Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

eastbay reigonal cops = 0 camaro z28 = 1

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 05:57 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eastbay reigonal cops = 0 camaro z28 = 1

Tonight I was bored and went down to the local track/hangout spot in Oakland. It was around 3am so I really wasnt expecting that many people. Plus, its been really cold lately...people dont like standing outside their cars in these freezing temps.
As I round the final bend to the huge 5 lane one mile long straightaway, I saw a handfull of cars with people just hanging out. I drove by doing the speed limit and decided to bust a U, hit the freeway and go home since nothing was going on. I bust the U and got stopped by a red light. There is no cars in front of me (except one lone pair of headlights in the far distance) and I decided to show off and get to some triple digit speeds on my way out. The light turns green and I get a great launch. It is a cold night and my gs-d3s are inflated to 40psi but they still hooked. I slam 2nd and the rear end steps out a little. I do a perfect 2-3 shift and by now I am comming up on the lone pair of headlights heading towards me. As I drive by at ~120mph I see that it is a Eastbay Reigonal cop SUV There is no time to even stop or think. I just keep doing the motions and hit 4th gear with the petal to the metal. The cop instanly makes a U turn as soon as I pass him. He never even turned on his overhead lights...probably because he never even had a chance I hit 6k rpms in 4th gear (dont know how fast that is with 3.42s?) hit 5th and just kept on going. I had to slow down to about 90-100 to get outa there because there are some good turns.
I scramble to South 880 and got the **** out of there. I got off 2 exits later and parked my car in a hotel parking lot off the freeway. I had to get out of the car and get my head straight before I made the short journy home.
I cant believe I got away that easy....scared the **** out of me.

*NOTE* this is a fictional story that I made up
Old 12-04-2005, 10:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

LOL, that was kinda dumb to do that after you saw the headlights sitting there in the distance. Good job getting away though.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:59 PM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Haha, he said he made it up. Read the whole post.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cascadesys
Haha, he said he made it up. Read the whole post.
i think he was covering his ***
Old 12-05-2005, 01:42 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, IF IT HAD BEEN REAL...thats prolly the best option, his lights were off, so he wasnt in persuite, plain and simple. He just wanted to do a U. Good call.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:26 AM
Launching!

Good kill

Stanger i sent you a PM back

Last edited by 89tang; 12-05-2005 at 04:30 AM.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:10 AM
11 Second Club

Good job! I bet you that won't be on cops.
They only show the people that get caught
Old 12-05-2005, 04:30 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Nocturnal SS
Good job! I bet you that won't be on cops.
They only show the people that get caught
Yeah they should come up with a show that shows ppl. actually getting away lol. Or show the cops chasing a real car like the one in this post, they always show some guy in a beat up old car that has no *****.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:10 PM
TECH Regular

Ive personally been with my friend when hes out ran 3 cops, one was on the side of the road shooting radar, other two were going to oposite direction. Usually we were only doing about 7-15 over, in an open area, so no ones in danger, but it also leaves us with ALOT of room to show those Vics what the WS6 can do ^_^

Gota love a state that does not require front lisense plates, just hammer it when you see them, and they wont beable to catch the plate at night.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1TechRulez
Tonight I was bored and went down to the local track/hangout spot in Oakland. It was around 3am so I really wasnt expecting that many people. Plus, its been really cold lately...people dont like standing outside their cars in these freezing temps.
As I round the final bend to the huge 5 lane one mile long straightaway, I saw a handfull of cars with people just hanging out. I drove by doing the speed limit and decided to bust a U, hit the freeway and go home since nothing was going on. I bust the U and got stopped by a red light. There is no cars in front of me (except one lone pair of headlights in the far distance) and I decided to show off and get to some triple digit speeds on my way out. The light turns green and I get a great launch. It is a cold night and my gs-d3s are inflated to 40psi but they still hooked. I slam 2nd and the rear end steps out a little. I do a perfect 2-3 shift and by now I am comming up on the lone pair of headlights heading towards me. As I drive by at ~120mph I see that it is a Eastbay Reigonal cop SUV There is no time to even stop or think. I just keep doing the motions and hit 4th gear with the petal to the metal. The cop instanly makes a U turn as soon as I pass him. He never even turned on his overhead lights...probably because he never even had a chance I hit 6k rpms in 4th gear (dont know how fast that is with 3.42s?) hit 5th and just kept on going. I had to slow down to about 90-100 to get outa there because there are some good turns.
I scramble to South 880 and got the **** out of there. I got off 2 exits later and parked my car in a hotel parking lot off the freeway. I had to get out of the car and get my head straight before I made the short journy home.
I cant believe I got away that easy....scared the **** out of me.

*NOTE* this is a fictional story that I made up

Of course it was easy!! You passed an SUV doing triple digit speeds. Did you think he was going to turn around and run you down? This story does sound very familiar though.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 89tang
Yeah they should come up with a show that shows ppl. actually getting away lol. Or show the cops chasing a real car like the one in this post, they always show some guy in a beat up old car that has no *****.
thats why ul never see a ws6 on cops.

i once saw an old 3rd gen bird on cops, he ran and lost em quick but left the car in a nearby area and they saw him parked, tried to get away again but got caught.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:39 PM
On The Tree

Whats crackin in Oakland? Im in South City..
Old 12-06-2005, 06:40 PM
Teching In

I actually got out of a evading ticket, I knew the cop was chasing me down but he never had his cherries on. According to the state of CO in order for a cop to make a legal stop, they must have either their lights on or siren on.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00firebird
thats why ul never see a ws6 on cops.

i once saw an old 3rd gen bird on cops, he ran and lost em quick but left the car in a nearby area and they saw him parked, tried to get away again but got caught.
There's actually a pewter WS6 that they caught once but it was in a residential neighborhood, not a highway. I don't know if they still do, but they used to show it getting its driver side window smashed with a night stick.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 02 Camaro SS
There's actually a pewter WS6 that they caught once but it was in a residential neighborhood, not a highway. I don't know if they still do, but they used to show it getting its driver side window smashed with a night stick.
yeah, i saw that one but that guy was drunk wasn't he?
Old 12-07-2005, 10:23 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i hope you dont get owned by someone in that department that reads these threads and just so happened to be in that suv that night...that would really suck!!...happened to that suby guy that wrecked tryin to drift around turns.
nice story!!
Old 12-07-2005, 10:27 AM
12 Second Club

I've nev personally run from any cops, but I have friends who have. A buddy of mine that used to have a worked '89 5.0 ran coming home one night. Got on the interestate and wen to the jug and didn't let off until he got off on the next exit. Got off on the road (highway) to his house and started spraying again, lol. Pulled in his driveway and shut the car off. He said he wasn't getting caught that night.

I've always told myself that if I'm on the interstate having a "spirited" run late at night that I wouldn't stop for a cop. If you're already doing triple digits when a cop see's you, chances are that you'll be able to get off at an exit and park the car somewhere long before they'd have any idea what happend. Plus, I can gaurantee you that an evading ticket (if you did get caught) is not going to be that big of a deal compared to that triple digit speed that you were traveling
Old 12-07-2005, 11:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by COMNBYU
I've nev personally run from any cops, but I have friends who have. A buddy of mine that used to have a worked '89 5.0 ran coming home one night. Got on the interestate and wen to the jug and didn't let off until he got off on the next exit. Got off on the road (highway) to his house and started spraying again, lol. Pulled in his driveway and shut the car off. He said he wasn't getting caught that night.

I've always told myself that if I'm on the interstate having a "spirited" run late at night that I wouldn't stop for a cop. If you're already doing triple digits when a cop see's you, chances are that you'll be able to get off at an exit and park the car somewhere long before they'd have any idea what happend. Plus, I can gaurantee you that an evading ticket (if you did get caught) is not going to be that big of a deal compared to that triple digit speed that you were traveling
what about an evading ticket on top of the ticket for the triple digit speed? I don't know how you can't think you will not get a ticket for speeding as fast as you did if you try to run from the cops.

Running is stupid... you may get away with it, but its never a smart choice. We all do stupid things though, I'm most definitely not exempt from that
Old 12-07-2005, 05:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TNTramair
i hope you dont get owned by someone in that department that reads these threads and just so happened to be in that suv that night...that would really suck!!...happened to that suby guy that wrecked tryin to drift around turns.
nice story!!
even if the cop read this there would be no way for him to prove that it was me- they didnt get my plates and I was speeding by him so fast there would be no way for him to ID me as the driver
Old 12-07-2005, 06:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by fguy1998
yeah, i saw that one but that guy was drunk wasn't he?
I saw that episode. He was drunk, TTops off and had no tire on the front driver's side rim. You saw the sparks when they were chasing him at 20mph And they busted the passenger's side window just to show force. Since the ttops were off, they could have just pulled him out of the car instead when it was stopped.