Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

*VIDEO* LS1 Trans Am vs 93 RX7 race 0-120mph

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LSINA7
There are very fast rotaries. I put an LS1 in the car to be different and make good power. I love LS1's, just not f-bodies or their misinformed dumbass drivers. This might not be all, but a lot. I just like to let some domestic owners know exactly what the truth really is.
what is the truth?......you cant possibly think a rotory is far superior to a GM push rod v-8........lets just end this on a gentlmens disagreement,
Old 02-11-2006, 09:55 PM
TECH Resident

Video sucked.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:53 PM
Launching!

I just like to let some domestic owners know exactly what the truth really is.
I really don't consider your car a true import anymore considering it is all American under the hood. Just import skin.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:18 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Formula_X
I really don't consider your car a true import anymore considering it is all American under the hood. Just import skin.
Yeah yeah, its still an import. If noone looked under the hood they wouldn't even know. Except for the loud rumbling and camming noises.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:20 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GMmexican
what is the truth?......you cant possibly think a rotory is far superior to a GM push rod v-8........lets just end this on a gentlmens disagreement,
I didn't say that, I just said it is a good engine. Which misinformed people think it untrue.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

I didn't say that, I just said it is a good engine. Which misinformed people think it untrue.

didnt it come with a **** load of problems? though i can list em but the list would be kinda long.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:47 PM
TECH Regular

Hows about we see a video of the trans am when the guy knows he is supposed to race the rx7. instead of a kickdown on a car that is just going down the high way.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:37 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by just1news6
Hows about we see a video of the trans am when the guy knows he is supposed to race the rx7. instead of a kickdown on a car that is just going down the high way.
I'll second that. This was a total bullshit race vid. I can make kill vids like that all day long and none of the other driver will ever know they were racing. Which is what happened here.
http://www.autofacts.ca/classics/fast.htm#disclaimer
show me the mazda in that list
Old 02-16-2006, 07:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
I'll second that. This was a total bullshit race vid. I can make kill vids like that all day long and none of the other driver will ever know they were racing. Which is what happened here.
http://www.autofacts.ca/classics/fast.htm#disclaimer
show me the mazda in that list

The must have forgot to list it. Thats gay. But what is your point with that?
Old 02-16-2006, 08:21 PM
On The Tree

Are we still entertaining this fool? Well he has finally convinced me with all his ricer logic. I am in the process of throwing my LS1 in the garbage (maybe someone with a blown rotary engine is looking for an engine that actually works) and am installing a 13B to lay the smack down on the whole world. Thank you LSNADS7 for making me see the light. Your mission in life is almost complete you only have to convince the rest of the world of your utter stupidity. Theres a reason your post count is stuck at 6. BS doesnt get counted.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:26 PM
Banned

The must have forgot to list it. Thats gay. But what is your point with that?
My point is if the car would run 14 or under stock it would be on the list and might make for a legit vid. They didnt forget it.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah yeah, its still an import. If noone looked under the hood they wouldn't even know. Except for the loud rumbling and camming noises.
doesnt ford own mazda now? lol
Old 02-17-2006, 01:10 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK#608
Whoop?-de do! I've OWNED a 3rd gen RX7! I KNOW WHAT THEY CAN DO!!!! Did you read?!? A near stock RX7 is a dog!!! A slow, torque-less unreliable turd!!! I've owned one... remember?
it only becomes "unreliable" when the car isn't maintananced properly/accordingly on time (like any car). if you actually owned a 3rd gen you would know that (i'm doubting you simply because i dont know you, hey it's the internet, what can you do?). i own one. before i got this car from the old owner, he had taken it to the track for a last time with the rotary still in it. mods at the time were, 3" straight pipe (no cats), pulley kit, aluminum ast, dp, untuned power fc still at 10psi with stock maps (pretty much worthless to have at the time - basically stock), and intakes - ran a 12.4 with a 1.69 60' that's amazing if you ask me.

and i wouldn't say a 93-95 7 is slow, in my opinion, way ahead of its time; still competing with "the big dogs." don't throw he-said-she-said "facts."
Old 02-17-2006, 02:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

In its day it was very ahead of its time. Sequential turbo's for an RX7's price, unbelievable. The system worked well too, though it's not the best for raw power it makes a better overall car than the big turbo swaps.

However those cars are notoriously unreliable. At least in the sense that they require far more maitenance and expense to keep in top running shape than many engines of similar or greater power output. That is a result of their complexity, poor heat managment, and inherent problems with the rotatry's design.

Great overall car, and if I were to happen upon one down the road that was a decent and unmolested runner I'd definetly think about picking it up for a few years of fun.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:04 AM
TECH Resident

My point is if the car would run 14 or under stock it would be on the list and might make for a legit vid. They didnt forget it.
Well, the nissan 300zx twin turbo isn't on that list, it ran a 13.8. The Dodge steath turbo ran a 13.9, and the Mitshibishi vr4 ran a 13.7/13.8 also isn't on the list. I see they ran the 1993 supra turbo at 13.6 and it's last year, it ran a 13.5. I think they missed 3 on that least that I know were all mid to high 13 second cars stock during their peak times (early to mid 90s).

And the twin turbo rx7 did run a 13.8 too bone stock according to 3 magazines. It's trap speed was higher than the 300zx, and stealth turbo.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:19 AM
Staging Lane

Yes they did, they missed a lot of cars.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:26 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dcmercury2
Are we still entertaining this fool? Well he has finally convinced me with all his ricer logic. I am in the process of throwing my LS1 in the garbage (maybe someone with a blown rotary engine is looking for an engine that actually works) and am installing a 13B to lay the smack down on the whole world. Thank you LSNADS7 for making me see the light. Your mission in life is almost complete you only have to convince the rest of the world of your utter stupidity. Theres a reason your post count is stuck at 6. BS doesnt get counted.
Why are you still talking. Obviously you don't even read what I write. How dumb are you? I am putting an LS1 in my RX-7, so what kind of dumb **** are talking? I was just informing people who have no idea about certain engines, like yourself.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:28 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GMmexican
doesnt ford own mazda now? lol
No. They own some of Mazda.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:43 AM
Banned

Yes they did, they missed a lot of cars.
So you say, the owner of a car in question(although you have an ls1). If you think they missed a lot of cars then you put up a list of the cars they missed. They based their list(North American available car) on actual results not urban legend. IF you noticed the list gets updated as new cars come out to make the list. Find me some proof other than your opinion and maybe I'll believe the stock rx-7 should be there. But as far as the vid goes its total horseshit and thats how this all started in the first place.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:31 AM
TECH Resident

No. They own some of Mazda.
lol, more than some.

www.ford.com

Quick Reply: *VIDEO* LS1 Trans Am vs 93 RX7 race 0-120mph