Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

*VIDEO* LS1 Trans Am vs 93 RX7 race 0-120mph

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 12:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by YukonSS
I'd be happy to give you your first loss. Hit me up in Michigan. Oh and I don't own an LS1.

I would run you in my RX-7 if I was anywhere near Michigan. At the track.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:09 PM
Staging Lane

A lot of you guys really seem like you don't know what you are talking about?

I have owned a second gen RX-7(Now), a 3rd Gen RX-7, and a 2000 SS 6-speed. Stock for stock, the Camaro would rape all of the other cars. But when I installed a FMIC, standalone ecu, and bolt-ons (exhaust/downpipe/etc.), the RX-7 at 11 lbs. was by far faster than the SS.

I raced a Z28 with exhaust, and tore him up pretty badly, probably 4 cars from 10-100. Stock RX-7's have ran 13.4's. Bolt-ons stock motor/stock ports/ at 13+ lbs. have run low 12's, even dipped into the 11's. A stock turbo car on RX7club.com has ran 10's.

Some of you don't seem to understand what year RX-7 we are talking about? Some say I drove one and this and that and have know idea that we are talking about a 3rd gen. Most of you who say you are beating the hell out of RX-7's that are modded with your stock LS1's, either the car really isn't all that modded, or the car is running like ****, whether it be needing tuning or the motor is weak/near blown.

RX-7's are spectacular cars, and the motors are pretty badass if you know how to work on them. We as Americans, just don't.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:11 PM
Staging Lane

Here is my challenge. I will run anyone on here for money, stock for stock. My stock RX-7 vs. your Camaro, Trans Am, even Corvette for that matter. That bitch has 155,000 miles on it, and 225's out back. Let's roll. At the track. I only have an intake, so I guess it isn't stock. But close enough.
Old 01-28-2006, 01:37 PM
On The Tree

I really don't understand why anyone would call bs on this. With full exhaust, intercooler upgrade, air intake, stock twins converted to parallel, 14 psi,pump gas and rich tune(10.9 afr) I went 115 mph in the 1/4.
Old 01-28-2006, 01:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LSINA7
Here is my challenge. I will run anyone on here for money, stock for stock. My stock RX-7 vs. your Camaro, Trans Am, even Corvette for that matter. That bitch has 155,000 miles on it, and 225's out back. Let's roll. At the track. I only have an intake, so I guess it isn't stock. But close enough.
You're gonna lose some $$ if you're up against someone who can drive. A friend of mine ran 12.9 in a bone stock '01 ss camaro. A stock rx7 with an intake could be a full second behind.
Old 01-28-2006, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by turbogarrett
You're gonna lose some $$ if you're up against someone who can drive. A friend of mine ran 12.9 in a bone stock '01 ss camaro. A stock rx7 with an intake could be a full second behind.
im guessing by his name...that he has a ls1 in his rx7.
Old 01-28-2006, 02:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ohjonnybomb
Look everyone, an imaginary race>
Motor is all original with 72K on it. I am too poor to go single or anything else, but I do need to do the clutch and while enough HP in never enough, I have not been beat yet, well, not in real life
Jon
Soon the motor will blow and thats that. Time for a rebuilt!
Old 01-28-2006, 03:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by AcE XBOX
Soon the motor will blow and thats that. Time for a rebuilt!

That is what changed my mind.
Old 01-28-2006, 03:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by turbogarrett
How bought a full second in front?
Old 01-28-2006, 03:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
im guessing by his name...that he has a ls1 in his rx7.

Good guess! Not done yet though, it will be very soon.
Old 01-28-2006, 04:16 PM
Teching In

my stock twin, stock motor rx7 traps 118mph. Thats with 15psi of boost making 360rwhp. I think a ls1 would need heads and cam to keep up or beat me.

I also beat a ws6 when i had a downpipe only (thats about 240rwhp). The ws6 driver had a passenger i was alone. Beat him twice. I am sure if he was a better driver he could have beat me. My point is that these cars are pretty close when in stock or near stock form. its a driver's race. When modded whoever spent the most money wins.
Old 01-28-2006, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

Here is my challenge. I will run anyone on here for money, stock for stock. My stock RX-7 vs. your Camaro...
Bring it...

1986 Iroc 454-BB "Police Interceptor"
Old 01-28-2006, 07:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Street Lethal
Bring it...

1986 Iroc 454-BB "Police Interceptor"

Does it run 11's?

Edit: BTW I searched and couldn't even find that?

Last edited by LSINA7; 01-28-2006 at 07:16 PM.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:36 AM
On The Tree

Does it run 11's?

Edit: BTW I searched and couldn't even find that?
Best run to date was 10.13, but this is when it was a strictly strip set-up. The 454 is completely stock (albeit with extra port work being done). Engine was yanked in favor for a long overdue hone, and some fresh rings....

I have since converted it to a more "street friendly" set-up awhile back, and have been contemplating different way's to adapt Tuned Port Injection (without going the Arizona Speed & Marine route). Waiting to get my hands on a used Tunnel Ram from Weiand, injector bosses will eventually be welded in, and, voila, instant Holley Stealth Ram....

I'll have some decent quarter mile times, and trap speeds, once Raceway Park opens in late Febraury. Right now, I'd rather not even give you a quote... as it'd be pure speculation on my part. But then again, I'd be pretty shocked if she didn't see low eleven's come this spring.

Chevy 454 Police Interceptor's can be found in many old truck's. The one that sort of fell on my lap, came with close to 550lbs of torque...
Old 01-29-2006, 08:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Street Lethal
Best run to date was 10.13, but this is when it was a strictly strip set-up. The 454 is completely stock (albeit with extra port work being done). Engine was yanked in favor for a long overdue hone, and some fresh rings....

I have since converted it to a more "street friendly" set-up awhile back, and have been contemplating different way's to adapt Tuned Port Injection (without going the Arizona Speed & Marine route). Waiting to get my hands on a used Tunnel Ram from Weiand, injector bosses will eventually be welded in, and, voila, instant Holley Stealth Ram....

I'll have some decent quarter mile times, and trap speeds, once Raceway Park opens in late Febraury. Right now, I'd rather not even give you a quote... as it'd be pure speculation on my part. But then again, I'd be pretty shocked if she didn't see low eleven's come this spring.

Chevy 454 Police Interceptor's can be found in many old truck's. The one that sort of fell on my lap, came with close to 550lbs of torque...
Wow, that is pretty sweet. The engine is stock? Nice times!
Old 01-30-2006, 08:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Notime383
Ohjonnybomb! I've thought about this and after previewing the video, I don't think it's fair to say my stock (engine) LS1 would match up with that LS1(mostly stock) KILLER you got! I'll tell you what, looks like you got him atleast two car lengths in that video! I'll take 2 car lengths in the quarter from a dig for $500, you can look under my hood, everywhere you want and you gotta race! I can't take a chance on running that thing head-up (at least not for money and quite frankly that's what it's gonna take to get me to race you), the way you raped that T/A! My car ain't any diff than that! 2 car lengths, $500 and you got a race this weekend (weather permitting)! Sorry dude the proof's in the video! Can't do head -up with that monster! That should help you prove how accurate that video was! I'll video tape it so you can show everyone it's not BS! Here's your chance!
HAHAHA! You Bigmouths are so typical of the Chevy crowd!
You are insulting and arrogant and condescending, not to mention delusional..
Then at race time you wake up and either no-show or require a handicap!!!
Your need for the handicap proves you really do know the truth, you just don't like to admit it.
Your secret is safe with me
Jon
Old 01-30-2006, 10:36 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

He was being sarcastic.
Old 01-30-2006, 02:43 PM
12 Second Club

why do people think they have less chance of getting caught at night...
/ban all shitty night vids
Old 01-31-2006, 04:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CarsRFun
why do people think they have less chance of getting caught at night...
/ban all shitty night vids
First, there are way less cars in the eastbound lanes after midnight. We can line up get flagged and run without getting in anyone's way. Second, at night it is Dark! It is harder to get a year/make/model/exact-color/partial-plate# in the dark.
Shitty vid is better then no vid, you can see the TA getting smaller and the speedo. That said, this year's videos will be better
Jon
PS notime383 was not being sarcastic about the "two car lengths"
I will run him even (no handicap), in street tires with hoods open prior to the race and mods as stated, for $500.
Well,....do we have a race??

Last edited by ohjonnybomb; 01-31-2006 at 04:20 AM.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:22 AM
On The Tree

Of course I was being sarcastic! But why couldn't you give me 2 car lengths? The proof's in the video! The way you raped that TA I don't stand a chance! Or was that BS?? Me and you will definitely meet up "Ohjonnybomb" unless you don't ever show-up to Middletown Hangout spot again, me and you will definitely meet-up! If my car gets sold, I'll spot your (RX7) and run you with my other car(street car)! Killer! But you better bring more than $500! Keep in touch! Killer! I got better things to do right now, but if I get some time it's on!

Quick Reply: *VIDEO* LS1 Trans Am vs 93 RX7 race 0-120mph