Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

*VIDEO* LS1 Trans Am vs 93 RX7 race 0-120mph

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 02:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ohjonnybomb
Look everyone, an imaginary race>
Motor is all original with 72K on it. I am too poor to go single or anything else, but I do need to do the clutch and while enough HP in never enough, I have not been beat yet, well, not in real life
Jon
You're the one running an imaginary race. You're a joke bouncing on the scene with that waste of a video. " I raced and I won!" Please. Get lost... and take your LS1 killer with you.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:12 PM
Teching In

That video was awful...didn't even look like a race
Old 01-24-2006, 02:14 PM
TECH Addict

I hate night videos because you cannot make out **** in them and this one is one of the worst IMO.

BTW what the hell is a Stage 3 window tint? Sounds like adding stickers to get 20 HP.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

no way...there is no way a "mostly stock" rx7 would rape an ls1 like that. that was embarrasing. i hate talking bad about a race someone wins but that was just rediculous. no way...
Old 01-24-2006, 03:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Hey I'll run ya just for fun just to show the difference between a stock stall LS1 and a stall that isn't so stock
Old 01-24-2006, 03:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Where you located?? I have a stock motored 4 cylinder Ill run you with..
Old 01-24-2006, 05:33 PM
On The Tree

I don't know about a mostly stock RX7 pulling a LS1 that hard? Video is horrible! I would think that it would take a mid-low 12 car to pull my car like that! I'm around Orange County NY, let me know where you hang out and I just may (don't street race anymore), but may take you on from a dig in the quarter and I have a stock LS1 with rearend and suspension mods! That's of course if everything stays as explained (mostly stock RX7) ! if not we can run for money but you'll look under my hood after the race, not before! No mods intended here though! This car is for sale and haven't ran it hard since it was completely stock! But it sounds tempting!
Old 01-24-2006, 06:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Notime383
I don't know about a mostly stock RX7 pulling a LS1 that hard? Video is horrible! I would think that it would take a mid-low 12 car to pull my car like that! I'm around Orange County NY, let me know where you hang out and I just may (don't street race anymore), but may take you on from a dig in the quarter and I have a stock LS1 with rearend and suspension mods! That's of course if everything stays as explained (mostly stock RX7) ! if not we can run for money but you'll look under my hood after the race, not before! No mods intended here though! This car is for sale and haven't ran it hard since it was completely stock! But it sounds tempting!
I missed something, Can I or can't I look under the hood? I'll run you for fun and braggin rights or a little bit of green if you are stock +/- my mods int/exh/ECU but only if I can look under the hood. If you got N2O or a blower you'll probably take me, but is that what a LS1 needs to beat my 1.3L Mazda? That would be sad
My hood is open, I told you what I got and you saw what I did to that TA, I'd love the chance to spank another.
Question: Who is this douche "FIREHAWK#608" who thinks he raced me back in '82?? Bra, lay off the meth!
Jon
Old 01-24-2006, 07:19 PM
On The Tree

ohjonnybomb, if you read correctly ,I stated if everything stays as explained, mostly stock RX7 vs stock LS1 with susp and diff mods, light money$100-$1000 ,then you can move into my engine compartment if you want! But if you want to run for money $1000+ I'm gonna show up to win! And I'm not opening my hood unless I win the race and you wanna see what beat you! I also stated I will not mod the car any further because it's for sale!So don't be so concerned it would just be another chance to smoke a stock LS1! BTW what's wrong with me having a blower or NOS? You got a turbo on that (no longer considered a 1.3) high reving wankel! If you were moving 3636lbs then I'd say poor little 1.3, but since your is closer to 636lbs than 3636lbs I would tend not to pity your little turbocharged 13b! And if I smoke you (that's of course if I have the time to show -up) does that mean I can beat all RX7's with int/exh/ecu mods? Because I'm sure that there's a lightly modded LS1 (like your lightly modded RX7) that will smoke you , if I don't! Congrat's on your kill, and tone it down a hair killer! Let me know where you hang out! I'm close to Middletown, NY!
Old 01-24-2006, 08:16 PM
Banned

Relax!!!!!!!!!!!
eleven "!"'s for you. The same number that can be found in your last post.
I wasn't clear to me if "That's of course if everything stays as explained" as you said pertained to me or to you. You ask "what's wrong with me having a blower or NOS?" Nothing is wrong with it, but it is not remotely stock. Why not catapult your car down the 1/4 to win. My turbo is stock/orig, do you need me to take it off?
Lets start over.
You saw my Video with the TA, My car is stock except the intake, exhaust, ECU with 12 or 13psi boost, as in the video. I've since added an aluminum stock mount IC.
You think the TA had an off day? Maybe, it was one race. To tell the truth, I was very supprised by the out come, drag racing is not my cars game.
You think the TA deserves another shot and you want to fill in. Cool
But I can look at your car and you can look at mine. I'm poor, I mean it. $200 is my max bet, or just for "fun" is OK too. Do you want to do this now on in the spring? The roads suck traction/salt. If we were to do it now, now would have to be next day or two, my plates come off on the 24 or 25. I was going to drop them off tomorrow. I can wait till April, ill be in Middletown every other week. Besides my clutch is slipping as I said before.
Jon
keep your pitty, you may be the one who needs it
Old 01-24-2006, 08:36 PM
10 Second Club

i wouldn't expect to be beating many ls1's like that with your fd, but you got him good so good kill.

instead of arguing why not post an in-car vid from the trams am. i would like to see it. there are a few ls1's in my area that are "sick" in a bad way (ltft's around + 15, o2's don't work/read, limp mode etc...)- keep that in mind... once you beat like 3 of them that are around stock then you know it wasn't the car, but if you've only raced one how do you know...
Old 01-24-2006, 08:57 PM
On The Tree

Well unfortunately I won't be in Middletown anyday soon and I doubt the weather/ground is gonna be any good but, I guarantee that we will meet up in Middletown this spring/summer. If I still have the Z28 ( You can't miss it Black SS w/Fikse wheels, NY plate:RPOLS1) then we can race , but I'll be fair, it's no guarantee the car won't be modded any further by then. I of course will let you know what's changed in the set-up if the opportunity occurs! It's good to meet someone that actually talks racing, I though those guys just hangout there and do burn outs! Looking foward to meeting you in the spring! Maybe a friendly race would be more appropriate!

PS: Please replace the clutch (No excuses) and Yes you can keep both of your turbo's! You need'em!

Last edited by Notime383; 01-24-2006 at 09:03 PM.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:40 PM
Board Certified Idiot

OK. guys hes had his Fair share of his Medicen on about Bs stories. "UNTIL" But still there is No way Your car did that to the LS1 guess he was not trying. GO ask to race again.with a better introduction till then BS haha.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:46 PM
12 Second Club

How come I never get anyone around my area wanting to race me Every time an argument like this come up and people want a rematch with another car, I'm 3-5 states away...
Old 01-25-2006, 12:04 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone else not care about the race between the LS1 and the import....I just want to hump his GF!

RX7 must have some fairly serious mods to pull a mid to high 13 second car like that.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

I call

I've driven an Rx7 and an Rx8 to within an inch of thier lives when I used to work for Mazda. Your car may be mostly stock, but that one video clip looks like the T/A wasn't even on the gas.

When my Firehawk was stock it would've put bus lengths on your "mostly stock" RX TT.

There're no other races shot on that clip. The guy probably had a bad start or had it in reverse!- and you just just kept on going and posted a video of your "kill." There's nothing you can say to make me think you pulled an LS1 like that on a fair race.
Nice kill.

I with him on the BS, I have ran 2 rx7's that were near stock (both had exhaust) and I absolutely murdered them!!! I am not doubting your mods but the TA wasn't racing or decided not to use the gas pedal to its full potential
Old 01-25-2006, 03:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Some of you guys need to get a grip.

I think it is more than fair to say that this video is at best inconclusive, and certainly does not reflect an average race between an LS1 and RX7.

At the same time I see no hidden malice(just a terrible video), nor any overt **** talking. Some of you got thin skin...if you're going to argue don't just say, "you're a liar" "BS" etc, etc, make our 15 seconds reading your post worth it.

Thanks,

The smart people of LS1Tech.

P.S. The "he was not trying" is ******* lame....
Old 01-25-2006, 05:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

a lot of you people are clueless on turbo rx7s...all you need is a intake, full exhaust and some tuning to make 300+ hp at the wheels( on a fd, not fc)..combine that with the 2700-2800 lbs curb weight and you have a car that would rape a stock ls1 jsut because fo the weight difference...not to mention the higher speds and better aero dynamics of the fd.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:35 AM
Banned

Hey jonnytimebomb , or whatever you call yourself, why are you calling me the douche? You're the one who shows up with a 0 post count and starts claiming all kinds of crap that almost NOBODY here believes.

You should quit your crying and go change your diaper little girl.
When you dry your eyes and find the part of your brain that you flushed down the toilet , come back and post some real races that actually happened. Until then... -c-ya-

Last edited by FIREHAWK#608; 01-25-2006 at 07:40 AM.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:05 AM
On The Tree

I too call BS, I was forced to drive a turbo rx-7 my senior year in high school due to an unfortuate wreck w/ my regal. I drove the **** out of that rx-7 and it was butt slow. My 01Z28 when it was bone stock woulda **** all over that car. BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS

Either was staged or t/a missed 2 gears LOL.

Quick Reply: *VIDEO* LS1 Trans Am vs 93 RX7 race 0-120mph