOT BOTH. Well the cop was pretty much right on my *** as I was turning and I knew he prolly got my plates. the cop went straight and pulled over my bud in the ranger. And before I got outa town I got a cell phone call from my pall in the ranger and he said that the cop told him to call me to say if The kid in the camaro doesn't get back here he's goin to jail So I came back and he was actually pretty cool we talked car stuff and he let us off with a ticket for rapid accel.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AK's WS6
Not quite, but pretty close. I tried to race a guy in a Impalla SS (94-96) and after me trying him a few times and he did a few fly-bys while I was caught in traffic I finally had a chance to get a clean run and he pulled out his badge and told me that was enough and to slow down!!!! I posted the whole story here awhile back........
Whats he gonna do? NOTHING!!!

in his own car, probably in street clothes, then pulls out a "badge"
Old 02-10-2005, 07:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by wlz28
I have another story. One night in the same town I kept tryin to race my buddy in his ranger. (Built 289, heads, cam, stall etc. etc.) It was a stretch a lights with a decent distance between em. every one we hit red I just kept taunting him. For the first 3 or 4 he wouldn't run me. He was terrified of getting a ticket plus he didn't wanna get beat. Anyway he finally nails it on green and I answer back. Before we even made it through the intersection he was to my back bumper. and that was about all the longer it lasted b/c heading the oppisite direction was a cop and he saw the whole thing. I didn't see him until I was right beside him and my car chirps 2nd with a little tail wiggle. and I was just like ohhhhhh shiiiiii. And Started lookin for the closest side street. The cop busted a U turn before I even got 20 ft. up the road. He got behind my buddy and was gonna try to pull us both over but I turned on a side st. at the last min. So he would have to choose who he was gonna get one or the other. NOT BOTH. Well the cop was pretty much right on my *** as I was turning and I knew he prolly got my plates. the cop went straight and pulled over my bud in the ranger. And before I got outa town I got a cell phone call from my pall in the ranger and he said that the cop told him to call me to say if The kid in the camaro doesn't get back here he's goin to jail So I came back and he was actually pretty cool we talked car stuff and he let us off with a ticket for rapid accel.
lol im surprised u came back...but good thing u did that would suck to lose the ride
Old 02-11-2005, 12:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

why did your "bud" say he did not know u? that u were messin w/each other.

how'd the cop know he knew u and yer phone number?
Old 02-11-2005, 03:26 AM
Teching In

Got pulled over in the middle of a 4 way race we were all friends. It was a 2 lane road had an eclipse on the left in the front, Neon SRT-4 infront of me, 2002 mustang gt next to me on the left, then it was me in my GTP. So i was boxed in sorta, anyways we're at a stop light intown here an everyones looking around just eyeballing the cars so you know what's about to happen. Light goes green an no one really lights the tires up EXCEPT me lol i lite them up for 10ft. loud as hell. Everyone else kinda follows suit an takes off we get to about 45-50mph in a 35mph and i look over in the Steak an Shake that's caddy corner to the light we just hauled *** from. There's not 1 cop not 2 or 3 but 4 cops sitting there watching us lol. As soon as we pass the parkinglot these 4 cruiser's are on us like a fat kid on a cupcake. They box us all in it looks like daylight with all the lights shining on us. I'm in the back of the 4 of us as we come to a stop on the curb of the road.

I think great just what i need, i see the cops asking the others for their license an insurance but not me. I sit there for a min. longer, 3 of them walk back to me their like you with these guys. I said yeah going to that one guys house in the front to get some rims. They asked for my license, i hand it over they was bullshitting around with me for a min. making fun of the others cause well they thought i wasn't doing anything. I was like yeah i guess it pays to have a slow *** car huh the one cop goes yup. Anyways he was like yeah take off man have a good one. I didn't argue i said thanks an got the hell outta there quickly lol. Left the others for certain doom from the comments made by the cops

Few min's later i meet up with the others they all got street racing tickets LOL an they was so pissed off i didn't get one, but hey wtf i wasn't going to argue with the cop about not giving me a ticket. But it all worked out in the end, they took it to court an since the cops had no evidence to prove how fast they were going or anything it got thrown outta court.
Old 02-11-2005, 03:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Man you got lucky
Old 02-11-2005, 04:49 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by hugger1975
why did your "bud" say he did not know u? that u were messin w/each other.

how'd the cop know he knew u and yer phone number?
The cop was gonna give him a deal if he ratted me out so he had my buddy call me on the cell phone. And like I said he was terrified of gettin a ticket so he was willing to sell me out
Old 02-11-2005, 08:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 03BlackSVT
Whats he gonna do? NOTHING!!!

in his own car, probably in street clothes, then pulls out a "badge"
Uhh...maybe pickup his radio or cell phone and call it in. You guys just don't think do you. Or maybe it is his duty ride and he decides to do it him self, what is your defence. But probably he was just being smart and mature and knew when to end something before it got outta hand. Any way, good luck next time you get pulled over, smart ***.
Old 02-11-2005, 08:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

The cop was gonna give him a deal if he ratted me out so he had my buddy call me on the cell phone. And like I said he was terrified of gettin a ticket so he was willing to sell me out

Or maybe he was gonna give you a deal and told your buddy about it, probably because he didn't want to go through the trouble of doing the paperwork for your warrant. Consider your self lucky, and never try to run from the cops. Motorola is always faster than you. I'd say he cut you a HUGE break and your buddy let you know about it.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:44 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by J.Brown
Got pulled over in the middle of a 4 way race we were all friends. It was a 2 lane road had an eclipse on the left in the front, Neon SRT-4 infront of me, 2002 mustang gt next to me on the left, then it was me in my GTP. So i was boxed in sorta, anyways we're at a stop light intown here an everyones looking around just eyeballing the cars so you know what's about to happen. Light goes green an no one really lights the tires up EXCEPT me lol i lite them up for 10ft. loud as hell. Everyone else kinda follows suit an takes off we get to about 45-50mph in a 35mph and i look over in the Steak an Shake that's caddy corner to the light we just hauled *** from. There's not 1 cop not 2 or 3 but 4 cops sitting there watching us lol. As soon as we pass the parkinglot these 4 cruiser's are on us like a fat kid on a cupcake. They box us all in it looks like daylight with all the lights shining on us. I'm in the back of the 4 of us as we come to a stop on the curb of the road.

I think great just what i need, i see the cops asking the others for their license an insurance but not me. I sit there for a min. longer, 3 of them walk back to me their like you with these guys. I said yeah going to that one guys house in the front to get some rims. They asked for my license, i hand it over they was bullshitting around with me for a min. making fun of the others cause well they thought i wasn't doing anything. I was like yeah i guess it pays to have a slow *** car huh the one cop goes yup. Anyways he was like yeah take off man have a good one. I didn't argue i said thanks an got the hell outta there quickly lol. Left the others for certain doom from the comments made by the cops

Few min's later i meet up with the others they all got street racing tickets LOL an they was so pissed off i didn't get one, but hey wtf i wasn't going to argue with the cop about not giving me a ticket. But it all worked out in the end, they took it to court an since the cops had no evidence to prove how fast they were going or anything it got thrown outta court.
damn that is a CRAZY story. yea i had somthin like that w/ my friends along time ago but it was with my old bronco, exploer, s-10, and a blazer. lol omg u cant even call those cars racing
Old 02-11-2005, 09:46 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 02transhawk
Or maybe he was gonna give you a deal and told your buddy about it, probably because he didn't want to go through the trouble of doing the paperwork for your warrant. Consider your self lucky, and never try to run from the cops. Motorola is always faster than you. I'd say he cut you a HUGE break and your buddy let you know about it.
tru tru hell id be thankful too
Old 02-11-2005, 10:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Hehe, I was leaving the track one night with some buddies and we were lined up at a light. I checked the mirrors and cross street for cops and saw none so we take off and run up to about 100 or so and let off. We are just cruisin now and I notice a car weaving through traffic to catch up and the ole adrenal cortex starts releasing epinephrine like hell! We get pulled over and it was a female officer, kinda cute too. She asks for the usual and then asks if I won how cool is that? She runs my license and it's clear then gave me a small lecture about going to fast or something, I wasn't payin much attention at this point. She let me go with a warning. Needless to say I drove the speed limit most of the way home.

There are many more stories, but I am tired of typing...
Old 02-11-2005, 11:01 AM
TECH Regular

Once I was lined up about ready to launch and they came right behind me & the other guy. I pissed in my pants so they gave me a break...
Old 02-11-2005, 11:28 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02transhawk
I never found out if the cop did or didn't have my plates and if he didn't the boonies were just in front of me and there are no cops that patrole the country around there. But I have gotten away from them on more than 1 occasion Not like you see on TV or anything, but they were definately hunting for me. Here's another story! Me and a bunch of my friends get together on weekends and cruise around together (Terifies the local rice ) This night it was me in my camaro, Buddies in LT-1 WS-6, 5.0 Mustang, LS-1 WS-6 and an LT-1 TA. We all cruise down this main st. in town and there's a party on the corner. Drunk (under 21) kids everywhere most of them I had went to school with and hadn't seen in forever. We all go by and I think we all give the place a good rev. I turned down some side streets and the rest of the pack follows and I come up beside the place on the other road beside it. Everyone recognized me and Started taunting me. "Burn em tiimmmay burn em". So bein the show off I am I was happy to ablige. So I turn left and get rolling about 10-15 and just hamered down. The tires broke loose and reved to around 6 grand. (Long tubes off road y cat back and 2-3 story building on each side of the road, yea I was makin some noise.) Then my friends in the ws-6 and the 5.0 do the same behind me. Just as the mustage takes off "THE MAN" came outa nowhere and me and the ws6 were prolly already 50 ft. or so ahead of em at the next stop sign. We all stopped and when we seen the cop pull my friend in the mustang over in a parking lot we both turned right at the stop sign. and then split up at the next stop sign (Prolly 50 yds or so) I guess when the cop seen us pull away he told the 5.0 not to *****n move and got in his car to come get us. He ended up gettin my buddy within minutes and by that time I was out of town and had my car in the garage. I guess the cop was PO'd wrote them both up for wreckless opp. And they said no one new eachother. Drove through that town the verry next day and I got followed around a little bit but they had no proof of what happened the previos night so they had nothin on me